"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 385 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3960Likes

Old 03-07-2017, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycarole View Post
as for negan's leans, something about them are sexy as hell. for that matter, everything about him is sexy as hell. except maybe his little thing for sadistic torment and killing.
Lol, a girl on the boards, a rarity, Welcome kittycarole. Interesting observations, though I am unable to quite see it from your perspective. What I would find sexy, is a slo-mo of a 50 caliber round piercing his forehead and the hambone Negan character forever put to rest.
mike1812, Tack and slowbiscuit like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Liked: 2042
Young love, so touching, especially when shared over a wide selection of MRE's ..

On a side rant, when I served, back in the late 1960's early 1970's, we had Real Man C Rations .. each came with a pack of 5 cigarettes and a limited and questionable selection of "other" .. the smokes were so dry from age, they would practically ignite like a fuse when lit .. no "Chili with Mac and Cheese" back in the day, no Sir .. the short straw got you spaghetti {{shudder}} .. of course, if I recall correctly, they were dated in the 1940's ..

Sorry, just could not think of anything else to say about this forgettable episode ..
aaronwt, shivaji and djb61230 like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 03-08-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 160
A few questions.

In the novels, is there ever any indication of this Negan lean? If not, has it been mentioned anywhere why he decided to do this on the show?

Do they ever mention what Negan did as a profession before the fall? Curious as to what his former life was and how he became who he is today.

As far as the Garbage Pail Gang goes, are they in the novels? If so, is it mentioned why they talk the way they do? Like others have said in this thread, it makes no sense in the fact that enough time has not passed to totally devolve like that.

Last edited by Tom Imp; 03-07-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I heard the Garage Pail Kids were not in the comics.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
A few questions.

In the novels, is there ever any indication of this Negan lean? If not, has it been mentioned anywhere why he decided to do this on the show?

Do they ever mention what Negan did as a profession before the fall? Curious as to what his former life was and how he became who he is today.

As far as the Garbage Pail Gang goes, are they in the novels? If so, is it mentioned why they talk the way they do? Like others have said in this thread, it makes no sense in the fact that enough time has not passed to totally devolve like that.
In the comics, the "lean" is pretty much incorporated artistically by "angle of panel"

There is a backstory done outside the regular comic series .. if you care to check into it ::

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wal...ry-here-it-is/

Jadis and company are new to the Walking Dead Universe ..
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 193
it gets harder and harder each week to not just fast forward through a lot of it.

The deer cgi was just laughable. If you're going to do it that poorly then don't bother at all.
A.Bell and Ericglo like this.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 3598
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
it gets harder and harder each week to not just fast forward through a lot of it.

The deer cgi was just laughable. If you're going to do it that poorly then don't bother at all.

Laughable? I thought it was fantastic. Fine work really.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1404 Post(s)
Liked: 1067
Quote:

There's no excuse whatsoever. They have the means, Shiva looks great.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
Now THAT was a groan-worthy episode. I actually felt myself getting pissed off watching the stupidity of of Rick and Michonne, during their "how 'bout another day" at the army base slash carnival. I don't know how much more I can take of the garbage pail clan. I hope their storyline is a short one.
I hated it. I get tired of them coming up with new ways to get into danger. Last weeks episode was much more entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post
I know it's a television show and the budget is limited, but the CGI is pretty laughable.

That was pathetic. I am going to ask my best friend about it. My guess is he could have animated that a thousand times better in about twenty minutes.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
Old 03-08-2017, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Yeah, no garbage dump people in the comics, also no Oceanside. Also Negan didn't take their guns in the comics, which is I guess why these new scenarios were created for the show.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Young love, so touching, especially when shared over a wide selection of MRE's ..

On a side rant, when I served, back in the late 1960's early 1970's, we had Real Man Sea Rations .. each came with a pack of 5 cigarettes and a limited and questionable selection of "other" .. the smokes were so dry from age, they would practically ignite like a fuse when lit .. no "Chili with Mac and Cheese" back in the day, no Sir .. the short straw got you spaghetti {{shudder}} .. of course, if I recall correctly, they were dated in the 1940's ..

Sorry, just could not think of anything else to say about this forgettable episode ..
Minor correction based on my own Reserve experience in the 70s: "C Rations" not "Sea".

They replaced the old "K Rations" that my dad ate in WWII.
aaronwt likes this.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1

Last edited by MrEmoto; 03-08-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked: 831
I talked to my friend last night before he left work. He and his coworkers thought they quickly composited the scene with an image from another show. The only reason they could come up with is that it was a last minute decision with no time to work on it.

He said Stargate does TWD's animation, so it doesn't make sense that it would be this bad. When I pressed him on how long it would take him to do the shot properly, he said around an afternoon.

My latest theory is that the producers probably don't care and think we should be happy with whatever they give us.
aaronwt likes this.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
Old 03-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Minor correction based on my own Reserve experience in the 70s: "C Rations" nor "Sea".

Yes .. believe it or not, last night as I was watching TV, I thought "Why did I say Sea instead of C .. ??" .. old age strikes again, edited this AM ..
aaronwt and MrEmoto like this.

Uncle Willie

Old 03-08-2017, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Yes .. believe it or not, last night as I was watching TV, I thought "Why did I say Sea instead of C .. ??" .. old age strikes again, edited this AM ..
LOL. Yeah, we all have this problem.
aaronwt likes this.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Old 03-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 3489 Post(s)
Liked: 3454
The guy who played the doomed Savior doctor (last seen with his bottom half hanging out of the incinerator ) is an acquaintance of mine, a local dude named Tim Parati. His day job is production designer for The Children's Theater here in Charlotte, but he moonlights as a character actor in television and the movies. Last time I spoke about Tim on AVS was when he played a Virginia representive to the Continental Congress in HBO's 'John Adams'. His acting workload is a bit lighter now that NC's Hollywood-hating legislature has ended the film industry tax credit program that brought so many TV and movie productions to the state. Thought he did a good job on TWD; nice death scene (he's had his share of 'em ). Here's Tim:

JoeTiVo, aaronwt, shivaji and 4 others like this.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked: 3214
Quote:

Yes. i usually watch TWD on the night it airs. But I only got halfway through it. And didn't even finish watching until last night. Which for me is a rarity.
Ericglo likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 03-08-2017, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
I talked to my friend last night before he left work. He and his coworkers thought they quickly composited the scene with an image from another show. The only reason they could come up with is that it was a last minute decision with no time to work on it.

He said Stargate does TWD's animation, so it doesn't make sense that it would be this bad. When I pressed him on how long it would take him to do the shot properly, he said around an afternoon.

My latest theory is that the producers probably don't care and think we should be happy with whatever they give us.
Then they should not have used it. To me it's an indication of the lowering of quality standards for this show.
Ericglo likes this.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Minor correction based on my own Reserve experience in the 70s: "C Rations" not "Sea".

I don't know when C officially replaced K. During my 1955-58 Army stint it was C rations.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I don't know when C officially replaced K. During my 1955-58 Army stint it was C rations.

It didn't. C and K were concurrent for an amount of time. There's also D, Jungle, 5 in 1, 10 in 1, etc. Depended on caloric content and vitamin and acidic content. My good friend in the late 70's had a source for them and we always called them C-Rats. Of course we opened them with a "P-52". All I know is that they were delicious. And quite filling. Also Spam.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Stone View Post
Yeah, no garbage dump people in the comics, also no Oceanside. Also Negan didn't take their guns in the comics, which is I guess why these new scenarios were created for the show.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Incorrect. Oceanside IS in the comics. I don't want to spoil anything in case they do the same thing in the show but they are not prominent in the comics but they are mentioned, and multiple things happen with Oceanside throughout the later parts of the comic book series. It is only mentioned (and mentioned by name), in the comic book series they have never shown Oceanside, they just talk about it, particularly around Michonne.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 289
I wonder if the garbage pail kids were all in an institution and the highest functioning one just naturally became the leader. I mean they are very anti social and appear to lack basic social skills. Jadis was even willing to give up guns for a cat statue. Perhaps when the world went to poop they just walked out and stayed together.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

Old 03-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
I wonder if the garbage pail kids were all in an institution and the highest functioning one just naturally became the leader. I mean they are very anti social and appear to lack basic social skills. Jadis was even willing to give up guns for a cat statue. Perhaps when the world went to poop they just walked out and stayed together.
Or it's all just a ruse and they are actually high level Government Officials hiding beneath the trash and rubble in a secret bunker ..

Uncle Willie

Old 03-09-2017, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Or it's all just a ruse and they are actually high level Government Officials hiding beneath the trash and rubble in a secret bunker ..
True it could just all be an act. I would think that at some point the show will explain why they act and speak the way they do.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
True it could just all be an act. I would think that at some point the show will explain why they act and speak the way they do.
Who knows .. what I do know is, Jadis needs to scrounge around for some hair dye ..

Uncle Willie

Old 03-09-2017, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Who knows .. what I do know is, Jadis needs to scrounge around for some hair dye ..
Yup, worlds gone to poop, but she can still get that Vulcan hairdo colored blonde around the back. Ah the heck with guns give me my cat statue and some hair dye and I'm good.
Tack and gprace like this.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:
I would think that at some point the show will explain why they act and speak the way they do.
Then you haven't watched this show at all.
aaronwt, mike1812, Sonyad and 1 others like this.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Then you haven't watched this show at all.
Yeah you're probably right. Even Rick and his people haven't said anything about how the garbage pail kids talk and act. Not even an "hey what the hell is wrong with these people?". Rcks just just saying things like "we have a deal" and acting like there's nothing unusual about them.
Tack likes this.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah you're probably right. Even Rick and his people haven't said anything about how the garbage pail kids talk and act. Not even an "hey what the hell is wrong with these people?". Rcks just just saying things like "we have a deal" and acting like there's nothing unusual about them.

Rick's just too much of a gentleman to make a big deal out of it. Now, if Shane was still here, they'd get an earful and more.

" 'Mask you sumpin!... Why. in. holy. hell. do you all talk like some kinda freakazoid?? It 'aint right... Just 'aint right, Rick. Let's shoot 'em all right NOW Rick. Come ON!"

What does Shane get? Shane gets Results!

mike1812 and shivaji like this.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Seems like Eugene would fit right in with the Garbage Pail Kids.
thehun and leebo like this.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1226 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Only thing more ridiculous than them killing the kid over one melon is that the Saviors came out all that way for 12 melons in the first place.

With all those men with trigger fingers.

Then they came back the next day for one melon.

And why was the Saviors leader pissed that the kid died? He told his ******* underling to shoot someone.

But yeah this episode was about Morgan and Carol coming on board for the coming war.

Shocking!

Don't they always come around eventually to become killing machines again?
taxman48 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows
Gear in this thread