"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 361 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4123Likes

post #10801 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5031 Post(s)
Liked: 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Should have played something by the Zombies.

http://www.thezombiesmusic.com/home

Why are we getting treated to 85 minutes next week?
It's the time of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Gaaad, that really is SO bad. Only thing I can think of that's worse would maybe be 877 KARS FOR KIDS or Sugar Sugar by the Archies. Possibly Copacabana. And - It Never Rains In California. Basically all of Tony Orlando and Dawn's catalogue. I'd say Achy Breaky Heart, but Daryl would probably dig it. Oh, 4 Non Blondes "What's Up" - I'd kill myself and save Negan the trouble. Actually, there a ton of it.
Not even thinking about it I walked thru the family singing 1-877-Kars-for-kids, donate your car today. Next thing I know, my kid is singing it. Then realizes it and gets mad at me. I said this time it's not my fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
Each season, it seems to take me further into the week before I watch that week's episode.

If Negan is still breathing come season finale, I'll probably re-evaluate continuing with the show.

It's to the point I'd almost rather they go back on the road instead of trying to find sanctuary, only to come under attack again.
I agree. They should go back on the road. Maybe dangle some rumor of a cure in NYC, or something.
phildaant likes this.

Advertisement

post #10802 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1473 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
I still haven't watched last week's episode yet...I watched the premiere the same night and the following episode as well but I might just binge watch the next few episodes and when the mid-season finale comes around I'll watch it the same night...the same pattern emerges the last few seasons- big premieres and finales followed by a bunch of filler and dull episodes sandwiched in between

what the show really needs to do is break this pattern...going on the road or whatever wouldn't solve the fundamental issues with this show...they need to surprise viewers in some of the middle episodes...when Lori died it was something like episode 3 of the new season...they need to get back to making 'big' episodes throughout the season
heepman likes this.
post #10803 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post
Hope someone from the show is reading this thread, because

Way to much music that episode, over 15min of just music !!! I was muting the
show after the first 3mins ...........

Lazy writers ..........
I fast fowarded (FFed) these parts!
31dag likes this.

post #10804 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
It's the time of the season.

Not even thinking about it I walked thru the family singing 1-877-Kars-for-kids, donate your car today. Next thing I know, my kid is singing it. Then realizes it and gets mad at me. I said this time it's not my fault.

I agree. They should go back on the road. Maybe dangle some rumor of a cure in NYC, or something.
Haha, my parents love that song. Argh!!!!
post #10805 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 1452
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
If you think that, then how in the heck did Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Mussolini, Jong-il and son, and on and on, stay in power? By fear and intimidation, not only for the individual’s life, but that of his/her family and loved ones as well.
Except, aside from the latter, they didn't. They all got crushed at some point, not because someone from the outside took away their power, but because people on the inside rebelled against them.

In every case, there were resistant people that aided others in deposing them.

Those regimes never succeed based on fear. At some point, people realize the storm troopers are coming for them instead of someone else.
post #10806 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
Liked: 3095
Quote:
Except, aside from the latter, they didn't. They all got crushed at some point, not because someone from the outside took away their power, but because people on the inside rebelled against them.

In every case, there were resistant people that aided others in deposing them.

Those regimes never succeed based on fear. At some point, people realize the storm troopers are coming for them instead of someone else.
"Except" you have a revisionist history syndrome . The allies defeated Hitler and he committed suicide, the U.S. captured Sadam, and it was only when Italy was thoroughly trashed by the allies did the folks rise up against Mussolini. And didn't Stalin pass away and his body held in state?

The whole thing is, people like Negan do have a short reign, but usually because of outside forces, not within. Uh, my opinion of course .
slowbiscuit likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #10807 of 11806 Old 11-08-2016, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Something is going to have to happen to reengage my attention very soon or I will be out.
I'm certain that you make that same proclamation in threads here on every TV that we watch in common.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
post #10808 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1377 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
If you think that, then how in the heck did Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Mussolini, Jong-il and son, and on and on, stay in power? By fear and intimidation, not only for the individual’s life, but that of his/her family and loved ones as well.
You can't compare the two when one is the real world and the other is the end of the world in a zombie apocalypse.

post #10809 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 04:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
Liked: 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
You can't compare the two when one is the real world and the other is the end of the world in a zombie apocalypse.
You’re the one who wondered why no one would rebel. I gave you a logical answer as to why, because we’ve seen it throughout history. Now you’re saying I can’t compare real life with fiction? Of course I can, and did .

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #10810 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Heard Bill Simmons say this because he bailed on the show and I agree. All you have to watch is the 1st and last episode of each season. That's all the action, and in between its very slow and plodding and setting up that season finale action. It's very formulaic now.
leebo and daryl zero like this.
post #10811 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3381 Post(s)
Liked: 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
I'm certain that you make that same proclamation in threads here on every TV that we watch in common.
Have I said something that offended you? The last time I checked, we were talking about a TV show, a loud, dumb, TV show at that? I tend to put most TV shows on a short leash so it should have come as no surprise that the possibility of baling out on any of them is never far from my consciousness. Hope you don't mind.
dan4081 likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #10812 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
"Except" you have a revisionist history syndrome . The allies defeated Hitler and he committed suicide, the U.S. captured Sadam, and it was only when Italy was thoroughly trashed by the allies did the folks rise up against Mussolini. And didn't Stalin pass away and his body held in state?

The whole thing is, people like Negan do have a short reign, but usually because of outside forces, not within. Uh, my opinion of course .
Not true.

The progress of the allies in each of those cases was due completely to underground support from within from people who risked everything to erode things well before those decisive battles. In each case, the mistake of the ruling party was in thinking they actually had the full support of the people.

In each case, the underground movement started removing chairs, and the ruling party was caught without any when the music stopped.

In a lot of cases, it's only recently we learned about the many crucial operations performed by those groups internally.
post #10813 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
Liked: 4124
Quote:
Not true.

The progress of the allies in each of those cases was due completely to underground support from within from people who risked everything to erode things well before those decisive battles. In each case, the mistake of the ruling party was in thinking they actually had the full support of the people.

In each case, the underground movement started removing chairs, and the ruling party was caught without any when the music stopped.

In a lot of cases, it's only recently we learned about the many crucial operations performed by those groups internally.

I'd never say it didn't play a part, but completely? The list would go something like - MORE tanks, more planes, more oil, more men, dip**** decision making (two fronts? dumbass), more oilx2, underground support.
post #10814 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
You can send them up here to Michigan.

Thanks to being surrounded on three sides by water, we've been able to add fencing to the network of existing farms from just west of Sound Bend at Lake Michigan to just north of Toledo at Lake Erie. By connecting the farms 10 miles deep, we have zombie corrals which make it easy for our border control to contain and kill them, and then repair any border breaches.

Meanwhile, due to below freezing temperatures almost constantly from late December to early March, everyone has worked together to eliminate the zombies inside our border. Not hard to kill them when they are frozen solid and can't move. Consequently, we have a republic of 20,000 people with agriculture restarted and plenty of fish to supplement our livestock. Everything would be great, but those evil Canuks keep raiding us from Windor across into the Detroit area. We need any help we can get to stop these foreign invaders!

See Kirkman & Co, it can't be that hard to come up with ideas.
mike1812, shivaji, gwsat and 2 others like this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #10815 of 11806 Old 11-09-2016, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
You can send them up here to Michigan.

Thanks to being surrounded on three sides by water, we've been able to add fencing to the network of existing farms from just west of Sound Bend at Lake Michigan to just north of Toledo at Lake Erie. By connecting the farms 10 miles deep, we have zombie corrals which make it easy for our border control to contain and kill them, and then repair any border breaches.

Meanwhile, due to below freezing temperatures almost constantly from late December to early March, everyone has worked together to eliminate the zombies inside our border. Not hard to kill them when they are frozen solid and can't move. Consequently, we have a republic of 20,000 people with agriculture restarted and plenty of fish to supplement our livestock. Everything would be great, but those evil Canuks keep raiding us from Windor across into the Detroit area. We need any help we can get to stop these foreign invaders!

See Kirkman & Co, it can't be that hard to come up with ideas.

CANADIANS!

cel4145 likes this.
post #10816 of 11806 Old 11-10-2016, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Ezekiel specifically addressed this when he said he kept it from everyone so they would not be panicked/scared, etc. He had a little speech as to why he was keeping it from them.
I am talking about Negan. I said Negan will go again to let everybody know. You replayed Negan has already been there and I am just saying it is not true because if he had been there to let everybody know, everybody would know. If Negan wants to do something he will do it no matter what Eziekel wants.

To sum it up, I said Negan will find out about the pigs and Ezekiel keeping it a secret and will go to the kingdom to "fix" things.

Last edited by 31dag; 11-10-2016 at 05:25 AM.
post #10817 of 11806 Old 11-10-2016, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1473 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
Heard Bill Simmons say this because he bailed on the show and I agree. All you have to watch is the 1st and last episode of each season. That's all the action, and in between its very slow and plodding and setting up that season finale action. It's very formulaic now.

since the season is split into 2 parts...I say it's probably 4 episodes where all the major stuff happens- the 1st and 8th episode (mid-season finale) along with the 9th (winter premiere) and 16th (season finale)...that's what I miss about Frank Darabont or even Glen Mazzara (Season 2)...they would spread the action and reveals across the entire season...I'm shocked that after 7 seasons ratings have not started to fall back in a big way...almost everyone I know has started to become bored or annoyed with the show
post #10818 of 11806 Old 11-10-2016, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 2416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
since the season is split into 2 parts...I say it's probably 4 episodes where all the major stuff happens- the 1st and 8th episode (mid-season finale) along with the 9th (winter premiere) and 16th (season finale)...that's what I miss about Frank Darabont or even Glen Mazzara (Season 2)...they would spread the action and reveals across the entire season...I'm shocked that after 7 seasons ratings have not started to fall back in a big way...almost everyone I know has started to become bored or annoyed with the show
AMC played the whole Negan thing up, so the premier this year was a ratings bonanza .. many will stick around just to see what happens .. and, sometimes, a show keeps ratings fairly high just under the weight of the fanbase alone, people that will watch no matter what .. water cooler talk, etc ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #10819 of 11806 Old 11-13-2016, 07:42 AM

Dave Chappelle fans might enjoy his SNL skit about the TWD season opener

Sonyad, Tack and phildaant like this.

Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #10820 of 11806 Old 11-13-2016, 09:30 AM

I read an article that the ratings for The Walking Dead have been declining every episode since the premiere. Hmmmm, wonder if people are tired of the killing of characters they are trying to become invested in (as I have stated numerous times). The article mentions this and how its just all very dark and glumy this season, which people are not enjoying.
shivaji, dan4081 and 31dag like this.

post #10821 of 11806 Old 11-13-2016, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2450 Post(s)
Liked: 1765
Quote:
I read an article that the ratings for The Walking Dead have been declining every episode since the premiere. Hmmmm, wonder if people are tired of the killing of characters they are trying to become invested in (as I have stated numerous times). The article mentions this and how its just all very dark and glumy this season, which people are not enjoying.
Or maybe its just BAD ?
Sonyad, gwsat, Nayan and 2 others like this.
post #10822 of 11806 Old 11-13-2016, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
It is built into our society to root for ones particular team and players. No one turns on a game or goes to one, to see their team lose, or have their favorite players out and out killed. It is not how one makes a tuned in and interested fan base or an enjoyable show. Unless the game is Rollerball, that is. Like last night, I tuned in to see Mcgegor kick Alverez's ass and it happened as I knew it would. I rewatched that fight several times with great interest and pleasure at his level of skill. If the writers ignore that fact just to say they are being true to a comic book, is not very astute, in my opinion. Also, if they are playing the long game where ones team does not win until the last game of the season, or the next, and Rick and our guys finally get their retribution, it might be too little, too late. If they opened the season as I wrote several pages back, all would be happy instead, except for Neegan and his bunch, who would be out of a continuing paycheck. Whatever though, there are plenty of shows to watch instead, and those involved with the show are still getting paid so maybe those disillusioned with it don't matter in the long view.
Tack and 31dag like this.

Last edited by shivaji; 11-13-2016 at 11:12 AM.
post #10823 of 11806 Old 11-13-2016, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Dave Chappelle fans might enjoy his SNL skit about the TWD season opener

That was good. Would have been perfect with Wayne Brady as Negan.
phildaant and cel4145 like this.
post #10824 of 11806 Old 11-13-2016, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
I read an article that the ratings for The Walking Dead have been declining every episode since the premiere.
That happens every season, I'm positive.
phildaant likes this.
post #10825 of 11806 Old 11-14-2016, 12:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
That happens every season, I'm positive.
Yep. I think that happened in S1 too?
post #10826 of 11806 Old 11-14-2016, 02:48 AM

I think the biggest issue I have with Negan is he always seems to have to sell himself by saying things like "Are we peeing our pants right about now?" or "Have we learned our lesson?" or similar BS.

It's like he has to convince people they should be afraid of him.

He reminds me of a car salesman who convinces the buyer that he has all the power when it's really the buyer that does.
31dag likes this.
post #10827 of 11806 Old 11-14-2016, 04:12 AM

Not sure why they didn't hide a bunch of weapons. Neegan wouldn't know how many they have, just hide their original weapons and make sure he gets back the ones marked by his guys. Same with everything else. Take it out of the community, hide it in all the graves, under the bodies, hide it in the burnt out houses, etc. etc. etc.

Another dreary episode, more reasons to hate Neegan, more shots of our favorites being broken down, ridiculed, and harassed. Sure is a dark season. Not a lot to look forward to each week.
slowbiscuit likes this.

post #10828 of 11806 Old 11-14-2016, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Man, they really need to change things up!

Negan is such a shallow one note character, even his outfit never changes. (This ain't Gilligan's Island, or Bonanza ) Where is the depth they promised he had?
Garrett Adams, Tack and gwsat like this.
post #10829 of 11806 Old 11-14-2016, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
I think the biggest issue I have with Negan is he always seems to have to sell himself by saying things like "Are we peeing our pants right about now?" or "Have we learned our lesson?" or similar BS.

It's like he has to convince people they should be afraid of him.

He reminds me of a car salesman who convinces the buyer that he has all the power when it's really the buyer that does.
Yup, he's definitely selling it and my guess is he was some sort of nobody before it all went down. Seems to me he needs an audience, he might be the one who's probably peed his pant and can't believe people are buying it. I don't read the comics but I'll go as far as to think he could have been a shrink, as his physiological break down seems of someone he might had attempted to help?

Another similar topic, I'm not buying the terrified bit from Rick and gang. I know for storytelling sakes and making following a formula to get that certain demographic on the edge of their seats.

Sure they just watched two of their dearest friends get clubbed to death. What I'm trying to say in this instance after going through so much in the past, the prison, the Governor, just about to be livestock in Terminus so much more I can see crazy engolfing Rick and bashing Negan right on the noggin without much thought.

Djoel

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
post #10830 of 11806 Old 11-14-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Not sure why they didn't hide a bunch of weapons. Neegan wouldn't know how many they have, just hide their original weapons and make sure he gets back the ones marked by his guys. Same with everything else. Take it out of the community, hide it in all the graves, under the bodies, hide it in the burnt out houses, etc. etc. etc.
That's probably one of two reasons that Negan came early instead of giving them a week: so they wouldn't hide the guns and wouldn't mount a defense.
Djoel likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page