post #541 of 1189 Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

Anybody know when the killer will be revealed?

they've stated that the killer will be revealed in the final episode of Season 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Which will be shown to be one season too long, I think, and probably the last one. This show right now is beyond saving but I'll watch to the end just because I still like watching both of the cops. I blame all of this on Sud.
post #543 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anything ever really happen in this series? Every once in a while they throw out a bone, usually at the end of the episode; and I wasted an hour for this?
At this point i don't give a damn who killed Rosie.
We do have a possible award for the most annoying police detective who also happens to be the world's worst mother.
I'm signing off of this one. Don't know why i kept on this long.
post #544 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMilner View Post

Does anything ever really happen in this series? Every once in a while they throw out a bone, usually at the end of the episode; and I wasted an hour for this?
At this point i don't give a damn who killed Rosie.
We do have a possible award for the most annoying police detective who also happens to be the world's worst mother.
I'm signing off of this one. Don't know why i kept on this long.

I don't know about that, I think Lori in The Walking Dead has the world's worst mother title sewn up for the time being.
post #545 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Liked: 10
Last episode ....grrrrrr...I'm giving up also. I thought it was supposed to be soon within the 2nd season or at worst by 3rd or 4th episode. Ridiculous.
post #546 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theob View Post

Last episode ....grrrrrr...I'm giving up also. I thought it was supposed to be soon within the 2nd season or at worst by 3rd or 4th episode. Ridiculous.

they're probably smart not to do that as a lot of people would probably bail on the show after the reveal so it's best to save it for the final episode
post #547 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I don't know about that, I think Lori in The Walking Dead has the world's worst mother title sewn up for the time being.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :-D She bugs the hell out of me! But then she also annoyed me like crazy on Prison Break, so there's probably some residual stuff happening here. ;-)
post #548 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

they're probably smart not to do that as a lot of people would probably bail on the show after the reveal so it's best to save it for the final episode

So when is the final episode? Please tell me it is soon.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #549 of 1189 Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

So when is the final episode? Please tell me it is soon.

Episode 5 out of 13 aired this past week...so as of now June 17th is the airdate for the final episode
post #550 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
What makes The Killing good IMO is not just the mystery, but the character development. I find the characters to be quite interesting - though not particularly pleasant (no one I would want to hang around). The detectives, the Larson family, etc, all of them are interesting and have been developed nicely over the season + ..

I'm sure this show not for everyone, and yes, the pace is very slow. Not much happens in some shows as some posters have pointed out. All true. But I definitely did not watch the show just to find out "who did it?" even after 1 full season. Would I have liked the show any more if they told us the killer already? No actually. I can watch CSI or the dozen other "who done it" shows if all I want is to guess a killer.

While I agree the case - and the killer - are still the core of the show, what makes it good for me is not that at all, but the characters. Unlikable as they are....
post #551 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post

What makes The Killing good IMO is not just the mystery, but the character development. I find the characters to be quite interesting - though not particularly pleasant (no one I would want to hang around). The detectives, the Larson family, etc, all of them are interesting and have been developed nicely over the season + ..

I'm sure this show not for everyone, and yes, the pace is very slow. Not much happens in some shows as some posters have pointed out. All true. But I definitely did not watch the show just to find out "who did it?" even after 1 full season. Would I have liked the show any more if they told us the killer already? No actually. I can watch CSI or the dozen other "who done it" shows if all I want is to guess a killer.

While I agree the case - and the killer - are still the core of the show, what makes it good for me is not that at all, but the characters. Unlikable as they are....

I totally agree with this.

During the hiatus I watched the Danish version (both seasons, two different stories). Without getting into spoiler territory, I am curious about something (which I brought up previously): season 1 of the Danish version was something like 22 episodes shown in two parts over the course of a year, with the killer revealed at the very end.

So I'm wondering if that was AMC's and Sud's plan all along, i.e. to mirror the Danish series, so that what was considered one season there is two here. But given the fact the interval between the two halves was much longer here, I can see why AMC would tease it's audience with the possibility of a reveal at the end of season 1. Unfortunately they apparently shot themselves in the foot doing so. ;-)
post #552 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:

Agree with the above as well....Im still into the show even though I dont post about it....
post #553 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

It's not just the pace, it's the endless false starts/restarts/red herrings/sidelines. The murder could have *easily* been resolved last season except for all the endless twists and turns. It's way too drawn out, and Sud is going to pay the price for it when it gets canceled after this season.

This is not Denmark, and 26 eps to work this out is just way too long for one case.
post #554 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

It's not just the pace, it's the endless false starts/restarts/red herrings/sidelines. The murder could have *easily* been resolved last season except for all the endless twists and turns. It's way too drawn out, and Sud is going to pay the price for it when it gets canceled after this season.

This is not Denmark, and 26 eps to work this out is just way too long for one case.

Agree with this. Couple it with almost every single character getting worse and more depressed including the depressing setting of rainy Seattle. There doesn't seem to be any growth or positive projection from anyone. All you have is the dogged persistence of Linden who has a history of mental illness (going nuts on a similar case) and who is brutally neglecting her kid. I would finish the series out but then I would have to kill myself.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #555 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Agree with the above as well....Im still into the show even though I dont post about it....

Yeah, I'm enjoying this year more than the last few of the first season. I'm sure alot of people assume that the ratings tanked after the first year, but the 18-49s this year are the same, to even a little higher this season.
post #556 of 1189 Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
KOA
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
86 year old Dick Whitman killed Rosie.
post #557 of 1189 Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:

Add me to the list .. for all the dragging feet storyline / etc, the characters are all flawed humans that are interesting ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #558 of 1189 Old 04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I agree with those that stick with the show for the character development and overall mood/plot and I'm not concerned with a quick end to the Rosie case.

But this past episode really ticked me off. The typical cop cliches and situations were downright embarassing. When they were interrogating Alexi and the chief shows up and forces them to stop right when he was about to spill the beans? Pathetic. But I do have to give Stan props for finally hooking up with the good looking sister.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #559 of 1189 Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Episode 5 out of 13 aired this past week...so as of now June 17th is the airdate for the final episode

Thanks for the info. My God, what filler will they think of for the next 7 weeks?

Mikey Mo
"OAR OR DIE"

post #560 of 1189 Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Dr. Phil has more interesting characters.

Mikey Mo
"OAR OR DIE"

post #561 of 1189 Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

post #562 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

So at the end of the latest, when Mitch looks at the letter she wrote about her pregnancy, it was addressed to David Ranier. Do we know who this is (possible senior moment, so forgive me ... )?
post #563 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Rosie's real dad, but we don't know anything other than that yet.
post #564 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Right. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
post #565 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

was all this part of the Danish version (Stan not being Rosie's biological Dad, mob backstory, hooker backstory, perverted teacher etc)?
post #566 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

was all this part of the Danish version

Stan not being Rosie's biological Dad

Not mentioned AFAIK - so I'd say not. (If Stan is Theiss who was Nana/Rosie's dad)

Quote:
mob backstory

Yep - definitely some mob overtones and shady meetings.
Quote:
hooker backstory

Hmm - sort of. Her aunt knew she worked at a club.
Quote:
perverted teacher etc)?

Not perverted - but lots of suspicion aimed at him early in the series. (And I'm not sure a chemical found in his flat was properly resolved - but that's the nature of the series - lots of lose ends left hanging)
post #567 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 47
BTW - if anyone here enjoyed the original - there is a great Danish/Swedish co-production called Bron/Broen (The Bridge) set in Denmark and Sweden (near the bridge linking the two countries).

It's just started airing on BBC Four over here - though I'm watching it on Blu-ray. Cracking good drama.
post #568 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 View Post

BTW - if anyone here enjoyed the original - there is a great Danish/Swedish co-production called Bron/Broen (The Bridge) set in Denmark and Sweden (near the bridge linking the two countries).

It's just started airing on BBC Four over here - though I'm watching it on Blu-ray. Cracking good drama.

I've heard about Broen and it's on my list to see but the Blu-ray price is way too high currently at about $75. Also been wanting to see Borgen, and I see the 4th series of Engrenages(Spiral) is due out on disc in the UK in July.
post #569 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I too agree with you Don. I have enjoyed this season and look forward to the upcoming episodes.
post #570 of 1189 Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM

Liked: 12
I still enjoy it as well. However I found that the last episode was one of the weaker ones this season so far.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page