'Blue Bloods' on CBS - Page 15 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #421 of 440 Old 02-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I noticed that, in this week's episode, they corrected their error from a previous episode when they kept referring to Gormley as Sgt., instead of Lieutenant. This week, as Frank was walking a corridor and referring to Gormley as Sgt., he was corrected and reminded that he, Frank, had promoted Gormley to Lieutenant. Whether anyone (connected with the show) had read any threads about this faux pas, and passed it along to be corrected now, is unknown. Or, perhaps, they, themselves, recognized their error. In either case, I thought it was nice that they corrected themselves.

Also, in this week's episode, when the wounded perpetrator asked to call his mother and got no answer, I thought it was rather predictable that Jamie would end up finding her and bring her to the hospital.

And, my usual notice once again is-why is Amy Carlson getting so LITTLE air-time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 440 Old 02-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 37
The Sergeant/Lieutenant snafu was due to airing two episodes out of order .... good catch on your part!

Magnepan 1.7's (LR)
Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel)
Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds)
Rythmik F12 (Sub)
Emotiva UMC-1 (Processor)
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's
Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds
Oppo BDP-103
post #423 of 440 Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustan View Post
The Sergeant/Lieutenant snafu was due to airing two episodes out of order .... good catch on your part!
Just once I would like a network to explain why a show's episodes are run out of order. It makes no sense whatsoever.
jjeff and Phil17108 like this.
post #424 of 440 Old 02-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 58
This week episode, season 5 #15 has Janko killing a drugs pusher in a shot out, will that get her a dinner invite, a chair at the table, she fits right in, pissed about getting a medal. Drinks the right booze and really likes Jamie, and that goes 2 ways.
If you have the top of the line DirecTV DVR the info on season and episode is in the program info.

Last edited by Phil17108; 02-15-2015 at 06:41 PM.
post #425 of 440 Old 02-16-2015, 12:19 PM

Just my opinion--in this week's episode, the dinner table scene seemed rather short, compressed and added just to able to say they had the dinner table scene. And-since Danny and his partner were supposed to be guarding the high-stakes witness (as the supposedly only trustworthy detectives able to do this due to secrecy), how did he have time to be at the weekly dinner? I guess one answer would be they had shifts of cops doing the protection. But, that isn't mentioned nor does it make sense due to the "secrecy" issue.
post #426 of 440 Old 02-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I noticed that as well - the scene seemed to be an afterthought - oops, we forgot the dinner scene!
post #427 of 440 Old 02-17-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I thought the episode was pretty good despite being somewhat predictable. I liked how Danny wasn't involved until the very end.
post #428 of 440 Old 02-17-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Writers are on a roll this season. Enjoying the stories. Janko is more of a Reagan than half the family.
Garrett Adams and mike1812 like this.
post #429 of 440 Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 AM

I felt the episode this week was EXCEPTIONALLY good!

1-Baker (Abigail Hawk) was finally given some decent air time talking directly with Frank (Tom Selleck). When given the opportunity, she shows the talent she has.

2-For a change, the show wasn't centered around Danny (Donnie Wahlberg). This time, he was a "secondary" role. Albeit, a "strong" secondary role.

3-YES! They got rid of the person playing the commander of Donnie and Maria (Marisa Baez) that had replaced Gormley (Robert Clohessy). As I had mentioned (in an earlier posting), the lady they had as the replacement was (IMO) COMPLETELY wrong for the part physically. This new guy (so far) seems to fit the part much more believably.

4-Speaking of Gormley, I felt it was a nice touch to show him conferring with Frank on ordinary business. No confrontations-just everyday operations. And, for a change, Garrett (Gregory Jabara) wasn't confrontational with anyone. In fact, he wasn't even in this episode.

5-I thought Eddie Jenko (Vanessa Ray) did a very credible performance in her role as going undercover for the first time. Along this plot line, I felt that Jamie (Will Estes) has truly matured in his role. He actually seemed to be the "seasoned" cop. Perhaps the writers could now show him taking an exam to get promoted to Corporal (?).

6-Grandpa Henry (Len Cariou) was given decent air time this episode. That was nice to see. But, along this line, I felt his "story" this week was way too predictable. There is no way they would write in a love interest for him. To top it off, as soon as his lady friend showed off the nice bracelet, it was immediately apparent that she would be out of the story by the end of the show. And that Henry would be the tough "cop" to uphold the law to have her arrested.

7-The one nit I have is (again)–they gave no airtime to Linda (Amy Carlson). She had maybe two or three lines at the dinner table and that was it. I know it wasn't possible (this episode) to fit in a story for her. But-why can't they give her more air time in future episodes. Her talent is really being wasted.

8-I also thought it was an interesting twist to not have the girl forgive the convict. Usually, in these situations (where the convict truly repents), the victim breaks down and does forgive the tormenter. It was an interesting role reversal to not have the girl forgive him.

Once again, I thought this weeks episode was close to, if not the best show of the series. It is a pleasure to watch this program. I hope they keep up the good story lines and that the show continues for many more seasons.

Last edited by Vidop; 03-15-2015 at 11:04 AM. Reason: addition
post #430 of 440 Old 03-15-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I agree with Linda having more air time and more lines instead of "pass the potatoes, pass the meat .. Jamie should take the promotion test to sergeant. No corporal rank in the NYPD..

post #431 of 440 Old 03-15-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
I agree with Linda having more air time and more lines instead of "pass the potatoes, pass the meat .. Jamie should take the promotion test to sergeant. No corporal rank in the NYPD..
I did not know there was not a rank of Corporal in the NYPD. Thanks for the info.

IMO, if Jaimie became a Sergeant, they would find it difficult to write roles for him in the show. So, maybe it is just as well to leave him where he is.
post #432 of 440 Old 03-15-2015, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
...IMO, if Jaimie became a Sergeant, they would find it difficult to write roles for him in the show. So, maybe it is just as well to leave him where he is.
Not necessarily... there are plenty of TV police sergeants that seemed to command nothing at all... Joe Friday, Pete Malloy, Philip Fish, Christine Cagney ... I could go on...
post #433 of 440 Old 03-16-2015, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
I felt the episode this week was EXCEPTIONALLY good!

1-Baker (Abigail Hawk) was finally given some decent air time talking directly with Frank (Tom Selleck). When given the opportunity, she shows the talent she has.

2-For a change, the show wasn't centered around Danny (Donnie Wahlberg). This time, he was a "secondary" role. Albeit, a "strong" secondary role.

3-YES! They got rid of the person playing the commander of Donnie and Maria (Marisa Baez) that had replaced Gormley (Robert Clohessy). As I had mentioned (in an earlier posting), the lady they had as the replacement was (IMO) COMPLETELY wrong for the part physically. This new guy (so far) seems to fit the part much more believably.

4-Speaking of Gormley, I felt it was a nice touch to show him conferring with Frank on ordinary business. No confrontations-just everyday operations. And, for a change, Garrett (Gregory Jabara) wasn't confrontational with anyone. In fact, he wasn't even in this episode.

5-I thought Eddie Jenko (Vanessa Ray) did a very credible performance in her role as going undercover for the first time. Along this plot line, I felt that Jamie (Will Estes) has truly matured in his role. He actually seemed to be the "seasoned" cop. Perhaps the writers could now show him taking an exam to get promoted to Corporal (?).

6-Grandpa Henry (Len Cariou) was given decent air time this episode. That was nice to see. But, along this line, I felt his "story" this week was way too predictable. There is no way they would write in a love interest for him. To top it off, as soon as his lady friend showed off the nice bracelet, it was immediately apparent that she would be out of the story by the end of the show. And that Henry would be the tough "cop" to uphold the law to have her arrested.

7-The one nit I have is (again)–they gave no airtime to Linda (Amy Carlson). She had maybe two or three lines at the dinner table and that was it. I know it wasn't possible (this episode) to fit in a story for her. But-why can't they give her more air time in future episodes. Her talent is really being wasted.

8-I also thought it was an interesting twist to not have the girl forgive the convict. Usually, in these situations (where the convict truly repents), the victim breaks down and does forgive the tormenter. It was an interesting role reversal to not have the girl forgive him.

Once again, I thought this weeks episode was close to, if not the best show of the series. It is a pleasure to watch this program. I hope they keep up the good story lines and that the show continues for many more seasons.
Agreed on nearly everything you said. The last two episodes have been back where the show used to be the first couple of seasons.
post #434 of 440 Old 03-16-2015, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I agree. There are many great characters in this ensemble and it is tough to get them all in the episode.

I almost thought Jamie was going to give Edit a hug when he walked into the control room. Missed it by that much...

Great show. Beats the doom and gloom of all the "new style" murder mystery shows like Secrets and Lies, etc.
post #435 of 440 Old 04-05-2015, 11:48 AM

From my post #429-- "YES! They got rid of the person playing the commander of Donnie and Maria (Marisa Baez) that had replaced Gormley (Robert Clohessy). As I had mentioned (in an earlier posting), the lady they had as the replacement was (IMO) COMPLETELY wrong for the part physically. This new guy (so far) seems to fit the part much more believably."

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. This weeks episode brought this person back. I'm disappointed. I stand by my thoughts that this person is just physically the wrong person to cast in this role as Danny's immediate boss. To me, there is no way a person of her stature/weight could have even gotten on the force to start with. Let alone (IF she had been hired) she had worked a "beat" as a street cop. And, (IMO), her actions do NOT portray a person that has been on the force. I.E.-it feels like she is just reading lines--no real street experience. If anyone on the show is reading this, please consider casting this person aside and put somebody in the role that "fits" the part and seems credible.

I still look forward every week to watching this show. It is truly one of my favorites. Aside from (my above comment) nit-pik, I think this show has great writing/acting/actors. Hope it goes many more seasons. Just PLEASE recast this one character. YMMV.
post #436 of 440 Old 04-05-2015, 12:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 123
I agree, and to me the whole ride along thing was pretty far fetched. I mean what are the chances someone from the public(and an offender at that) would be allowed access to private police proceedings, including a crime scene True she snuck a peek at Dannys computer and she did sneak past the person so called guarding the crime scene but I find the whole thing highly implausible in the first place.
Like most weeks it was kind of the Danny Regan show, when I might like to see other cast members of BBs find cast but it's still a favorite in my household and one show that everyone can agree on
post #437 of 440 Old 04-05-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
I agree, and to me the whole ride along thing was pretty far fetched. I mean what are the chances someone from the public(and an offender at that) would be allowed access to private police proceedings, including a crime scene True she snuck a peek at Dannys computer and she did sneak past the person so called guarding the crime scene but I find the whole thing highly implausible in the first place.
Like most weeks it was kind of the Danny Regan show, when I might like to see other cast members of BBs find cast but it's still a favorite in my household and one show that everyone can agree on
Ditto to your comment. I was so intent about the miscasting of the character (I mentioned), I neglected to comment about the topics you have in your posting. Wahlberg is great in his role. But, IMO, they tend to focus on him too much of the time. All the other actors are truly good in their roles. But, they sometimes seem to be short-changed in exposure. ESPECIALLY Linda (Amy Carlson). She has been relegated to just having 2 or 3 lines at the dinner table. What a waste of good talent.
post #438 of 440 Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Once again-did the dinner table scene (in this weeks episode) seem quite short? Almost like an afterthought? I have enjoyed this show since episode one. To me, the dinner table scene has always been an integral part of each episode. But, it recently seems like this has been in the show just to say they did it. Also-how many lines did Amy Carlson have this week? One? Two? Why are they shoving her character WAY in the background?
post #439 of 440 Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Maybe your wishes will come true and there will be more of Amy in the next episode.

Magnepan 1.7's (LR)
Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel)
Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds)
Rythmik F12 (Sub)
Emotiva UMC-1 (Processor)
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's
Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds
Oppo BDP-103
post #440 of 440 Old Today, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member