post #362 of 600 Old 03-18-2013, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Karen! I said out loud "Holy F*ck!"

No mention of Jodi this week?

Mickey, abusing Ian as usual. Surprising he's getting married to a woman. I guess he was always bisexual though.
post #363 of 600 Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

And I said... "please let her be dead!"....

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the direction they're going with the Mandy character- she's actually gone from useless/slut to helpful and supportive of Lip. And she tried to take out Karen- so that's bonus points in my book biggrin.gif

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #364 of 600 Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

No mention of Jodi this week?

Mickey, abusing Ian as usual. Surprising he's getting married to a woman. I guess he was always bisexual though.

I think Jodi was there when Debbie showed up to drop Liam off with Shiela, but he left to go to work. Didn't see or hear much about him after that (other than Shiela apologizing for taking up with Karen's husband).

To me it sounds like Mickey got the Russian prostitute pregnant, and his dad is making him marry her.

The preview for next weeks episode looks great, I can't wait.
post #365 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I thought Karen died, she was there motionless with her eyes open, I thought she was a goner for sure, but then when Jimmy was on the hospital they brought her there still alive, that's before watching next episode previews..

Big mistake by Mandy though.. now Lip will be glued to Karen now and maybe he won't to go MIT at all

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #366 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I thought Karen died, she was there motionless with her eyes open, I thought she was a goner for sure, but then when Jimmy was on the hospital they brought her there still alive, that's before watching next episode previews..

Big mistake by Mandy though.. now Lip will be glued to Karen now and maybe he won't to go MIT at all

Yeah, I thought she died too.

Agreed, Lip will be all-over Karen.
post #367 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:

Yeah, I thought she died too.

Agreed, Lip will be all-over Karen.

If memory serves, in the British version, Lip and Mandy are a (forcibly) married couple with the baby...but having to deal with Mandy's criminal family. Karen's working the bar (Kevin & Veronica having left the show about a year after Fiona and Steve left) and involved wth one of Mandy's just-out-of-prison brothers. Wasn't a good way to go, IMHO, and I hope the U.S. series doesn't go in that direction. (Although it already has long since left the plot threads of the original series behind.)

post #368 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, they are changing the story a bit, at least outside the Gallaghers, who's getting married with a child would be now Mandy's brother instead, and I think Kev and Veronica are here to stay...

post #369 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

If memory serves, in the British version, Lip and Mandy are a (forcibly) married couple with the baby...but having to deal with Mandy's criminal family. Karen's working the bar (Kevin & Veronica having left the show about a year after Fiona and Steve left) and involved wth one of Mandy's just-out-of-prison brothers. Wasn't a good way to go, IMHO, and I hope the U.S. series doesn't go in that direction. (Although it already has long since left the plot threads of the original series behind.)

thanks for wrapping that in a spoiler note ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #370 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

thanks for wrapping that in a spoiler note ..

Apologies...but since the new series isn't really following the older one (and even those developments were years ago), I didn't think it'd be needed.

post #371 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Apologies...but since the new series isn't really following the older one (and even those developments were years ago), I didn't think it'd be needed.

Yes, perhaps .. however, since I am watching the original UK series VIA Netflix .. well, you get the idea ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #372 of 600 Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yes, perhaps .. however, since I am watching the original UK series VIA Netflix .. well, you get the idea ..

gotcha

post #373 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice trick by Jody.

Lip finally figuring out what happened was good. I'm sure he's just boiling. Wonder how that will go down, the usual Gallagher revenge?

Frank and those two business men tongue.gif

Congrats to Kev and Veronica as well. I laughed when Kev said something like "I'm using this stick to stir cocktails!" eek.gif

Sucks for Ian finding out Mickey's fiance is a hooker.
post #374 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...Frank and those two business men tongue.gif
And now Frank having to prove his gayness! That should be interesting eek.gif

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #375 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

And now Frank having to prove his gayness! That should be interesting eek.gif

Reminds me of a similar situation on CALIFORNICATION, with Runkel having to do the same. (it was hilarious!) But didn't Frank already have to do this back at the beginning of Season Two? (With even less appealing partners...and in a bathroom?) So it's nothing new for him...in fact, it's a step up!

post #376 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Reminds me of a similar situation on CALIFORNICATION, with Runkel having to do the same. (it was hilarious!) But didn't Frank already have to do this back at the beginning of Season Two? (With even less appealing partners...and in a bathroom?)
Well, even more recently- Frank did get a hummer from that dude "with the Adam's Apple" in the club.
I'm sure Frank will weasel his way out somehow- those two um... gentleman... looked like they meant business eek.gif
In any case- it should be very entertaining biggrin.gif

post #377 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

..And how much of a PITA is V's mom going to be now that she's finally pregnant w/Kev's baby?
I can see a lot of regret coming from this decision in the future.

post #378 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think Frank will feel much, remember he stuck a ton of coke ballons in there, it would be a walk in the park, now he'll have to fake it for Abraham

Well well, that Karen being in a coma lasted so little, but I thought Lip was going to be the one waking her up..

post #379 of 600 Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I don't think Frank will feel much, remember he stuck a ton of coke ballons in there, it would be a walk in the park, now he'll have to fake it for Abraham

And lets not forget all the "training" from Sheila during the first two seasons! (What other TV show can elicit conversations like this!)

Then there's Steve's plans for Michigan. Just when he was able to clear the major hurdle with Fiona...he forgot all about Estefania! On this show, ya just can't catch a break.

post #380 of 600 Old 03-31-2013, 12:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Why is it that hospital scenes in U.S. dramas are constantly getting it wrong when it comes to women in hospital beds. Especially in Karen's situation. And what might that be, you ask?

Women are removed of their bras. Hell, Karen didn't have any panties on, yet she had a bra on. Sorry, no. It is really screwed with medical shows, like Grey's Anatomy, which gets it wrong as well. They make the hospital scene with Karen in the hospital as realistic as possible and they screw up such a simple thing.

Argghh!

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #381 of 600 Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Why is it that hospital scenes in U.S. dramas are constantly getting it wrong when it comes to women in hospital beds. Especially in Karen's situation. And what might that be, you ask?

Women are removed of their bras. Hell, Karen didn't have any panties on, yet she had a bra on. Sorry, no. It is really screwed with medical shows, like Grey's Anatomy, which gets it wrong as well. They make the hospital scene with Karen in the hospital as realistic as possible and they screw up such a simple thing.

Argghh!

Heck< I'm still trying to find a hospital that has the gorgeous nurses we see on TV shows and movies.

post #382 of 600 Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
^^^
True, so very true.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #383 of 600 Old 03-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Man, I can only imagine how Jimmy must have been feeling as he took that walk down the pier. Did they really just kill him off? I suppose a twist could still happen.

post #384 of 600 Old 04-01-2013, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think Jimmy will be fine. The twist has got to be his "caretaker" getting the punishment for not doing his job good enough. We'll see next week. Kind of surprising to see Frank step and not be selfish.
post #385 of 600 Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheT View Post

I think Jimmy will be fine. The twist has got to be his "caretaker" getting the punishment for not doing his job good enough. We'll see next week. Kind of surprising to see Frank step and not be selfish.

Good point, probably his "caretaker" will get the punishment. Nice to indeed see Frank step in, that was surprising!

The wedding was a bit weird. Nice to see the Gallegher's keeping it classy lol biggrin.gif

Poor Karen, she's a bit off now.
post #386 of 600 Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The wedding was a bit weird. Nice to see the Gallegher's keeping it classy lol biggrin.gif.
Yeah, I'm surprised Mickey's father didn't shout out "OK, bring out the Russian!"..... tongue.gif
Too bad Mandy couldn't finish the job on Karen.

post #387 of 600 Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheT View Post

Hard to say what will happen to Jimmy, there doesn't really seem to be any kind of limits to what this show can/will do. I too hope they don't kill him off though.

I guess Frank must not have gone through with it in the hotel room with the two guys, since he was out on the street. Did I miss something, or did they just kind of skip over it?

As far as Frank stepping up and not being selfish, I'm not sure it's that clear cut. I'm thinking he was still acting pretty selfish. It is fall and it's starting to get cold and he has no prospects on a place to live for the winter. So now he's going to go to jail, where he will have 3 meals a day, a nice warm bed, etc. We actually had a homeless person here in Peoria that used to do something every fall to get himself arrested and thrown in jail for the winter. Throw bricks through a bunch of business windows, rob empty cars/houses etc. Usually just smaller stuff so he would get 6 months or so, that way he was inside all winter, and then back on the streets in the sping when the weather started getting better.
post #388 of 600 Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I thought the transition with Frank as the darling of the gay movement and the Church "cure" was very weak .. I mean, he just went to sleeping on the bus just like that .. ?? Or did I miss something .. ??

I hope Jimmy is not in for the end just yet .. but he does seem to be set up that way .. he's either going to Michigan or he's being dumped in Lake Michigan .. I don't know if the writers intentionally wrote it that way but it does seem like a coincidence ..

Uncle Willie

post #389 of 600 Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Good points about Frank and the storyline. There wasn't any mention of the two guys fighting over his loyalty. If that storyline is gone, what a weak way to end it.

Beerstalker,
Good point about Frank getting himself arrested so he can be "taken care of" for the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn 
I hope Jimmy is not in for the end just yet .. but he does seem to be set up that way .. he's either going to Michigan or he's being dumped in Lake Michigan .. I don't know if the writers intentionally wrote it that way but it does seem like a coincidence ..
For sure, that's what it seems like. I also hope Jimmy isn't gone just yet.
post #390 of 600 Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think another possibility is Jimmy will be "deported" to Brazil to live with his wife. This is assuming that her father is unable to overturn the deportation. Either way, Fiona will have no idea what happened to him. Although, I suppose Jimmy's "caretaker" could tell her, but that would depend on how much the the "caretaker" actually liked Jimmy.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page