AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 201
TV Notes
Harry's Law Parts Ways With Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen
By Matt Webb Mitovich and Michael Ausiello, TVLine.com - June 7th, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: The jury is in, and it appears neither Brittany Snow nor Aml Ameen will be a part of the second season of Harry’s Law.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Snow and Ameen have parted was with show in what an insider describes as a “mutual decision” with producers. Both actors have been invited to return as guest stars.

The NBC legal dramedy from David E. Kelley opened strong at midseason and with decent numbers throughout its freshman run — and opposite heavy (and sexier) hitters Castle and Hawaii Five-0 — made a case for renewal. Yet along the way, it could be argued, it never knew quite what to do with Jenna and Malcolm, the secretary and street kid-turned-paralegal respectively played by Snow and Ameen.

Still accepting cases at Harriet’s Law & Fine Shoes are series lead Kathy Bates and Nate Corddry.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/harrys...now-aml-ameen/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 129 Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 36
It will be interesting to see how they change things up.
post #93 of 129 Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Even though Brittany Snow was nice to look at, she added absolutely nothing to this show IMO.
post #94 of 129 Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 563
I had thought from the beginning that Malcolm, played by Ami Ameen, didn't add much to the show, so I was not bothered by the knowledge that he was being written out. Brittany Snow's Jenna was another matter, though. I liked her dizzy cheerfulness because if served to balance Harry's angst and make some sense of the antic proposition of a combination law office and ladies' shoe store. I, too, will be interested to see what the writers do with this aspect of the show next season.
post #95 of 129 Old 06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 183
I just posted this in the HOTP thread, but I probably should've posted it here instead.

I really like this move. IMO, Snow's whiny, self-centered character added absolutely nothing to the show. I didn't mind Ameen's character but I don't think the show will miss it.
post #96 of 129 Old 06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 457
I'll miss Snow as she was quite fetching.

http://www.maxim.com/amg/girls/girls.../brittany+snow
post #97 of 129 Old 06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Immensely so but I agree w/ the others, not much of an addition to the series.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #98 of 129 Old 06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 138
If their being cut means we'll see more of Tommy Jefferson I'm all for the adjustments.
post #99 of 129 Old 06-13-2011, 06:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

If their being cut means we'll see more of Tommy Jefferson I'm all for the adjustments.

I agree. Tommy has the magic David E. Kelley combination of character traits that we have seen in so many of his characters of arrogance, charm, and vulnerability.
post #100 of 129 Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

He obviously watched William Shatner in Boston Legal in developing his character.

post #101 of 129 Old 06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree. Tommy has the magic David E. Kelley combination of character traits that we have seen in so many of his characters of arrogance, charm, and vulnerability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

He obviously watched William Shatner in Boston Legal in developing his character.

Yep, Denny Crane, World's Greatest Lawyer, and Tommy Jefferson, World's Greatest Lawyer, do have a lot in common, don't they?
post #102 of 129 Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 154
kookoo for coco puffs!!!

Tommy Jefferson
post #103 of 129 Old 07-10-2011, 02:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

TV Notes
Broadway star Karen Olivo joins 'Harry's Law' as part of second season strategy
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - July 8th, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: Broadway actress Karen Olivo has nabbed a coveted series regular role on NBC's Harry's Law as part of writer-producer David E. Kelley's second-season strategy.

This fall, Kathy Bates' curmudgeonly defense attorney Harry Korn will start landing larger cases as her reputation rises. One of those clients will be played by Alfred Molina, who will appear in a three-episode arc at the start of the season as a murder suspect. Harry will also get some help, hiring a new hotshot lawyer played by Olivo. And with James Spader stepping into Bates' CEO job on The Office, the award-winning actress will be free to fully focus on Harry's Law.

Olivo originated the role of Vanessa in In the Heights and won a Tony for a performance in a production of West Side Story. She made headlines last year when her award-winning turn in West Side was unexpectedly cut short after a tragic stage accident that broke her foot. [The door] clipped me on the shoulder as I was in full stride, Olivo told Broadway.com. Then I put my foot down, but it folded under me and I went down on the ground. I got up and fell again. Then I just crawled offstage, in full view of the audience.

Olivo quickly bounced back to TV, where she landed a multi-episode arc in CBS' The Good Wife and, now, Harry's Law.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/08/ka...vo-harrys-law/
post #104 of 129 Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if Spader will sit on the patio w/ Tommy and smoke cigars and drink fine liquor?

post #105 of 129 Old 07-10-2011, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I wonder if Spader will sit on the patio w/ Tommy and smoke cigars and drink fine liquor?

Possibly if they were on the same show together.
post #106 of 129 Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

TV Notes
Christopher McDonald Passes Bar, Will Become Regular On 'Harry's Law'
By The Deadline.com Team - July 11th, 2011

Christopher McDonald, whose character Tommy Jefferson recurred last season on NBC's Harry's Law, has been upped to series regular for the upcoming season, which kicks off Sept. 21 on a new night and time period: Wednesdays at 9 PM.

It's the latest casting move for the legal drama, which last week added Tony winner Karen Olivo (West Side Story) as a regular, playing a new associate at the law firm run by Kathy Bates' Harry. The series, from David E. Kelley and Warner Bros TV, also inked a deal with former Law & Order: LA star Alfred Molina for a three-episode arc as a man accused of murdering his wife.

McDonald, who also recently appeared on the small screen in HBO's Boardwalk Empire, is repped by Gersh, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Andrew E. Freedman Public Relations.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/chri...on-harrys-law/
post #107 of 129 Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 56
So, what did everyone think of the season premiere?

I personally have mixed feelings about it. I'm not so keen on this whole big firm deal. Part of the charm of this show was that it was just this little rinky dink firm that took on the cases of the "little guy" vs the "big bully". Now she has a large firm with a bunch of employees and now she's trying a huge murder case. It just doesn't feel like the same show now.
post #108 of 129 Old 09-23-2011, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

So, what did everyone think of the season premiere?

I personally have mixed feelings about it. I'm not so keen on this whole big firm deal. Part of the charm of this show was that it was just this little rinky dink firm that took on the cases of the "little guy" vs the "big bully". Now she has a large firm with a bunch of employees and now she's trying a huge murder case. It just doesn't feel like the same show now.

I thought it was a real jolt when she got out of the elevator and walked into a hustling, bustling law firm. Very strange at first.

Of course, Molina is great. I thought Brittany Snow was gone? I hope they don't over user Tommy. Could be too much of a good thing.

Anyway, after the initial shock the show seemed to settle into a routine, although the subplot with the artist was unnecessary. Probably just to flesh out the new character in the show.

Besides that, still better than most of the shows on TV.
post #109 of 129 Old 09-23-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought it was hard to follow the transition from the shoe store office to the big law firm digs. Also seemed like Tommy really boned up on his Denny Crane imitation.

post #110 of 129 Old 09-23-2011, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I, too, was lost in the opening scene. Did I miss something---how did they go from the start-up practice she had (in last years shows), to this large firm all of a sudden? Did "Tommy" bring his workers with him to make this a large firm? I still really like the show-I just don't understand this years opening scene.
post #111 of 129 Old 10-06-2011, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
whoa, that chick had those crazy eyes. i really enjoyed the opening 3 episodes. love how they finally got to DA
post #112 of 129 Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Did I miss something---how did they go from the start-up practice she had (in last years shows), to this large firm all of a sudden? Did "Tommy" bring his workers with him to make this a large firm? I still really like the show-I just don't understand this years opening scene.

I ascribe the changes to network meddling. It didn't kill much enjoyment for me, as Bates is never less than excellent and the ensemble is coming together as first rate. Not great drama or even great dramady, but a really fun TV show, and sometimes that is enough.

CW Hinkle
post #113 of 129 Old 10-06-2011, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The show does have a different feeling this season. Gone, apparently, are the street guy cases with the shoe store office. It felt more procedural. But Kathy Bates is so much fun to watch. This is definitely on our to-watch list.
post #114 of 129 Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

TV Notes
Harry's Law' Gets Order For 6 More Scripts
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - October 11th, 2011

NBC has given struggling sophomore dramedy Harry's Law an order for six additional scripts. Because the series was a midseason replacement last year, its original second-season order was for 13 episodes. While short of a back episodic order, the script pickup still represents a vote of confidence for Harry's Law, which has faced an uphill battle in its new Wednesday 9 PM slot this fall.

But while its Live+Same Day adults 18-49 rating has been underwhelming, stuck at a 1.2 for the past two weeks, the show received some good news yesterday when it got a 42% lift in Live+7 to a 1.7 demo rating. Additionally, David E. Kelley's legal dramedy, which seems perfectly suited for Friday night, draws substantial audiences, most recently averaging 8.5 million viewers in Live+SD. (For premiere week, the series' viewership grew to a 9.8 million viewers after a 30% DVR bump in Live+7.)

NBC brass also has been behind the show, most recently running back-to-back repeats of Harry's Law in primetime this past Saturday.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/harr...-more-scripts/
post #115 of 129 Old 10-13-2011, 09:08 AM

I enjoyed last night's show about the female blogger that "outed" a person whom then committed suicide. I agree with the writer's decision that, according to the facts presented, the blogger goes free. I was glad to see Brittany written out of the show--she really added nothing. The departure scene was well done-a nice tear-jerker.But-I have one BIG gripe. When Harry was giving closing arguments to the jury, one of her statements REALLY caught my attention. Harry was going on and on about how this wasn't the girl's fault--that society is now full of violence and hate. And, that the girl just fell into the mindset of society's hate mode. Harry stated (I'm paraphrasing) that "Even the broadcast media is spewing this hatred. Look at Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter, etc." Note that ALL the people she mentioned are conservatives. HEY---HOW ABOUT MENTIONING THE HATRED FROM THE LIBERALS? People like Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, Jesse Jackson (sr. & jr.), "Rev." Wright, Al Sharpton also vent out hatred. Yet, the people of this spectrum were ignored in Harry's speech. The way Harry presented it, I could only infer that media hatred speech comes from conservatives. If anybody has contact with the writers for this show, how about daring them (in a future episode) to write in something similar to last nights speech only including liberal's names? After seeing that speech last night, I almost shut off the tv. How extremely blatantly biased this was.
post #116 of 129 Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I think Keith Olbermann was actually mentioned.
post #117 of 129 Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM

If Olberman was mentioned, I did not hear it. If so, I apologize for my first posting.
post #118 of 129 Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
gpg

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recall hearing Olberman's name too.
post #119 of 129 Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Bill Maher was mentioned.
post #120 of 129 Old 10-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Bill Maher was also mentioned. He's not conservative.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page