Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Anyone know who that lady was standing with the Phil at the end. Wow, she was absolutely beautiful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Anyone know who that lady was standing with the Phil at the end. Wow, she was absolutely beautiful.

According to Phil's blog, her name is Fiorella Migliore.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Wow, I just saw Phil's twitter and it was NOT Maradona last week in Argentina. I'm not really a soccer fan, but know enough and I was definitely thinking that it was him.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post

Off to Google I go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
What I am missing here?

Phil claimed that the pilot and wife were the only contestants to have ever survived not completing a challenge and yet Boston Rob (intentionally) did not complete the food eating challenge took the penalty and survived.

Is Phil playing some Clintonesque word game where it depends on what the meaning of "not completed" is?

Anyway, I'm liking the Kentucky Boys more and more. Lying to the Mississippi Girls about the watermelon task and taking their cab was a great Boston Rob style move.

I'll still backing the Faux Teachers for now, but it they get eliminated, I'll probably switch to the Kentucky Boys.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Just to follow up on the "not completed" issue. For those who didn't see or don't recall all the details of Boston Rob taking the penalty, here's good coverage of it in this MSNBC Today article:
Rob's most controversial action involved a unique interpretation of the rules. In early seasons, failing to perform at a task resulted in a race-ending 24-hour-penalty for a team. (Mother and daughter Nancy and Emily were eliminated from the race during the first season after incurring such a penalty). But with that penalty now reduced to four hours, Rob played the odds. He refused to eat four pounds of meat, and then convinced other teams to join him in quitting. It was a brilliant strategy: he skipped the task and ensured that he wouldn't be eliminated, as his fellow quitters would be behind him.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM

Liked: 10
From Phil on Twitter: A to Q Rob skipped the RB in AR7 ep. but he and Amber did the Detour first, #DaveandRachel completed no challenges at all but stayed in!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUPirates View Post

From Phil on Twitter: A to Q Rob skipped the RB in AR7 ep. but he and Amber did the Detour first, #DaveandRachel completed no challenges at all but stayed in!

Exactly, pilot and wife finished the leg without completing either task. That's what has never been done before.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't recall Phil being that specific about skipping "all' the challenges. I'll have to go back and watch it again.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post

Holy Paraguayan matt girl Batman! That girl's got some haunting, kind of forlorn looking eyes. Is this what Mick Jagger meant when he sang about the girl with the Far Away Eyes?

ron
Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Anyway, I'm liking the Kentucky Boys more and more. Lying to the Mississippi Girls about the watermelon task and taking their cab was a great Boston Rob style move.

My first thoughts on the Kentuckians was "Here we go .. rubes .. let's have them wrestle a gator .. " but I'm liking them more and more .. .. for some reason, one of them reminds me of Jim Varney .. "Ernest P Worel" .. which I'm sure many on here have no idea what I'm talking about ..

The twins were disappointing .. I would have thought they had more fighting spirit ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

My first thoughts on the Kentuckians was "Here we go .. rubes .. let's have them wrestle a gator .. " but I'm liking them more and more .. .. for some reason, one of them reminds me of Jim Varney .. "Ernest P Worel" .. which I'm sure many on here have no idea what I'm talking about ..

The twins were disappointing .. I would have thought they had more fighting spirit ..

I like their game play but the white one is still seriously annoying though...

ron
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Ok, I've finally caught up on my dvr recordings including The Amazing Race. First off, when I found out that clowns were in the race......problem! I have a thing about clowns, especially if they're driving around in a car in full make up. And to have them cry....just kind of bizarre to me. Secondly, weird stuff always seems to happen to the "cutesy" teams. With the twins, I can't even imagine being within eyesight of the check-in and missing it.

Is it me or is it hard to get behind any particular team this season? For whatever reason there just doesn't seem to be any type of emotional "buy-in" causing me to root for any particular team; however, the Kentucky boys are trying to make a case. They're my sleeper pick followed by a very close Mississippi girls.

The FBI agents have an interesting play claiming to be teachers and they work well together so I'm keeping an eye on them as well.

The Jersey boys are stereotypically ridiculous, and the other couples are just kind of "blah".

On a final note, the girl from Big Brother and her crying, whining, whatever........SHUTTT UPPPPP!!!!! I skipped over next week previews because she was at it again. CANNOT handle her!

Phrase of 2012 for me has to be "Grow up so you can get it up..."
Old 03-10-2012, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 191
^^^ Same here, except I just caught the last two episodes online in my tablet. Sucks to have to sit through commercials at 2AM, but at least I didn't have to travel around the world with Rachel.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Is it me or is it hard to get behind any particular team this season? For whatever reason there just doesn't seem to be any type of emotional "buy-in" causing me to root for any particular team; however, the Kentucky boys are trying to make a case. They're my sleeper pick followed by a very close Mississippi girls.

Not just you, After watching the first two leg's I have no interest in following this particular race any farther. I'll tune back in at the start of the next race.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Yeah, this season there isn't one fan favorite, but is TAR just about having a team to root for? I thought most watched it for the locales (HD really helps that cause too) and challenges, and simply the competition. IMHO, that's why it's difficult for me to comprehend that people would tune out of a particular season based solely on teams in TAR. IMHO, there is a lot of entertainment value in TAR even if you adamantly dislike every team.

Contrast that with Survivor which is a social game, and most people couldn't stand a whole survivor season with annoying people. But TAR is more about challenges and teamwork among the duos, not to mention travel.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Great "feel good" moment on last night's episode...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 AM

I could have done without the ford focus parallel park product placement adverstisement...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post

I could have done without the ford focus parallel park product placement adverstisement...

Yeah, it was a bit much. With modern TV economics, I expect a certain amount of product placement in any show, but to show it over and over and over and over was a big turnoff.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I wanted to slap the chick from Big Brother last night, and not just once.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Old 03-12-2012, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ That's our Rachel! Up until last night I felt "TAR" viewers were getting a watered-down version of the uber-drama diva Rachel has always been on "Big Brother." Now you know.

Boring show last night as the likable teams this season are scarce, and the non-elimination leg could be smelled at the start with the KY dudes being so far behind going to another country. I'm personally still on the Brendon/Rachel team but that's my "BB" fandom talking, as "TAR" players they're awful at letting the personal stuff get in the way of the competitive drive. The army wife/helicopter pilot and the border patrol agents are really starting to get on my nerves. Only the "TAR" producers know how this cycle ends, so either they're letting them boast in the show's edit to set them up for a spectacular fail or they'll dominate throughout (I hope not). I don't mind product placements in a reality show because that's the nature of the beast, but a little moderation would have been great (just because a team chose to use the automatic parallel parking on their own after completing it as a task doesn't mean "TAR" had to show that!). Favorite part was the many teams that beheaded a statue while trying to clean it; talk about ugly Americans showing precisely how much they care about the fine arts.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The only way I can watch this season is in delay. Every time Brandon and Rachel are on screen, skip/skip/skip. Much more enjoyable.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

^^^ That's our Rachel! Up until last night I felt "TAR" viewers were getting a watered-down version of the uber-drama diva Rachel has always been on "Big Brother." Now you know.

Boring show last night as the likable teams this season are scarce, and the non-elimination leg could be smelled at the start with the KY dudes being so far behind going to another country. I'm personally still on the Brendon/Rachel team but that's my "BB" fandom talking, as "TAR" players they're awful at letting the personal stuff get in the way of the competitive drive. The army wife/helicopter pilot and the border patrol agents are really starting to get on my nerves. Only the "TAR" producers know how this cycle ends, so either they're letting them boast in the show's edit to set them up for a spectacular fail or they'll dominate throughout (I hope not). I don't mind product placements in a reality show because that's the nature of the beast, but a little moderation would have been great (just because a team chose to use the automatic parallel parking on their own after completing it as a task doesn't mean "TAR" had to show that!). Favorite part was the many teams that beheaded a statue while trying to clean it; talk about ugly Americans showing precisely how much they care about the fine arts.

I guess its a great thing I don't watch BB then.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Not for the past two seasons at least (I'm a "BB" noobie myself). "Big Brother" literally became the Rachel and Brendon show, 24/7, because even when one or both were not in the house/not on-camera the other contestants couldn't stop bitching about/making fun of them. Unless "BB" does an All-Star season (and even then it'd be a push to have these two for a THIRD time on the show so soon) Brendel are done with reality TV after "TAR." Why else would such a drama queen break down crying at the thought that her time in the spotlight was about to end? And yet I'm kind-iof rooting for these two. I want them to go away and have pretty dumb babies, and that only happens if they win a million bucks in "TAR" and get off our TV screens forever (or until a cable channel comes calling).
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

. . . Unless "BB" does an All-Star season (and even then it'd be a push to have these two for a THIRD time on the show so soon) Brendel are done with reality TV after "TAR." . . . .

I dunno.. I think I'd get a kick out of watching those two on Survivor . . .

"Nobody gonna vote mah man off the island . . ."

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Bite your tongue... but I don't watch "Survivor" so, feel free to have 'em ruin that show too.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post

What bothered me the most about that was the obviously "reserved" street parking spaces with a nice big section of car, empty space, car, empty space, car all lined up for them.

To see what street parking in Italy is really like, rewind a couple minutes and look at that one lane street shot with a solid line of parked cars down both sides of the street.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 132
BrenChel need to go. This isn't BB when you can just lay around and bitch and moan. I was hoping Brendon was serious about quitting. I had enough of them on 2 seasons of BB. None of the teams are grabbing my loyalties. The closest ones are the Kentuckians, but their "Good Ol' Boy Shtick" could get old fast.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

What bothered me the most about that was the obviously "reserved" street parking spaces with a nice big section of car, empty space, car, empty space, car all lined up for them.

To see what street parking in Italy is really like, rewind a couple minutes and look at that one lane street shot with a solid line of parked cars down both sides of the street.

I thought they made it clear that section was setup for them so they had to do the park assist. it wasn't them looking for one and oh here are perfectly parked cars, it was marked this was there area and that area was just for the park assist so of course it was setup so the park assist would work.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

And that's one big reason I'm not really into the show this season - choosing to go watch it online late last night instead of making the effort to watch or record it on Sunday.

I don't CARE what Rachel did on another reality show. If I wanted to watch "BB", it's on the very same network and I'm sure I can figure out what time. I HATE that the BB stunt casting brings in teams with an existing fan/non-fan base ("our Rachel", as you put it). I don't want to have to go through her clips on another TV show.

No, she was in not-so-fine form last night, but I learned that from watching her on TAR, not from people going "you shoulda seen her on BB!".

I did some of this whining about Rob-n-Ambuh when they came on, and yes, teams complained about them a LOT (or CBS chose to showcase that video), but Rob was a very good player and his time on "Survivor" was forgotten about three weeks in.

Rachel appears to be a pain in the tuckus, and only has her notoriety from BB to note for her right now. Brendon, aside from having a cutesy-style 21st century youth misspelled name, doesn't have a lot to recommend him, either.

But I wanna learn that from TAR, not from BB carry over.