post #361 of 371 Old 09-29-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
Thoughts on the season premiere? I liked it overall. Nice to see Danny called out on his decision making for everyone. And Jaime is setting himself up for trouble. I foresee something bad happening to his partner this season.

I can't believe he took a partner over someone he clearly likes. Be interesting to see where this goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 371 Old 10-13-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 78
"I'll have 2 fingers of bourbon over 1 cube of ice" and "I'll have what she's having".

Gotta luv the stereotypes!

If I owned a whiskey company, I'd find a way to keep this show on the air. Constant free product placement advt that gets around network restrictions.
post #363 of 371 Old 10-19-2014, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I truly enjoy this show--great writing and acting. There are a few things I've noticed that have changed this season. One is the show is showing more of a complete "physical" presence. An example of this is--instead of just showing the Commissioner's office (and a peek out the doors to the outside area), they have now added the hallway through the outer office area to the room where press conferences are held. You get to see the complete walk from Selleck's office to the press area. I think this is a nice touch, in that it gives a more "real" feeling to his office area. And, in this week's show, they have a new (unseen till now) meeting room where the Chiefs and Commissioner hold meetings (as opposed to the meeting room used for this in past seasons). Another nice touch, I think. Speaking of that meeting room--this week Danny's sergeant was being grilled by one of the Chiefs in this room. I thought it was a great writing twist to have Selleck make this guy his "right-hand man" (even though he doesn't have the rank for the job). It will be interesting to see who will be the replacement for him to be Danny's "boss". Hope this show keeps up the high standards I feel they have set for several more seasons!
post #364 of 371 Old 10-19-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Blue Bloods is one of my favorite 44 minutes each week. Of course as a long time Selleck fan I like everything he does.
post #365 of 371 Old 10-19-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Blue Bloods is one of my favorite 44 minutes each week. Of course as a long time Selleck fan I like everything he does.
I liked this week's show a lot too. The scene in which the Commish handed the media whore preacher his head was worth the price of admission.
post #366 of 371 Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 AM

If the writers could fit it in (without detracting from the other characters), I would like to see them give Baker (Abigail Hawk) more of a presence every once in a while. It wouldn't need to occur often. But maybe once (or twice?) a season. I feel she is being under-utilized. The one episode (last season) where she really handed his lunch to one of the detectives (?) at a meeting/conference was outstanding. She was given a lot of air-time on that episode and I thought she did quite well.
post #367 of 371 Old 10-20-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Marisa Ramirez is doing a fine job but I do miss Jennifer Esposito. She had a certain Je Ne Sais Quoi that I found quite appealing. Unfortunately her employment demands (or health situation) resulted in her termination.
post #368 of 371 Old 10-20-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
love this
post #369 of 371 Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Marisa Ramirez is doing a fine job but I do miss Jennifer Esposito. She had a certain Je Ne Sais Quoi that I found quite appealing. Unfortunately her employment demands (or health situation) resulted in her termination.
I concur. Marisa does the role nicely--no complaints. But, I have always felt that Esposito just "fit" better in the role. I can't put a finger on it. She just seemed to be a "natural" for that role. I see she does now appear on the show "Mysteries of Laura" as the M.E.. I think her talents are wasted there. And, at that, she has a minor appearance on the show. I guess having a small part on a show is better than not having work at all. Hope better future offerings await her.
post #370 of 371 Old 10-21-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I think it's because she seems more like a cop than the current one does.
post #371 of 371 Old 10-21-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I'm not sold at all on Danny's current partner. The rest of the cast is great.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page