'Blue Bloods' on CBS - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 95Likes

post #631 of 743 Old 11-07-2016, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I think Anthony is soaking up all the minor-character screen time lately.
And to think they could be so much more efficient....the screen space Anthony takes up could easily fit both Baker and Linda
HairyBee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 743 Old 11-07-2016, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
And to think they could be so much more efficient....the screen space Anthony takes up could easily fit both Baker and Linda
Yes Tony does take up a rather large footprint
post #633 of 743 Old 11-07-2016, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
True - I don't have a widescreen monitor so I have to scroll back and forth to see all of him...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???

post #634 of 743 Old 11-07-2016, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Writers should give Linda more lines than "pass the potatoes"..What about the relationship between Jamie and Eddie. This weeks episode might answer that question:

[/SPOILER]http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/07/...ason-7-photos/[/SPOILER]

Last edited by taxman48; 11-07-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spoiler
post #635 of 743 Old 11-07-2016, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Writers should give Linda more lines than "pass the potatoes"..What about the relationship between Jamie and Eddie. This weeks episode might answer that question:

[/SPOILER]http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/07/...ason-7-photos/[/SPOILER]
Well since sleeping with your partner is likely frowned on that might be the means to get Jamie off the beat and into a suit with a detective badge.
post #636 of 743 Old 11-08-2016, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Was it last season or 2 seasons ago when they teased us with that, then it went nowhere?
post #637 of 743 Old 11-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Given the storyline with the state's AG investigating the dept and the associated comments made by Frank at episode's end (I can't recall the exact words), the lead-in to Jaime and Eddie, there are some signs (perhaps misinterpreted by me) that perhaps they are signalling an end to the show by leading into wrapping up long story lines - with possibly Frank stepping down or being fired to end the series. Pure speculation on my part, but last Friday's episode seemed to shift the course of most of the series' storylines into a different direction.
post #638 of 743 Old 11-19-2016, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Do we have a budding romance on our hands? There's room at the table.
post #639 of 743 Old 11-20-2016, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
Do we have a budding romance on our hands? There's room at the table.
I'm in the camp with those here who have observed that she's more of a Reagan than half the Reagan family.
She belongs at the table & Jamie deserves a promotion.

Cradle robbing wife has had the hots for young Jaime since when he was JJ on American Dream
post #640 of 743 Old 11-20-2016, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Family only at Sunday dinner seems to be a pretty strict rule. The scene's purpose is to vocalize different perspectives on issues raised in the episode and maybe find some common ground. There's no way the scene would have any relevance with a guest present...

CC

post #641 of 743 Old 11-20-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Jamie's wife will not be a guest. Get with the program!
post #642 of 743 Old 11-21-2016, 04:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Family only at Sunday dinner seems to be a pretty strict rule. The scene's purpose is to vocalize different perspectives on issues raised in the episode and maybe find some common ground. There's no way the scene would have any relevance with a guest present...
Jaime's fiance was at the dinner table quite a few times during season 1.
post #643 of 743 Old 11-21-2016, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
Jaime's fiance was at the dinner table quite a few times during season 1.
I forgot about that - a fiance couldn't be reasonably excluded from the family gathering...

CC

post #644 of 743 Old 11-21-2016, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like they are finally going to play up this angle. I guess with both of them making comments about being in a romance and not being able to work together will finally produce Jamie becoming a detective or something else.
post #645 of 743 Old 11-21-2016, 09:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 109
They went down this road before and had to make a chose of lovers or partners a few years back.
As I recall it she/he wanted to stay as partners to stay with him/her every day. Over the last few years
there was a lot of them running around together in cives and it would be just a normal progression
for the show. I for one think she would bring a lot of lively conversation to Sunday chow time.
post #646 of 743 Old 01-07-2017, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought the 1/6 episode was the best in a while. Made me wonder if weighting psychological tests against vets is a real thing or just something they dreamed up, but either way it made for pretty good drama with a satisfying resolution...
Garrett Adams likes this.

CC

post #647 of 743 Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I thought this weeks episode was an interesting twist by the writers. Instead of a cops/bad guys/detectives script, they focused mainly on children (except for the candidates psych exam portion). You had Erin and her rebelling against the family dinners/holidays/birthdays, the two couples fighting over the adopted kid, and Danny & Linda's oldest debating on whether to join the Marines or go to college. Heck-they even had Danny's kid driving the family car. I'm not complaining about this at all. I thought that, for a change, it was nice to have the show centered on the kids. I wouldn't want to see this become a normal event, though. And, speaking of Linda (Amy Carlson), FINALLY she was given some decent air time. I thought her character was really being wasted just being shown at the family dinner scene for so many episodes. Also-has anybody noticed the change in her makeup/appearance the last few episodes? I rather like it. And-speaking of appearance--was it just me, or, did Frank (Selleck) really look washed-out, anemic, tired at the family dinner scene? In other scenes, he looked "normal". Maybe I'm just nit-picking about this. Any opinion by anybody else?
post #648 of 743 Old 01-08-2017, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Enjoyed the episode too. Thought Linda looked a lot older. Didn't really notice the makeup, maybe that was it.
mike1812 likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #649 of 743 Old 01-09-2017, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I thought the 1/6 episode was the best in a while. Made me wonder if weighting psychological tests against vets is a real thing or just something they dreamed up, but either way it made for pretty good drama with a satisfying resolution...
That's why True-False tests are not the best way to go. Should be multiple choice with more of a scale or maybe a box to check "I am a war veteran and it was my job to kill the enemy". That would clear it up.
post #650 of 743 Old 01-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
And, speaking of Linda (Amy Carlson), FINALLY she was given some decent air time. I thought her character was really being wasted just being shown at the family dinner scene for so many episodes.
I agree with this except for one thing: the way Linda was written this episode seemed out of character. This character who at one time got a carry permit without Danny knowing, took a bullet herself in one episode, and has lived for years in a family filled with veterans and cops turns into jello when her son mentions he's considering joining the Marines? So much so that she rushes to Danny's precinct acting like there's an emergency just to tell him?

She's typically been written as a fairly tough cookie. The 'mother being concerned' angle is plausible, but seemed out of place for her as written/acted. It would've been more consistent to see her somewhat concerned, but not freaking out IMO.

Other than that, all around good episode.
post #651 of 743 Old 01-10-2017, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post
I agree with this except for one thing: the way Linda was written this episode seemed out of character. This character who at one time got a carry permit without Danny knowing, took a bullet herself in one episode, and has lived for years in a family filled with veterans and cops turns into jello when her son mentions he's considering joining the Marines? So much so that she rushes to Danny's precinct acting like there's an emergency just to tell him?

She's typically been written as a fairly tough cookie. The 'mother being concerned' angle is plausible, but seemed out of place for her as written/acted. It would've been more consistent to see her somewhat concerned, but not freaking out IMO.

Her baby has suggested that he wants to go in harms way. It's a mother's duty to freak out when her child could be dead next year....

Bobby 

post #652 of 743 Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oh yeah. Many women react differently when it comes to their own children.

Very good episode.
post #653 of 743 Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

I'd agree that they overdid it a bit, but realistically her mindset would be focused on getting him into the right college and paying for it. The kid always seemed more of a geek than Marine material so I could see it being more of a shock for her than if he was a tough guy...

CC

post #654 of 743 Old 01-12-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Good episode.

Now we need a "Baker gets more screen time" episode.
post #655 of 743 Old 01-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Good episode.

I agree with you. BUT-Not to sound sexist-since (in real life) Abigail Hawk is pregnant, I would guess they are going to keep her pretty much in the background until the baby is born. Once again-I agree her character has been a long time underutilized.
post #656 of 743 Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Good episode.

Coming very soon .... next week ...... Baker with more "air time"

Magnepan 1.7's (LR), Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel), Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds), Rythmik F12 (Sub), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's, Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds, Oppo BDP-103 (Audio/Video Source), Oppo UDP-203 (Audio/Video Source), Sony PS4 (Audio/Video Source), LG OLED65B6P (Monitor)
post #657 of 743 Old 01-14-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well Baker got some screen time but in a mostly-filler 39 minute episode it didn't amount to much. I was hoping for more of the no-nonsense take-charge Baker from earlier seasons. Tiptoeing around Frank's lame birthday issues just isn't her style...

CC

post #658 of 743 Old 01-14-2017, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I guess I missed the episode where she announced she was pregnant. Sometime at the end of last season? I'm not sure what Baker could of done differently since it was always an awkward topic in the past according to Frank and Baker herself.
post #659 of 743 Old 01-15-2017, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpileggi View Post
I guess I missed the episode where she announced she was pregnant. Sometime at the end of last season? I'm not sure what Baker could of done differently since it was always an awkward topic in the past according to Frank and Baker herself.
You never missed an episode, she never announced her pregnancy. She just "showed" up pregnant. I'm glad they didn't hide it.

Magnepan 1.7's (LR), Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel), Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds), Rythmik F12 (Sub), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's, Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds, Oppo BDP-103 (Audio/Video Source), Oppo UDP-203 (Audio/Video Source), Sony PS4 (Audio/Video Source), LG OLED65B6P (Monitor)
post #660 of 743 Old 01-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well Baker got some screen time but in a mostly-filler 39 minute episode it didn't amount to much. I was hoping for more of the no-nonsense take-charge Baker from earlier seasons. Tiptoeing around Frank's lame birthday issues just isn't her style...
I agree that her appearance on this week's show was a little bit of a "yawner". But, at least, she finally did get a decent amount of air time for a change. Much like Linda (Carlson) finally got some good air time in a previous show. I think the best appearance of "Baker" was in the episode where a conference/meeting was being held with a number of Chiefs from many different Police departments. She was at the podium and was being heckled/harassed by one of the attendees. She cut him down to size by retorting (with innuendoes) about the small size of his "manhood". Then, later in the show, she investigated him, found evidence of his criminal activity, then presented the evidence at another meeting in front of his peers. Anyway, it was nice that recently both Hawk and Carlson finally got some air time exposure.
taxman48 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page