post #1801 of 1810 Old 12-20-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post
PS: I think that was one of the more "evil" final challenges they've ever done. Without being allowed to "take notes," I'd probably still be running around that container yard.

I remember meat head saying its been about 4 hours, I would be going nuts being the one sitting around waiting.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1810 Old 12-20-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 204
The "low hanging fruit" won. So glad. Wanted either them or the surfers to win it. Not team whiny nor team toothy.

post #1803 of 1810 Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 135
It's ironic that all the other teams disregarded the Candy Girls to allow them to progress into the finals because they were no threat. The cyclists told them about the earlier flight because they knew they could beat them and then were eliminated on that leg. And Brooke complaining about letting them into the finale was pretty poor. If the wrestlers weren't so inept at navigating, they might have had a shot. Don't complain about the Candy Girls. They didn't get lost.
post #1804 of 1810 Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Even if the wrestlers made the final three, I think they still would have come in third. Considering that Robbie planned on doing the stunt challenge, that meant that Brooke would have had to do the container challenge. No way she would have beaten Misty or Bethany at that.

Speaking of Bethany, damn she is bouncy!
Not that I mind in the least, but she really should have invested in better bras for running.
post #1805 of 1810 Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Speaking of Bethany, damn she is bouncy!
Not that I mind in the least, but she really should have invested in better bras for running.
Those were network issued undergarments.
post #1806 of 1810 Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 710
When Bethany by default had to do the container challenge, I pretty much knew they were done .. even she admitted she was not the brains of the team .. sad, but the Surfers were a class act up to the bitter end .. they remain one of my favorite Teams ever to run it ..
BoilerJim likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1807 of 1810 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 95
There are a couple of teams who might be candidates to appear on a future all-stars season.

The wrestlers might be because hateful reality show personalities often draw ratings. But they've reportedly broken up.

The surfers are inspiring and nice people in general (though they seemed to resent Amy and Maya being in the final leg as much as the others) but they're kind of boring.

Bicyclists deserve another shot but not sure they are notable.
post #1808 of 1810 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

The surfers are inspiring and nice people in general (though they seemed to resent Amy and Maya being in the final leg as much as the others) but they're kind of boring.
I heard one verbal shot .... Fatigue and frustration can get the best of all of us .. I did not find them boring at all .. and other handicapped folks would, I feel certain, be anything but bored with them ..
BoilerJim likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1809 of 1810 Old Today, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Enjoyed the season. Bikers were really dumb getting themselves eliminated. Note to future teams - when you're in the lead don't go for the Express Pass!
post #1810 of 1810 Old Today, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
Enjoyed the season. Bikers were really dumb getting themselves eliminated. Note to future teams - when you're in the lead don't go for the Express Pass!

The Express Pass is a gamble no matter what position you're in. If the challenge didn't happen to be a surfing one where the Surfers had an advantage, the Cyclists might have finished before them. As a matter of fact, most of the times, the team in the lead is the one that's going to go for the EP because the other teams won't risk trying it because they know the first team is going for it. I don't think the surfers would have gone for it if it wasn't a surfing challenge. I wonder if the producers incorporated that challenge in there hoping that the surfers would go for it? Too bad it wasn't a cycling challenge.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page