Body of Proof - ABC HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 198 Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 93
On March 29th, Body of Proof will premiere on ABC.

A little bit ago I finished watching the first episode (minus about the first 7 minutes )

Kinda reminded me of Columbo, in some respects.

In any event, I enjoyed the first episode and hope that they can keep it up from week-to-week.

Enjoy!

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 198 Old 03-16-2011, 11:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Every time I see the previews I keep thinking it's another UK import remake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Witness

I know it isn't but that's what it reminds me of.

And Quincy, which I loved.

Even though Dana Delaney is more attractive than Jack Klugman I think I'll still prefer the old guy.

post #3 of 198 Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I forgot all about Quincy, which I too used to watch.

Give Delaney a chance.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 198 Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 AM
sfb

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
been looking forward to this-I hope it doesn't disappoint.
post #5 of 198 Old 03-17-2011, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

It is all in the taste. Too many shows that I tend to like, tend to vanish from the airwaves

Mr. Video

post #6 of 198 Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 405
I've had a thing for Dana Delaney since "China Beach" so I'll definitely give this a look-see.
post #7 of 198 Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 AM
sfb

me too. I can't believe its not on DVD yet.
post #8 of 198 Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfb View Post
me too. I can't believe its not on DVD yet.
I think I read somewhere it was because of the music, don't remember the details.
post #9 of 198 Old 03-18-2011, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post
I've had a thing for Dana Delaney since "China Beach" so I'll definitely give this a look-see.
Then you must watch - somehow - Exit to Eden.
post #10 of 198 Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post
Then you must watch - somehow - Exit to Eden.
You know, I have vague memories of seeing that film, or at least I tried to, may have to take another look, I know she looked very nice in it.
post #11 of 198 Old 03-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
You know, I have vague memories of seeing that film, or at least I tried to, may have to take another look, I know she looked very nice in it.

My memories aren't vague at all. I just about wore out the rewind and pause buttons on the VCR with that one and then the FF button whenever Rosie O Donnel was on-screen!
post #12 of 198 Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:

She looked very naked in it.

$40-$75 for the DVD. Up to $50 for a used VHS copy.
post #13 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Sheesh.

After giving her "learn from the body" speech, the detective exits fast "for coffee". I can imagine lots of viewers leaving also.
post #14 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Pronounced Delaney, but it's Delany..

Liked the pilot, let's see more episodes.. (too little Jeri Ryan IMO, she's the main boss she should be involved more)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #15 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I think I read somewhere it was because of the music, don't remember the details.

It is. There are a lot of greedy bastards out there that will do whatever they can to get as much as they can, which ultimately ends up with everyone getting nothing.

Mr. Video

post #16 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grittree View Post

After giving her "learn from the body" speech, the detective exits fast "for coffee". I can imagine lots of viewers leaving also.

Ouch! Let me guess... you didn't care for the show.

Mr. Video

post #17 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
13.8 million viewers!

Nielsen Overnights (18-49)
Solid premiere for ABC's 'Body of Proof'
Averages a 3.0 in 18-49s, holding 71 percent of lead-in
By Toni Fitzgerald, Media Life Magazine - March 30th, 2011

With a strong lead-in from "Dancing with the Stars," ABC's new drama "Body of Proof" notched a promising premiere last night.

"Proof" averaged a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating in the 10 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, dominating the timeslot over a pair of second-year dramas. NBC's "Parenthood" and CBS's "The Good Wife" tied for second at a 1.9 apiece.

"Proof" held 71 percent of "Stars'" lead-in, not a great retention but better percentage-wise than established lead-out "Castle" usually does on Monday nights.

And "Proof" saw only a 13 percent decline from its first half hour to its second, going from a 3.2 to a 2.8, meaning most viewers liked what they saw.

"Proof" helped ABC to a rare Tuesday night victory. The network led the night among 18-49s with a 3.3 average overnight rating and a 9 share thanks to the night's highest-rated program, the first "Stars" results show of the season, which averaged a 4.2, off 5 percent from last fall's debut.

CBS was second for the night at 3.1/8, NBC third at 2.3/6, Univision fourth at 1.9/5, Fox fifth at 1.3/4, Telemundo sixth at 0.8/2 and CW seventh at 0.3/1.

As a reminder, all ratings are based on live-plus-same-day DVR playback. Seven-day DVR data won't be available for several weeks. Forty percent of Nielsen households have DVRs.

CBS started the night in the lead with a 3.8 at 8 p.m. for "NCIS," followed by ABC with a 2.7 for a "Stars" recap episode. NBC was third with a 2.4 for "The Biggest Loser," Univision fourth with a season-high 2.0 for "Eva Luna," Fox fifth with a 1.4 for a "Glee" rerun, Telemundo sixth with a 0.5 for "Aurora" and CW sixth with a 0.3 for a repeat of "One Tree Hill."

ABC took the lead at 9 p.m. with a 4.2 for the "Stars" results episode, while CBS slid to second with a 3.5 for "NCIS: Los Angeles." NBC was third with a 2.8 for more "Loser," Univision fourth with a season-high 2.3 for 'Triunfo del Amor," Fox fifth with a 1.2 for a repeat of "Raising Hope" (1.3) and a new "Traffic Light" (1.1), Telemundo sixth with a 0.5 for "Los Herederos del Monte" and CW seventh with a 0.3 for a "Hellcats" rerun.

At 10 p.m. ABC was first again with a 3.0 for "Proof," with CBS and NBC tied for second at 1.9, CBS for "Wife" and NBC for "Parenthood." Univision was fourth with a 1.5 for the end of "Triunfo" and start of a soccer match between Mexico and Venezuela, with Telemundo fifth with a 1.3 for "La Reina del Sur."

ABC was also first for the night among households with a 9.6 average overnight rating and a 15 share. CBS was second at 9.0/14, NBC third at 3.9/6, Fox and Univision tied for fourth at 2.3/4, Telemundo sixth at 0.9/1 and CW seventh at 0.5/1.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...-of-Proof-.asp

post #18 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I really liked it, as did the wife. I'm a bit irked at their decision to show a new episode on Sunday night, though. Hope I dont forget about it.

Now in NE Tucson, AZ with a cheap rabbit ears antenna. Got everything except KTTU (MyNetwork).
post #19 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

And Quincy, which I loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

I forgot all about Quincy, which I too used to watch.

We loved Quincy too, and that was the first "it's sort of like" that came to mind for me too. Then as the show progressed, I realized it was very much like "Mentalist" - another fav - but without the coemdic straightman Cho and the sexual tension between Rigby and VanPelt. He (She) "lost" her spouse and daughter and now helps the cops see the clues that nobody else notices... and doesn't mind telling them so!

I liked the new show... not yet a fav, but I'll be sure to watch the first few eps. My wife wasn't so thrilled (maybe because it's "another woman"). It's good to see Jerri Ryan again too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post

My memories aren't vague at all. I just about wore out the rewind and pause buttons on the VCR with that one and then the FF button whenever Rosie O Donnel was on-screen!

Rosie nearly ruined the movie. Akroyd was tolerable. And the black model certainly made things interesting. Still it was Dana and her entourage that made the movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

$40-$75 for the DVD.

You're kidding! Didn't know I had a gold mine sitting on the shelf!

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 3312ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, DSW660 & Lsi9's upstairs
post #20 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Ouch! Let me guess... you didn't care for the show.

I really liked the cast. And Dana and Jeri are aging well. What I didn't care for was the writing quality. Too trite.
post #21 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A little too whimsical for me.....
I'd like to see it get a bit more serious.
post #22 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 01:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I watched the first half of the Body of Proof pilot and then deleted my season pass. That was partly because what I saw of the show seemed to be just one more unimaginative, paint by the numbers, medical crime show starring an aging actress. Worse, the local OKC ABC affiliate has awful 5.1 audio. For reasons I can't explain, the center channel has a +4dB boost, the audio often crackles and is slightly out of sync. This combination of mediocre sound and awful audio turned out to be more than I could abide. I hope the show improves and that those of you who stick with it enjoy it, though.
post #23 of 198 Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I watched the first half of the Body of Proof pilot and then deleted my season pass. That was partly because what I saw of the show seemed to be just one more unimaginative, paint by the numbers, medical crime show starring an aging actress. Worse, the local OKC ABC affiliate has awful 5.1 audio. For reasons I can't explain, the center channel has a +4dB boost, the audio often crackles and is slightly out of sync. This combination of mediocre sound and awful audio turned out to be more than I could abide. I hope the show improves and that those of you who stick with it enjoy it, though.
I pretty much agree with your assessment, I was basically bored and found I was waiting for it to hurry up and be over. I'll watch the next 2 eps though as the pilot can quite often be different from the rest, although DrDon mentioned that it got worse, so I guess we'll see.
post #24 of 198 Old 03-31-2011, 05:21 AM
sfb

not as good as I hoped, but I'll keep watching for now.
post #25 of 198 Old 03-31-2011, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 42
Yeah, I dunno. Like her but didn't like her character, hoped it would be better. I thought the exposition was as clumsy as I've ever seen. OK, she's brilliant. OK, she doesn't play by the rules. OK, she wins everyone over by the end. I felt like I was being hit on the head with a two-by-four.
post #26 of 198 Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I watched this with my teenage daughter and we both enjoyed it. She liked Dana's character quite a bit (she doesn't watch Desperate Housewives, so she didin't see here there). One point that we both came away with is that the writers in this show are going to make a point of humanizing and honoring the victim, something that is not done very often any more.
post #27 of 198 Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm with gwsat and a few others. Cookie cutter show, preachy premise, fading beauty, but brilliant ME/former surgeon with personal problems is allowed to ride roughshod over the cops, interview suspects and catch the baddie(s)...please. This looks like a pretty poor vehicle to display DDs talents.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #28 of 198 Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Just got around to this and I'm sorry I bothered.

It's not just the triteness of the characters and situations. It's not just lack of credibility of the plot or the situations. It's not even just that it was so predictable and boring.

It was how it was set in an imaginary Philadelphia portrayed very poorly by Providence, RI.

This giant imaginary "Philadelphia County Medical Center" (made out of pixels) was plopped down in the middle of a collage of iconic Philadelphia buildings that aren't even located correctly in relation to each other. I'm sure the real Philadelphia medical examiners (whose headquarters are in a 40-year old building in an entirely different part of the city from which you can't even see those buildings) were laughing in their beer (if they weren't crying over the false impression that they're actually well funded and equipped).

It was sometimes hilarious, though. At one point they represented a building as a police station (it was b-roll of a Philadelphia building called the Union League, nothing to do with the police) as the place the detectives and medical examiners went for questioning of the boyfriend character; but when the scene was over and they exited, the building they came out of was a completely different one -- in Providence!

My bottom line, as usual with these assembly-line shows, is: if they don't care, why should I?

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #29 of 198 Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Yes, that was something I had forgotten to mention in my previous post, that CGI image of the "medical center" was hilarious, notice how the side of the building comes right flush with the street on the left hand side, not to mention the cartoonish quality of the image itself, just utterly awful. How much money did they spend on that? Looked like around $100.
post #30 of 198 Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Still haven't decided if I'll watch this pilot based on some of your reviews... but I've watched every single broadcast pilot this year so why quit now.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page