AVS Forum banner
149K views 3K replies 216 participants last post by  blade005 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Looks like a great show!

Anyone check out the webcomic? I have a hard copy of the first issue that I got from work[I work for a marketing company that is doing some of the campaigning for the comic and TNT's upcoming television series] and I like what I have been seeing.

The pace is frantic, the series storyboards the frantic events of an alien invasion, which places Tom Mason, and his three sons, Hal, Ben and Matt in a struggle to survive as they fight back against the aliens that have invaded the earth.

Here's the trailer over on FanBolt: Fanbolt Fallen Skies Trailer

TNT also has a 2nd mass site chronicling the diary of one of the main characters which provides unique insight: Falling Skies - 2nd Mass

I enjoy the series and I think I will enjoy the television show a lot when it airs this summer, especially as the comic is kinda a prequel to the events of TNT's drama. Also being executive produced by Steven Spielberg will ensure the show's quality.

#10 ·
Watching the trailer for Battle:LA makes me think it's a prequel to this show. I know it isn't but I wonder if one "borrowed" the idea from the other in the way that Hollywood does.

They both seemed to have been conceived at roughly the same time.

#11 ·
Saw the trailer over the weekend .. looked pretty good (of course most trailers do .. ) .. I'll be watching and keeping my fingers crossed ..

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/20148351

Actually looks pretty good.

Too bad it's on TNT. I'd love to support it as it airs, but I'll have to wait until it hits streaming or disc (can't stand all the screen clutter TNT uses). Even the preview on their website has a huge graphic in the lower-right

One of these days somebodies going to invent a gadget that takes those constant commericials/network logos out .. and make a solid fortune ..

The next big wave is product placement .. not only should we be subjected to logos and graphics while the show is on, but since so many DVR and skip commericials, we'll see more and more prominently placed products

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn /forum/post/20148398

One of these days somebodies going to invent a gadget that takes those constant commericials/network logos out .. and make a solid fortune ..s

I've thought about just matting my TV so it's in a constant 2.35:1 ratio. Unfortunately the popups and logos have gotten so big, stretching into the entire bottom half of the screen, that I'd only be blocking about 1/2 of them.

My solution is just to quit watching TV. I find myself purposely avoiding stuff like this and just watching it on FiOS's VOD or just waiting for them to hit Netflix streaming or Blu-Ray. If you watch Stargate Universe, it's approximately 500% less annoying to watch it on VOD (No station logo or popups about Ghost Hunters), and it's up the next day anyways, which is when I normally would be watching my DVR recording.

Of course, it's only a matter of time before they start putting this stuff into the VOD feeds as well.

Strayed off topic. Point is, I won't be watching this just because it's on TNT....I'll just catch it on disc or streaming or VOD...

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/20452689

Surprised this isn't getting more conversation considering it's starting in a month from now. Considering FS will be one of the only sci-fi shows on US TV it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

With the loss of "V", "The Event" and others, I'm looking forward to it ..

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/20452689

Surprised this isn't getting more conversation considering it's starting in a month from now. Considering FS will be one of the only sci-fi shows on US TV it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Whenever I see the ads all I can think is that it looks like a Syfy Saturday night B-movie. I'll give it a watch with low expectations. Maybe it'll surprise me. o_O

#23 ·
Also looking forward to this one. Battle:LA comes out on disc the Tuesday before this premieres, so TNT has a bit of extra advertising helping them out.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S /forum/post/20466769

stephen king's nightmares and dreamscapes a few years ago was pretty horrible....i'm not holding my breath on this one. Looks like they're trying to capitalize on the "apocalyptic event -> band of survivors" theme like The Walking Dead (which is a helluva show).

I'm just hoping that with Spielberg involved, it turns out to be good ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.