"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 358 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3580Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #10711 of 11088 Old 11-01-2016, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Episode 2 was boring for the most part but I really like King Ezekiel...the actor playing him (Khary Payton) has great screen presence/charisma...this is the actor's first major acting role outside of voiceover work and I think he did an outstanding job...looks like next week is all about Negan's compound and Daryl so another week without Rick and the crew
Tack likes this.
TitusTroy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10712 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I still don't quite understand why Carol is hell bent on being a vagabond / living on her own .. and what significance does the house Morgan tagged the mailbox on and Carol went back to have .. ??
They discussed all this last season. She could not take it anymore, all the killing and attacking. She left Alexandria because she couldn't do it anymore. She didn't like who she became, etc. She doesn't want to be a part of the Kingdom and being forced to do the same thing at Alexandria and eventually do more killing. Its why she broke down in the road when attacked and was begging them to just leave, she didn't want to kill them all and she knew she would.


There is no significance. Morgan was marking multiple things with the way back to Alexandria in case he needed it. He also put up the red flag to mark it too. When she took it over he put the flag down because someone is now living there. It was the closest house to the Kingdom so they selected that one.
phildaant likes this.

WilliamR is online now  
post #10713 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
How about Oregon Trail's tombstone like http://www.oregontrailtombstone.com/...5nK0RlYWRzLg== ?
phildaant is offline  
post #10714 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 06:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 16,674
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post
Interesting philosophical question - if paying tribute to Negan results in implied protection (even if he's a psychopath and his henchmen are mostly a bunch of jerks), why wouldn't you want to buy into that system? Certainly its no different than medieval feudalism. Arguably its not a lot different than paying taxes for government law and order....
The problem is, it's more like paying for mafia protection. You're paying to be protected from the very people that are threatening you.

In the other examples you cite (feudalism, government, etc), your taxes go toward protection from outside threats. You go about your business and if someone comes attacking, the army fends them off.

If our government were like Negan, the police would come beat you up if you didn't pay them. In reality, even if you owe back taxes, the police will still come when you call them for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post
Except for that I am inferring from what we saw of the Kingdom that the only reason it continues to exist is because of some level of protection by Negan. They didn't seem particularly adept at self defense for the most part.
I disagree.

What other threat is there beside Negan? Walkers? That's what a wall is for.

Alexandria was doing just fine until the Saviors found them. They were vulnerable to human attack, sure, but the only ones attacking are the very people running the pay for protection scheme.

"This little garden of radishes you have here....it would be a shame if someone came and messed them up. We offer a radish protection program where you pay us in zucchini in return for making sure no one come stomping on your radishes....but if you don't pay, we'll bash your brains in..."

If it weren't for Negan, they wouldn't need protection from anyone.
shivaji and Nayan like this.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #10715 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 6,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2411 Post(s)
Liked: 3212
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Alexandria was doing just fine until the Saviors found them. They were vulnerable to human attack, sure, but the only ones attacking are the very people running the pay for protection scheme.

Small correction - Alexandria was doing fine until Rick and his not so merry band of Schleprocks found them.
aaronwt and shivaji like this.
Tack is offline  
post #10716 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 16,674
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Small correction - Alexandria was doing fine until Rick and his not so merry band of Schleprocks found them.
Yes and no.

They were struggling and losing people to walkers when going out for supplies. Also, the solar panels weren't working until Eugene got them working.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #10717 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 6,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2411 Post(s)
Liked: 3212
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
Yes and no.

They were struggling and losing people to walkers when going out for supplies. Also, the solar panels weren't working until Eugene got them working.
Just messing around 'Net. No offense.



Deanna - Rick, we're losing people here and there to walkers and....

Rick - You want more walkers?

Deanna - Uh, no I didn't say...

Rick - Cuz I can GET you more walkers!

Deanna - I don't think you underst....

Rick - I figured out a way to get 'em out of the quarry. Be right back. Daryl! Let's roll! Deanna wants MOAR Walkers!

Daryl - Oh HELL yeah. Imma get my bike. Be right there!

Deanna - I don't even...


aaronwt, Sonyad, JoeNc and 1 others like this.
Tack is offline  
post #10718 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 774
one would think that if all these groups (Kingdom, Hilltop, Rick's group etc) combined their forces that they could easily defeat Negan and the Saviors...they all have guns plus they got a freakin tiger...not the same but somewhat similar to Daenerys and her dragons on Game of Thrones...I think the best thing for this show would be to announce an end date...seems like every season is just the same overall concept of new villain group to defeat, find a new place to call home, lose a major cast member plus a few less major ones, rinse and repeat
taxman48 and Nayan like this.
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10719 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,067
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3232 Post(s)
Liked: 2922
I'm afraid those AK-47's would make kitty-cuts out of that tiger. He's a pretty big target.
aaronwt and hall like this.
archiguy is online now  
post #10720 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I'm afraid those AK-47's would make kitty-cuts out of that tiger. He's a pretty big target.

true but you don't put the tiger in the front lines...you have him lead the 3rd or 4th wave
taxman48 likes this.
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10721 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 1,221
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Small correction - Alexandria was doing fine until Rick and his not so merry band of Schleprocks found them.
Well, remember - Alexandria (Aaron) found them! So, they can only blame themselves.
aaronwt and hall like this.
Jonas2 is offline  
post #10722 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I think the best thing for this show would be to announce an end date...

And throw away one of the biggest cash cows on TV right now? Good luck with that.

Lots of stories to tell yet before there's an end in site. The only way it ends on TV anytime soon is if ratings take a nosedive for some reason.
gwsat likes this.
zeus33 is offline  
post #10723 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Lots of stories to tell yet before there's an end in site. The only way it ends on TV anytime soon is if ratings take a nosedive for some reason.

do we really want or need 20 seasons of Walking Dead?...that Fear spinoff already has diluted the brand and just because there are lots of stories left to tell from the comics doesn't mean that the TV show should go on forever...it's been 7 years and since they have no intention of ever revealing the cause of the virus or finding a cure I'm not sure we need 20 seasons of Rick and his group defeating the big bad villain group every season...I'm a fan of the show but it's not in the same league as Game of Thrones or even the new Westworld...I wish the show would try something new, maybe split the group up permanently...or go to a new location...I know there supposed to be in Alexandria now but it looks the exact same as Atlanta (being that they film in Atlanta this is not surprising)
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10724 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dayton
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 136
20 seasons ? Hah ! I think they'll have actors asking to be killed off !

We started watching Fear the Walking Dead. My wife still does but I gave up after 4-5 episodes or so...once it became TWD:West Coast.
hall is offline  
post #10725 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 16,175
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked: 2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
They discussed all this last season. She could not take it anymore, all the killing and attacking. She left Alexandria because she couldn't do it anymore. She didn't like who she became, etc. She doesn't want to be a part of the Kingdom and being forced to do the same thing at Alexandria and eventually do more killing. Its why she broke down in the road when attacked and was begging them to just leave, she didn't want to kill them all and she knew she would.

Right. And if she is with other people, the odds go up that she'll be thrown into a situation where she will have to kill to defend them.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1
cel4145 is offline  
post #10726 of 11088 Old 11-02-2016, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I'm not sure we need 20 seasons of Rick and his group defeating the big bad villain group every season....

If you don't like the current "format" ("defeating the big bad villian group every season"), do yourself a favor and stop watching now. This is the world that Kirkman created and the one they will be in till the end. There will always be another group of bad people to deal with.

Kirkman has always said that the show is about how the characters deal with adversity and how it changes them and their values as people. We see it every time the group has to deal with another bad guy.
aaronwt and hall like this.
zeus33 is offline  
post #10727 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
MrEmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE Mass, USA, Earth
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
If you don't like the current "format" ("defeating the big bad villian group every season"), do yourself a favor and stop watching now. This is the world that Kirkman created and the one they will be in till the end. There will always be another group of bad people to deal with.

Kirkman has always said that the show is about how the characters deal with adversity and how it changes them and their values as people. We see it every time the group has to deal with another bad guy.
I don't read the comics, so I don't know if this has been done, but one things they haven't done yet (that I recall) is have the characters come down with some kind of serious illness, zombie-related or otherwise. That could be interesting, depending on how it's done.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
MrEmoto is offline  
post #10728 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tcramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
I don't read the comics, so I don't know if this has been done, but one things they haven't done yet (that I recall) is have the characters come down with some kind of serious illness, zombie-related or otherwise. That could be interesting, depending on how it's done.
That was done, I believe at the beginning of season 4, when everyone was getting sick at the prison.
aaronwt, Nayan, cel4145 and 1 others like this.


JVC DLA-RS600
Denon X4300H
2x Rythmik FV15HP
Energy Veritas Fronts and Surrounds
4x RSL C34E for Atmos
tcramer is offline  
post #10729 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
I don't read the comics, so I don't know if this has been done, but one things they haven't done yet (that I recall) is have the characters come down with some kind of serious illness, zombie-related or otherwise. That could be interesting, depending on how it's done.
When they did this in the prison a few season ago, it DID make for some interesting discussions. Made you realize how vulnerable they are when cut off from basic medical care/medicine.
MrEmoto likes this.

WilliamR is online now  
post #10730 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 12:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 13,038
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 1936
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
If you don't like the current "format" ("defeating the big bad villian group every season"), do yourself a favor and stop watching now. This is the world that Kirkman created and the one they will be in till the end. There will always be another group of bad people to deal with.

Kirkman has always said that the show is about how the characters deal with adversity and how it changes them and their values as people. We see it every time the group has to deal with another bad guy.
Without the Bad Guy schtick, where would we be .. ?? .. Living peacefully in a walled compound and growing carrots .. ??

No thanks .. and I think Negan will be around a while ..
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #10731 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 16,175
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked: 2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
If you don't like the current "format" ("defeating the big bad villian group every season"), do yourself a favor and stop watching now. This is the world that Kirkman created and the one they will be in till the end. There will always be another group of bad people to deal with.

Kirkman has always said . . .
If I had a dollar for every time someone posts "Kirkman says" to illustrate that his shows will not change in reference to a viable criticism, I could take a long expensive vacation this summer.

At most this tells us that Kirkman is narrow minded and of limited creative ability. It's the difference between good directors/creators and great ones. The latter continue to develop and change their shows over time, as opposed to being stuck in their original creative vision such that a show becomes formulaic and predictable in the later seasons.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1
cel4145 is offline  
post #10732 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I think they mentioned keeping the comic around for 300 issues or something, that would indicate 20 seasons of TV, but they would have to rotate characters out including your favorites. TV shows are different market though so I doubt that happens. I could easily see 9 or 10 seasons which would be fine, but there really needs to be some conclusion to the epidemic. I know they stated they don't want to get into it and that's one of the things I dislike about TWD. I say it IS important.

Quote:
one would think that if all these groups (Kingdom, Hilltop, Rick's group etc) combined their forces that they could easily defeat Negan and the Saviors
And if you really want to know because I happened to see the titles of the next comic issues:
Spoiler ahead so don't click this if you don't want to know.
Spoiler!

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
post #10733 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 13,038
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 1936
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
I think they mentioned keeping the comic around for 300 issues or something, that would indicate 20 seasons of TV, but they would have to rotate characters out including your favorites. TV shows are different market though so I doubt that happens. I could easily see 9 or 10 seasons which would be fine, but there really needs to be some conclusion to the epidemic. I know they stated they don't want to get into it and that's one of the things I dislike about TWD. I say it IS important.
I'd like to have at least a shot at living until the series finale .. .. I'm 70 ..

Negan first appeared in comic #100 .. they are up to, I believe, 159 .. he's still going strong ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #10734 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
If I had a dollar for every time someone posts "Kirkman says" to illustrate that his shows will not change in reference to a viable criticism, I could take a long expensive vacation this summer.

At most this tells us that Kirkman is narrow minded and of limited creative ability. It's the difference between good directors/creators and great ones. The latter continue to develop and change their shows over time, as opposed to being stuck in their original creative vision such that a show becomes formulaic and predictable in the later seasons.


Everyone can have their opinion, but when it has been stated that their "idea" of what should happen, won't happen by the guy that makes those decisions, it's decided. You can speculate all you want, but the show will mostly follow the comics (with some deviations), but the main story will be the same. Except for the way it ends. (Kirkman said. )

You're entitled to that opinion. I don't think Kirkman has ever professed to be some great writer/director/creator. He created a comic that became very popular and a studio approached him and said "we'll give you X amount of money to make this into a TV show." He obviously agreed, and here we are. I'm pretty sure they don't want him to deviate much from the comics. Apparently, the viewers are in agreement as the ratings would reflect.

Besides, we have seen what happens when the group that makes TWD gets "creative". It's called Fear The Walking Dead and it's an abomination.
archiguy, aaronwt, Tack and 2 others like this.
zeus33 is offline  
post #10735 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 06:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 16,175
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked: 2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Everyone can have their opinion, but when it has been stated that their "idea" of what should happen, won't happen by the guy that makes those decisions, it's decided.
Oh sure. But eventually AMC might have something to say about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Besides, we have seen what happens when the group that makes TWD gets "creative". It's called Fear The Walking Dead and it's an abomination.
We almost agree there. I probably wouldn't call it an abomination. More like sludge. It's very meh

At least (IMO), Outcast is better than FWD. I'll give Kirkman credit for having a good concept there.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1

Last edited by cel4145; 11-04-2016 at 07:12 PM.
cel4145 is offline  
post #10736 of 11088 Old 11-04-2016, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I'd like to have at least a shot at living until the series finale .. .. I'm 70 ..

Negan first appeared in comic #100 .. they are up to, I believe, 159 .. he's still going strong ..
I wonder if the TV show will drag this Negan battle out indefinitely or if they'll speed it up...TV is different then books...I think Negan will stick around into the first half of Season 8 but I think viewers will want resolution to his story by then especially since he killed off 2 of the most popular characters on the show...dragging this out over 2-3 seasons would be a mistake

Spoiler!
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10737 of 11088 Old 11-05-2016, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 852
I know Kirkman has stated we'll never hear the word zombies spoken. I guess this means all of the various people we have seen since episode 1, season 1 are not aware of the word zombie. More likely George Romero has copyrighted the word.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #10738 of 11088 Old 11-05-2016, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 5,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
. More likely George Romero has copyrighted the word.
I know that is tongue in cheek, but, White Zombie came out in 1932, 8 years before George Romero was born!!!
aaronwt and Garrett Adams like this.

Bobby 

bobby94928 is offline  
post #10739 of 11088 Old 11-06-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I know Kirkman has stated we'll never hear the word zombies spoken. I guess this means all of the various people we have seen since episode 1, season 1 are not aware of the word zombie. More likely George Romero has copyrighted the word.

going forward all undead will now be referred to as 'walkers' in any upcoming movie...World War Z 2 will now have fast moving walkers!
Nayan likes this.
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10740 of 11088 Old 11-07-2016, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Another dark episode. Wonder if Daryl will ever break?
phildaant likes this.

WilliamR is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off