"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 389 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3962Likes

post #11641 of 11662 Old 03-21-2017, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked: 2045
Regardless of my past gripes about this season, I have to admit I liked the last episode .. having the "girls" get out and actually try and do something, at their own peril, was nice ..

The talk here about training folks for "taking a knife to a gunfight" .. well, hand to hand combat is a good first step, and I was under the impression these folks had to start somewhere, I thought fire arms were pretty scarce these days .. it's been at least 50 years since I went through Basic Training, but I'm pretty sure that's where we started ..

I do think, however, the shot should have been taken .. Mark Wahlberg would have ..

If Sasha ends up on the outs, I'll miss her ..
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11642 of 11662 Old 03-21-2017, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
They were always going to have these "character" episodes because they were always going to have Negan be more than a one-season villain.

It's the same shtick that Lindelof and other Lost producers were pulling, to pad out seasons until they reached their target. So a lot of backstories over and over again.

If they decided to go to all-out war right away, instead of having each character deliberate on whether they're going to fight -- like they have a choice -- they could dispatch the Saviors story in a few episodes.

But they want to milk it so that is why we have this mess.

When they finally defeat Negan and the Saviors, what's the next villain, El Presidente?
Wash, rinse and repeat.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #11643 of 11662 Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
the girls sniper team obviously have never watched a movie based on snipers or read the account of Carlos Hathcock or a Steven Hunter novel who brought us Bob Lee Swagger. If they had, they would discover that snipers as a rule, wait for the target and for the shot how ever long it takes, and then live for another day. They don't give up after the first failed opportunity and bum rush the bad guy. Chicks, often so impulsive, just rushing in without a plan. Can't see that going well.

That and if Miguel Bain leaves his post because things are taking too long, Robert Rath's lookout Electra might sneak in and steal Bain's weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
After last season's finale fiasco, my fear is that we're not going to see the conclusion of this season's finale until next season.

We see Negan, then someone takes a shot, and then fade to black for 6 months.
curtlots and Ericglo like this.

post #11644 of 11662 Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked: 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
We see Negan, then someone takes a shot, and then fade to black for 6 months.
Maybe not a bad guess on that .. I'll say, we see Negan in the cross hairs, shot taken, fade .. then Chris Hardwick comes on and it's "Wow, this may be the best season finale ever, we want to hear what you have to say, and tonight, our guests are the One And Only, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, etc etc etc ..
curtlots likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #11645 of 11662 Old 03-22-2017, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 1301 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I'm not sure they promised to turn down the violence. I thought they essentially said they were aware that many fans were offended by the violence in that first episode. I do agree that going from that to this latest episode (and others, like the garbage people) is frustrating.

At least it hasn't deteriorated to the level of a CBS show... Yet.
Yes, you can find it on the Internet. Gale Ann Hurd specifically said they are aware of the criticism that the show was to violent and she said in the later episodes they would address this and turn down the violence. She went on to say that most of the episodes were done so it would not be until the last part of the season.

post #11646 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 193
I am actively rooting for Eugene to die next week. Him and Gregory. So is Gregory going to meet with Negan?
post #11647 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4696 Post(s)
Liked: 11052
Gregory cracks me up. "If I want greenery I'll eat a salad."

post #11648 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Well Gregory needs to do something about Maggie. The Help me I can't kill a walker on my own embarrassed the crap out of him. Especially when she said its his first and it's OK he's learnin and the crowd answers thats not what he told us

Looks like Eugene spilled the beans about the plans, at least as much as he knew. Still hoping for some redemption on his part. i do like his comic relief.
post #11649 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Well Gregory needs to do something about Maggie. The Help me I can't kill a walker on my own embarrassed the crap out of him. Especially when she said its his first and it's OK he's learnin and the crowd answers thats not what he told us

Looks like Eugene spilled the beans about the plans, at least as much as he knew. Still hoping for some redemption on his part. i do like his comic relief.
Seems too easy that it's Eugene who is the little bird talking to Negan but maybe it is that simple.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #11650 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Eugene doesn't know anything about Rick's plan.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #11651 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 05:24 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 5404 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
Seems too easy that it's Eugene who is the little bird talking to Negan but maybe it is that simple.
I figured it was the person they showed in the shadows before. It's definitely not Eugene.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #11652 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 846
This show is trying hard to jump 24 in the standings of which show I want the antagonist to win. Rick the p$%$k does it again. He takes the women's guns, but the good guy that he is he doesn't harm them in the process. I love how they bring in the walkers to show what a good guy rick is.

I doubt they will finish the Negan storyline next week, which means I have to go another season to get this to completion.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
post #11653 of 11662 Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
I love how they bring in the walkers to show what a good guy rick is.
Although they had the dramatic music playing, the walkers hardly seemed like much of a threat. The walkers are all shriveled up and some of them don't even look like people. Walkers are more like snakes in the grass now or jellyfish in the shallows. They are only a danger if you don't see them or they're new like raping davey.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #11654 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Yes, you can find it on the Internet. Gale Ann Hurd specifically said they are aware of the criticism that the show was to violent and she said in the later episodes they would address this and turn down the violence. She went on to say that most of the episodes were done so it would not be until the last part of the season.
I also read that. Then I read that the show runner said that was false. I don't pay much attention to any of them anymore. They're just trying to keep people watching.
post #11655 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
This show is trying hard to jump 24 in the standings of which show I want the antagonist to win. Rick the p$%$k does it again. He takes the women's guns, but the good guy that he is he doesn't harm them in the process. I love how they bring in the walkers to show what a good guy rick is.

I doubt they will finish the Negan storyline next week, which means I have to go another season to get this to completion.
I didn't take it that way. I think that was meant to show that the two groups can work effectively together. I think some or most of the women will join the fight. I still think they can't win without explosives.

I think Gregory will double cross them.
post #11656 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:

I don't see it this way at all. I am no fan of the show this year, but this week's episode was better IMO. Rick has had to make so many tough decisions over the years - decisions where each choice involves some sacrifice or loss (or potential loss). This is another of those. If he doesn't get enough people/guns, in his opinion (and mine) Negan will eventually kill them or make life so bad that they won't want to go on. If they do take the guns, and this group won't join them, they leave them without protection. In this case I would say he made the right choice by taking the Deliverance chicks' guns. I think Rick tried to retain some of his humanity while living in the new crazy world. Sometimes it involves not "harming " the women as you put it. Good for him. His "goodness" comes and goes as the seasons wear on, but that part seems realistic to me overall if I were to imagine myself placed in constant danger over an extended time from people and zombies, all while having the burden of trying to lead people to some sort of safety...

Quote:
I didn't take it that way. I think that was meant to show that the two groups can work effectively together. I think some or most of the women will join the fight. I still think they can't win without explosives.

I think Gregory will double cross them.
I tend to agree with this ..
post #11657 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 681
Not following why none of the women wanted to go with Rick's group straight away even though a few said they wanted to. Yeah, they'll probably show up just in time next week to help in the fight.

Anyone really believe that Negan is going to die next week? I don't.

As bad as Negan is he's just barely above Gregory on the 'must die a horrible death' list.
post #11658 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 1301 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
Quote:
I also read that. Then I read that the show runner said that was false. I don't pay much attention to any of them anymore. They're just trying to keep people watching.
Then they had one hell of a coincidence because that is exactly how it played out.

post #11659 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
I don't see it this way at all. I am no fan of the show this year, but this week's episode was better IMO. Rick has had to make so many tough decisions over the years - decisions where each choice involves some sacrifice or loss (or potential loss). This is another of those. If he doesn't get enough people/guns, in his opinion (and mine) Negan will eventually kill them or make life so bad that they won't want to go on. If they do take the guns, and this group won't join them, they leave them without protection. In this case I would say he made the right choice by taking the Deliverance chicks' guns. I think Rick tried to retain some of his humanity while living in the new crazy world. Sometimes it involves not "harming " the women as you put it. Good for him. His "goodness" comes and goes as the seasons wear on, but that part seems realistic to me overall if I were to imagine myself placed in constant danger over an extended time from people and zombies, all while having the burden of trying to lead people to some sort of safety...

It would be a great twist if after the war with Negan and the Survivors, they return to Oceanside with the guns only to find they're all dead or zombies because they couldn't defend themselves.
aaronwt likes this.
post #11660 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
It would be a great twist if after the war with Negan and the Survivors, they return to Oceanside with the guns only to find they're all dead or zombies because they couldn't defend themselves.
True, that would be another example of the cost of one of his decisions.
post #11661 of 11662 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 5404 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Although they had the dramatic music playing, the walkers hardly seemed like much of a threat. The walkers are all shriveled up and some of them don't even look like people. Walkers are more like snakes in the grass now or jellyfish in the shallows. They are only a danger if you don't see them or they're new like raping davey.
the walkers came from the ship that had washed ashore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
astrofool likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #11662 of 11662 Old Today, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Not following why none of the women wanted to go with Rick's group straight away even though a few said they wanted to. Yeah, they'll probably show up just in time next week to help in the fight.

Anyone really believe that Negan is going to die next week? I don't.

As bad as Negan is he's just barely above Gregory on the 'must die a horrible death' list.
I don't see Negan dying next week either. Not a chance. They really haven't event touched on his story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows
Gear in this thread