'Falling Skies' on TNT HD - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2821 of 2841 Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I'm willing to bet you won't find a series recording for this show on Spielberg's DVR. His EP check is probably direct-deposited.
As bad as FS has become, it pales in comparison to Under The Dumb!
Think Mr. King has ever watched an episode of that rubbish? I'm sure he has no problem cashing the checks though

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 2841 Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Also... have they named all the other Volm after American Indians? Or do the other Volm not even get names at all?
"We are all Kosh"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
At this point... I kind of want the aliens to win I think.
Which aliens?
post #2823 of 2841 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1206 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post

Which aliens?
Doesn't matter.
post #2824 of 2841 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Oh the show has "hit the gas" already, just not the type of gas you were expecting!
This show propelled by flatulence!
Keenan likes this.
post #2825 of 2841 Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
As bad as FS has become, it pales in comparison to Under The Dumb!
Think Mr. King has ever watched an episode of that rubbish? I'm sure he has no problem cashing the checks though
He was probably endorsed it and then wore a disguise when cashing the check.
replayrob likes this.
post #2826 of 2841 Old Today, 05:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1941 Post(s)
Liked: 1226
I did a bit of head scratching last night when I watched Sunday's episode off the DVR. Considering the show didn't get canceled mid season with the writers trying to wrap up things in a hurry the last few episodes have been puzzling. It seems like they had to find a quick way to kill off Pope (presuming he's actually dead) which was not exactly dramatic and felt more like an afterthought, but at the same time they bring Lexi back for most of the episode only to kill her. I honestly have no idea what to expect in the finale, other than it's not likely to make much sense. I do know I'm looking forward to the Queen being a giant crustacean though.
post #2827 of 2841 Old Today, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I did a bit of head scratching last night when I watched Sunday's episode off the DVR. Considering the show didn't get canceled mid season with the writers trying to wrap up things in a hurry the last few episodes have been puzzling. It seems like they had to find a quick way to kill off Pope (presuming he's actually dead) which was not exactly dramatic and felt more like an afterthought, but at the same time they bring Lexi back for most of the episode only to kill her. I honestly have no idea what to expect in the finale, other than it's not likely to make much sense. I do know I'm looking forward to the Queen being a giant crustacean though.
Hopefully they'll get an actress with prior experience, like Moira from Arrow...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #2828 of 2841 Old Today, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 415
I predict at this point, with how many of you love to bash this season/show now, the finale will generate mostly posts where someone is saying it is a letdown or horrible, or glad it is over, or this or that couldn't happen, etc.

post #2829 of 2841 Old Today, 10:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So basically people are going to watch the finale and post their thoughts about it here?!?!?

With the ability to make such specific predictions like that I'm surprised people aren't lined up at your door looking for lotto numbers.
Zookster and ambesolman like this.
post #2830 of 2841 Old Today, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I predict at this point, with how many of you love to bash this season/show now, the finale will generate mostly posts where someone is saying it is a letdown or horrible, or glad it is over, or this or that couldn't happen, etc.
We've already been saying this about the regular season

I won't be glad it's over, because unlike the now un-watchable "Under The Dumb"- no matter how goofy FS became... it was still entertaining for most of it's run.
Gary147852 likes this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #2831 of 2841 Old Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 1355
Quote:

Thanks, Carnac.

Most people in here are having fun bashing the show in a lot of entertaining and creative ways. I like the thread at least as much as the show at this point. Do you know someone that works on the show or something?
Stereodude and cctvtech like this.
post #2832 of 2841 Old Today, 10:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
So basically people are going to watch the finale and post their thoughts about it here?!?!?

With the ability to make such specific predictions like that I'm surprised people aren't lined up at your door looking for lotto numbers.
Imagine that! On an Internet forum! About TV entertainment! Who'd have thunk it!
Stereodude and cctvtech like this.
post #2833 of 2841 Old Today, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Thanks, Carnac.

Most people in here are having fun bashing the show in a lot of entertaining and creative ways. I like the thread at least as much as the show at this point. Do you know someone that works on the show or something?
Nope and I usually don't care if we watch it or not. Just seems that no matter how the end it, the posters on here will not like it. I don't think there is anything they can do that will redeem this season or make everyone happy. So many people were hoping it would go this way or that way and now that it has derailed, its not possible to redeem themselves in the one episode that is left. If I did know someone I would give them a but kicking for ruining a promising show and giving the fans this kind of send off.

Last edited by WilliamR; Today at 11:37 AM.
post #2834 of 2841 Old Today, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

l will try to be clearer for you. The point was, its not possible for the show to redeem itself now or end that is going to satisfy the majority of the posters. Since they have ruined this season and gone in a direction most disagree with, and with all the bashing seen on here, I highly doubt that last episode is going to be satisfying to the posters and generate posts stating they loved it, satisfying ending, that is how I wanted it to end, etc. They can't redeem themselves in one episode so I think the finale is going to be mostly negative.

The writers blew their chance to appease the fans and they threw in the towel as they looked for new jobs.

post #2835 of 2841 Old Today, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Throw in a short season and episodes where they introduce a new family farm for no reason and take up a whole episode as they wander around this farm, its like the writers just said screw it, we can't finish this show in a few episodes so lets just do whatever we want. No build up or anything.

post #2836 of 2841 Old Today, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Holy crapoli.
I forgot this was coming back on and have been missing EVERYTHING! I am afraid to look at any of these posts!!!!

arggghhhhh! How am I ever going to catch up now?!??!?
post #2837 of 2841 Unread Today, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Throw in a short season and episodes where they introduce a new family farm for no reason and take up a whole episode as they wander around this farm, its like the writers just said screw it, we can't finish this show in a few episodes so lets just do whatever we want. No build up or anything.
Maybe they figured if Christopher Guest can just throw out a few ideas and let everybody wing it, why can't they?
WilliamR likes this.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #2838 of 2841 Unread Today, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Maybe they figured if Christopher Guest can just throw out a few ideas and let everybody wing it, why can't they?
It has more of the feel of using a focus group of 2nd to 5th grader boys to cook up the plots. You can just picture it. Some little boys sitting around a table talking about flying aliens, spaceships, people suddenly appearing, then getting blown up, etc... Of course with no concern for the preposterousness or hilarity of said plot elements.
post #2839 of 2841 Unread Today, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think their budget got cut when it was canceled. Lots of episodes have been very "talky", and that is a sure sign of budget restrictions, especially in a special effects driven Sci Fi show.

I know it seems that I am making excuses for the writers. I assure you, I'm not. There is no excuse for the writers of this season! That said, they are probably writing with one hand tied behind their back.
Garrett Adams likes this.
post #2840 of 2841 Unread Today, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
they are probably writing with one hand tied behind their back.

I doubt many are ambidextrous to begin with[emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #2841 of 2841 Unread Today, 04:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
I doubt many are ambidextrous to begin with[emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
Falling Skies writers hard at work...

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Falling Skies The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Falling Skies The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Falling by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page