Disney XDHD Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26

1080p available. Animation looks pretty good, almost WB/Justice League level. Let's hope the writing is halfway decent.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The minisodes were great and looked fantastic. Kind of reminds me of X-Men from the 90s (and should be better than the Avengers show that was a clone of it). Way overdue.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #3 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Dave - You have the wrong date in the title. It's 10/20 and there are episodes at 8:30 and 9p.
post #4 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If you see a mistake in the topic you need to report it and ask the mods to change it. I cannot. I asked the mods to change it.

post #5 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I just caught the minis and you're right, they're really good, with one disturbing exception: Apparently Nazis were removed and the Allies/Captain America no longer fought Nazis in WWII, but Hydra. Clearly this was done to make the show more acceptable to European markets, and a despicable move nevertheless, especially considering that many comic book writers of the time, including Cap's creators (Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Joe Simon, etc) were American Jews.

post #6 of 26 Old 10-29-2010, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Anyone watching this? It's quite good and has started out with a bang, better than WB's Justice League. This is a fairly true to the comics envisioning of The Avengers, with lots of Marvel Comics Easter eggs sprinkled throughout. I still don't quite get how Captain America and The Red Skull can exist without Nazis (and find it a disturbing omission), but otherwise if you're a comic fan it's a must watch.

post #7 of 26 Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I watched the mini marathon they had over the weekend and caught the latest episode on Wednesday. It's good. I'm waiting for Captain America to be found and join the Avengers.
post #8 of 26 Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Anyone watching this? It's quite good and has started out with a bang, better than WB's Justice League. This is a fairly true to the comics envisioning of The Avengers, with lots of Marvel Comics Easter eggs sprinkled throughout.

I tried watching it when it premiered. I watched the first half-hour and didn't bother watch the second. Just didn't appeal to me, story-wise. It was just non-stop action...which bores me. (That is also the problem I have with the Marvel animation direct-to-video releases, compared to the DC ones.) In that respect, I have to disagree that it is better than JUSTICE LEAGUE. For me, it wasn't even equal. But I'll watch another episode and give it another chance.
post #9 of 26 Old 10-29-2010, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post

I tried watching it when it premiered. I watched the first half-hour and didn't bother watch the second. Just didn't appeal to me, story-wise. It was just non-stop action...which bores me. (That is also the problem I have with the Marvel animation direct-to-video releases, compared to the DC ones.) In that respect, I have to disagree that it is better than JUSTICE LEAGUE. For me, it wasn't even equal. But I'll watch another episode and give it another chance.

Did you watch the micro-episodes? They were really the beginning of the story.

post #10 of 26 Old 10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

tried watching a couple too, but was disappointed. It would be much better if they just animated some of the thousands of old comics already written...
post #11 of 26 Old 10-29-2010, 09:27 PM

I like the show I just wish it was an hour long or something like. Everytime I watch an episode I am left wanting more.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #12 of 26 Old 10-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

I like the show I just wish it was an hour long or something like. Everytime I watch an episode I am left wanting more.

Well, then, you are in luck...they are showing 3 in a row on Monday morning. I did sample this morning's episode. While still not up to JUSTICE LEAGUE standards, it was an improvement over "Breaking Out," enough for me to give it another couple of tries.
post #13 of 26 Old 10-30-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Well, then, you are in luck...they are showing 3 in a row on Monday morning. I did sample this morning's episode. While still not up to JUSTICE LEAGUE standards, it was an improvement over "Breaking Out," enough for me to give it another couple of tries.

Thanks but those are just the mini episodes put together which I have already scene.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #14 of 26 Old 10-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
A bit cheesy compared to the recent decent movies marvel animation has made.
post #15 of 26 Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

A bit cheesy compared to the recent decent movies marvel animation has made.

Its on a disney channel what do you expect?

post #16 of 26 Old 10-30-2010, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Actually I think these are better than most of the Marvel/Lionsgate DTV animated movies with exception of Hulk Vs, which was quite excellent. All the rest of them were fairly mediocre and can't really stand up to the DCU movies.

That said, I didn't say this was better than Justice League, I said it's starting off better. As a fan of both DC and Marvel (although more a DC fan) I like the fact they have references to obscure villains like Graviton right off the bat. It took years for JL to do stuff like that.

post #17 of 26 Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Anybody still watching, I'm rather enjoying the series, finally caught up with the Capt. America episode, Directv's DVR scheduler decided I didn't need to record the Friday morning showing(even though I picked it out and set it to record) and instead decided to record the Sunday morning one instead.
post #18 of 26 Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 AM

I watched a few episodes, but it's not drawing me in. In fact, they are rather boring to me. And they've made Thor seem so silly. JL was much better; this doesn't even come close. Maybe that will change in the future.
post #19 of 26 Old 11-24-2010, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

If anybody is still watching, it appears there will be a 13 episode mini marathon on Disney XDHD on Friday, with the final two at 8:30pm and 9:00pm(Gamma World Parts I and II) being the new ones. (My Directv did not schedule these episodes, I suppose because they aren't listed as being in HD, it would not have scheduled them until Friday 12/5 at 2:00pm and 2:30pm because those eps are listed in the guide as HD.

I forgot this is really ABC/Disney and they have no problem moving things around at will.

Looking in the listings there is a new episode listed in the guide on Sunday 12/5 @ 10:00am(ET) entitled Masters of Evil, but it's hard to believe a new episode would be first shown on a Sunday morning at 10:00 am. The listings appear to be changing daily, but it's Disney/ABC so who knows.
post #20 of 26 Old 05-15-2011, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

New episode this morning, repeat at 11:30pm(ET) tonight, if anyone cares.
post #21 of 26 Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I like this show a lot. I wish they hadn't messed with the theme song.

post #22 of 26 Old 05-02-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58960

The show has pretty much been cancelled to start a new Avengers show in line with the kiddy Ultimate Spider-Man series. Too bad because the show has had a great run and is really quite excellent in its 2nd season.

post #23 of 26 Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Two seasons was the original plan.

Season one is out on blu-ray from Canada.

I'm trying to like Spider-Man.

post #24 of 26 Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Marvel Television Unveils Historic "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" First Look & More at Comic-Con International

Posted: 17 hours ago | Updated: 17 hours ago

Official Press Release

Next week, Marvel Television returns to Comic Con International in San Diego and they’re coming with the biggest Super Hero television exclusives of the summer! Join Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, for the Marvel Television Presents panel as he unveils the world premiere first look at Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, the most anticipated new animated super hero series of 2013! Plus, check out an all-new Marvel Mash-Up featuring the Fantastic Four, experience Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H., and watch a full, all-new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man before it airs on Disney XD! You’ll also learn what’s coming next in the world of Marvel Knights Animation…and it’s astonishing!

Fans attending this panel will also receive one of the limited edition Ultimate Spider-Man button, available only at this panel and while supplies last!

“Marvel Universe on Disney XD has been a huge success thanks to our devoted fans and we want to make sure they get the first look at the future of Marvel Television,” explained Loeb. “And if you’re not a Marvel fan yet, I promise you’ll be one after we’re done showing you all this cool animation!”

The Marvel Television Presents panel is on Saturday, July 14 at 10:30am in Room 6BCF. Please note that no video or audio recording equipment may be used at this panel during any time.

Can’t make it to the convention to see Marvel (Booth #2329)? Follow along on the Marvel Events App & events.marvel.com, the best way to get exclusive videos, real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39533

post #25 of 26 Old 07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Marvel Television Unveils Historic "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" First Look & More at Comic-Con International
Posted: 17 hours ago | Updated: 17 hours ago
Official Press Release
Next week, Marvel Television returns to Comic Con International in San Diego and they’re coming with the biggest Super Hero television exclusives of the summer! Join Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, for the Marvel Television Presents panel as he unveils the world premiere first look at Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, the most anticipated new animated super hero series of 2013! Plus, check out an all-new Marvel Mash-Up featuring the Fantastic Four, experience Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H., and watch a full, all-new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man before it airs on Disney XD! You’ll also learn what’s coming next in the world of Marvel Knights Animation…and it’s astonishing!
Most people are horribly teed off at Marvel for canceling Earth's Mightiest Heroes so they can reboot it into the new Avengers Assemble. If people aren't aware, the new show is supposed to be a kid-friendly show like Ultimate Spider-Man with no running storylines.
post #26 of 26 Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Avengers Assemble ‘Echoes’
Tone of Movie, Marvel Confirms

Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 at 8:45am

After what appears to have been a premature announcement about the cancellation of Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Marvel has officially confirmed development of Avengers Assemble in a TV Guide interview with Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada and Head of Television Jeph Loeb.

Although they discussed the previously announced Marvel Animation Studios series Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Loeb offered few details about Avengers Assemble, saying, “We’re still very early on in the process and we don’t give away too much.” In fact, the two didn’t comment at all on the fate of the fan-favorite Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and when asked whether the new projects will find a home on Disney XD, Loeb replied, “I think the best answer for that would be, ‘Wouldn’t that be fantastic?’”

He did, however, confirm that Avengers Assemble is designed to reflect Marvel’s billion-dollar blockbuster. “It’s safe to say that we’re looking at a show that more closely echoes the tone and the feel of the movie,” he told the website.

The initial promo image shows the team lineup from the film — Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye — joined by comic-book mainstay the Falcon. “Falcon is going to be the eyes of the viewer,” Quesada told the website. “He’s a new member of the Avengers so he’s walking through our stories wide-eyed and with wonder and amazed to be a part of it. He’s a little younger than the rest of the cast and a little greener, so he adds an interesting dimension to the team that we think will play really well with the audience.”

Announced at Comic-Con International, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. features the Hulk, Red Hulk, Skaar, She-Hulk and A-Bomb. Eliza Dushku will provide the voice of She-Hulk.

Marvel announced Monday that Ultimate Spider-Man, which was paired with The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes on Disney XD’s new Marvel Universe programming block, has been renewed for a second season.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/06/12/avengers-assemble-closely-echoes-tone-of-movie-marvel-confirms/

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page