Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #331 of 358 Old 01-23-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Anyone catch Karen Allen from "Raiders of the Lost Arc" fame playing the mother of the murdered girl? Recognized her right away, looks good. Its been 32 years since the film..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000261/?ref_=tt_cl_i10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 358 Old 01-24-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Anyone catch Karen Allen from "Raiders of the Lost Arc" fame playing the mother of the murdered girl? Recognized her right away, looks good. Its been 32 years since the film..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000261/?ref_=tt_cl_i10
Yes, recognized her immediately.
post #333 of 358 Old 01-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
That happens all the time, see a face that looks real formilar and I find the Dtv feature that lets me see cast and crew info. It's a real setback when they turnout to be some one that you really like. THEY ARE OLD AND SO AM I.
post #334 of 358 Old 01-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Don't forget Katy from Animal House.. Her smoking pot with Donald Sutherland was classic...
post #335 of 358 Old 01-24-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post

That happens all the time, see a face that looks real formilar and I find the Dtv feature that lets me see cast and crew info. It's a real setback when they turnout to be some one that you really like. THEY ARE OLD AND SO AM I.
Yeah, that's the sh*ts, isn't it? I still remember Karen Allen in that sheer dress near the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The sun was shining "just right."
post #336 of 358 Old 01-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Yeah, that's the sh*ts, isn't it? I still remember Karen Allen in that sheer dress near the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The sun was shining "just right."

Look in mirror we aren't so cute either. but she is still hot.

I am PDST treatment and the last episode got a few comments today.
post #337 of 358 Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Baker finally has a prominent part in Friday's episode. With so many characters already on the show, I'm surprised they expanded the role of another person. But I'm glad they did it this time. She's destined to be a star somewhere.

I thought the story with the drag queens was a little odd as far as the scene where the club owner visits Danny at the station and they used some old school music and shot it like it was something out of a 50's movie. I know Donnie directed it and wanted something different, but it went against how the show is normally presented.
post #338 of 358 Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Baker finally has a prominent part in Friday's episode. With so many characters already on the show, I'm surprised they expanded the role of another person. But I'm glad they did it this time. She's destined to be a star somewhere.

I thought the story with the drag queens was a little odd as far as the scene where the club owner visits Danny at the station and they used some old school music and shot it like it was something out of a 50's movie. I know Donnie directed it and wanted something different, but it went against how the show is normally presented.

I thought "Baker" (Abigail Hawk) did a great job. She finally got some real time on the show instead of the 1 or 2 lines she normally gets. Hope that once or twice more this season she gets more exposure. As to the drag queen segments, I thought it was a hoot! Yes, it was not your normal formula for the show. But, it certainly was different. And, the scene where the drag informant gets Danny into the detectives office was hilarious! It was a great take-off of the 30's/40's private-eye movie plots. I really had to chuckle during that scene! I wouldn't want the series to do something like this on a regular basis. But, for one time, it was quite enjoyable. I had the impression that "Danny" had fun doing this out-of-character role. I also thought that Wahlberg did a good job directing. In all, I really like this series-great stories/writing/acting/camera work. Hope it goes on for quite a while.
post #339 of 358 Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
The scene where Danny dressed up like the spurned lover and confronted the club owner also reminded me of the old-time detective stories e.g. Martin Kane.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #340 of 358 Old 03-03-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Very enjoyable episode this past Friday, even if it was a bit predictable. This week's show looks like it could be fun with Frank being at school.
post #341 of 358 Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Very enjoyable episode this past Friday, even if it was a bit predictable. This week's show looks like it could be fun with Frank being at school.

I disagree. I thought the resolution scene was one of the poorest in the series. Someone bangs on the locked cellar door, but when the door is kicked in immediately thereafter no one is there. Then after the bad guys are collared and we learn a child has been kidnapped and kept for 7 years, the frantic parent is not notified, but merely informed in some faky instant reunion denouement when he stumbles on the scene. "Thanks for the tips, Joe, which cracked the case, and there's someone over there who wants to see you." Not up to the high standards I expect from this show, which remains a favorite.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #342 of 358 Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

I disagree. I thought the resolution scene was one of the poorest in the series. Someone bangs on the locked cellar door, but when the door is kicked in immediately thereafter no one is there. Then after the bad guys are collared and we learn a child has been kidnapped and kept for 7 years, the frantic parent is not notified, but merely informed in some faky instant reunion denouement when he stumbles on the scene. "Thanks for the tips, Joe, which cracked the case, and there's someone over there who wants to see you." Not up to the high standards I expect from this show, which remains a favorite.

I have sworn off all of CBS' tired cop procedurals except Law & Order: SVU and Blue Bloods. The only reason I stick with these is because of the remarkable talent of both shows' stars and guest stars. You can count on seeing at least one first class Broadway actor in just about every episode of both shows. I have trained myself to consider the source, ignore the silly writing that too often prevails, and simply enjoy the excitement and excellent performances. As silly as this weeks show was, with its forced happy ending, I still enjoyed it, guilty pleasure though it was. smile.gif
post #343 of 358 Old 03-10-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Did anyone catch the two big goofs in Friday's show? The first one was with the storyline that involved Jamie. The opening scene of their story showed it snowing pretty hard with a couple of inches of snow on the ground. In the second scene that took place later that day, when Jamie tracked down that girl, there was no snow. I would have given it a pass except the girl made the comment about seeing her two times in the same day.

The second goof was the storyline with Frank and the school kids at the museum. They obviously arrive in the daytime. But when the other two storylines move on to night, Frank and the kids are still at the museum. Plus, I didn't catch whether the red-haired woman was also one of their teachers or just the mother of the kid. There was so much attention paid to her being an overbearing mother, it made it seem like no teachers were with the kids.

For such a strong start to this season, the last two or three episodes have not been up to the same standards. I hope last year's story writers aren't back.
post #344 of 358 Old 03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Clearly, someone on BB responsible for continuity was laid off or drinking some of Frank's whiskey on the job.
post #345 of 358 Old 03-10-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I have sworn off all of CBS' tired cop procedurals except Law & Order: SVU and Blue Bloods. The only reason I stick with these is because of the remarkable talent of both shows' stars and guest stars. You can count on seeing at least one first class Broadway actor in just about every episode of both shows. I have trained myself to consider the source, ignore the silly writing that too often prevails, and simply enjoy the excitement and excellent performances. As silly as this weeks show was, with its forced happy ending, I still enjoyed it, guilty pleasure though it was. smile.gif
SVU is on NBC, but I still enjoy it also.
post #346 of 358 Old 03-10-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

SVU is on NBC, but I still enjoy it also.

That's right! I have always thought of typical Big 4 network cop shows as being on CBS because of how many of them are. I tend to forget that Law & Order: SVU is indeed an NBC show.
post #347 of 358 Old 03-17-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks like the writing lull is over for now. Good episode with some interesting topics.
post #348 of 358 Old 04-28-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

More good episodes in recent weeks. Back to being on a roll.

The most recent episode about the cop choking the perp came to real life a day after it aired in my town. A bunch of college kids were throwing some block party and the cops came out because of complaints. A photographer grabbed a shot of a cop with his hand around the neck of a college kid they already has cuffed. It's made national news. Weird to see a show's plot line play out the very next day in your town.
post #349 of 358 Old 04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Good up to date episode.. First time I seen Vince Curatola (Johnny Sacks) since the Sopranos..he looks good on the other side of the law..smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Sack

post #350 of 358 Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Love BB but had a problem with this episode. Before we saw the cop choke the helpless prisoner to death we heard lots of what I call bogus moralizing about choke holds being illegal. They should be outlawed as a means of restraint, yes. But before we saw what transpired, there was talk that the prisoner outweighed the cop by 50 LBS and that the cop's life was in danger. That was not in dispute. Let the FBI come for me now but if some guy outweighing me by 50 LBS tries to kill me, and I get a choke hold on him, I'm using it to stop him.
post #351 of 358 Old 04-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Was waiting for Johnny Sac to begin to smoke...
post #352 of 358 Old 04-29-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Love BB but had a problem with this episode. Before we saw the cop choke the helpless prisoner to death we heard lots of what I call bogus moralizing about choke holds being illegal. They should be outlawed as a means of restraint, yes. But before we saw what transpired, there was talk that the prisoner outweighed the cop by 50 LBS and that the cop's life was in danger. That was not in dispute. Let the FBI come for me now but if some guy outweighing me by 50 LBS tries to kill me, and I get a choke hold on him, I'm using it to stop him.

Choke holds aren't illegal just against policy
post #353 of 358 Old 04-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Blue Bloods still rules Friday nights.....best show that Tom Selleck has done since Magnum Pi.
post #354 of 358 Old 04-29-2014, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

Choke holds aren't illegal just against policy

The grand jury agreed that the cop who choked out the out of control guy at the station shouldn't be indicted for what he had done. Indeed, I think that was the proper result. The Commissioner fired him because his record of having fractured the skull of another guy he had arrested on another police force showed that he had a dangerous lack of self control.
post #355 of 358 Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Well I'm a but behind on my BB but just watched this seasons finale, or was it series......
It ended just the way the series premiere started, with Frank giving the cadets a speak about the force......also some major people will not be coming back(if again the series does). The main DA lady is probably gone as is the second in command (guy below Frank that wears the police uniform). It was also hinted that some other MAJOR heads will roll by the DA lady, due to the prostitution sting. Very interesting end of the season and as this is one of our favorite shows we hope it's just that, and not a sign of more dire things.....anybody hear anything?
post #356 of 358 Old 06-29-2014, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Blue Bloods will definitely be back, they begin shooting very soon.

Magnepan 1.7's (LR)
Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel)
Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds)
Rythmik F12 (Sub)
Emotiva UMC-1 (Processor)
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's
Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds
Oppo BDP-103
post #357 of 358 Old 06-30-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Great, I hadn't heard anything to the contrary but the season finale sure had lots going on and again ended basically the same way the series began. I like Danny's character but I'm glad Jamie and his cute partner started getting more air time as the season progressed, hope to see the same next season. It's always nice to see more of Erin also, all around a great cast!
post #358 of 358 Old 06-30-2014, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

There was a slight delay in shooting as they ran out of Irish whiskey to film the in home scenes.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page