'Blue Bloods' on CBS - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

post #541 of 603 Old 01-14-2016, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I can think of at lest 2 more NYPD couples, that have a lot in common with Danny and Eddie, one is divorced and the other married. The real deal is don't go after papa bear in front of mama bear, Kate will kill, Laura does a great job of intimidation and Eddie goes postil at a hi volume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 603 Old 01-14-2016, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Frank inherited PC from his father so Danny should be the next heir-apparent, no?
PC is a political appointee. No reason that Erin couldn't take the spot.
Phil17108 likes this.

Bobby 

post #543 of 603 Old 01-14-2016, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
PC is a political appointee. No reason that Erin couldn't take the spot.
Nah - she'll be much too busy being mayor...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #544 of 603 Old 01-14-2016, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nah - she'll be much too busy being mayor...
That would grind her old man, maybe he well retire.
post #545 of 603 Old 01-15-2016, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Mayor Erin appoints Danny. (or the younger bro)
post #546 of 603 Old 01-25-2016, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

What's long island, the place they send dumb cops. One retires from there after spending some years, and then another goes after MRS. Jamie and then is putting in for a transfer. Every thing he said to her was true but she could care less and what he said to him was true to about his relationship with Eddie, true but he won't acknowledge it.
post #547 of 603 Old 01-25-2016, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
What's long island, the place they send dumb cops. One retires from there after spending some years, and then another goes after MRS. Jamie and then is putting in for a transfer. Every thing he said to her was true but she could care less and what he said to him was true to about his relationship with Eddie, true but he won't acknowledge it.
He is a perpetual skirt chaser who uses his official position to maneuver alone time with his targets.

Staten Island (not Long Island) is no doubt a lower status / less visible post for an ambitious NYPD officer.
Phil17108 likes this.
post #548 of 603 Old 01-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Just an observation---Jamie sure seems to have "grown up" over the last two seasons, IMO. Example--this week's show, he took to task the training Sergeant's "womanizing". Jamie is below this guy in rank. But, it felt like he was the "superior" officer when threatening the Sergeant (with the previous girl conquests at the bar) to take a "voluntary" request to relocate to Staten Island. It almost felt like Jamie was Frank (Tom Selleck). I don't mean this as a complaint at all. Just an observation that the writers have really let Jamie "mature".

Once again-this is one of the few favorite shows that I look forward to every week. Now--if they would only give Linda and Baker more air-time! :-D
post #549 of 603 Old 01-25-2016, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
Just an observation---Jamie sure seems to have "grown up" over the last two seasons, IMO. Example--this week's show, he took to task the training Sergeant's "womanizing". Jamie is below this guy in rank. But, it felt like he was the "superior" officer when threatening the Sergeant (with the previous girl conquests at the bar) to take a "voluntary" request to relocate to Staten Island. It almost felt like Jamie was Frank (Tom Selleck). I don't mean this as a complaint at all. Just an observation that the writers have really let Jamie "mature".

Once again-this is one of the few favorite shows that I look forward to every week. Now--if they would only give Linda and Baker more air-time! :-D

Yes it was a very effective way to get the message across without a direct threat, saved the PD from unfavorable publicity, and got the women some redress without having to come forward officially. Not sure if Staten Island is the whole answer though - aren't there women officers there too?
TeeJay1952 likes this.

CC

post #550 of 603 Old 02-22-2016, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Another good episode this week. The writers have been on a roll as of late.
post #551 of 603 Old 02-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

At the beginning of this week's show, Erin was on a "first-meeting" date with someone (or so it seemed). Then, of course, she was called away. During the show, she was relying on her "investigator" to find new facts about about the person that seemed to have committed the murder. And, she seemed (IMO) to rely upon him heavily for information. During their last scene together, it sure seemed to me that she was giving her investigator a serious "second look". By that, I mean, she seemed to see him more as a "real" person, vs. just a work associate. Am I imagining that/reading more into the scene than was really there? Or, did anybody else seem to get that same impression?

On a related note-I'm glad to see this guy appear in the series as Erin's investigator. I think this guy fits in well and does a good job with the character. Just my $.02.
post #552 of 603 Old 02-22-2016, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought it was a bit jarring that she was urgently summoned to the scene of a murdered policeman and didn't ask if it was one of her brothers.

Also, I get her motivation to investigate the original suspect, but once cleared why was it her job to track down the real killer?

CC

post #553 of 603 Old 02-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 46
The guy is Bobby Baccala from the Sopranos. ["Anthony, I'm in are of you"]. Waiting to see if he begins to wear his Railroad Hat. Also enjoyed watching Bobby scarf down that Meatball...
taxman48 likes this.
post #554 of 603 Old 02-24-2016, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post
The guy is Bobby Baccala from the Sopranos. ["Anthony, I'm in are of you"]. Waiting to see if he begins to wear his Railroad Hat. Also enjoyed watching Bobby scarf down that Meatball...
Actually IIRC he said that to Junior after Richie Aprile failed to sell the hit on Tony to the Barese crew, so Junior decided to throw back in with Tony.

He's a great addition to Blue Bloods - reminds me of Fusco on POI...
Garrett Adams likes this.

CC

post #555 of 603 Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Jamie needs to be promoted to detective. Maybe the reason that he has not been promoted is because Will Estes and Vanessa Ray (Eddie) have good on-screen chemistry.
post #556 of 603 Old 02-25-2016, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
Jamie needs to be promoted to detective. Maybe the reason that he has not been promoted is because Will Estes and Vanessa Ray (Eddie) have good on-screen chemistry.
I don't see how two detective storylines would improve the show. Patrol officers add a completely different perspective and dangerous fog-of-war situations, but still allow overlap with cerebral detective work on complex cases - best of both worlds...

CC

post #557 of 603 Old 02-26-2016, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I don't see how two detective storylines would improve the show. Patrol officers add a completely different perspective and dangerous fog-of-war situations, but still allow overlap with cerebral detective work on complex cases - best of both worlds...
I agree with that, but Jamie has been a lot more than a patrolman for a while now. Undercover, solving cases.

No matter what, still love the show.
post #558 of 603 Old 02-26-2016, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I agree with that, but Jamie has been a lot more than a patrolman for a while now. Undercover, solving cases.

No matter what, still love the show.
And I agree that it's getting awkward to explain his lack of advancement. I think 3 seasons ago he was concerned that his promotion had already taken him longer than Danny. I'd have to believe his performance evaluations would far exceed Danny's patrolman years, plus a law degree, from Harvard no less? It makes no sense...

CC

post #559 of 603 Old 02-26-2016, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
And I agree that it's getting awkward to explain his lack of advancement. I think 3 seasons ago he was concerned that his promotion had already taken him longer than Danny. I'd have to believe his performance evaluations would far exceed Danny's patrolman years, plus a law degree, from Harvard no less? It makes no sense...
Sure it does. You've got the top of the heap, the Commissioner, his son the detective, his son the patrolman, his daughter the Asst. DA, and finally, his father the former Commissioner. The whole show is based on that synergy.

Bobby 

post #560 of 603 Old 02-26-2016, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 269
I remember Jamie saying why he was happy where he is. That he would try and prevent crimes rather than solve them. It happened when his partner was going for a ride along with a sergeant..it was the episode where she trapped partner and got his other girls together..
RTPVid likes this.

post #561 of 603 Old 02-26-2016, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
I remember Jamie saying why he was happy where he is. That he would try and prevent crimes rather than solve them. It happened when his partner was going for a ride along with a sergeant..it was the episode where she trapped partner and got his other girls together..
Yes; Eddie was angling for moving up & was pushing on Jamie to go for it as well. He explained he didn't want plain clothes; he wanted to stay as a patrol officer for now.

IMO, this is the writers' way of keeping the show's dynamic intact as the seasons/years keep piling up... Jamie is not moved to detective because the show runner wants him to remain a patrolman, so now we know that is what Jamie wants, too!
post #562 of 603 Old 02-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

It was nice to see "Linda" (Amy Carlson) get some airtime on this week's show.

And (to be political), they couldn't have type-cast the new head of the city council much better. Goldberg just acted her part as she is in real life--a left-leaning blowhard. Of course, this is just my opinion. YMMV.
post #563 of 603 Old 02-28-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And (to be political), they couldn't have type-cast the new head of the city council much better. Goldberg just acted her part as she is in real life--a left-leaning blowhard. Of course, this is just my opinion. YMMV.
"Broken windows" is a controversial policy - disappointing to see it sugar coated as "jaywalking" and "littering" rather than the public urination and other serious health and decency issues really at stake. Hard to imagine a city or neighborhood wanting to tolerate such behavior, but they have every right to make that choice...

CC

post #564 of 603 Old 02-29-2016, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Imagine your neighbors. Now imagine 7 1/2 million of them. Ah life in the big city. I find Blue Bloods scarier than Grim.
Distorted likes this.
post #565 of 603 Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:

I agree, lots of Linda involvement, instead of her just saying "pass the potatoes"..

post #566 of 603 Old 03-14-2016, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Despite some predictability with Friday's show, I still enjoyed it especially with a number of humorous moments.
post #567 of 603 Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
Despite some predictability with Friday's show, I still enjoyed it especially with a number of humorous moments.
I thought this last episode was very predictable. The rookie cop self-destructing and the result of Frank's late dinner with the female Brit were telegraphed. And the Erin thread just made me wonder how good a detective her investigator really is.

Nothing new in this episode except Danny telling Jamie that he was the best cop on the force.
post #568 of 603 Old 03-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I thought this last episode was very predictable. The rookie cop self-destructing and the result of Frank's late dinner with the female Brit were telegraphed. And the Erin thread just made me wonder how good a detective her investigator really is.

Nothing new in this episode except Danny telling Jamie that he was the best cop on the force.
Same here. Jamie and Frank's story-lines have been done numerous times before in other shows. At least Baker had a few more lines than she normally does. I thought that was nice.
post #569 of 603 Old 03-14-2016, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Same here. Jamie and Frank's story-lines have been done numerous times before in other shows. At least Baker had a few more lines than she normally does. I thought that was nice.
Anthony won the screen time lottery this week. But once again we have Erin playing detective - hope it's not a trend...

CC

post #570 of 603 Old 04-09-2016, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Damn. I thought the promotion conflict was going to be about Jamie being promoted to detective. No Erin story this time. So-so episode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page