post #1651 of 6212 Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Lori is not going after Hershel...she's going after Rick. At least I think that is her motivation.

You're right. I got thrown off by her asking Daryl to go get herschel, but rewatching its pretty clear that after what Dale told her she wants Rick back as soon as possible. In fact the episode played a whole lot better for me 2nd time through. Have to remember that

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Did I miss something or was Hershel's mode of getting to town omitted? He was at home one scene and at the bar in town the next.
post #1653 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Maybe he hitch hiked with a Zombie... he did give up on a cure you know.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #1654 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACINTN View Post

Did I miss something or was Hershel's mode of getting to town omitted? He was at home one scene and at the bar in town the next.

I'm pretty sure during their conversation with the two strangers they were asked if those were their "cars" outside, and that they didn't look "lived in."
post #1655 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I think Vip's point is everyone there would have heard Hershel start up the car to drive away from the farm. I agree that's a big hole by the writers there just to bring in more drama as to where he might be. There's no way that nobody on that farm saw/heard him drive away.
post #1656 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

You're right. I got thrown off by her asking Daryl to go get herschel, but rewatching its pretty clear that after what Dale told her she wants Rick back as soon as possible. In fact the episode played a whole lot better for me 2nd time through. Have to remember that

Whether Rick or Herschel, the decision was just as crazy.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1657 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

I think Vip's point is everyone there would have heard Hershel start up the car to drive away from the farm. I agree that's a big hole by the writers there just to bring in more drama as to where he might be. There's no way that nobody on that farm saw/heard him drive away.

Did we know that he drove there and didn't take a horse?

When watching it I figured that he took a horse. Since in the past, every time they went into town they rode a horse. I think this was the first time they showed anyone going into town using a vehicle.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1658 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Ugh, the sooner Lori gets bit the better - hopefully the zombie she hit will crawl over and do the deed, but I doubt it. That was incredibly lame writing.

Sure looks like an 'us vs. them' theme starting up for the second half, based on the bar shootout.
post #1659 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I bet this will get to "our group Vs. your group" war..

Like there are that many people alive to be killing each other.. they should be combining forces to erradicate the zombies..

Clearly the intention of those guys was very dark, too many questions asked, they should just shut up and follow them...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1660 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

It also had undertones of one of the main themes of the show that seems to be developing. Namely, that its a small step from killing zombies to killing each other if the situation demands it.We now know Rick is capable of sudden violence as much as Shane, setting up the hopefully final confrontation between the two. So the episode ended on a good note, it just took a long and awkward path to get there.

This was the only redeeming part of the episode. You could see it in Glenn's eyes - the realization that they'd crossed a boundary between justified killing (of walkers) vs. killing other healthy humans just for the sake of protecting the tribe and resources.

Doug
post #1661 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

This was the only redeeming part of the episode. You could see it in Glenn's eyes - the realization that they'd crossed a boundary between justified killing (of walkers) vs. killing other healthy humans just for the sake of protecting the tribe and resources.

Doug

The gunfight was initiated by the newcomers .. their death was certainly "Justified" ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1662 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Sure looks like an 'us vs. them' theme starting up for the second half, based on the bar shootout.

Dead has now become Falling Skies with zombies. Although I would say Skies actually has better dialog but that's faint praise. At least the makeup FX on Dead are superior.

post #1663 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

Doug

Was that really all it was? Don't forget, the one guy attempted to draw down on Rick. The other guy was pissing on the floor and was likely intending to shoot Rick in the back. These guys were the definition of anti-social. They likely would make Shane look like a teddy bear.

Despite civilization being gone and the law being non-existant, they did this in the presence of someone they knew was a cop. Even the comment about where the guy got his gun was fishy, despite the backpeddle about him "already being dead". The guy said he got the gun off a dead cop - not some dead guy - not just found it - he got it off a dead cop, like it was some source of pride. When Rick tells him he's a cop, the guy laughs it off, but Rick knows what's up.

These guys intended to take Rick out so they could force the other two to take them back to the farm. Who knows what they would have done there.

Rick did exactly what he had to do, not only for his own safety and survival, but that of the others in the group. Had those two guys walked out of the place (even if they intended to follow the trio back to the farm), Rick would have let them and dealt with them later if necessary.

This wasn't shooting people to keep them away from the secret fort. This was defending yourself from being killed by what likely could be described as "road pirates".
post #1664 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 74
They also intended to find woman to get their "needs" satisfied, he was pretty sure if they get to the farm the first thing they'll do is try to rape the women there..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1665 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Yeah when the big guy made a derogatory comment about getting some, you could see Grimes radar really perk up at that point.
post #1666 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Was that really all it was? Don't forget, the one guy attempted to draw down on Rick. The other guy was pissing on the floor and was likely intending to shoot Rick in the back. These guys were the definition of anti-social. They likely would make Shane look like a teddy bear.

Despite civilization being gone and the law being non-existant, they did this in the presence of someone they knew was a cop. Even the comment about where the guy got his gun was fishy, despite the backpeddle about him "already being dead". The guy said he got the gun off a dead cop - not some dead guy - not just found it - he got it off a dead cop, like it was some source of pride. When Rick tells him he's a cop, the guy laughs it off, but Rick knows what's up.

These guys intended to take Rick out so they could force the other two to take them back to the farm. Who knows what they would have done there.

Rick did exactly what he had to do, not only for his own safety and survival, but that of the others in the group. Had those two guys walked out of the place (even if they intended to follow the trio back to the farm), Rick would have let them and dealt with them later if necessary.

This wasn't shooting people to keep them away from the secret fort. This was defending yourself from being killed by what likely could be described as "road pirates".

totally agree-Rick did what he had to. I flashed back to his speech about how everyone has changed since the zombies came and how they were less than they were before because of what they have been forced to do...it also reminded me of Clint's explaination in Unforgiven as to why he always wins in a gunfight. Rick is clearly a decent man, still trying to cling to some sort of "normal" morality, for his son's sake if nothing else. Unlike Raylon, he doesn't want to be a gunslinger. But if the situation demands it he accepts the role without hesitation, even to the point of making sure those he kills dont come back. I'm assuming the third shot at the fat guy was a head shot.

post #1667 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 562
And Rick is certainly a fast draw ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1668 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I agree w/ everything you've said. My point was that it was a bitter revelation to the naive Glenn that their circumstances have changed. Perhaps I didn't express that clearly enough in my previous post.

Doug
post #1669 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Glenn was clearly shocked, but there was a bit of awe on his face at how capably Rick handled the situation. No question now who Glenn thinks of as his leader. Hmmm, shock and awe...where have I heard that before..

post #1670 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:

Glenn was clearly shocked, but there was a bit of awe on his face at how capably Rick handled the situation. No question now who Glenn thinks of as his leader. Hmmm, shock and awe...where have I heard that before..

Very refreshing to see Rick finally shown in a good light, if that is the word for it. He has always turned a cheek or did the civilised thing not wanting to step on toes or give in to the barbarity of the situation. Here, it was fun to see him act like a cop - as well as judge, jury and executioner...

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #1671 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Very refreshing to see Rick finally shown in a good light, if that is the word for it. He has always turned a cheek or did the civilised thing not wanting to step on toes or give in to the barbarity of the situation. Here, it was fun to see him act like a cop - as well as judge, jury and executioner...

That scene was one of the better written and played scenes thus far this season. (not saying much)

Rick spotted those guys as criminals as soon as they walked in. The whole scene he was plotting his moves for when hell broke loose. He knew it was going to end in blood. I thought he might do it sooner.
post #1672 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 84
He probably wouldve even drank his milkshake.

post #1673 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I also hope that Lori gets bitten and shot.. Anyone remember "Prison Break"?. She played an annoying role on that show also.. Maybe the crash sets up the loss of the baby but the dr. is still needed for the sick.

post #1674 of 6212 Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Like there are that many people alive to be killing each other.. they should be combining forces to erradicate the zombies..

You'd really want to have a Merle Dixon (Micheal Rooker) in ur group? You really think the gangsters, douches, ass holes, etc. are gonna stop being those just because the world is ending and join forces to survive? This is 2012, everyone for themselves... respect and courtesy for others? HA... let me know when you come back to reality. Sadly, I think I'd rather shoot myself than stick around for these groups to get me killed if I had to stick around with them...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #1675 of 6212 Old 02-16-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I think the 2 guys in the bar were scouts for The Governor, who turns out to be Merle.

**book reference**
post #1676 of 6212 Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
EW has a short interview the actor playing Rick. He said that this season it will be revealed what the scientist at the CDC said to him. He said he has not told anyone, even his wife, because he tries to do what the character would do.

post #1677 of 6212 Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

EW has a short interview the actor playing Rick. He said that this season it will be revealed what the scientist at the CDC said to him. He said he has not told anyone, even his wife, because he tries to do what the character would do.

I think he said shoot them in the head even if they are dead/die...because after 2 bullets to the chest to the fat guy Rick still put one in his head when he was dead on the ground
post #1678 of 6212 Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

I think he said shoot them in the head even if they are dead/die...because after 2 bullets to the chest to the fat guy Rick still put one in his head when he was dead on the ground

Actually, I think he said, "there's this guy named Hershel...he thinks he has a cure..."
post #1679 of 6212 Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Actually he siad: "Your wife is an idiot."

post #1680 of 6212 Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 156
What's funny about that is that it was way out of character for her - she's been struggling with Carl, Rick, and Shane all along but was never as bat-**** crazy as when she went on that run.

Well ok, there was the pill incident too, but I was willing to give a pass for that one.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page