'Smallville: The Final Season' on The CW HD - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So they just brushed over the fact that Alexander's aging problem was suddenly fixed and he had no memories....

Smallville writers at it again.. major plot point turns into an afterthought..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
He's a genetic freak created from the blood of a human and an alien...isn't that enough of an explanation?

Do we really need to hear them explain it with some meaningless line of science jargon?
post #423 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Right. Clark's blood was the key ingredient that stopped his rapid aging (and apparently erased his memory). I believe Tess even stated so. Unfortunately, he's now nearly invincible. Doesn't need much more explaino' than that.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #424 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
Right. Clark's blood was the key ingredient that stopped his rapid aging (and apparently erased his memory). I believe Tess even stated so. Unfortunately, he's now nearly invincible. Doesn't need much more explaino' than that.
and when did he get clark's blood?

i thought they decided to suddenly reveal that he was actually genetically engineered part-lex and part-clark from the start...

so why now suddenly does the clark part kick in? and Tess suddenly discovered that Alexander wasn't a full lex clone until now?

c'mon......
post #425 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've missed a few eps here and there, so not certain when he actually got Clark's blood. And I don't know if it was actually shown or only suggested. But I did see the ep where Tess unsuccessfully tried to kill Alex (indicative of some super-ability), so I have to go with what they've told us.

No, these aren't the greatest writers by a long shot, but I don't have a problem with this particular aspect of the plot.

post #426 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
I've missed a few eps here and there, so not certain when he actually got Clark's blood. And I don't know if it was actually shown or only suggested. But I did see the ep where Tess unsuccessfully tried to kill Alex (indicative of some super-ability), so I have to go with what they've told us.

No, these aren't the greatest writers by a long shot, but I don't have a problem with this particular aspect of the plot.
yes they hinted the last time they showed him that he suddenly hard clark's skin.

My problem is the whole way they went about it.... piss poor writing...
post #427 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I remember the whole blood thing (vaguely) from like 5 or 6 seasons ago or something like that good to see they did something with it.

Does anyone else think conner will be flying before clark?

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #428 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I forgot to mention: didn't Conner "levitate" to the 2nd floor during his fight with Clark at the burnt-out mansion?

post #429 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Being that it is pretty much the end of the season I will return to the thread (do a super-spoiler and I will be gone once more).

Conner (Superboy) in the comics has different powers than Clark (Conner has tactile telekinis, and much of his "strength" revolves around this power. This is also how he seemingly "flies") partly because of his Human/Kryptonian hybrid origin. I understand it's easier on Joe 6-Pack to give them the same powers, but it would make sense that Conner isn't anywhere near as powerful as Clark and Kara, partly because of his age, and the fact that he's not fully Kryptonian.

I'm still hoping we see a young Bruce Wayne make an (albeit brief) appearance before the show is over.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #430 of 588 Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I'm still hoping we see a young Bruce Wayne make an (albeit brief) appearance before the show is over.

I hope so as well, what can the studio do to them now cancel the show?

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #431 of 588 Old 03-06-2011, 03:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

I hope so as well, what can the studio do to them now cancel the show?

They could:

1. Sue them.
2. Stop them from airing the episode.

It's a legal thing... it just isn't going to happen. The best reference we will get is the vague reference by Chloe.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #432 of 588 Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

You read Batman/Superman Public Enemies? They could do something like that. Have Bruce and Clark meet without naming him. They've already done stuff like that for other big DC characters like Vandal Savage.

post #433 of 588 Old 03-06-2011, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You read Batman/Superman Public Enemies? They could do something like that. Have Bruce and Clark meet without naming him. They've already done stuff like that for other big DC characters like Vandal Savage.

But...

Batman/Superman Public Enemies was licensed... and had the names of both characters right there in the title. So they had permission to put both characters together.

Also, I'd have to go back and watch... but I thought Vandal Savage was mentioned by name on Smallville. Plus, I am unaware of any way that Vandal Savage is tied to anything else licensed out.

Even though WB owns DC (or rather now Time Warner owns both of them)... DC operates as a mostly separate entity, licensing characters for development to anyone interested.

Since the Batman license is already out... that's why he is unavailable for Smallville. He was similarly unavailable for Birds of Prey... That's how they were able to have Batgirl essentially but no Batman.

It's a shame, I agree... but them's the deals that they struck...

post #434 of 588 Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

But...

Batman/Superman Public Enemies was licensed... and had the names of both characters right there in the title. So they had permission to put both characters together.

Also, I'd have to go back and watch... but I thought Vandal Savage was mentioned by name on Smallville. Plus, I am unaware of any way that Vandal Savage is tied to anything else licensed out.

Even though WB owns DC (or rather now Time Warner owns both of them)... DC operates as a mostly separate entity, licensing characters for development to anyone interested.

Since the Batman license is already out... that's why he is unavailable for Smallville. He was similarly unavailable for Birds of Prey... That's how they were able to have Batgirl essentially but no Batman.

It's a shame, I agree... but them's the deals that they struck...

As I recall (mind you I haven't seen Birds of Prey since it was first broadcast), Batman was actually in the show (the first episode) in full Batman costume, fighting the Joker (I think). What I was thinking of for Smallville though was a flashback type situation where they have a situation that occurs like in the Batman/Superman comics, where a young Clark and Pete are playing together and have a sort of "happenstance" meeting with a young boy from Gotham and his butler (without "naming names" of course). That would be one of the more awesome ways to end the series.

post #435 of 588 Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As I recall (mind you I haven't seen Birds of Prey since it was first broadcast), Batman was actually in the show (the first episode) in full Batman costume, fighting the Joker (I think). What I was thinking of for Smallville though was a flashback type situation where they have a situation that occurs like in the Batman/Superman comics, where a young Clark and Pete are playing together and have a sort of "happenstance" meeting with a young boy from Gotham and his butler (without "naming names" of course). That would be one of the more awesome ways to end the series.

I haven't seen Birds of Prey since it originally aired either... I remember some flashbacks to Batgirl in costume... but I don't remember Batman.

What you just proposed, for Smallville, could be done... that sounds reasonable. I guess I'm just not stoked for it at this point. I kind of want to see them move the plot forward and go out with Clark doing something super.

post #436 of 588 Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Unfortunately the most "super" thing I think we'll see out of Clark is this screenshot I posted from last year's finale.

post #437 of 588 Old 04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Nobody talking about last nights new episode. It was a filler episode. Best part were the commercials for the series finale.
post #438 of 588 Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

Nobody talking about last nights new episode. It was a filler episode. Best part were the commercials for the series finale.

I think next episode will be a lot of fun. I'm eager to see what Smallville's take on Booster Gold will be.

post #439 of 588 Old 04-16-2011, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The weather here was pretty funky yesterday, so I just couldn't get into it. Nevermind the fact that there's almost always pic problems whenever the show comes on anyway. The preceeding shows are always fine.

post #440 of 588 Old 04-17-2011, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

True ... still, it was good to see Schneider make one more appearance. OTOH, will we ever find out if CL turns back to the good-side? (I'm guessing, probably not.)
post #441 of 588 Old 04-17-2011, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I know I probably shouldn't post this, since it may be taken incorrectly. But-the dress that Cassidy wore in this weeks episode really caught my attention. It seemed at some points, that she was going to spill out of her dress! Whew!
post #442 of 588 Old 04-17-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 202
yes, I probably spent half the episode wondering if that busty surplus had always been there and we just hadn't been privy to it before, or, if this simply was some very well orchestrated dress support mechanism at work.

I thought the "lost 'n bitter" Jonathon buoyed by tales of his true nature and potential sort of moving. But overall, as has been the case for much of the last year or few, I was only marginally interested in what was going on. I still watch the show as much out of habit as anything else. While it still has its moments, I'll be glad when I can finally eliminate it from my Tivo season pass.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #443 of 588 Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ultraman is not a "good" character in the DCU by any means. They referred to him by that name this episode. Here's a little background info on Ultraman, and here's a really good TPB with Ultraman that they appear to be riffing off of in the last two "parallel-earth" episodes.

post #444 of 588 Old 04-18-2011, 04:29 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

I know I probably shouldn't post this, since it may be taken incorrectly. But-the dress that Cassidy wore in this weeks episode really caught my attention. It seemed at some points, that she was going to spill out of her dress! Whew!

What a pleasure it was those things bounce of of each other
post #445 of 588 Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

As far as filler episodes go... this was much better than their usual filler episodes.

Granted, it could have been missed and nothing in the season arc would be lost really... but at least it was a good episode. Their usual fillers are bad.

Meanwhile... next week looks more like filler to me... and honestly, I'm not terribly looking forward to it.

post #446 of 588 Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
As far as filler episodes go... this was much better than their usual filler episodes.

Meanwhile... next week looks more like filler to me... and honestly, I'm not terribly looking forward to it.
This week was filler for sure...but next week...well, comic book fans will probably disagree about that, considering it's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

post #447 of 588 Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 AM

Liked: 12
This episode didn't do much for me. Except for Cassidy Freeman and her you know what.
post #448 of 588 Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Well it did allow Clark to see his dad.
Ended (we hope) bad Clark.
We got to see Cassidy's you know what.
We learn even more Lois is insane :P
post #449 of 588 Old 04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

This week was filler for sure...but next week...well, comic book fans will probably disagree about that, considering it's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

Yeah... but 3 episodes from the end of the whole series that has ran 10 years... and now they introduce Booster and Beetle? And it means probably no Darkseid again... and no advancement towards being Superman.... and unlikely Booster or Beetle will factor into the finale.

That's why I'm not looking forward to it at this point.

post #450 of 588 Old 04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I think the most interesting thing of this hour of Smallville were the promos for the finale. Clark's shadow as Superman. All the nostalgic lines being replayed. The Superman theme song.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page