Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #781 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 513
I agree that Schumacher might be extremely reluctant to get involved in Mercedes' F1 management with Hamilton in the equation, especially since the cars have not been particularly competitive. Hamilton and a car that is mediocre, at best, seem like a toxic combination to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^
yea, no doubt he does love f1... and imo, it'd be a good move for mercedes if he would take that spot... no secret i'm a big fan of his, and the power of his personality might be just what they need there...
that's gonna be a HARD job though... between the car being 4th fastest, at best,(although who knows what next year will bring) and that i expect hamilton to be patient with that for a total of say, 2 grand prix, there's gonna be some ugly moments coming on that team... for example, lewis's "power of personality" is going to completely overwhelm nico next year... it's been relatively "easy" for nico the last couple years, all he had to do was stay ahead of the old guy in qualifying, and he was immune to criticism...
but two things are going to change greatly for him next year... as much as i love schumi, lewis is WAY faster than he is at this point in time, and he is likely to make nico look very bad... and lewis completely dominates nico when it comes to "aura of f1 driver", if you get my point... lewis may crush nico emotionally, in addition of crushing him on the track...
Nico ain't in the same league as Hamilton when it comes to driver's skills.
Nice kid, but not likely to be world champion.

I am counting the races until LH loses his cool and tells the world just how crappy the Mercedes team is...wink.gif
Quote:
what i'd REALLY like to see michael do is buy out bernie... smile.gif THAT is the job he needs, and by relieving us of bernie, he'd be making a contribution to the sport that would really put a cherry on his career... i have faith in michael that he wouldn't make decisions based solely on how big of a check someone writes him...
That is an interesting thought, but I don't know if he has the $$$.

Seeing MS in some kind of management position somewhere would be good for the sport.
He is a certified legend.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #783 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 855
There's a new kid in town. God Almighty I wish I had known about this forum during the season! I am a huge F1 fan in Ohio and have no one to share my passion with. You guys will probably hate me before long.tongue.gif I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on all the characters in this forum and look forward to arguing with all of you. I'll start by saying "Go Scuderia Ferrari!"smile.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #784 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
My first thought with Hamilton was he must know something. Then rumors of Mercedes increasing their budget came out. Then they were quashed.

Now Lauda is in as lord overseer and Haug is out. Mercedes wouldn't get into F1 if they didn't intend to win, and they've only been a team since 2010, so time for an upgrade.

If Hamilton is there for 3 years (I don't know how long his contract is for) I'd expect a world championship for him. Button is on record warning Nico about Hamilton's speed in a slow car - he ain't Schumi, he's in his prime and hungry as hell.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #785 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

There's a new kid in town. God Almighty I wish I had known about this forum during the season! I am a huge F1 fan in Ohio and have no one to share my passion with. You guys will probably hate me before long.tongue.gif I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on all the characters in this forum and look forward to arguing with all of you. I'll start by saying "Go Scuderia Ferrari!"smile.gif
WELCOME!smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

My first thought with Hamilton was he must know something. Then rumors of Mercedes increasing their budget came out. Then they were quashed.
Now Lauda is in as lord overseer and Haug is out. Mercedes wouldn't get into F1 if they didn't intend to win, and they've only been a team since 2010, so time for an upgrade.
If Hamilton is there for 3 years (I don't know how long his contract is for) I'd expect a world championship for him. Button is on record warning Nico about Hamilton's speed in a slow car - he ain't Schumi, he's in his prime and hungry as hell.
LH has to learn patience, some serious people skills, and simply grow up a little.

Take a look at Alonso....the TEAM loves the guy!wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #786 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Nico is no slouch by any means and he knows the car and team a lot better than Hamilton. Dont expect Hamilton to just come in and shame Nico. Dont forget Nico has 1 win and is as hungry as anyone.

post #787 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Nico is no slouch by any means and he knows the car and team a lot better than Hamilton. Dont expect Hamilton to just come in and shame Nico. Dont forget Nico has 1 win and is as hungry as anyone.
Thanks for the welcome. Totally agree with your assessment of Hamilton. It will be interesting to see how well he gels with a team that didnt raise him as a pup.

post #788 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:

+1 I am also a big Ferrari Team fan. I am hoping that Alonso can earn that championship in 2013. 2012 was close, even with the car being slower than the Red Bull and McLaren.
post #789 of 789 Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Let's pick it up on a new thread for 2013. I have created one at 2013 Formula 1 in HD
oink and Bond 007 like this.

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page