'The Amazing Race' on CBS HD - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

Old 04-21-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I honestly can't remember another season that had so many unlikable people on it. If Brooke has a boyfriend or even a husband, I truly feel bad for the guy. My God, shut up and stop whining!

There goes what I considered to be best eye candy of the game (Sara). Couldn't stand Shamir and wanted him gone, but that was a double edged sword situation.

As the Fun Team was doing the FF, I was thinking to myself I really hope this is just the editing because it seemed like it was taking forever to complete. How was that even possible to come in 3rd with not getting lost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
I honestly can't remember another season that had so many unlikable people on it. If Brooke has a boyfriend or even a husband, I truly feel bad for the guy. My God, shut up and stop whining!

There goes what I considered to be best eye candy of the game (Sara). Couldn't stand Shamir and wanted him gone, but that was a double edged sword situation.

As the Fun Team was doing the FF, I was thinking to myself I really hope this is just the editing because it seemed like it was taking forever to complete. How was that even possible to come in 3rd with not getting lost?

They totally gave it away that they were not getting first when the team brought it up about getting first.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Old 04-21-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Well, not to defend her, but she does look like a skin and bones stick .. and, the whining worked by getting her some help .. she was just not cut out for that challenge ..

So glad to see Shamir bite the dust, although his Partner seemed rather nice (and attractive) ..

I could swear she said I am not sure if I can do it when they had to take the 400+ stairs up to the pit stop.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1812 Post(s)
Liked: 2107
I did not watch the second episode from Thursday until last night .. we've been slamming Brooke a bit, but Michael is just as bad, if not worse .. pretty pathetic attitude, if you ask me ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 04-22-2017, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
They totally gave it away that they were not getting first when the team brought it up about getting first.
It was pretty funny when they were all giggly at the pit stop thinking that they came in first by using the fast forward and not using the express pass and then their faces when Phil told them that they were third.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did not watch the second episode from Thursday until last night .. we've been slamming Brooke a bit, but Michael is just as bad, if not worse .. pretty pathetic attitude, if you ask me ..
Brooke was just whiny and pitiful.

Michael was belligerent and condescending. Not exactly team building traits.

I understand some conflict makes the show more interesting, but there's just too much bickering in this season.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought the Blackbeard dude was pretty cool. He seems pretty positive and didn't use his leg as an excuse. But he showed his true colors when he verbally attacked the team that u-turned him. It's a game, you're one of the stronger teams, of course you're a target. Get over it.

I don't like the nerdy Asian dude either. Is he putting on act? Is anyone really that Sheldon like?

I didn't even recognize Team LoLo but they seem to have the best team chemistry right now. I guess they haven't been featured because they're not fighting.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

I understand some conflict makes the show more interesting, but there's just too much bickering in this season.
They should have paired those two up somehow ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:

But this season no one knew their team mate prior to the race starting. Most of the pairs don't work well together except for the two guys (don't know names), and Boston Joey and the girl (is it London?). I can see those two becoming an item after the race... if they're not already committed.

To anyone interested in a Google Chromebox or Chromebook..
Be aware that these boxes run a variant of Linux and DO NOT support HDCP!!!
This means no support for HD on most streaming services. I wish I would have known this beforehand....

Blu-rays & DVD's
Old 04-22-2017, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They should have paired those two up somehow ..
God! The girl would be a blubbering mess because Big Red would yelling at her and insulting her the whole time.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Big Red is the guy who boasted of having a 140 IQ and he made that little tourist map, which showed those buildings they needed to visit, way more complicated than it needed to be.

I was in Alesund last year. Too tired to go up to Mount Aksla but I wish I had. It looked spectacular.

I know there are buses that go up there if you don't have a car.

The design of the leg is odd though. The Express Pass took so long that two teams beat the team which skydived anyways. I don't recall any previous seasons where the Express Pass didn't get a team into first by a wide margin.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
God! The girl would be a blubbering mess because Big Red would yelling at her and insulting her the whole time.
Well, he would then get his wish of apparent domination through passive/aggressive behavior and win his verbal assault .. as opposed to his actual partner, who appears ready, willing and able to fight back .. Kudos to her ..

Uncle Willie

Old 04-22-2017, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
....... Most of the pairs don't work well together except for the two guys (don't know names), and Boston Joey and the girl (is it London?). I can see those two becoming an item after the race... if they're not already committed.
Highly doubtful. She might be up for that but you can tell he likes her as a teammate only; probably because he's a couple notches up from her on the attractive scale so I'm sure that dude can have his choice of any woman.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Big Red is the guy who boasted of having a 140 IQ and he made that little tourist map, which showed those buildings they needed to visit, way more complicated than it needed to be.

I was in Alesund last year. Too tired to go up to Mount Aksla but I wish I had. It looked spectacular.

I know there are buses that go up there if you don't have a car.

The design of the leg is odd though. The Express Pass took so long that two teams beat the team which skydived anyways. I don't recall any previous seasons where the Express Pass didn't get a team into first by a wide margin.
I thought nerd and blonde were going to be penalized for driving to get the fireworks and up the hill but I guess it wasn't specified in the instructions. It didn't really help them though.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked: 1077
That Fast Forward was so wrong. They use it and come in 3rd, that is not what the fast forward is supposed to do, you are supposed to skip all tasks so you can come in first. The team did absolutely nothing wrong. They sat in the helicopter, they jumped without delay, they drove to the pit stop with no issues and they still come in 3rd. The show made the fast forward to long with the helicopter ride. Not fair to the team that decided to do it, does it flawlessly and still don't make it on time.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
That Fast Forward was so wrong. They use it and come in 3rd, that is not what the fast forward is supposed to do, you are supposed to skip all tasks so you can come in first. The team did absolutely nothing wrong. They sat in the helicopter, they jumped without delay, they drove to the pit stop with no issues and they still come in 3rd. The show made the fast forward to long with the helicopter ride. Not fair to the team that decided to do it, does it flawlessly and still don't make it on time.
I can't remember if it's ever happened before, it seems like it has .. even with the FF, Teams are still dependent on how fast others can get to the Pit Stop as well as themselves .. I was shocked too, but they still had a great experience and pretty much took it in stride ..

Uncle Willie

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Yeah bad design.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can't remember if it's ever happened before, it seems like it has .. even with the FF, Teams are still dependent on how fast others can get to the Pit Stop as well as themselves .. I was shocked too, but they still had a great experience and pretty much took it in stride ..
I think there was one FF that involved rappelling or some sort of wire suspension from a tall building where the weather was too bad so the team had to wait out the weather and ended up having to skip it. It didn't seem that that's there were any weather delays in this season. It just took too long.

There should have at least been some warning at the FF that it might take a while so that the teams could decide whether or not to go for it. That would have allowed a Team Fun to decide to do the FF or use the Express Pass.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I really hope that when the season is over someone from the show, or Team Fun themselves, come out and explain what happened.

Unless it was just bad editing, the show basically screwed these guys in that leg.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:51 PM

I don't know if I would say they got screwed .. I like Team Fun, I'm rooting for Team Fun, but I just don't think having a FF guarantees a 1st Place on the leg .. it's too bad they came in 3rd, but at least they still have the Express Pass ..

Uncle Willie

Old 04-24-2017, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The fast forward is being renamed to Maybe Not So Fast Forward.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't know if I would say they got screwed .. I like Team Fun, I'm rooting for Team Fun, but I just don't think having a FF guarantees a 1st Place on the leg .. it's too bad they came in 3rd, but at least they still have the Express Pass ..

I was under the impression, based on something Team Fun said, that this was the last leg to use the Express Pass.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I disagree to an extent particularly given the situation this team was in. The fast forward has never been a guarantee of coming in first. There have been teams in the past that have used it and still been eliminated that leg. There was a leg in season 10? that two teams were able to use a fast forward on the same leg and both still got beat out by another team. The fast forward is simply a guarantee that if you complete one task you skip the roadblock and the detour and proceed directly to the pit-stop. Now I will fully admit they typically have timed it out a bit better. You don't know if there was some sort of delay with the helicopter or if the normal leg went faster than they had anticipated. Like I said though I don't feel too bad given the team that was "wronged" by this had an express pass that they needed to use or lose this leg.
Quote:
. it's too bad they came in 3rd, but at least they still have the Express Pass ..
I too don't think they do based on comments on that leg, which made the decision not to use it a bit more puzzling.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke View Post

I too don't think they do based on comments on that leg, which made the decision not to use it a bit more puzzling.
I think they thought they could get an awesome helicopter ride and block another team from getting the FF and come in first without using the EP. And as the dude said, they wouldn't cause any ill will with the other teams since they kept it a secret.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I think they thought they could get an awesome helicopter ride and block another team from getting the FF and come in first without using the EP. And as the dude said, they wouldn't cause any ill will with the other teams since they kept it a secret.
Yeah I get realizing you're there in first, reading the ff and seeing the helicopter and thinking hey low risk helicopter ride for us at this point. I didn't and still don't get the logic on the perceived advantage in not letting other teams know that you had the express pass that was no longer usable.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke View Post
Yeah I get realizing you're there in first, reading the ff and seeing the helicopter and thinking hey low risk helicopter ride for us at this point. I didn't and still don't get the logic on the perceived advantage in not letting other teams know that you had the express pass that was no longer usable.
They definitely didn't want the others to know that they had the EP because they'd be a target for u-turns and other sabotage. And if the other teams find out that they had it, then they'd be viewed as dishonest for not telling them. And if they had actuality used it to win the leg, there'd be more hard feelings. This is a competition and the teams will take any reason to hate another team.
CruelInventions likes this.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
While the fast forward was unfair, it didn't really matter. They leg didn't actually end there, there was no prize given and they still have the express pass to use. Why have a fast forward on a continuation leg though?

Edit: This leg didn't end, why would we think they still couldn't use the express pass?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked: 1077
So this is not considered a non-elimination leg right since they are still racing?

Old 04-26-2017, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
While the fast forward was unfair, it didn't really matter. They leg didn't actually end there, there was no prize given and they still have the express pass to use. Why have a fast forward on a continuation leg though?

Edit: This leg didn't end, why would we think they still couldn't use the express pass?

I know I'm in the minority of this thinking, but I still believe that they decide on the fly which are elimination legs and which aren't simply to keep more popular (ratings grabber) teams in.
WS65711 likes this.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
I know I'm in the minority of this thinking, but I still believe that they decide on the fly which are elimination legs and which aren't simply to keep more popular (ratings grabber) teams in.
I agree with that. I was positive that last week wasn't going to be non-elimination because it was easy to eliminate that bully/crybaby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement