"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 373 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4132Likes

post #11161 of 11825 Old 12-11-2016, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1499 Post(s)
Liked: 556
But there are refugees who leave their homeland all the time, for all kinds of reasons.

If things get bad enough or if there's no hope of better opportunities, they will risk migrating/immigrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11162 of 11825 Old 12-11-2016, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
But there are refugees who leave their homeland all the time, for all kinds of reasons.

If things get bad enough or if there's no hope of better opportunities, they will risk migrating/immigrating.
Some do. Syria is still full of people.

Negan has been careful not to make things "bad enough" or to remove all hope.
hall likes this.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #11163 of 11825 Old 12-11-2016, 10:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Putting aside the fact that it would have been so easy to kill Negan on a few occasions, what annoys me is how easy it would be to just pick up and leave.

Sure, they made it seem like every road out of there was blocked last season, but it sure seems like people are having no problem getting around now without being seen. Michonne is just walking around killing walkers, Carl and Enid had no problem walking to the Savior's camp before deciding to go back, Rick and Aaron are driving around looking for weapons, Rosita and Eugene just casually make their way to the bullet factory, and Sasha and Maggie (and now Enid) make it to the Hilltop undetected.

These people could easily leave Alexandria and get somewhere away from Negan and his crew.
But you need to remember their condition right before they arrived in Alexandria. Nearly feral, trying to feed acorns to Judith and just one step ahead of the murderous wolves.
thehun likes this.

post #11164 of 11825 Old 12-11-2016, 11:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Rick is finally on board.

Now to convince Carol and Morgan.

Didn't get a good look at what Michone supposedly saw. A bunch of people at some crossroad? A lot of them?

OK, Negan traveled to Alexandria with a dead-eye shooter and some sadistic *******s. But again, I don't buy that he has hundreds or thousands of absolutely loyal people who'd bring retribution on anyone who decapitated the head of the snake.

Who would take his place? There might be dozens who try but they'd be fighting each other for the reins, right, and the rest of the horde would just fall in line? He might have to spill a lot of blood before he could inherit everything.

After all, if Negan got taken out, why wouldn't the next guy and the one after that?
post #11165 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1392 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
What was the point of showing Richard go to his stash of stuff? Didn't seem to make much sense to follow a third rate character like that. I guess it will be important later.

Not enough of Daryl's escape and a little to brief, but gotta admit, the hug at the end with Rick was awesome.

Glad Spencer is gone, guy was a jerk. Olivia, meh, no impact for me as I wasn't invested in her.

How can Neegan feel they are in a big hole with the supplies? Just how many supplies does he think is out there? Eventually its going to run out as everyone tries to get supplies.

Wonder what Michone saw?

Here is to hope the second half of the season gets better then this very weak first half.

post #11166 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 308
At least now we know why nobody bothers to try and kill Negan. Magic!
post #11167 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
How can Neegan feel they are in a big hole with the supplies? Just how many supplies does he think is out there? Eventually its going to run out as everyone tries to get supplies.
Simply because he can.

I do wonder when they'll learn to stash some of what they find before bringing it back in too.
Ph8te likes this.
post #11168 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5096 Post(s)
Liked: 11765
It was just nice to have an episode end with hope.

P.S. Just an FYI. There's a brief bonus scene after the credits.

Last edited by Waboman; 12-12-2016 at 04:21 AM.
post #11169 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
So Rick isn't motived by the death of his closest friends but he's motivated by the deaths of an Alexandrian and one that wants to replace him? The turn of character here seemed cheap.

I didn't think Negan/saviors would be around that long, just a one-season villian. It will lead up to the last episode. The Governor had a season plus a few episodes in the next. There was even some backstory with a flashback episode.

Hard to say how many Saviors there really are. He could just have them all in one place for show and then others times have them spread out. I doubt thousands, but at least hundreds.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #11170 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 4203
I'd love to see a blow up shot of what Michonne was seeing. I rewound it a couple times and really don't have any idea.

I hope the producers take note of how much better this mixed episode was than the bottle episodes of the season. Scale back on the artsy fartsy stuff, mix it up, and while still not Shakespeare, it can be engaging.
thehun likes this.
post #11171 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked: 4357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I'd love to see a blow up shot of what Michonne was seeing. I rewound it a couple times and really don't have any idea.

I hope the producers take note of how much better this mixed episode was than the bottle episodes of the season. Scale back on the artsy fartsy stuff, mix it up, and while still not Shakespeare, it can be engaging.

From a brief glimpse it looked like a massive group of people/cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11172 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Merry Christmas and a happy new year kind of finale. To make as hope that there is hope.
I am not falling for it. But I was able to watch this episode without fast forward.
post #11173 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
First thing that came to mind was when they (don't remember who now, nor does it matter) crested a hill in the road and could see a "herd" off in the distance (at the end of the episode). It was supposed to be ominous, I guess, but I don't recall anything else about it in following episodes.
post #11174 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 191
When Negan sees that Daryl is gone and that one of his crew was murdered, Negan will go back to Alexandria and start killing randoms until Daryl is turned over....even though Daryl is at Hilltop.... therefore the Kingdom, Hilltop, Alexandria and Lesbian Hideaway have to all come together very, very quickly....unless Negan just shrugs his shoulders at Daryl's escape, but I don't see that happening.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #11175 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 12:32 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6391 Post(s)
Liked: 3955
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
When Negan sees that Daryl is gone and that one of his crew was murdered, Negan will go back to Alexandria and start killing randoms until Daryl is turned over....even though Daryl is at Hilltop.... therefore the Kingdom, Hilltop, Alexandria and Lesbian Hideaway have to all come together very, very quickly....unless Negan just shrugs his shoulders at Daryl's escape, but I don't see that happening.
He has no way of knowing where Daryl is. He has know way of knowing that Daryl had help.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #11176 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Negan will assume Daryl is wherever Rick is. After the events in this episode, I would expect what's her face to break her promise and reveal where a large gun stash is.

They are going to have to find a way to stall Negan.

If they want to defeat him, I would do the following:

I'm going to assume Negan has close to two thousand "Saviours", maybe less, based on Michonne's comments (a guess). So a direct assault would be foolish. I would also plan on (but think the probability low) a Negan assassination to trigger an attact by the Saviours. So first banish any children and pregnant women from the three encampments.

Next, trick Negan into another personal visit. Slaughter the entire visiting party, except for one (preferably a minor player). Return him with Negan's body to his hideout so it's clear they are no longer enslaved. Then brace themselves.

True, they might be attacked, maybe even destroyed (I would argue they are already destroyed. Sneeze wrong and Negan might kill someone.) but ANY aggression toward Negan would be met the same. At least this way Negan would be out of the picture.

On another note, if they made a bullet, does that not mean they have gun powder? And Negan didn't want to see where this bullet was made??

What was up in that scene after the credits?
post #11177 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
He has no way of knowing where Daryl is. He has know way of knowing that Daryl had help.
Daryl will go back to Rick. Negan knows this. It was also incredibly convenient that Daryl only came across only one Savior as he escaped through the walls/gate.
heepman likes this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #11178 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
One thing that I question is why did Rosita only get one bullet? I imagine Eugene could have made several, unless I missed something in that scene. She could get off several shots at Negan, increasing the odds of killing him. Of course the bullets are probably rather crude and wouldn't work well in her pistol.... it might jam.
post #11179 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Negan will assume Daryl is wherever Rick is. After the events in this episode, I would expect what's her face to break her promise and reveal where a large gun stash is.

They are going to have to find a way to stall Negan.

If they want to defeat him, I would do the following:

I'm going to assume Negan has close to two thousand "Saviours", maybe less, based on Michonne's comments (a guess). So a direct assault would be foolish. I would also plan on (but think the probability low) a Negan assassination to trigger an attact by the Saviours. So first banish any children and pregnant women from the three encampments.

Next, trick Negan into another personal visit. Slaughter the entire visiting party, except for one (preferably a minor player). Return him with Negan's body to his hideout so it's clear they are no longer enslaved. Then brace themselves.

True, they might be attacked, maybe even destroyed (I would argue they are already destroyed. Sneeze wrong and Negan might kill someone.) but ANY aggression toward Negan would be met the same. At least this way Negan would be out of the picture.

On another note, if they made a bullet, does that not mean they have gun powder? And Negan didn't want to see where this bullet was made??

What was up in that scene after the credits?
Pretty sure the reason Negan took Eugene was so he could make him bullets

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
post #11180 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I swear the bullet casing had markings on the bottom. Didn't it?

Also, wasn't it convenient that Negan looked at the casing to see it was homemade? Why would he presume that? Yeah, he took their guns and ammo but a) he could think they hid stuff from him or b) they found more on a supply search.
shivaji likes this.

Last edited by hall; 12-12-2016 at 03:50 PM.
post #11181 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't think they've established that the Saviors are so loyal. Negan may give some of them points for getting him "stuff" but if he's gone, does he have loyal generals and a succession plan to transition to a new leader who will exact revenge?

Meanwhile, there are probably a dozen guys like Dwight with his face melted off so they have a reason to kill Negan themselves.

If there's no clear and orderly succession plan, then the survivors will fight each other for the seat. Otherwise, cut the head off the snake ...

Is Rick going to have to slaughter hundreds or thousands of Saviors to win the war? Or will most of them just not care once Negan is taken out to fight Rick's army?

If the Saviors are that loyal and the only way is to kill all of them, then probably they will have to involve the zombie horde to do a lot of the killing.

In their planning, they have to determine if they need to kill all the Saviors or just expect that cutting off the head of the snake will cause the body to just go limp.
shivaji likes this.
post #11182 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
Don't forget that Negan now has Eugene as a hostage. He probably realizes that Eugene is not as valuable as Daryl, but then, Daryl probably can't make bullets.
post #11183 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Stone View Post
Pretty sure the reason Negan took Eugene was so he could make him bullets

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
I'm not so sure. I suspect he's got plenty of ammo for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I don't think they've established that the Saviors are so loyal.

Is Rick going to have to slaughter hundreds or thousands of Saviors to win the war? Or will most of them just not care once Negan is taken out to fight Rick's army?

If the Saviors are that loyal and the only way is to kill all of them, then probably they will have to involve the zombie horde to do a lot of the killing.

In their planning, they have to determine if they need to kill all the Saviors or just expect that cutting off the head of the snake will cause the body to just go limp.
Nah. It's like Michonne said, there are too many to take them all on. And they can only determine how loyal they are by capturing one. I don't know they have time for that considering Daryl's escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Don't forget that Negan now has Eugene as a hostage. He probably realizes that Eugene is not as valuable as Daryl, but then, Daryl probably can't make bullets.
Maybe he sensed Eugene has technical smarts. Or maybe to use him as more leverage, not knowing Daryl is gone. Did they take Rositas gun?
post #11184 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
He has no way of knowing where Daryl is.
No, he doesn't - but he will assume he's returned to Alexandria as the others have said. If he cares that Daryl escaped, he'll return to Alexandria and punish them, ask for Daryl back, and if they don't turn Daryl over, he'll punish them more. Repeat that until ??
post #11185 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
I swear the bullet casing had markings on the bottom. Didn't it?

Also, wasn't it convenient that Negan looked at the casing to see it was homemade? Why would he presume that? Yeah, he took their guns and ammo but a) he could think they hid stuff from him or b) they found more on a supply search.
That casing was brass that they found earlier. All it was was a reload. Maybe the bullet would look home made, but the case was manufactured. No way Negan could tell.
post #11186 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

But I guess ammo supply is an issue now all of a sudden.

Even though most of the series, they were spraying bullets often.
post #11187 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ahhh yes, they did re-use a case. Also explains why only (1) was made.

But what did Negan mean when he said (something like), "look at those crimps". I thought that referred to the 'rim' portion ?
post #11188 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 488
I want to see Daryl use his crossbow to stick a bolt directly into Negan's right eye. The left will do also!

Bobby 

post #11189 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Did they take Rositas gun?
Speaking of guns, what are the odds that Fat Joe would have Rick's gun ? Wait, didn't Rick prefer revolvers ?
post #11190 of 11825 Old 12-12-2016, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 1364
how in the hell did the bullet just get lodged into Negan's bat?...wouldn't the bat have shattered?...is this a magical baseball bat?
leebo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page