"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 371 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3607Likes
post #11101 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 383
One of the producers said on Talking Dead that Karl didn't want to kill his followers.

He did kill two of them but by not killing Negan, someone will pay the consequences.

Megan makes his followers kneel and be grateful for the few crumbs he tosses out to them. He gives them points for showing loyalty.

But if he's oppressive enough, I don't know how some of them don't conspire to kill him. It's not like he's some intimidating figure with his inability to fill in those skinny jeans.

While he's liquored up and screwing his harem, he could be so easily got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11102 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Did anyone else notice how Negan hid, cowardly, behind his guys outside of the truck ? Not that it would do much good if Carl did decide to unload on them.

Also, Daryl leaned over very quickly and whispered something to Carl after Carl got out of the truck. He couldn't have said more than a couple words though as quick as it was.
post #11103 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post

Also, Daryl leaned over very quickly and whispered something to Carl after Carl got out of the truck. He couldn't have said more than a couple words though as quick as it was.
"Change the channel"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Maybe this might explain Carls future:

?
post #11104 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW, Morgan referred in an interview to "years" of a relationship between Karl and Negan.

Ugh.
post #11105 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Maybe this might explain Carls future:

Carl is becoming a football player ? Wrong link obviously.... I'd guess the link was supposed to be to a tabloid-like story about Carl, or at least Chandler Riggs, leaving the show to attend college.
aaronwt likes this.
post #11106 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

But if he's oppressive enough, I don't know how some of them don't conspire to kill him. It's not like he's some intimidating figure with his inability to fill in those skinny jeans.

While he's liquored up and screwing his harem, he could be so easily got.
This is what bothers me the most about this story line. The two people closest to Neegan have easy access to guns (Dwight) and Neegan (the wife), they both despise him, and have tried to escape once before, so they obviously don't care about the "protection" living in Neegan's compound provides. It would be very easy for Dwight to slip her a weapon, she kills him at night, and they both get away in a truck loaded with supplies before anyone knows what happened. The ensuing chaos would give them a good headstart should any of Neegan's lieutenants take over and try to retaliate and prevent them from getting away.
post #11107 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 12:44 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4820 Post(s)
Liked: 2842
Quote:
Did anyone else notice how Negan hid, cowardly, behind his guys outside of the truck ? Not that it would do much good if Carl did decide to unload on them.

Cowardly?? You mean smartly.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #11108 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked: 9839
Way too much Negan. I can take him in smaller doses. But 90 minutes of almost all Negan was too much. Also this situation makes me think of the Pixar movie A Bugs Life. When the ants realize they have the numbers against the bigger and stronger grasshoppers and rise up. I hope the ants rise up soon. Don't know how much more Negan rambling I can take.

post #11109 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Problem is, the producers and the rest of the cast think Morgan is killing it as Negan, how his performance is charismatic enough to become as big a draw as any other character on the show.

They like to feature that poster of him with the bat and the grinning face.

Like I said before, they have nothing on the GoT writers on creating great villains.
post #11110 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Based on the pacing it seems like they'll wrap up Negan and the Saviors end of this season.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #11111 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I found this a very tedious episode.

They set up the Carl on the truck bit episodes back. Now he finally gets there and freezes at the prime moment of action... only to kill the underlings instead.

We all know that they plan on Negan being around, so they should use the time to add some much needed intrigue, rather than assassination attempts we know will fail.

So now he is away from his castle, with less protection. Perfect time to off him. Something tells me that it ain't going to happen
post #11112 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 08:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Don't know how much more Negan rambling I can take.
For me, it's not just the rambling.

It's that little lean back, then lean in thing he does every time he says literally anything at all. It's as if he has to catch a cheese ball in his mouth, then chew it before he talks.

It's like he thinks he's John Wayne, pausing at the doorway before saying his last line prior to exiting the scene.
StormCrow and Tack like this.
post #11113 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 08:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Don't know how much more Negan rambling I can take.
If you use FF to skip every second he's on the screen, you won't miss a single bit of the story. What an incredibly boring character and a horrible waste of screen time. It's becoming apparent the writers are using him so they don't have to actually write any story.
post #11114 of 11124 Unread 12-05-2016, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2430 Post(s)
Liked: 3260
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
If you use FF to skip every second he's on the screen, you won't miss a single bit of the story. What an incredibly boring character and a horrible waste of screen time. It's becoming apparent the writers are using him so they don't have to actually write any story.

WHOAH!! (leans back) Did you really just say that about Negan? Damn!! Hehe. You got some balls kid. I LIKE IT.

That about it?
leebo, mike1812 and heepman like this.
post #11115 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
This is what bothers me the most about this story line. The two people closest to Neegan have easy access to guns (Dwight) and Neegan (the wife), they both despise him, and have tried to escape once before, so they obviously don't care about the "protection" living in Neegan's compound provides. It would be very easy for Dwight to slip her a weapon, she kills him at night, and they both get away in a truck loaded with supplies before anyone knows what happened. The ensuing chaos would give them a good headstart should any of Neegan's lieutenants take over and try to retaliate and prevent them from getting away.
Wouldn't take half of that much planning. Just walk into his room when his lounging because you have to "talk" to him and pull a gun and kill him. Everyone has a gun, they go into his room all the time. Heck the guy that found his bat was just standing there with Neegan all spread out on his couch lounging with Carl.

post #11116 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
WHOAH!! (leans back) Did you really just say that about Negan? Damn!! Hehe. You got some balls kid. I LIKE IT.

That about it?
WOW, that was just like watching the show. You know, in the season premiere, Negan was a pretty sinister and menacing character. Now he is a caricature.
StormCrow and Tack like this.
post #11117 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 10:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1646 Post(s)
Liked: 1941
I think if you take out much of the Negan material in this episode, there was some good material .. Spencer / Rick tension, Rosita finally getting her one bullet / Jesus lurking around the Sanctuary .. the sub-plots were too short, but at least they were there ..

I don't know if I'm the only one, yet I felt the scene with Negan, Judith and Carl was the most chilling scene of the episode .. I kept thinking, what if Negan takes Rick's kids .. ?? Would that be the action that would finally light a fire under Rick .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #11118 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Big bad Carl. Rush into Savior camp with no plan. Has a chance to shoot Negan but doesn't. Then on the scaffolding, Negan has his back turned addressing his flock, Carl could have taken a good swing at him with Lucille.

Negan is just too much of an omnipotent character to be enjoyable. Add the fact that we know he's going to be around for a while, so there's no hope of the tides turning any time soon. So he struts around being menacing and they all have to take it or pay the consequences.
leebo likes this.
post #11119 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Before Negan was revealed, whenever they encountered the Saviors, they came across as arrogant Negan wannabes, demanding tribute right away.

But those always around him are cowering in his presence, like the fat guy who brought him the bat. Negan talks about breaking balls, like making fun of Dwight. Yet they don't project that same kind of arrogance in his presence, only to the outsiders.

So he rules mostly with fear? He doesn't have lieutenants who are almost as ruthless, to spread fear into all the followers?

If a couple of them takes him out, you don't get the sense that someone else will take over and then punish the perpetrators. They may try but what's to prevent the new guy from being taken out again?

How much of an empire can there be without palace guards and loyal generals who command big parts of the troops?

Maybe they haven't shown it yet but there doesn't seem to be much of an organizational structure to The Saviors, beyond Negan and everyone else, some of whom have more points than others, as doled out by Negan.

You would think he'd get some loyal lieutenants to always watch his back.
Sonyad and JoeNc like this.
post #11120 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I think if you take out much of the Negan material in this episode, there was some good material .. Spencer / Rick tension, Rosita finally getting her one bullet / Jesus lurking around the Sanctuary .. the sub-plots were too short, but at least they were there ..

I don't know if I'm the only one, yet I felt the scene with Negan, Judith and Carl was the most chilling scene of the episode .. I kept thinking, what if Negan takes Rick's kids .. ?? Would that be the action that would finally light a fire under Rick .. ??
I thought that this episode went some way in developing the Negan character. I found him somewhat more menacing close up in this episode than in prior ones. And, you are not alone in finding the interaction with the baby very sinister.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #11121 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Quote:
Carl is becoming a football player ? Wrong link obviously.... I'd guess the link was supposed to be to a tabloid-like story about Carl, or at least Chandler Riggs, leaving the show to attend college.
This is the correct story:

post #11122 of 11124 Unread Yesterday, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Re: the 7 year contract being up, his dad may be referring to his (Chandler's dad) contract being up. Now that Chandler is 18, he doesn't need a guardian on-set anymore.

Just don't see how it's practical for him to attend college (full-time) and squeeze in filming.
post #11123 of 11124 Unread Today, 04:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Negan is just too much of an omnipotent character to be enjoyable.
This! The season opener was exciting (I personally didn't care for the excessive gore), but after that there's no tension.

I'm not talking about the boring tension of everyone being a mouse. There's no credible threat to Negan.
post #11124 of 11124 Unread Today, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 809
TWD has been getting very formulaic in terms of "story" and tempo. The first and last show of each season are the ones with most actions. Afterwards, they have the slow eps and "character study" shows. There is a build up for the finales. The zombies have become part of the scenery for the most part and don't offer much of a threat unless they are used as a weapon in a flock.

Basically, the show is now about how humans are monsters and some of them end up wrecking things for everyone. Rinse and repeat.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows
Gear in this thread