Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1423 Old 11-05-2011, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Taffy,
I have to know what other shows you think are great besides this and Falling Skies.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1423 Old 11-05-2011, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I'm looking forward to Nemo on blu.

This show was billed as humans living with dinosaurs and has Spielbergs name attached to it. Giving us minuscule amounts of dinos is almost false advertising. Steven has the coin. To quote Dennis Nedry (Newman) from Jurassic Park, "don't get cheap on me, Steven."

Maybe it's just me....
But if I was SS, I would be very careful about what I would put my bumper sticker on.

Perhaps he needs the dough?
Seems unlikely....but....who knows?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #993 of 1423 Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Taffy,
I have to know what other shows you think are great besides this and Falling Skies.

I also like Person Of Interest, The Mentalist, Supernatural , NCIS Los Angeles, Last Man Standing, Hawaii 5-0 , and Revenge
On Cable I enjoy The Walking Dead and The Glades
post #994 of 1423 Old 11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I gotta wonder if Heroes wasn't also done by the guys who did this show:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460651/

VERY similiar evolution devolution.

Actually you got that wrong.

By the end of the first season it was actually an excellent sci-fi show. It has one of the best finales out of any sci-fi show I can remember on network.

It's the middle of the season that killed Invasion. It was so boring in some episodes that it literally sent me to sleep.

post #995 of 1423 Old 11-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
trying to contribute here... uhm ... anyone mention sound sucks and LFE on discovery channel is better?
post #996 of 1423 Old 11-07-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
For your enjoyment, I have printed the lyrics of what will undoubtedly be the greatest science fiction song in any series to date. Personally, I would love a recording. If you haven't watched this episode yet, I would certainly find a source and do it just for this song. This is quality stuff here, folks.

Go Away Spider Song

Go away spider - go, go, go
We don't like you - no, no, no
Cuz you are creepy crawly
Un you are really sticky
Go away spider
post #997 of 1423 Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 PM

Liked: 11
Terra Nova outdid itself with this episode. It had the highest GPR of any episode. GPR stands for groans per minute. And when I say groans, I mean groans of disgust; not the good kind of groans. I think I even face palmed during the episode.

I don't even know where to start with this episode. I was happy to see the power go off in Terra Nova. About time something bad happened. Things have been way to civilized and easy for these colonists. Of course, by the end of the episode, everything and everyone is OK. Where's the sense of danger?

I was disappointed that the dinosaur didn't get to knock down their flimsy fence. That would have livened things up. And what the heck is the "perimeter." Commander Taylor said that the perimeter was down. What's the perimeter made of? Is it powered by electricity? How does it work to keep dinosaurs out? Somehow I doubt these questions will ever be answered. I hope we at least get to see the perimeter.

And why wasn't the colony prepared for an EMP, since meteors were more common 85 million years ago? All they would have needed to do was to have the "Chip Maker" in the room that the "Eye" was in. It would have been safe from the EMP in there.

When the EMP destroyed all of the chips, I was excited. I thought we would either get to see a manufacturing plant, at Terra Nova, where they make micro chips; or we would get to see the colonist struggle for several episodes, while they waited for new chips from the future, and would be forced to adapt without all of their technology. Nope. They have a chip maker.

Every problem on this show has an easy and obvious solution. There's no sense of challenge. There's also no sense of wonder and discovery. These colonists traveled millions of years in time, to a parallel Earth, and everyone acts like it's just another day at the office. Everything seems mundane.

And could the "Eye" be any lamer? It's a poor man's Holodeck. And 2 of the main characters got stuck in the Holodeck in this episode. Hmm, why does that sound familiar? I hope we don't ever see the "Eye" again. That room reeks of "episode filler" and budget savings.

My favorite part of the episode, was the fight scene between the disposable Sixers and Jim and Taylor. It was awesomely bad. I laughed several times during the "fight." I can't believe I'm watching a live action show that has villains that shout before they attack. The Sixers kind of remind me of the Putties from the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. They were disposable foot soldiers that also made stupid noises while attacking. Are we supposed to take the Sixers seriously? Because I'm having a hard time doing that.

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
post #998 of 1423 Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Better than a few recent episodes. This one had some more dino airtime. Lots of action and barroom style fighting, too. And a major plot advancement right at the end.
post #999 of 1423 Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Something tells me this show is already getting axed once the last episodes air.

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
post #1000 of 1423 Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Actually you got that wrong.

By the end of the first season it was actually an excellent sci-fi show. It has one of the best finales out of any sci-fi show I can remember on network.

It's the middle of the season that killed Invasion. It was so boring in some episodes that it literally sent me to sleep.

Yeah, I think that was where I drifted off too....
Kinda sad.
Good characters, bad storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randalthor View Post

Terra Nova outdid itself with this episode. It had the highest GPR of any episode. GPR stands for groans per minute. And when I say groans, I mean groans of disgust; not the good kind of groans. I think I even face palmed during the episode.

I don't even know where to start with this episode. I was happy to see the power go off in Terra Nova. About time something bad happened. Things have been way to civilized and easy for these colonists. Of course, by the end of the episode, everything and everyone is OK. Where's the sense of danger?

I was disappointed that the dinosaur didn't get to knock down their flimsy fence. That would have livened things up. And what the heck is the "perimeter." Commander Taylor said that the perimeter was down. What's the perimeter made of? Is it powered by electricity? How does it work to keep dinosaurs out? Somehow I doubt these questions will ever be answered. I hope we at least get to see the perimeter.

And why wasn't the colony prepared for an EMP, since meteors were more common 85 million years ago? All they would have needed to do was to have the "Chip Maker" in the room that the "Eye" was in. It would have been safe from the EMP in there.

When the EMP destroyed all of the chips, I was excited. I thought we would either get to see a manufacturing plant, at Terra Nova, where they make micro chips; or we would get to see the colonist struggle for several episodes, while they waited for new chips from the future, and would be forced to adapt without all of their technology. Nope. They have a chip maker.

Every problem on this show has an easy and obvious solution. There's no sense of challenge. There's also no sense of wonder and discovery. These colonists traveled millions of years in time, to a parallel Earth, and everyone acts like it's just another day at the office. Everything seems mundane.

And could the "Eye" be any lamer? It's a poor man's Holodeck. And 2 of the main characters got stuck in the Holodeck in this episode. Hmm, why does that sound familiar? I hope we don't ever see the "Eye" again. That room reeks of "episode filler" and budget savings.

My favorite part of the episode, was the fight scene between the disposable Sixers and Jim and Taylor. It was awesomely bad. I laughed several times during the "fight." I can't believe I'm watching a live action show that has villains that shout before they attack. The Sixers kind of remind me of the Putties from the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. They were disposable foot soldiers that also made stupid noises while attacking. Are we supposed to take the Sixers seriously? Because I'm having a hard time doing that.

This may be the perfect penultimate post for this trainwreck (aka Terra Nova)....

post #1001 of 1423 Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Since the first thing they did was touch the new microchips out of the "replicator" w/o any ESD protection, most of them would probably be either ruined or degraded. Bad techno writing. Would have been interesting to know how the bar guy could make a chip to fix the replicator.

This episode was pretty low 'til the last couple of minutes.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #1002 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 01:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

For your enjoyment, I have printed the lyrics of what will undoubtedly be the greatest science fiction song in any series to date. Personally, I would love a recording. If you haven't watched this episode yet, I would certainly find a source and do it just for this song. This is quality stuff here, folks.

Go Away Spider Song

Go away spider - go, go, go
We don't like you - no, no, no
Cuz you are creepy crawly
Un you are really sticky
Go away spider

I agree, that song rocks!

Quote:

I had the same thought. Then I realized it would have only been a 5 minute episode.

Well, at least we got a glimpse or two of dinosaurs.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1003 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarg7883 View Post

Better than a few recent episodes. This one had some more dino airtime. Lots of action and barroom style fighting, too. And a major plot advancement right at the end.

I agree for mindless entertainment it was enjoyable.

For other factors like the worm, gross factor
post #1004 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I thought this was the best episode of the season and they are introducting new tech with "The Eye" pretty cool stuff. Sure some of the science isn't correct and the effects aren't correct, but its a TV show, I am just along for the ride. The last part of the show totally made it for me, with the Col.'s son and his plan, sooo can't wait for them to flesh it out more.

post #1005 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Sixers kind of remind me of the Putties from the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. They were disposable foot soldiers that also made stupid noises while attacking. Are we supposed to take the Sixers seriously? Because I'm having a hard time doing that.

What's really scary is that you know about what the Putties are from the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers.
post #1006 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 AM

Liked: 12
I say it's the best episode since the premiere. Some major dino action. More Taylor action. Plot lines were actually followed up--Taylor's son appeared! It's enough to keep me around at least.
post #1007 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Really, the best episode? The stupid daughters just ruin this show for me. I hate the youngest daughter and would just love for her to get eaten by a dinosaur.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #1008 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

What's really scary is that you know about what the Putties are from the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers.

I get a free pass on that one, because I watched the show when I was a kid; not an adult.

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
post #1009 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

There seemed to be a faint resemblance of the dino to Godzilla only I thought Godzilla looked more realistic.

post #1010 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Really, the best episode? The stupid daughters just ruin this show for me. I hate the youngest daughter and would just love for her to get eaten by a dinosaur.

But they're so cute. Don't you like cute?
post #1011 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

There seemed to be a faint resemblance of the dino to Godzilla

Heh... when I saw the dino the sixers were driving, my thought was, that it was one of the few dinosaurs on the show that I actually recognized. At least it looked like a spinosaur to me, and those were really big
post #1012 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrporter View Post

a spinosaur and those were really big

REALLY!!!
Take a look at the one in JP3!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus

post #1013 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I was REALLY hoping to see the daughter with her boyfriend half-eaten and dangling from the trees. Now THAT would've been great and earned TN a lot of points in my book.
post #1014 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was REALLY hoping to see the daughter with her boyfriend half-eaten and dangling from the trees. Now THAT would've been great and earned TN a lot of points in my book.

I don't think that would make for very good family entertainment. Sounds good for an HBO special though.
post #1015 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/08/te...k-rules-earth/

Well, someone is enjoying TN. Show saw a substantial spike in viewers last night, according to EW.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #1016 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/08/te...k-rules-earth/

Well, someone is enjoying TN. Show saw a substantial spike in viewers last night, according to EW.

Good News !! While many people here are determined to spout out trash about everything about the show and be super critical I continue enjoying Terra Nova and will watch and hope it is given a renewal !!
post #1017 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 548
I agree; any ratings uptick is good news. I certainly don't think the television landscape will be improved if yet another genre series meets an early death.
post #1018 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I tried. I wanted to like the show. But the last episode drove me away about 10 minutes in. Sorry Terra Nova... good luck to those of you that like the show.
post #1019 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 06:24 PM

This was a great episode with the Spider song. The freaky dinosaur fights are awesome. The best sci-fi show for the past couple years!
post #1020 of 1423 Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Your SF bar is set pretty low.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page