Body of Proof - ABC HD - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 198 Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I thought that this week's show was excellent. The story line was compelling and the twist at the end was very surprising. The actor playing the Ukranian "Angel of Mercy" (as it turned out) was very good and, as others have noted, Jeri Ryan still has a body to die for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 198 Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
All I can say about Jeri is WOW.
post #183 of 198 Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Ivan Sergei played a medical examiner on Crossing Jordan.
post #184 of 198 Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I go back even further when he was one of the stars on Jack&Jill.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #185 of 198 Old 05-17-2013, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I finally got the time to watch the way out-of-sequence episode titled "Breakout" (#303). The fact that it was out-of-sequence really showed.

But what really caught my attention was when the two guys wanted to leave and go see Raiders of the Lost Ark at the IMAX. Nothing wrong there until one of them said that it was a 70mm print. Oops. While IMAX did/does (depending on where you live) use 70mm film (sideways), it wasn't meant that way. He was speaking of the old 70mm film projection system. How can anyone in Hollyweed miss that screwed up reference?

So much for proofreading scripts.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #186 of 198 Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Well to tell you the truth I didn't care if it was IMAX or whatever but they sounded funny (most of the audience wouldn't know)

I just hope Jeri gets another show or this one gets picked up by cable (maybe HBO LOL)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #187 of 198 Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Oh, I agree that the bit was funny.

It is depressing that another good show gets dropped by the network. It was such a lame excuse as well.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #188 of 198 Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Replaced by Lucky 7, which I don't see lasting long, 7 lottery winners that I bet their money won't last a season.. LOL

post #189 of 198 Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 169
From the "Hot Off The Press" thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). smile.gif

TV Notes
ABC Eyes ‘Body Of Proof’ Resurrection
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Oct. 22, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Look who might be coming back from the dead. I’ve learned that ABC is considering bringing back crime drama Body Of Proof. I hear the discussions started at the beginning of the season, with the network expected to make a decision whether to move on with the revival, likely for midseason, within the next month as it gets a more clear picture of how many of its new series would stay on beyond the fall. As Body of Proof’s cast, writers and crew have all moved on following the May cancellation (showrunner Evan Katz is executive producing Fox’s 24: Live Another Day), there is a lot of work to be done to re-assemble a team and bring back star Dana Delany to be able to get the show up and running for midseason.

Body Of Proof‘s cancellation after three seasons was a head-scratcher. The procedural was not a hit by any means, but it did improve its ratings in the second half of its most recent midseason run and its retool was well received creatively though not so much commercially. With the cancellation, ABC walked away from an average audience of 11 million viewers, the third-largest for an ABC drama series last season, and 2.0/6 in the adults 18-49 demo. That is higher than three of ABC’s four new drama series – Lucky 7, Betrayal and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. Cancelling Body Of Proof was a financial hit to sibling ABC Studios, which had incurred three seasons worth of deficits and was making a lot of money off the show internationally. Additionally, Body Of Proof had won the California tax credit lottery, helping keep its production costs manageable. With the cancellation, those incentives are now gone, so the producers must figure out another way to make the series financially appealing. I hear that may involve moving production to another state, possibly to its original location of Rhode Island where the series filmed its first season before moving to Los Angeles after winning the lottery. But most of all, the cancellation deprived ABC of a reliable drama backup, which would’ve come in handy when Lucky 7 fizzled in Body Of Proof‘s Tuesday 10 PM slot.

Following the May axing by ABC, ABC Studios fought hard to keep the series alive elsewhere, shopping it to established networks such as TNT and USA Network as well as emerging players, such as Tribune’s WGN America, but ultimately couldn’t find a new home for the show.

If it comes back, Body Of Proof will mirror the resurrection of another broadcast procedural with a female lead, CBS’ Unforgettable, which too was cancelled by CBS despite decent ratings. Like Body Of Proof, it explored a move to cable until CBS reversed its decision and picked up the show for a summer run, which recently led to another renewal.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/body-of-proof-might-return-abc/
post #190 of 198 Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I think I just removed my Season Pass last week rolleyes.gif Oh well if BOP comes back I'll be happy anyway. I've just got to keep an eye out for it so I don't miss it. I for one liked BOP and looked forward to it every week, even if they did screw with the episode order from time to time, making things not always make sense.
post #191 of 198 Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

The cancellation was a very disappointing move by ABC. BOP was a very good show. As the article suggests, it may be difficult to put the cat back in the bag. How about filming on location in Philly? Too expensive?
post #192 of 198 Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post

The cancellation was a very disappointing move by ABC.

I always said that it was a bad move. I didn't fully care for the change in season 2, but the show was still on the air.
Quote:
How about filming on location in Philly? Too expensive?

Ya, if they went back to using film, it would indeed be more expensive. biggrin.gif The series was shot using video gear, so it was recorded, not filmed. Certainly wasn't video taped either. Who uses tape anymore when shooting a show? Tape is still used in the distribution of some shows.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #193 of 198 Old 10-23-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

I always said that it was a bad move. I didn't fully care for the change in season 2, but the show was still on the air.
Ya, if they went back to using film, it would indeed be more expensive. biggrin.gif The series was shot using video gear, so it was recorded, not filmed. Certainly wasn't video taped either. Who uses tape anymore when shooting a show? Tape is still used in the distribution of some shows.

Ha! My question was more about location than tech. Just a phrase I guess... Showing my age.
post #194 of 198 Old 10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I don't care about Dana but they better bring back Jeri Ryan. biggrin.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #195 of 198 Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^^

Indeed, and more lingerie shots please...

Hoping Dana goes to a Dentist to have her teeth bleached before they re-start (if they do)

post #196 of 198 Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 169
From the "Hot Off The Press" thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). frown.gif

TV Notes
'Body Of Proof' Not Returning, Dana Delany Confirms
By HuffingtonPost.com Staff - Nov. 13, 2013

"Body of Proof" will not be returning from the dead. Series star Dana Delany took to Twitter to share the news.

Sorry to disappoint some, but #bodyofproof will not be resurrected. May she rest in peace. Time for new adventures!

Deadline reported ABC was looking at bringing the medical examiner drama back for midseason after "Lucky 7" crashed and burned in the timeslot previously held by "Body of Proof."

During a recent visit to HuffPost Live, Delany was asked about the cancellation of her 3-year-old drama and pointed out the difference in ratings between "Body of Proof" and "Lucky 7."

"I feel like we had three strong seasons," Delany said. "I would just like to mention that the show that replaced us got half the amount of viewers that we did. I think we did OK. I think they could've kept us a little bit longer and I think they're going to probably regret it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/body-of-proof-not-returning_n_4262695.html?utm_hp_ref=tv
post #197 of 198 Old 11-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Is it me, or is Mark Valley Kryptonite for just about every show he's on?
"Body of Proof"
"Harry's Law"
"Human Target"
"Fringe" (though he left that long before it was canceled)

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #198 of 198 Old 11-14-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Bad news indeed, I don't know what ABC is going to do Tuesdays at 10 anymore.. what are they airing right now?

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page