AVS Forum banner

BSG:Blood and Chrome on SyFy (coming soon!)

4K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  Mr. Hanky 
#1 ·
Might as well start a thread regarding the new entry in the Battlestar Galactica universe.

How soon do we start calling it by its nickname, The Adventures of Young William Adama?

See less See more
#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1286345/bsg-blood-and-chrome-on-syfy-coming-soon/0_100#post_22981210

They should have gone in this direction rather than the more cerebral 'Caprica'. I liked 'Caprica', but the network overestimated its viewers' intelligence and patience.

I completely agree. I didn't much like Capricorn--it had its moments, but it never managed to make me care about any of its characters. The problem with Blood and Chrome is a set of webisodes which establish that Adama flew one mission in a Viper, got shot down and poked around in a Cylon facility in which experiments on humans were being performed, ostensibly toward development of the human-form Cylons. It turned out to be the last day of the war. Of course, had they moved forward with Blood and Chrome as a series they could have just swept that under the rug

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie  /t/1286345/bsg-blood-and-chrome-on-syfy-coming-soon/0_100#post_22983164

Those weren't webesodes when Adama was on that planet, that was from Razor ...

They were a set of webisodes called Razor Flashbacks . I downloaded them in HD from the Video Marketplace and watched them on my Xbox. They "aired" before Razor was released and were integrated into some of the discs of both Razor and the series.

#59 ·
Guess, I am late to this party. Aside from all of the creative defects (as noted in earlier posts), I really did enjoy seeing this! After being w/o new BSG material for so long, it was like a rejuvenating rain storm hitting my body.
It just felt good to be back in the BSG universe once again.

The casting for Lt. Adama didn't make sense to me, though. He looked way more slender and weakly than I would imagine a young Adama. Usually I don't mind lense flair effects so much as others, but I have to agree the amount that was done here takes it to a whole new level of annoying and obnoxious (unless the point was to simulate if B&C video was shot using a cheap cellphone). I do think the military career of Adama is a goldmine of worthy episodes for a series.

#60 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky  /t/1286345/bsg-blood-and-chrome-on-syfy-coming-soon/30#post_23021817

Guess, I am late to this party. Aside from all of the creative defects (as noted in earlier posts), I really did enjoy seeing this! After being w/o new BSG material for so long, it was like a rejuvenating rain storm hitting my body.
It just felt good to be back in the BSG universe once again.

+1. Was it as good as BSG? Of course not - that show was a brilliant, once-in-a-lifetime gem. But was it better than anything the so-called Syfy channel has given us in recent years other than 'Continuum' and 'Charlie Jade' - both of which are/were produced outside the U.S.? You bet.

#61 ·
I have no doubt this production was done on a more restricted budget than regular BSG, but it is remarkable what they did achieve. That intro sequence must have blown half the budget right there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.