'Blue Bloods' on CBS - Page 2 - AVS Forum
1  2 3  4  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'Blue Bloods' on CBS
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 06:39 PM 10-11-2010
They're going to drag the Templar thing out, maybe to really flesh it out as a end of season teaser or something.

GqMagic's Avatar GqMagic 06:10 PM 10-12-2010
Another hit for CBS prime time HD
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 08:36 AM 10-13-2010
I really enjoy this show. I never have been a fan of Donny Walhberg, but he's really good in this show.
MikeKlim's Avatar MikeKlim 11:24 AM 10-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

I really enjoy this show. I never have been a fan of Donny Walhberg, but he's really good in this show.

The more I see him, the more I like him. He was great in Band of Brothers as well, IMO.
bruce73's Avatar bruce73 11:50 AM 10-13-2010
^^^ Yes he was. And I'd much rather watch him than his brother.
petesimac's Avatar petesimac 10:09 PM 10-15-2010
Another great episode. I'm really digging this show.
PooperScooper's Avatar PooperScooper 08:56 AM 10-16-2010
I thought this was the weakest episode so far, mainly because of the ending. The guy was supposed to be "The Monster" and suicide by cop wouldn't be the way you would think he'd go down. At least they could have had him held up inside the warehouse and make the cops work for it. And there was a scene with DW, his partner and boss where they seemed to be just reading lines at each other when figuring out to go to the dead guys wife's house. And we had the obligatory 30 second, useless, templar segment. I still enjoy watching it. I like how each week they show the night shot of the city from off shore - gorgeous!

larry
bruce73's Avatar bruce73 10:09 AM 10-16-2010
I, too, like the show, but I wish the dialogue didn't try so hard to be "smart" -- it draws too much attention to itself at times and instead of sounding authentic, it just comes across as self-conscious.
Mac The Knife's Avatar Mac The Knife 01:31 PM 10-16-2010
I'm still wishing they had just turned the Jesse Stone specials into a series. I liked those characters a lot more than any of the characters in Blue Bloods.
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 06:59 AM 10-20-2010
It's a good show. With a little improvement here and there, it could be a great show.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 07:13 AM 10-20-2010
It's a good show. It has some flaws here in and there but they can work on them. The ending this week was very rushed and i guess that is why we got the quick suicide by cop at the end.
flint350's Avatar flint350 09:40 AM 10-20-2010
I'm still enjoying it, but I agree the ending this week seemed too easy and quick. And one other ongoing complaint is the "one dialogue line per episode" to barely keep afloat the Templars plot. Drop it or develop it, but this one comment weekly is getting old.
dad1153's Avatar dad1153 05:50 PM 10-21-2010
TV Notes
Five-0!
CBS gives full seasons to 'Hawaii,' 'Molly,' 'Blue,' 'Defenders,' '$#*!'

By James Hibberd in The Hollywood Reporter s LiveFeed blog, October 21, 2010

CBS is going five-for-five: The network is giving full season orders to all of its freshman shows: The Defenders, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, $#*! My Dad Says and Mike & Molly.

What's more, each of the pickups is earned: All of the shows have performed competitively in their time periods, with Hawaii, Molly and $#*! averaging above a 3.0 in the adults 18-49 rating.

The pickup reflects a strong performance by CBS this fall, which has had the broadcaster in first place for the first month of the season.

"It's personally thrilling and extremely satisfying," CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler told The Hollywood Reporter. "I like kept walking around the halls going, 'I want 5 for 5.'"

Tassler credits the network's strong development this year, promotion and smart scheduling moves.

The pickups do give the network a luxury problem, however -- fitting the network's midseason shows into the schedule. Tassler wouldn't rule out reducing the episode orders for some. CBS isn't announcing how many episodes of each show was ordered, sources say $#*! may only be for six episodes instead of the customary nine, plus three scripts. Hawaii received back nine plus two scripts.

"We're looking at all possible ideas," Tassler said. "It's not just about filling slots but launching a successful midseason schedule."

For midseason, the network has Chaos, Mad Love, Live to Dance and the Criminal Minds spinoff.

The ratings to date: Hawaii has averaged 14.2 million and a 4.1 adults 18-49 rating; Blue has averaged 12.7 million and a 2.2; Defenders 11.3 million and a 2.8; Molly 12.3 million and 4.1 and $#*! 11.3 million and 3.5.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...ves-full-32015
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 07:48 AM 11-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I'm still enjoying it, but I agree the ending this week seemed too easy and quick. And one other ongoing complaint is the "one dialogue line per episode" to barely keep afloat the Templars plot. Drop it or develop it, but this one comment weekly is getting old.

I agree. It's almost like they say "oh yeah, we have to mention the Templars because our story line is already full." And the next week it's the same thing.
MikeKlim's Avatar MikeKlim 08:11 AM 11-04-2010
My prediction for future story lines as I look in the crystal ball:

1) Jaimie's partner, Renzulli, will unexpectedly die in the line of duty.

2) Danny and his partner will get closer and fight the temptation to have an affair.

I have nothing to base this on, just a gut feeling.
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 08:36 AM 11-09-2010
I really liked Friday's episode. And it looks from the previews they will finally dive into the Templar plot.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 08:59 AM 11-09-2010
Interesting interview with Selleck in Parade magazine last Sunday. The producers of the show said he was their only choice to play the role from day 1. He was interested but he didn't like the NY shooting schedule, so they worked with him on consolidating his shoots so he is in California more.
PooperScooper's Avatar PooperScooper 09:08 AM 11-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

I really liked Friday's episode. And it looks from the previews they will finally dive into the Templar plot.

Yes. They spent probably 30x more time this week than all previous episodes total on Templar. Funny how the 2nd perp just appeared....

larry
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 09:11 AM 11-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Interesting interview with Selleck in Parade magazine last Sunday. The producers of the show said he was their only choice to play the role from day 1. He was interested but he didn't like the NY shooting schedule, so they worked with him on consolidating his shoots so he is in California more.

Yeah, I was wondering how much of the show was really shot in New York.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 09:14 AM 11-10-2010
Well he goes to NY to shoot, but basically they get all his shots done in a compact period of time so he can go back home.
stustan's Avatar stustan 09:59 PM 11-11-2010
The show is shot entirely in New York.
petesimac's Avatar petesimac 08:16 AM 11-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Well he goes to NY to shoot, but basically they get all his shots done in a compact period of time so he can go back home.

Meh, hardly the team player. I like Tom, but hearing this disappoints me a bit. Surely his life isn't so full that he can't shoot scenes with everyone else in NY; I mean, it IS a job, right?
foxeng's Avatar foxeng 10:13 AM 11-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesimac View Post

Meh, hardly the team player. I like Tom, but hearing this disappoints me a bit. Surely his life isn't so full that he can't shoot scenes with everyone else in NY; I mean, it IS a job, right?

Series work is usually 16 hour days 6 days a week 7 to 9 months a year. That is why many movie actors would rather NOT do series TV.
DDD's Avatar DDD 07:50 AM 11-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Series work is usually 16 hour days 6 days a week 7 to 9 months a year. That is why many movie actors would rather NOT do series TV.

And in an Ensemble cast series like Blue Bloods, Tom would be just waiting around for most of the time until his shoot would be ready.
foxeng's Avatar foxeng 08:28 AM 11-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

And in an Ensemble cast series like Blue Bloods, Tom would be just waiting around for most of the time until his shoot would be ready.

If you look at Selleck's camera time, it is pretty limited. His character isn't the lead. It is Donny Walberg's Danny character that is the lead. He is getting the most camera time. He is also at the top of the billing in the credits. Selleck is the last in the billing of the credits. By design I am sure.

Here is the actors billing in the opening credits, it is pretty telling: Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes, Len Cariou, Tom Selleck.

All in all, the show is getting better slowly. The characters are now beginning to be fleshed out. The writing is still good and getting better. I suspect it will be a slow climb. The ratings are fairly steady (relatively speaking) and CBS seems to be willing to stick with the show as the ratings move around on a Friday night. I do think, it would have a better audience if they moved it to a better time slot/day. Looks like Andrea Roth's character is turning into an enemy, slowly, painfully for Selleck's character.

And I am glad to see that many critics are saying the same thing many of us are, the Blue Templar back story needs to die. Maybe on these back episodes since the show got a full season pickup, that storyline will FINALLY go away. Maybe last night's is a sign of things to come.

On a side note, it is interesting to note that Mark Walberg is Executive/Co Exec Producer of two fairly successful shows on the TV right now. Blue Bloods and Boardwalk Empire. It wouldn't surprise me to see Donny Walberg in some kind of role, not matter how small, on Boardwalk Empire before that series is finished. One of the main reasons I like Blue Bloods is the family aspect of the show. Growing up as an only child in my immediate family, but having uncles and aunts with families with many siblings (in the 4-7 range) from New York state (not NYC), I missed out on all that. As a kid, I didn't miss it, but as an adult, I can see what I missed and I guess I pine for that in a way and even though we aren't Roman Catholics like the Regan's, family is a HUGE element with us as it is with them. For that reason alone, I look forward to the show every week. Yep, I am hooked. Hard.

And I swear Will Estes hasn't aged a day since he played JJ Pryor on American Dreams, 5 years ago. Wiki says he is 32 YO.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 07:07 PM 11-14-2010
Selleck might not be the lead but he's the public face of the show. All the CBS promos have just his picture at the end when it shows the time of the week it comes on.
flint350's Avatar flint350 08:35 AM 11-15-2010
I'm not so sure the Blue Templars story will disappear very soon. The whole setup with the FBI Agent bailing out the young cop was too big to just drop. It certainly appears they will use this to apply pressure on the kid to continue undercover. I don't find the Templars story bad necessarily, just that they introduced it and then give it one line a week or so up until now. Either develop it in an interesting way or drop it. Teasing it incessantly with no development is just frustrating and distracting from the rest.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 06:28 AM 12-22-2010
Show is moving to Wednesdays at 10 pm for 4 weeks starting January 19. Will move back to Fridays at 10 when the new Criminal Minds spinoff starts. Defenders moving to Fridays at 8
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 08:12 AM 12-22-2010
I'm not sure if I like that. Either move it and leave it there or keep it at its original time slot. I'd prefer the Wednesday time slot, I think the ratings will get even better.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 08:14 AM 12-22-2010
Nevermind I misread the chart on HOTP.
1  2 3  4  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop