'Falling Skies' on TNT HD - Page 97 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 329
What I find hard to believe well unless this is some sort of alternate Universe that the writes didn't allude us to it! Never in a million year a Hispanic gal will sit back and let the other woman take her man, especially after sharing a kiss, never would she go out gracefully, nope!

Djoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 105D, HTPC 16TB Jriver 20, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv1983 View Post
Wow. I can't believe how much hate there is here for Falling Skies. The entire show has been AWESOME. Most sci-fi shows get cancelled before they get a real end and instead we are given crime drama after crime drama that's almost always the same damn thing. Falling Skies was good sci-fi that actually got a real end. The last scene was excellent.
This. Definitely.

This was an enjoyable run. The curmudgeons here may not have liked it (they are forever seeking the never-coming perfect show), but i quite enjoyed this show - start to finish. As you say, I look back now and see this as (what is now rare) quality sci-fi, with a bit of an edge occasionally too. It was not the usual antiseptic, sanitized-looking set, but IMO a reasonable facsimile of what a situation on Earth might look like in this scenario, complete with grime, muck, and attitude. It wasn't BSG, but it was pretty damn good IMO. I thought the dialogue was fairly good, and I enjoyed most of the cast as well. Stack up the really good sci fi series, and in my book there won't be too many better than this to date. Cheers to TNT for sticking with it and giving it a proper ending.
post #2883 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 140
This show was a lot of fun but I admit I sit in the camp that didn't like the final direction that it went. This reminded me of what Star Trek did with The Borg. When odds seem great and the enemy not so definable, it brings a good amount of anxiety for the audience. The minute there is a "queen" that is all too human, it undoes all the great seasons that came before. I guess Noah was in a hurry to get back to "The Librarian" - sigh.
post #2884 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Liked: 859
The Espheni's leader is... Arachnia! Queen of the Spider People!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
it's good to be part of the Mason family so you don't have to die and stay dead!
...unless you're Lexi. Then you die, come back to life, then die again.
post #2885 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 209
So how does Pope in his condition even track Tom to that secret beach location that only Tom knew about? That was more magical than Annie coming back to life.

And why do heroes always have to chat with the big bad villain before finishing them off resulting in a needless "fight"?

It was nice seeing everyone cleaned up at the end, but I'm glad it's over.
post #2886 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 332
I liked it.
post #2887 of 2889 Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
When did Tom and Anne even have time to make that happen recently? That's a serious question.
Sounds like you need to go back to sex education class. Plenty of time has gone by since his return to do it at least once, especially right after he came back.

The comment about Pope being able to find Tom at that beach was right on. I wondered how he could have done that as well.

Not only that, that beach was a long was from D.C., so how did Tom get there that fast?

Even with all of the weird things that have happened in this series, I have enjoyed it.

One last thing, I love the fact that the episode was 46:54 in length. Why can't all hour-long shows on all networks be 47 min again!!!! I know wishful thinking. There oughta be a law.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #2888 of 2889 Old Today, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Liked: 859
Even 47 is conservative. They used to be 50+.
post #2889 of 2889 Old Today, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am a huge Falling Skies fan and tried to make the finale work but just can't. In my dream world, Spielberg would have come in for the final episode and made it awesome AND 2 HOURS LONG as it should have been after we invested 5 years into it. It almost seems like they decided they wouldn't make any more money on the show so drop it like it's hot. It seems like they left lots of this episode on the cutting room floor.

If you're gonna steal material from Aliens with the eggs, then get Noah some tips from Sigourney on a kick ass fight with a queen. I knew Pope would be back, but use him in the final fight to redeem himself, kicking some skitters ass that are guarding the queen to allow Tom to reach the queen instead.

The concept of the final story was OK but executed poorly. Show Mason militia fighting for their lives in the streets as Tom holds a conversation with the queen.

I can only hope that someone on Youtube comes up with some good fan fiction to replace the finale with something better.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Falling Skies The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Falling Skies The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Falling by PriceGrabber.com