'The Amazing Race' on CBS HD - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1351 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
I did not find this lef enjoyable. The tree climbing was lame and the girl crying because she couldn't climb that ladder in the pool was pathetic and they deserved to be eliminated if you are crying because of climbing a ladder. Even the camel challenge was lame.

WilliamR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1352 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I did not find this lef enjoyable. The tree climbing was lame and the girl crying because she couldn't climb that ladder in the pool was pathetic and they deserved to be eliminated if you are crying because of climbing a ladder. Even the camel challenge was lame.

They had been racing for several hours, she knew they were in last place and she's afraid of heights. An emotional break down is not out of the question. As was mentioned earlier, there was the them that came in last because the girl balked at doing the waterslide, and all
She had to do was sit down, push off and let gravity do the work.
hooked01 is offline  
post #1353 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Newbie
 
briancassingena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

In my opinion CBS feels that TAR has been around long enough that it needs some cross-show stunt-casting.

Personally, I haven't seen Survivor or Big Brother in many years, so I don't know who those people are.  

MhX8ndt
briancassingena is offline  
post #1354 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancassingena View Post

In my opinion CBS feels that TAR has been around long enough that it needs some cross-show stunt-casting.


Personally, I haven't seen Survivor or Big Brother in many years, so I don't know who those people are.
 
MhX8ndt

are there contestants this season on TAR that were on BB or Survivor .. ?? If so, I guess I missed that info .. ??

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #1355 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

They had been racing for several hours, she knew they were in last place and she's afraid of heights. An emotional break down is not out of the question. As was mentioned earlier, there was the them that came in last because the girl balked at doing the waterslide, and all
She had to do was sit down, push off and let gravity do the work.

Stress will do it .. we've seen quite a few emotional melt downs over the years, I think .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #1356 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

They had been racing for several hours, she knew they were in last place and she's afraid of heights. An emotional break down is not out of the question. As was mentioned earlier, there was the them that came in last because the girl balked at doing the waterslide, and all
She had to do was sit down, push off and let gravity do the work.

Being afraid of heights stops you from climbing a 6 foot lader on the side of a wall? Hmm, if you say so.

WilliamR is offline  
post #1357 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Being afraid of heights stops you from climbing a 6 foot lader on the side of a wall? Hmm, if you say so.

It may seem hard to believe, however, I have a niece that can't climb a 3 foot step ladder without panic .. she panics before even trying to climb .. she cannot trust her own sense of balance even though she is physically in fine shape ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #1358 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Closet Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Yes, thanks for catching that. There was only one non elimination round.
Closet Geek is offline  
post #1359 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It may seem hard to believe, however, I have a niece that can't climb a 3 foot step ladder without panic .. she panics before even trying to climb .. she cannot trust her own sense of balance even though she is physically in fine shape ..

That would suck.

WilliamR is offline  
post #1360 of 1771 Old 11-19-2013, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

That would suck.

Yeah, it's been tough for her to adapt .. she does OK on stairs and what not, but any free standing ladder or anything of that sort .. of any height just throws her into a shaky, wobbly mess ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #1361 of 1771 Old 11-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Member
 
33idolfinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
They were kind enough to show us again why pinky had no reason to give the express pass to the docs.



Because the clue she "missed" was tied in the bag. Not under the bag, not next to it. Impossible to take one without the other.

Whatever......
33idolfinder is offline  
post #1362 of 1771 Old 11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Closet Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Re
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

They were kind enough to show us again why pinky had no reason to give the express pass to the docs.



Because the clue she "missed" was tied in the bag. Not under the bag, not next to it. Impossible to take one without the other.

Whatever......

Reason or not, it was well played by the doctors.
Closet Geek is offline  
post #1363 of 1771 Old 11-20-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I missed that in this last episode, but in the original episode, didn't they show the clue on the ground after the Pinky team took off? Maybe Mr. Pinky ripped open the coin bag and the clue attached to the outside fell off?
hooked01 is offline  
post #1364 of 1771 Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Closet Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Th
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

I missed that in this last episode, but in the original episode, didn't they show the clue on the ground after the Pinky team took off? Maybe Mr. Pinky ripped open the coin bag and the clue attached to the outside fell off?

That's what I thought but I wasn't feeling confident in my response so I never posted.
Closet Geek is offline  
post #1365 of 1771 Old 11-24-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I just saw a Southwest Airline commercial during the Bronco's Patriot's game. I am about 99.9% sure one of the bunnies from last week was in it. They showed her storing something in an overhead compartment and she said check. Does this mean TAR is using actors?

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is online now  
post #1366 of 1771 Old 11-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Most contestants on "reality" shows are found through casting agents.

From the Portsmouth Daily Times... Woman with local ties competes on The Amazing Race

..."Daehler said it is not unusual for Kim, 32, to get a chance like that because she likes to do artistic things. She is a part-time actor and model in Chicago, and has done commercials including Southwest Airlines. In addition, she is a full-time mother to David “Spidey” DeJesus..."
rsambuca is online now  
post #1367 of 1771 Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Most contestants on "reality" shows are found through casting agents.

From the Portsmouth Daily Times... Woman with local ties competes on The Amazing Race

..."Daehler said it is not unusual for Kim, 32, to get a chance like that because she likes to do artistic things. She is a part-time actor and model in Chicago, and has done commercials including Southwest Airlines. In addition, she is a full-time mother to David “Spidey” DeJesus..."

I just thought she was a full time mom and that was it. I didn't know any background info on her, but hey I am 100% sure now it was her. biggrin.gif

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is online now  
post #1368 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I just saw a Southwest Airline commercial during the Bronco's Patriot's game. I am about 99.9% sure one of the bunnies from last week was in it. They showed her storing something in an overhead compartment and she said check. Does this mean TAR is using actors?

I believe most contestants on most "reality" shows have some amount of actor in them .. but, for the most part, contestants are not professional paid actors on any of these shows .. I also believe most contestants on most "reality" shows are selected / cast because of some strong personality trait that the casting company sees in them and believes will translate into good TV ..

I have to comment again on the Afganimals Leo and Jamal .. when this season started, I really did not like those two brash, bragging, loud mouth guys .. but over the last few episodes, I have to say I've found some respect for these guys .. they are running a good race ..

I think Nicole and Travis are just a bit of hypocrites .. continuing to say they are running a clean Race, they are honest and what not .. yet more than willing to throw out a U-Turn / attempt to copy or examine Leo's bamboo instrument .. etc .. had it not been for Amy, Nicole and Travis would be out ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #1369 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I believe most contestants on most "reality" shows have some amount of actor in them .. but, for the most part, contestants are not professional paid actors on any of these shows .. I also believe most contestants on most "reality" shows are selected / cast because of some strong personality trait that the casting company sees in them and believes will translate into good TV ..

I have to comment again on the Afganimals Leo and Jamal .. when this season started, I really did not like those two brash, bragging, loud mouth guys .. but over the last few episodes, I have to say I've found some respect for these guys .. they are running a good race ..

I think Nicole and Travis are just a bit of hypocrites .. continuing to say they are running a clean Race, they are honest and what not .. yet more than willing to throw out a U-Turn / attempt to copy or examine Leo's bamboo instrument .. etc .. had it not been for Amy, Nicole and Travis would be out ..


Agreed about the Afghanimals. I like that they are multilingual, fun loving and not mean spirited (except to each other). I get the impression that Travis is more "devout" than Nicole and he seems to the one in charge in that relationship. As the pressure mounts, you start seeing the less than positive attributes of that team.
hooked01 is offline  
post #1370 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Agreed about the Afghanimals. I like that they are multilingual, fun loving and not mean spirited (except to each other). I get the impression that Travis is more "devout" than Nicole and he seems to the one in charge in that relationship. As the pressure mounts, you start seeing the less than positive attributes of that team.

I think what I like most about Leo and Jamal is it just seems like they are loving every minute of the Race and just savoring the whole experience .. a good example to me was Leo running around and what not during the bamboo instrument challenge ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #1371 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The Afghanimals exhibit virtually every characteristic that I usually like in a team - they don't fight with each other; they are very positive; they are having fun; they aren't mean spirited to the other teams - and yet, for some reason, I never seem to want to cheer for them. Not sure what it is.
rsambuca is online now  
post #1372 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Closet Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
While I agree that Leo and Jamal are running a good race I'm still not a fan. But my reason is because bottom line, they get on my nerves. I have no problem with being upbeat and positive but they go too far with it. During last night episode I started wondering if they're like that all the time. It's hard for me to imagine so and because of that it makes me think they are using TAR as a play for some kind of notoriety of their own in the form of a play for a reality show or something. When they're on screen it becomes about them and their antics and not the race. But that's just me.

I still like Travis and Nicole because of the race they're running and the way they work together. They seem to have a strong relationship and you just don't seem to see that much these days. However, I thought what see did at the bamboo challenge was deplorable. And it only amplified it when they kept talking about how they're running a respectable race. I had them equal to Jason and Amy as my picks to win but now the edge goes to Jason and Amy because not only are they still running a good race but also because of how they helped Nicole. I don't criticize them for helping but I'm not sure I would have done it. At least not beyond just telling her and then leaving.
Closet Geek is offline  
post #1373 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

The Afghanimals exhibit virtually every characteristic that I usually like in a team - they don't fight with each other; they are very positive; they are having fun; they aren't mean spirited to the other teams - and yet, for some reason, I never seem to want to cheer for them. Not sure what it is.

They could both get hit by cars and I wouldn't care, I might even cheer.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is online now  
post #1374 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Thread Ender
 
WS65711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Covington, LA OTA & Charter CableCard
Posts: 4,183
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

They could both get hit by cars and I wouldn't care, I might even cheer.

+1

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
WS65711 is offline  
post #1375 of 1771 Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Closet Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
The only thing I hate about people more than the ones that think they're all that are people who feel they can talk to and treat others anyway they like. Yeah looking at you "pinky"...and my ex wife!
Closet Geek is offline  
post #1376 of 1771 Old 11-26-2013, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
The afghanimals are really, really starting to irritate me. Their over the top behaviour and don't care attitude is grating on me and I am no longer rooting for them.

WilliamR is offline  
post #1377 of 1771 Old 11-26-2013, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jim tressler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
not sure who I want to win.. I guess at this point I am pulling for jason and amy or travis and nicole..
jim tressler is offline  
post #1378 of 1771 Old 11-26-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 1,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 135

I'm open as long as it isn't Tim and Marie.

Garrett Adams is offline  
post #1379 of 1771 Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
WTF of course the chance to get rid of the afgans is a non elim leg.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is online now  
post #1380 of 1771 Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
While she isn't Amy hot, I am finding I have a thing for Marie. She's kinda sexy to me. Annoying as all hell, but sexy.
Tom Imp is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off