AVS Forum banner
149K views 3K replies 216 participants last post by  blade005 
#1 ·
#1,877 ·
Slow episode, but I liked most of it even though you knew it was coming. It was refreshing to see main characters cleaned up and acting normal, they sure looked different without all the dirt on them.

This episode really hammered home how much I would love to see an episode dedicated to the first day the aliens arrive and they start attacking.

#1,881 ·
Man Tom's wife was surely pretty and looking young for having an adult son and 2 other kids..

#1,882 ·
The actress that played Rebecca Mason is supposedly 34. No different than and older actor playing a younger person.

Besides I know a several mother/daughter couples that get mistaken for sisters. IN one couple the daughter is in her twenties and people think her mom is also in her twenties even though she is in her forties. And other couple the daughter is in her forties and the Mom is in her sixties. they also get mistaken for sisters because her mom looks like she is in her thirties or forties even though she is in her mid sixties.

In the last one it's mother, daughter, and grand daughter. You would almost think they were all twins. Although in this situtation it's obvious there are age differences but no one can ever guess that one in in their mid sixties, the other is her forties and the grand daughter is 20.

#1,883 ·
Well at least we had some Moon acting, of course hiding behind a table with loose clothing..

#1,884 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1860#post_23556308

The actress that played Rebecca Mason is supposedly 34. No different than and older actor playing a younger person.

In the last one it's mother, daughter, and grand daughter. You would almost think they were all twins. Although in this situtation it's obvious there are age differences but no one can ever guess that one in in their mid sixties, the other is her forties and the grand daughter is 20.

So the actor who plays the son, Hal, is almost 30, and the actress who plays the mom is 34. So she had him when she was 6.

As for the GM/M/D resemblance...the daughter must look really "mature."

#1,885 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1860#post_23552031

Yeah, last nights episode was rather blah. With only two left this season it's time to kick it into high gear.

I have to agree .. it was like a "Wizard of Oz" style flashback where the characters were the same only playing a different role .. it had nothing to do with anything really .. an attempt to get Mason to spill his guts on the location took up the bulk of the show and played thru as some semi-lame mind meld trickery ..

#1,889 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1860#post_23554618

Uhm, didn't you see him grab the skitter and jump off the ledge. He then got out of that area on his own. They showed, in the last scene, that his house was very close to the alien base he escaped from so it wasn't that long of a walk.

Yeah, you're right, I was only paying half attention to the show and had thought that was another dream sequence. Very convenient that Tom ended up just a hop away from his home. I can really see that happening.

#1,891 ·
But that Tower is in Boston, isn't it? so his house should be near. (and if I was Karen I would look for him in his house), the skitters took him there (by ship or mech), now walking back to Charleston will be a challenge

#1,892 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1890#post_23559052

But that Tower is in Boston, isn't it? so his house should be near. (and if I was Karen I would look for him in his house), the skitters took him there (by ship or mech), now walking back to Charleston will be a challenge

Maybe he'll find a fully gassed up, working vehicle like Pope did.

#1,893 ·
I haven't posted here in A LONG TIME, but I have to say this past Sunday's episode had some issues for me, as well, both inside the forced dreams and even AFTER.

First, even if he didn't realize many of the folks in his forced dream at the University were people he didn't meet in real life until after the invasion (such as Pope -- ESPECIALLY Pope!), it would seem he might still cue in on some things at his "home" that just seemed WAY OFF for Boston...

For instance, the big plant just beside his steps, near the top -- the one with the funny leaves -- I'm pretty sure that's a Fatsia japonica. That's BARELY hardy here where I live in Climate Zone 7b (it's really more like 8a, but they still officially call this 7b -- the plant is listed as hardy from 8-10). And there were other plants outside the "home," along the streets, that were all green and some looked semi-tropical, more like Charleston (or maybe Jacksonville -- I lived there briefly and have spent enough time in Charleston to know the area). At any rate, almost NONE of the plants in Boston should have been green on Dec. 14, which was the supposed date.

I couldn't tell at the end of the show when he went back to the house if the "Fatsia" was there or not, as it was dark and the house was now in the ruins it should be, BUT, either way, I can't understand WHY the Espheni would move him 800 miles up the coast for interrogations -- especially when we know Karen had been right there in the greater Charleston area. His escape also seemed a bit too easy.

That leads me to believe he must still be in yet another layer of dream, one that's finally convincing enough that he'll think he's free, maybe. Previews for the next couple episodes appear to imply they'll have to trust a possibly compromised Tom again... What if it's not the Third Mass. and Charleston trusting him, at all, but him finally giving away secret plans to the Espheni in a dream they've finally made real enough for him to believe?

I sure hope they haven't jumped the shark on this one... If they try to convince us this dude walks from Boston to Charleston in anything less than weeks (even in a dream)... well, that'll just be sad.

Jeff

#1,894 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1860#post_23556308

Besides I know a several mother/daughter couples that get mistaken for sisters. IN one couple the daughter is in her twenties and people think her mom is also in her twenties even though she is in her forties. And other couple the daughter is in her forties and the Mom is in her sixties. they also get mistaken for sisters because her mom looks like she is in her thirties or forties even though she is in her mid sixties.

Stop it, Aaron! You're getting some of us excited!

#1,895 ·

Quote:

I'm going to have to accept your story about the "mistaken for sisters". I've seen some that come pretty close but a mom will always act like a mom and there is no mistaking "youth" especially with young women. I have an 18 year old daughter so maybe I'm immune?

Regarding the show, I hope they don't drag out the "dream" for too long a period if indeed he's still dreaming.

#1,899 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1890#post_23562841

After seeing his wife and baby girl in a cocoon he's is in no shape to drive, perhaps he can take a bus or a train

Djoel[/quote

Well, heck, if he can do that, why not just skip on down to Logan International and "Fly United," or sumpthin'???

Seriously, though, unless the writers come up with something really tricky to explain the ending of last week's episode, I see no way he's not still dreaming, or something.

Jeff]

Reactions: Djoel
#1,901 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat  /t/1301566/falling-skies-on-tnt-hd/1890#post_23562242

I liked the episode. At least the writing didn't seem 'lazy' as people are always complaining about. I thought dream within a dream was a nice touch
+1

I also liked it. Nice to see some of the cast cleaned up for a change.

I don't really see it as a "money saver" episodes- all new sets were needed for several scenes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.