'So You Think You Can Dance' Season Eight - FOX HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 840 Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
While deleting past episodes of SYTYCD to clear space on my DVR's hard-drive, I took the opportunity to view the first audition show of the season. Melanie's audition was the second dance on the show and of the season. The judges gushed over that performance, as they should have, but I noted that her thighs, which have drawn particular attention lately, were seemingly much smaller then or less well developed. Her initial interview stressed that dance was of a lesser interest than her other artistic pursuits coming from the thrust of her words, than was dance at that time. It was almost as if auditioning for the show was an after-thought. Perhaps that is correct and since making the cut she has concentrated on dance and her legs are showing the effort.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 840 Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Ryan apparently toured the US and Canada with Mia Michaels for a year when she was 16 (from what I can gather Mia saw Ryan's performance of piece Ryan had choreographed and was so impressed that she offered her a job assisting; she and her mother thought Mia was just being nice until her business manager gave them his card and asked whether she had a passport--see a piece in her home town paper, here). You can see her on stage with Mia during that period in this:

Soon after that she performed professionally in a number on DWTS at age 17. She can be seen dancing (the lead) in a number from the finale of this past season of Glee here (it is very, very cool that Hulu features a tool with which to create a custom clip like that , though it doesn't make up for being interrupted by ads 6 or 8 times while trying to find the performance ); it seems unlikely that it's actually her singing but I suppose it's possible. Season 7's Ashley Galvin is in that number with her, and Lauren Gottlieb is in one of the following numbers; both pieces are performances by show choirs in competition with the Glee group--the show must be a godsend to young dancers everywhere, and particularly SYTYCD alums, who Fox seem to favor.

The DWTS performance is no doubt available on Hulu--you're welcome to look .

EDIT: According to IMDb, Ryan also appears in this episode of House in, I believe, a surreal broadway-style jazz number which begins at around 32:52. (This Hulu video doesn't seem to be embed/share-able so no clip editor. For some reason, Hulu has pre-made clips of the other 4 dream sequences in that episode but not that one . BTW, I now realize I could have searched for the performance in Glee entirely in the clip editor and only suffered a single ad).

Mia shouldn't dance. She is not a good dancer, her leg barely can go up compared to the lady next to her. She should just stick with choreography.

post #273 of 840 Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Mia shouldn't dance. She is not a good dancer, her leg barely can go up compared to the lady next to her. She should just stick with choreography.

She's teaching, not performing (she's also 45 y/o, give her a break ). The "lady next to her" is 19 y/o Ryan Ramirez, current SYTYCD contestant.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
post #274 of 840 Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Apologies in advance if this is long -- I'm critiquing every dance again, lol.

I'm starting an hour late (as usual -- at LEAST an hour late, usually, these days). The opening number by Tyce was "better" than many of his recent numbers, if still not quite as good as what we can expect from NappyTabs, Sonya, and several other regular choreographers on the show. And I thought the girls DID dominate the guys. I also thought Ryan looked at least "a bit" awkward in that number contrasted with the other girls, such as Miranda and Sasha, who seemed to be more controlled. When Mitchell said he couldn't wait to "dominate the girls" he didn't sound like he could "dominate" a mosquito!

WOW! That first number with Sasha and Alexander... I've NEVER gotten goosebumps within the first five seconds of a dance number on this show before! I have to agree that parts of the number, later on, weren't quite as compelling, but overall, it was still a great number! Dee Caspary probably deserves a great deal of the credit, as well.

I don't know if that the judges are saying, but it certainly was good enough. My "issue" is that I compare Caitlyn's otherwise excellent performance against what I've seen by REAL Latin pros, such as Iveta and Chelsie Hightower. Still thinking back to Season 4, it's easy to remember that every time SHE had a ballroom or Latin number, her leg and footwork was INCREDIBLE (her wheelhouse), yet she was ALSO able to pick up hip-hop, contemporary and jazz and do all of them at very high levels, as well (of course this is WHY she bascially IMMEDIATELY got picked up as a PRO for DWTS as SOON as her tour with SYTYCD was finished -- THEY saw, what I and others saw, even if she didn't get enough votes to get into the Final Four). If I DIDN'T have her and Iveta (maybe others) in the back of my mind for comparison, I'd be RAVING over the Samba Caitlyn and Mitchell just did because YES it WAS excellent (and I know MANY of you consider Katee, who was the highest-rated female dancer on Season 4 as the best female dancer EVER on this show -- not sure HOW well she did Latin and ballroom, though -- don't remember).

I don't know what it IS about Miranda, but not only do I agree with the judges that she keeps getting better, she also seems to keep getting better LOOKING. When the season first started, I found her only "marginally" attractive. Now I think she's downright HOT -- not just sexy in her movements and makeup, but even her basic looks -- she actually appears to have "matured" in just a few weeks. And the dancing -- was that a "swing dance" or what? At any rate, yeah, it was pretty great... So far, it's a fairly even night for me, even WITH my goosebumps early in the first number -- Oh, and Tyce FINALLY came through again.

Melanie and Marko are THE ONE COUPLE I'll HATE to see broken up at the Top 10 level. As Nigel AND Li'l C just said, they ARE a POWER COUPLE. For the second time in four dances, I got GOOSEBUMPS in the beginning of a routine -- but this time they lasted halfway through it! That kiss ENSURED they won't be in the Bottom 3 this week and definitely broke any semblance of a TIE there was to this point.... WHOOOO, you go, Kristin! And then Marko tries to kiss Cat, lol! Ooooh the energy! GREAT!!! And KUDOS to NappyTabs again!

I see and agree with Nigel's point on Ashley and Chris' dance, BUT that's not their fault; it's Sonya's, if anyone's. If they were to more fully embrace the "Beetlejuice-type characters," and that music didn't give them what they needed for it, then Sonya should have chosen different music. So I agree with Mary and the others. That said, in a night of tough competition, this might put them in the Bottom 3. By the way, "Beetlejuice" is one of my favorite movies in its genre (I'm still flummoxed Michael Keaton didn't get a Best Actor in a Supporting Roll Oscar nomination for his part). Because they were either close together, or in such an alignment the camera was able to keep both of them in-camera all the time, we were able to SEE both of them on TV during the entire dance, as well, and I didn't see any mistakes, or even anything that looked like a lack of effort or commitment. It just might have been one of Sonya's "lesser choreographies." It's also possible Nigel used this opportunity to sort of "throw Ashley and Chris under the bus" if he wants to see them go in the next round. After all, SOMEONE has to go.

Well, Jess may have just dodged another bullet. Of course Clarice was elegant and beautiful. Kristin says it was her favorite peformance of the night?!? Don't know that I'd go THAT far, even if I WERE a "Jess fan," and I'm not (I see the same cocky, annoyance from him some of you do). His Broadway experience REALLY helped him in this one.

Well, I have to agree with all four judges about this second Sonya choreography of the night for Ryan and Ricky, which proved they were right to keep them last week (regardless of how some of us continue to feel about Iveta, and perhaps Missy). It was probably second only to Melanie and Marko's dance (unless you're really blown away by the foxtrot, which to me was "nice," but Jess's smarmy looks take off points for me).

Our Top 10 seem to be shaping up, and NappyTabs seem to REALLY be helping. Jordan and Tadd appear to ALSO be amongst that group. GREAT number, danced VERY well. I agreed with Li'l C about moving through the whole body, as the ONLY weakness I saw in the number was in a few of the moves they didn't get down quite low enough. But it was MINOR.

What I really noticed in this final group number was that Melanie's dance steps seemed, BY FAR, the most refined. Even at the end, when the girls were stepping away from the supposedly dead guys, the other girls were mostly just "stepping," whereas Melanie's steps still had the look of "dance" in them -- if you have it DVRd and you didn't notice it, go back and take a second look.

I see Ashley and Chris in the Bottom 3 next week based just on what Nigel said. I'm not sure about the other two. It's that close to me. If I vote, I'll probably vote for Melanie and Marko and Jordan and Tadd, but I doubt they need the votes. After them, I like Miranda -- not Robert so much, but Miranda -- and Ryan and Ricky did a good job. Jess and Caitlyn were, yes, excellent, but as good as he was, he STILL looked a bit stiff in some of his partnering moves. My impression is he REALLY doesn't like having a partner because he LOVES being "the center of attention," just like he loved waving, instead of dancing, at his first competition when he was a little kid. I could be wrong, but that's "the vibe" I get. Jordan has probably "grown on me" more than any of the female dancers... In her initial audition, her arm pits had "Five O'Clock shadow," so to speak. I KNOW that's no criteria to judge ANYONE by -- and in Europe, many women don't shave under their arms, at all, but it's just distracting in our culture -- especially for young female dancers whose underarms are almost ALWAYS exposed, and to me it spoke to personal hygiene. I also notice she's been clean shaven ever since, so someone spoke to her.

Happy Viewings!
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #275 of 840 Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

She can be seen dancing (the lead) in a number from the finale of this past season of Glee here

Of course when I watched that episode (season finale) of Glee, it having been an entire year since the beginning of the last season of SYTYCD, I didn't recognize Ryan, but watching it again, Ryan is now INSTANTLY recognizable -- particularly since she's the featured performer at the beginning of that piece and because she has one distinguishing feature that makes her SO easy to pick out from almost any other girl -- THE MOUTH that swallowed Monterrey!

I mean, she's a lovely young lady, and all, but WOW that's one HUGE mouth, and based on her childhood pictures it's ALWAYS been like that. That was partly why her smiling in that one sad routine hurt her -- in the dark, she looked almost like the Cheshire Cat! She needs to be VERY aware (not self-conscious, just AWARE) of her mouth and either downplay its huge size, or use it to her advantage, depending on what the mood of the dance is.
Jeff

post #276 of 840 Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Is it just me or does Ryan always seem to dance everything in the same "style". Everything she does looks like Mia Michaels to me.
post #277 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Re: the kiss (Nigel and Mary). Could have been worse. That could have been Bruno and Len.

Now try getting THAT image out of your head!
post #278 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Melanie's face hasn't changed at all since she was a little girl.

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #279 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 11:10 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Re: the kiss (Nigel and Mary). Could have been worse. That could have been Bruno and Len.

Now try getting THAT image out of your head!

Something was in the water last night.

While I've not been overly impressed by this year's dancers, it does seem that the judges are having the time of their lives. Maybe it's just Nigel being more comfortable with the ever-positive Mary than Mia and her lifelong baggage, maybe Mary's cancer scare made them all appreciate things more, maybe they're making a more concerted effort to entertain, or maybe it's just that it's early in the season. Who knows? To see even Lil' C get into the act was pretty funny, and I don't ever recall seeing Mary that embarrassed. Good times.

Looks like Tyce doomed the Broadway pair last night. His choreography is quite lackluster this season.
post #280 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

None of the performances really grabbed me this week (though probably Sasha & Alexander came closest). Other than that, I liked the NappyTabs routines the best, particularly the one with Melanie & Marko--nice bit of acting on Marko's part. The Sonya Tayeh pieces were probably my two least favorite bits of her work ever and I fully expect to see the two couples who danced them in the bottom three (particularly the Beetlejuice-inspired routine), in no small part due to choreography, joined by Clarice & Jess, simply because they got saddled with a Foxtrot (which I thought they performed beautifully).

Melanie seemed a bit cuter to me this week. If her jaw was 10% less wide I think she'd be pretty .

I don't know what to think of the two-group-numbers idea. I do think that they should have been displayed before each group's performances instead of one at the beginning and one at the end of the program.

"
" -- hookbill
post #281 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I believe the group numbers were there as filler to make up the two hours rather than shrinking the show to 90 minutes and plugging in a sitcom. Once we hit ten dancers they bring on the pros and go back to ten routines.

They could have had exhibitions but that is what Thursdays are about.
post #282 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post

I believe the group numbers were there as filler to make up the two hours rather than shrinking the show to 90 minutes and plugging in a sitcom. Once we hit ten dancers they bring on the pros and go back to ten routines.

They could have had exhibitions but that is what Thursdays are about.

I wonder what they did in the past? At week 4 (top 14) they typically move into two routines for each couple, which makes for a pretty busy show. I wonder if they'll do that next week or keep throwing in a couple of uncritiqued group numbers?

"
" -- hookbill
post #283 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I don't know how anyone can sit through all the judges comments! I'll listen to a little of the first judge then fast forward.

Here's my idea:

Have the "third judge" be the choreographer for the dance.

That way we would know how close to their vision was obtained, what improvements were made by whom and what could have been better...
post #284 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post

Have the "third judge" be the choreographer for the dance.

I don't know that we could count on the choreographers to be brutally honest and any negative comment they have would be particularly harmful to the contestants.

I think that the mildness of the judging at this stage is due to the early stage of the competition. Ideally, the choreography should get more difficult and the judging more harsh with every round.

"
" -- hookbill
post #285 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Although I was certain after last night that Ashley and Chris would be in the Bottom 3, I wasn't sure of the other two couples... However, once the groups came out, it was pretty clear with each group... Even the last group, with just Clarice and Jess and Caitlyn and Mitchell, I saw it coming because Clarice and Jess got SUCH good judge reviews for their foxtrot (and also possibly because Mitchell comes off as so effeminate, which likely doesn't HELP his votes). Miranda was the only one I really HATED to see in the Bottom 3, because I see her as Top 10 material -- but I'm pretty certain Ashley and Chris already have one foot out the door -- I'm writing this just as they're doing their solos, so we'll see...

That group Axis was INCREDIBLE! I've never seen someone in a wheelchair "dance" contemporary classical ballet with someone who's not physically impaired like that before (that guy was strapped in at least two places -- ankles and waist). I loved the music, and found the routine one of the best "pro" routines I've seen on the show.

WOW! That second guest dance performance was as incredible as the first -- or more! But here's something to think about... IF this show had featured the couple holding their title either of the PAST two years, it would have been IVETA and HER partner...

So they took out Robert and Miranda? I could see Robert more than Miranda, but the field for the girls IS very close. I hate it, because I really enjoyed her dancing. Oh well, it's a long way to go before the end.

One aside: I'm SURE everyone on this thread (at least all the regulars) noticed long ago that SYTYCD has continued to use clips of the Top 5 dancers from Season 5 for the intro (and in-and-out for commercial breaks) ever since. I recognize Jeanine, Ade, Brandon and Kayla, I think. Well, Season 5 WAS a pretty good season, but in the past they seemed to use updated footage from each past season, or even -- as soon as they had some -- new footage from the current season (at least I thought I remembered them doing that). Any thoughts on why they've STUCK with images from Season 5?
Jeff

post #286 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Every week I pray that Jess gets eliminated, but the judges like him for some unimaginable reason. I find Clarice to be the most attractive of the girls (though I think Miranda had the most beautiful body and her face was growing on me), but she hasn't really performed a dance that's wowed me. I really thought that Foxtrot would land them in the bottom, even though it was danced well. It was just such a snore.

I'm kind of surprised that they eliminated Miranda--of those three, I was thinking Caitlyn; though she hasn't done anything wrong, IMO she's the weaker dancer. Of the boys, I knew that it would be Robert or Chris; Chris is by far the stronger B-boy and probably the stronger dancer in general, but I thought that Robert's personality and stage presence might win. Dance-wise it was probably the right choice. I don't think either was/is destined for the Top 10.

So far they seem to be committed to keeping these pairings until the Top 10; all of the eliminations have been boys and girls who were paired, the four last week and the two this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAHayes View Post
...contemporary classical ballet...
Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? Sort of like "new old" (in fact, exactly like ) or "instant classic". I think that there's classical ballet and comtemporary ballet and never the twain shall meet.

Were they calling that some variety of ballet? I think that it was just contemporary. I wasn't a big fan of what they did, aesthetically, though I applaud the effort.

That Eric Luna and Georgia Ambarian, on the other hand, were sensational. Incredible strength and control. I don't think that they've held any titles in Ten Dance, in which Iveta was twice World Champion.

"
" -- hookbill
post #287 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The "dances for your life" are a sham - something to add a little excitement to elimination night. They eliminated the two best solos tonight, in my opinion.
post #288 of 840 Old 06-30-2011, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The comment you made, Michael, about the eliminating ONLY "complete couples" thus far is quite salient. In seasons past they've seemed more willing to SPLIT eliminations between couples, but quite often the newly paired couple made up of the two who remained from the couples who were eliminated were at a disadvantage for at least the first week, getting their bearings, so to speak... getting comfortable with each other. On the other hand, in a few instances it's been JUST the "medicine" one or both dancers needed to allow them to TRULY SHINE, as they'd BEEN stuck with a partner who was holding them back and immediately showed improvement. Either way, the judges seem VERY reticent to break up couples during eliminations unless there's just a GLARING difference between the quality of male and female dancers in two different couples in the Bottom 3.

I felt Miranda was better than either Caitlyn or Ashley, but again, it's pretty close, so maybe they see things I don't. I ALSO know they're looking at a much bigger longterm picture, as to what their tour group may look like, and they want to have a tour group that's both culturally diverse, and diverse in styles, talent, personality, etc. And IF a couple keeps getting voted to the Bottom (like Robert and Miranda had), that, alone, could have signaled to them they just weren't popular enough to be "a draw" for the tour. I'm CERTAIN Nigel is ALWAYS looking at the longterm by this point in the show.
Jeff

post #289 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Totally disagree with the female elimination. Wow, the first solo was so lame, she barely danced. I never understand the judges choices.

post #290 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I guess you have to read what they were talking about backstage:

http://www.people.com/people/article...ss-fullcontent
post #291 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Finally got around to watching both eps off the DVR. I normally hate guest judges on these sorts of shows, but Kristen is always fun to me (be it here or on Glee). Count me among those that wont fast forward through the judges(unless it's American Idol), especially when they appear to be having as much fun as they had on performance night. I think 4 judges is too many, though, but perhaps they do that on nights when they need to fill more time? Once again my favorite was Melanie. I'll be a broken record and once again say that I can't NOT look at her when she's on stage. I wonder if she has any acting skills. If she does, I could see her being quite good on a TV show similar to Glee.

My other fav is Jordan, although I'm tiring of the "ooo I'm so innocent and this dirty dancing is sooooo not me" routine. You got on the show by dancing slutty. Embrace it, baby. Like Melanie, she has quite a unique face, and a killer killer body. Her moves flow nicely, but to me not in the same way Melanie's do. Both ladies are lucky to be paired with guys that I bet alot of the females watching are admiring (my wife certainly is).

I like the drama of the dance for your life, but as others pointed out, it doesn't seem to matter. Nigel's obviously listening to the message the public is sending and then removing the least popular dancers. As an Idol watcher, I really like the format of this show because it prevents America from removing the best dancers early on, whereas on Idol the best often leave too soon.

On Idol, The Voice, and X Factor I'm seldom moved to watch a performance twice, but it does happen. This week I watched Melanie and Marko three times (and the judges twice), and Jordan's dance twice.
post #292 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Nielsen Notes
Why are 'So You Think You Can Dance' ratings dropping so fast?
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - July 1st, 2011

Only a few summers ago, Fox's So You Think You Can Dance was unstoppable in the ratings, strong enough for the network to give the reality competition a run during the ultra-competitive fall.

This summer, bolstered by the return of judge Mary Murphy, the show debuted as strong as ever with its most-watched premiere in four years 9.1 million viewers and a 3.2 adult demo rating. Since, the show has dropped sharply and Thursday's episode hit an all-time summer low 5 million viewers and 1.6 rating, down 20 percent from last week.

Some fans say the show is as great as ever this season. Could it just be the show's age? But then why was the premiere so high? More likely, most of the biggest drops occurred after SYTYCDs Wednesday edition faced NBC's The Voice the past couple weeks, though last night's show certainly didn't have any unique competition. That we're approaching the holiday weekend likely didn't help either

Anyway: The second week of ABC's Expedition Impossible (6.1 million, 1.8) took a knock too, down 25 percent. Wipeout (6.5 million, 1.9) was down 21 percent and Rookie Blue (5.4 million, 1.4) was down 13 percent.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/01/so...a-ratings-low/

post #293 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post

The "dances for your life" are a sham - something to add a little excitement to elimination night. They eliminated the two best solos tonight, in my opinion.

Nigel already admitted that a couple season backs. They said they already have made their minds up well before the "dance for your life part" but that in the past it had swayed them once or twice. Most notably it was one individual who said he didn't even practice his final dance he was so confident.

post #294 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

Nielsen Notes
Why are 'So You Think You Can Dance' ratings dropping so fast?
By James Hibberd, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - July 1st, 2011

Only a few summers ago, Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance was unstoppable in the ratings, strong enough for the network to give the reality competition a run during the ultra-competitive fall.

This summer, bolstered by the return of judge Mary Murphy, the show debuted as strong as ever with its most-watched premiere in four years — 9.1 million viewers and a 3.2 adult demo rating. Since, the show has dropped sharply and Thursday’s episode hit an all-time summer low — 5 million viewers and 1.6 rating, down 20 percent from last week.

Some fans say the show is as great as ever this season. Could it just be the show’s age? But then why was the premiere so high? More likely, most of the biggest drops occurred after SYTYCD‘s Wednesday edition faced NBC’s The Voice the past couple weeks, though last night’s show certainly didn’t have any unique competition. That we’re approaching the holiday weekend likely didn’t help either…

Anyway: The second week of ABC’s Expedition Impossible (6.1 million, 1.8) took a knock too, down 25 percent. Wipeout (6.5 million, 1.9) was down 21 percent and Rookie Blue (5.4 million, 1.4) was down 13 percent.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/01/so...a-ratings-low/

Most Americans are likely waaaaayyyy to drunk to turn on their TV, let alone find the remote.

If you need proof of the absolute power of alcohol, just look three posts ago.
skyehill actually made a POSITIVE comment on a SYTYCD thread!
post #295 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Most Americans are likely waaaaayyyy to drunk to turn on their TV, let alone find the remote.

If you need proof of the absolute power of alcohol, just look three posts ago.
skyehill actually made a POSITIVE comment on a SYTYCD thread!

Seriously what's up with that? I tune in and America tunes out?
post #296 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Seriously what's up with that? I tune in and America tunes out?

It's because you're always wrong, skyehill! Now stop watching our show!

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #297 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

It's because you're always wrong, skyehill! Now stop watching our show!

Now I'm going to watch it twice as much. While giving it snake eyes. Don't blame me, though. Blame Melanie. She's the only reason I tune in.
post #298 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Now I'm going to watch it twice as much. While giving it snake eyes. Don't blame me, though. Blame Melanie. She's the only reason I tune in.

Yikes, we agree on something!

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #299 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Sigh...

I had a feeling the fix was in when Miranda was the only dancer that failed to get a contemporary or jazz routine for three weeks.

It sure looks to me like they wanted to get rid of her from the very start and I'm not buying the excuses they gave in that link posted by zalusky. Yeah, Mary that frigging "woodpecker" routine sure gave her a great chance to show her emotions, right.

Maybe the choreographers complained about her being difficult to work with or something, but I'm not buying the line that Ashley was a lot better at emoting.
post #300 of 840 Old 07-01-2011, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That Eric Luna and Georgia Ambarian, on the other hand, were sensational. Incredible strength and control. I don't think that they've held any titles in Ten Dance, in which Iveta was twice World Champion.

That right. They are "Cabaret / Theater Arts" dance champions which is why they get to do all the insanely dangerous lifts that are banned in the regular ballroom divisions.

They also competed on another Nigel Lythgoe show Superstars of Dance in which they were given such an absurdly low score which was so obviously anti-American that I changed channels and never watched another second of that show.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page