post #1441 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim tressler View Post

at this point now that the twinnies are gone, the only others that I would like to see go are Brenchel and Youtube..

feel bad for mark and bopper.. gotta love the gold ole boys!

Make that YouTube and Afghanimals and we're in 100% agreement . . . wink.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

normal on a two month old set..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Bad news for Bopper, but the rest of the show was pretty darned good, especially first and last place.
post #1443 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 623
It looked like "The Twinnies" put on some poundage .. and lost some brain power .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1444 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It looked like "The Twinnies" put on some poundage .. and lost some brain power .. eek.gif

Yeah.. too many Twinkies . . . biggrin.gif

They consider

post #1445 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Thank goodness for the interwebs. I had NO idea AR started last night. Coming here this morning and seeing this thread updated, let me know. Went to the CBS website and watched it before leaving for work. Twinnies down YAY, when youtube and Afgans are gone bigger YAY.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #1446 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I'm ok w/YouTube. They're fun to watch and IMO definitely not the worst of the lot.

To me, it's Brenchel, followed by Globetrotters, followed by J&J (team express pass fail)

At least last season's doctors aren't in it again!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #1447 of 1699 Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Brenda is trying to be friendly to others. But they have to be one of the next teams to go out, though they're good racers so they'll probably hang around.

Cowboys are good racers but forget what their downfalls were, They've been on 2 or 3 times already?
post #1448 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Lowest rated debut ever. frown.gif

post #1449 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I was part of that.  This is the first season I will have missed since very early on, but life is too short to spend any more of it watching "Brenchel" for me.  After looking over the roster for the season it really kind of felt like they were trying to drive people away by bringing back so many teams that a lot of people didn't like... 

ron

post #1450 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

I was part of that.  This is the first season I will have missed since very early on, but life is too short to spend any more of it watching "Brenchel" for me.  After looking over the roster for the season it really kind of felt like they were trying to drive people away by bringing back so many teams that a lot of people didn't like... 

ron

Yeah .. they should have called it "Heroes vs Villains" .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1451 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 104
Just when I finally got the maddening Rachel howler monkey laugh out of my brain, it has now re-implanted itself again. Aaaaaargh!
I WANT MORE likes this.
post #1452 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

For some odd reason, this season just didn't jump at me as "OMG WATCH ME!"

Even my wife didn't know it was last weekend. And Survivor's tomorrow. Crazy.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #1453 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

For some odd reason, this season just didn't jump at me as "OMG WATCH ME!"

Even my wife didn't know it was last weekend. And Survivor's tomorrow. Crazy.

I felt much the same way .. "Oh well, another Amazing Race season" .. "Oh well, another Survivor season" ..

Maybe we're beginning to reach, or have reached, the burn out phase .. and if the ratings are any indication, we're not alone ..

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just watching out of habit ..

Uncle Willie

post #1454 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Thread Ender

Quote:

. . . Sometimes I wonder if I'm just watching out of habit ..

Probably so.. those bikinis on Survivor can be addictive... biggrin.gif

They consider

post #1455 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Probably so.. those bikinis on Survivor can be addictive... biggrin.gif

That's going to help he rationalize Survivor, at least .. tongue.gif

Uncle Willie

post #1456 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

ron

Yeah .. they should have called it "Heroes vs Villains" .. wink.gif

I can enjoy a good villain most of the time, but my tolerance for "annoying" is much lower  :).  Actually, I've just found myself watching less TV in general and the last few seasons of TAR kept seeming to build up on my DVR.  I always like them when I'm watching though.  The current cast just kind of cemented what I was already thinking about really.  Survivor on the other hand I always look forward to for some reason, and watch the day they air.  I even still enjoy watching the "bad" seasons a lot of people don't like.

ron

post #1457 of 1699 Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

That Chinese city was beautiful, not too bad with the smog.

After the douchey behavior, the next thing that's starting to bother me more and more is the blubbering racers.

It's just a TV show and they talk as if they can't run the race, they're losing a million dollars.
post #1458 of 1699 Old 03-02-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I didn't even know it was starting, only caught it because my Tivo's season pass picked it up. Also, I hate most of the teams this season. Hopefully the first elimination will be the start of a trend.
post #1459 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

What an emotional finish for Mark (and his inept, bitchy partner, Mallory)! I understand that Mark's backpack was ultimately his responsibility, but Mallory was supposed to take the backpacks while Mark carried the toy car. Then for her to whine like she did for the rest of the leg was inexcusable. Heck, even I got a little misty-eyed at Mark's final speech. He deserved better.
post #1460 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah at least he got to race, but clearly the two of them hadn't had a chance to talk much. Plus the fact that the two had clearly different lives and SES ultimately meant their values weren't in line.

I can't believe the cowboys gave out the express pass, but on the bright side, it's out of their hair and teams don't have to keep sucking up to them. Plus it's a non-factor now rather than worrying about when another team will use it. Margie and Luke taxi fight... wow.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #1461 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Yeah at least he got to race, but clearly the two of them hadn't had a chance to talk much. Plus the fact that the two had clearly different lives and SES ultimately meant their values weren't in line.

I can't believe the cowboys gave out the express pass, but on the bright side, it's out of their hair and teams don't have to keep sucking up to them. Plus it's a non-factor now rather than worrying about when another team will use it. Margie and Luke taxi fight... wow.
Yes, I understand that Luke has a disability which makes things tough for him, but he is so emotional it gets to the point of making him unlikeable as well.
post #1462 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 05:02 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Yes, I understand that Luke has a disability which makes things tough for him, but he is so emotional it gets to the point of making him unlikeable as well.

+1

They consider

post #1463 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mark should have not worried about the backpack .. if, in fact, they had their passports, that's the only critical item .. it's a race for a million bucks, I believe they were in first place .. stop whining about your left behind backpack and run the Race .. in your underwear if necessary ..

Uncle Willie

post #1464 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mark should have not worried about the backpack .. if, in fact, they had their passports, that's the only critical item .. it's a race for a million bucks, I believe they were in first place .. stop whining about your left behind backpack and run the Race .. in your underwear if necessary ..
Excellent point, but if you've always had to scratch for all you have in life, I can understand his attitude also. I grew up dirt poor and never realized it until I got into the real world to see what I was missing.
post #1465 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

They weren't that strong a team anyways.

Where they lost it is that last event, not because of the backpack.

I'm sure sure there are other useful thing Mark packed besides fresh clothes, that they would have needed in the race at some point.
post #1466 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Excellent point, but if you've always had to scratch for all you have in life, I can understand his attitude also. I grew up dirt poor and never realized it until I got into the real world to see what I was missing.

As a fellow self made man, I can also understand .. but, if he had not fixated on the backpack, and the fact that they were in first place at the time (I think) .. they had a solid shot at least at the first place Team Pit Stop prize ..

kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water .. eek.gif

And, sure, he probably had some stuff in the backpack he did not want to lose, but when she asked him, all he could come up with was clothes and some car or air sickness pills ..

As far as clothes go, if a shirt at Walmart costs $10.00, and it probably came from Guangzhou .. what's a shirt cost in Guangzhou .. a buck .. ?? wink.gif .. not to mention that other players probably would have given him some clothes ..

He blamed Mallory and yes, she screwed up .. however, Mark gave up, IMO and then continued to whine at the end with "I guess it wasn't meant for me to travel around the world without Bopper" ..

It's more like "I guess I just did not want to really try for a million bucks .. "

I was just disappointed in his play .. especially after the whole "I'm going to win this for Bopper and my family" bit ..

Uncle Willie

post #1467 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As a fellow self made man, I can also understand .. but, if he had not fixated on the backpack, and the fact that they were in first place at the time (I think) .. they had a solid shot at least at the first place Team Pit Stop prize ..

kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water .. eek.gif

And, sure, he probably had some stuff in the backpack he did not want to lose, but when she asked him, all he could come up with was clothes and some car or air sickness pills ..

As far as clothes go, if a shirt at Walmart costs $10.00, and it probably came from Guangzhou .. what's a shirt cost in Guangzhou .. a buck .. ?? wink.gif .. not to mention that other players probably would have given him some clothes ..

He blamed Mallory and yes, she screwed up .. however, Mark gave up, IMO and then continued to whine at the end with "I guess it wasn't meant for me to travel around the world without Bopper" ..

It's more like "I guess I just did not want to really try for a million bucks .. "

I was just disappointed in his play .. especially after the whole "I'm going to win this for Bopper and my family" bit ..
Yes, you have me 99% convinced. smile.gif
post #1468 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I am not sure why anyone didn't just go for the other challenge, badminton with your feet, over what looked like glass suctions cups. Was there something else to that challenge I am missing?

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #1469 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 104
Did anyone see the descriptions of the two challenges? Perhaps the Cup option was vague and they thought that they had to balance them or something more demanding than laying on a table and getting suction cupped.
post #1470 of 1699 Old 03-03-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I am not sure why anyone didn't just go for the other challenge, badminton with your feet, over what looked like glass suctions cups. Was there something else to that challenge I am missing?

I've been "cupped" .. and it's pretty easy to do from my experience .. I would have picked the cupping challenge ..

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page