'Smallville: The Final Season' on The CW HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 588 Old 12-11-2010, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
That was one of Smallville's best episodes.

A long wait till the next episode - January 28th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 588 Old 12-11-2010, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I thought Hawkman was immortal??????????????

post #273 of 588 Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I thought Hawkman was immortal??????????????

He and Sheyera are constantly being reincarnated, but the have to die before they are reborn.

Rocky
post #274 of 588 Old 12-11-2010, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaronis View Post

Well Hell. It's too bad they killed off Hawkman. But I really just have one main question at this point in time...WHERE IS MARTIAN MAN HUNTER??? HELLO WRITERS? I mean if anyone can help Clark and the team stop the evil, its Martian Man Hunter, yet he is nowhere to be found. Unreal.

And what happened at the end when they were having the vigil or what not for Hawkman? Everyone goes unconsious?

Anyways, the show could really use Jon Jones in my opinion.

his body double was there for the funeral in the back.... as were the body doubles for the flash, aquaman, cyborg, and i think zatanna (there was a 3rd female there in the back...)

Man i hate how the show has resorted to using body doubles... they did it with Lionel a few weeks ago (only to bring him back a week or 2 later)

Did Black Canary even have a line? or did she get used instead of a body double (and randomly gave her face time on a screen in watchtower) because she films SGU nearby...
post #275 of 588 Old 12-11-2010, 10:04 PM

Just caught up on episodes. Clark used the key to send General Slade/Darkseid minion where, exactly? Not the phantom zone? His Kryptonian key lets him teleport to the Fortress but also sends baddies to lockdown as the script needs it?

PilotAce
post #276 of 588 Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 AM

Liked: 17
So Saul Tigh v2 beat Hawkman in a fight ? Well, that was expected, obviously, because no one can beat Saul Tigh in a sword fight. This show keeps getting better and better.

In the next installment, Saul Tigh v2 will convince Dr Hamilton that he is actually lieutenant Giata ! Goddsssdammittts....
post #277 of 588 Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Aro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

Did Black Canary even have a line? or did she get used instead of a body double (and randomly gave her face time on a screen in watchtower) because she films SGU nearby...

She said a couple lines over the monitor before Clark turned the power off, but that was it. SAG rates must be cheaper if the actor doesn't have lines on set.

It's really too bad this show has zero budget. I can only hope they're saving what little money they have for a spectacular finale, where they can bring back everyone at once.
post #278 of 588 Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

So Saul Tigh v2 beat Hawkman in a fight ? Well, that was expected, obviously, because no one can beat Saul Tigh in a sword fight. This show keeps getting better and better.

In the next installment, Saul Tigh v2 will convince Dr Hamilton that he is actually lieutenant Giata ! Goddsssdammittts....

it was Saul Tigh v2 vs Super Daniel Jackson....

everyone's SciFi nightmare........
post #279 of 588 Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Frakkin' skin-jobbers are everywhere..

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #280 of 588 Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 AM

Liked: 17
And that's another thing. How on earth does Saul Tigh survive a frakking explosion ? And why oh why is his eye the only thing which was damaged in the explosion ? I don't know about you, but the explosion should have blown him (and any other human) apart into tiny pieces.

Aaaaarrggg.....frakk......
post #281 of 588 Old 12-13-2010, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Okay, what just happened? That episode was spastic. Started with a proposal. Somewhere in the middle we actually got a good 30 seconds worth of superhero fighting! Then the requisite fall finale death. Very sad. And then shiny pyramid toy thing? I was thoroughly confused by this episode. Didn't feel cohesive.

And all these silly names are getting on my nerves. The Darkness? The Blur? Come on already!

Okay, sorry to be so negative. It was just a weird one for me this week.
post #282 of 588 Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Okay, what just happened? That episode was spastic. Started with a proposal. Somewhere in the middle we actually got a good 30 seconds worth of superhero fighting! Then the requisite fall finale death. Very sad. And then shiny pyramid toy thing? I was thoroughly confused by this episode. Didn't feel cohesive.

And all these silly names are getting on my nerves. The Darkness? The Blur? Come on already!

Okay, sorry to be so negative. It was just a weird one for me this week.

I thought the episode was in line with the general flow that they started a long time ago. The Darkness (Saul) showed he is not human when he was in his fight scene and we saw his forehead heal when he was cut.

The names are in keeping with what they see. Jimmy Olsen named Clark the Blur because that was all he saw; a "blurry" image when he photograhed Clark in one of his rescue missions. They don't have a fancy name for the "Darkness". They just call it as they see it. What would you call it when all you see is a dark image?

Do you expect to have answers every time something appears? They are trying to create some intrigue with the pyramid rising and causing them to pass out. It should make you want to see what happened.

Oh, BTW, I'm glad Clark proposed to Lois. I always wondered what life would be like for Lois to have a super hero coming home to dinner every night. She already has a taste with Hawkman having to save her life and Clark feeling guilty that he wasn't there to save her. They should make a great team.
post #283 of 588 Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 PM

I thought part of Clark's inner darkness / turmoil was the guilt he felt about his past, not being able to save the people he cared about, and doubting whether or not he could become a savior. Having Lois around as a wife to make him feel guilty about not being able to save her from harm is probably the best thing Darkseid could have hoped for.

PilotAce
post #284 of 588 Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotAce View Post
Just caught up on episodes. Clark used the key to send General Slade/Darkseid minion where, exactly? Not the phantom zone? His Kryptonian key lets him teleport to the Fortress but also sends baddies to lockdown as the script needs it?
He and Supergirl have used it many times to send people/creatures to the prision. I believe it is the phantom zone.

post #285 of 588 Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

He and Supergirl have used it many times to send people/creatures to the prision. I believe it is the phantom zone.

Yes I also believe that is the phantom zone.
post #286 of 588 Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 161
TV Notes
Return Of CW's 'Smallville' And Supernatural' Pushed By A Week
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - January 27th, 2011

The CW Friday sci-fi dramas Smallville and Supernatural won't return from a winter hiatus tomorrow night as scheduled.

In a last-minute move, the network is delaying the shows' midseason premiere to next Friday to give tonight's winter debuts of The Vampire Diaries and Nikita extra sampling with encores on Friday as they will face Fox's American Idol for the first time. Additionally, there are CW preemptions in several markets tonight.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/retu...hed-by-a-week/
post #287 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
OT: What does everyone think of the Superman casting in Zac Snyder's upcoming film?

http://www.slashfilm.com/henry-cavill-cast-superman/
post #288 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 AM

A little bummed that Welling doesn't seem to be getting a fair shake for the role. Either he's too successful in the Smallville role and they're scared of a Smallville movie, or if he was really bad at it, they wouldn't consider him either. In all situations it seems like he won't get a shot.
If the movie is good, Cavill is a lock. If it's bad, there won't be another movie for 15 years.

PilotAce
post #289 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 AM

Liked: 16
He's a good actor... something that was missing after Chris Reeve... this is great news!!!!
post #290 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Having never watched "The Tudors," I really have no opinion of Henry Cavill, which I guess is good. The role of Superman has long been a bit of a star-maker, often being cast with unknowns, or at least, not-very-well knowns, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Other sites are filled with folks griping about casting a Brit, but that's not really a problem for me, as long as he can do an American accent. As far as Welling not being considered, I can't say I ever expected he would be. As cool as it would be to up the budget and get a big screen continuation of the Smallville universe, I knew from the moment Christopher Nolan came on board that there was no chance of that, and Tom Welling would have too much "Smallville" baggage for the role, even if they did cast him but start with a new continuity. Same with Brandon Routh, who also has supporters online. Nolan and Snyder are going to do their best to make this Superman not resemble any version of the character before. My biggest question about the film has less to do with the actor, and more to do with the look. I was watching the trailer for Snyder's upcoming "Sucker Punch" yesterday, and like "300" it has an extremely stylized look to the world, were Nolan's Batman movies had a real-world look to them, so I'm curious which way that's going to go. I do find it interesting that Cavill is 5 years younger than Tom Welling though.

Rocky
post #291 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

What is this new Superman supposed to be about?

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #292 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

What is this new Superman supposed to be about?

It's about a guy, who is really an alien orphaned on earth as a baby.
Here the yellow sun gives him super powers, & he fights crime as "Superman", while his alter ego tries to live a normal human life.
post #293 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

It's about a guy, who is really an alien orphaned on earth as a baby.
Here the yellow sun gives him super powers, & he fights crime as "Superman", while his alter ego tries to live a normal human life.

That would never work.
post #294 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
post #295 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe I shoulda been more specific...what is this one going to be about that is different than the others that have been made? It is going to re-hash the same beginning?

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #296 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

Maybe I shoulda been more specific...what is this one going to be about that is different than the others that have been made? It is going to re-hash the same beginning?

Actually, MeatChicken was right, his answer sums up what we really know about the project at this point. The only thing we know about that's going to set this thing apart is the filmmakers, a kind of surprising combination of two filmmakers who are both visionary, but very different. Of course, Zack Snyder is directing, and Christopher Nolan only producing, but I expect Nolan's fingerprints to be all over it.

Rocky
post #297 of 588 Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Just give us an adversary worthy of Superman. I'm tired of the 'steal from little old ladies and surround yourself with buffoons' version of Lex the movies always seem to do. Personally, I have nothing against using Lex as the adversary, but I want him to be tough, powerful, and more than a little scary. Oh, and he better have some damn cool, futuristic weapons. Better yet, they should just set the movie about fifty years in the future.

And please, don't waste a third of the movie with a 15 year old Clark flying around Smallville. Been there, done that. Been there, done that. Been there, done that. . . . . . . Just jump into the real story guys!

Duane
post #298 of 588 Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Just a heads up. I checked to make sure my season pass of Supernatural and Smallville were going to record Friday's episodes, and they weren't! Both Supernatural and Smallville are airing the new episodes that they were going to air last Friday, before they were replaced at the last second, with Nikita and Vampire Diaries. But both shows are incorrectly labeled as repeats, so I had to manually set both shows to record. I suggest everyone else check to make sure they are set up to actually record.

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
post #299 of 588 Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks, my DVR had Friday's episode marked as a repeat also. It almost seems like the powers at CW are trying to make us miss the show.

Duane
post #300 of 588 Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
So is Chloe back for the duration? She was back in the credits...
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page