Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1111 of 1139 Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Egad! It should have been called "The Resurrection" rather than "The Killing." eek.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1139 Old 11-16-2013, 04:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 505
I'm pleased to hear this. Want to see how Linden gets out of shooting her lieutenant & former lover right in front of Holder. Egad indeed! eek.gif
post #1113 of 1139 Old 11-16-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I'm pleased to hear this. Want to see how Linden gets out of shooting her lieutenant & former lover right in front of Holder. Egad indeed! eek.gif

The way I read the article seemed to indicate it would be NF exclusive .. at any rate, glad to see a final wrap up ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #1114 of 1139 Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

The way I read the article seemed to indicate it would be NF exclusive .. at any rate, glad to see a final wrap up ..

That's right. Gotta' hand it to Netflix. Just when you thought the content providers might have colluded their way to pricing Netflix out of business, they jump into the original content game with both feet as well as recycling cancelled shows that have a devoted cult following, like this one, 'Damages', and 'Arrested Development', all of which I love. (I'm streaming the fourth, pulse-pounding season of 'Damages' - originally funded by DirecTV - now.) I had already become a subscriber a couple of years ago, but now Netflix has become a must-have if you're into quality TV.

The Amazons and the Hulu's of the world are now copying that model, and we'll see what they come up with. Eventually, quality TV will become a pay-for-view model, I guess. Don't know if that's ultimately a good or bad thing.
post #1115 of 1139 Old 11-16-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That's right. Gotta' hand it to Netflix. Just when you thought the content providers might have colluded their way to pricing Netflix out of business, they jump into the original content game with both feet as well as recycling cancelled shows that have a devoted cult following, like this one, 'Damages', and 'Arrested Development', all of which I loved. I had already become a subscriber a couple of years ago, but now Netflix has become a must-have if you're into quality TV.

The Amazons and the Hulu's of the world are now copying that model, and we'll see what they come up with. Eventually, quality TV will become a pay-for-view model, I guess. Don't know if that's ultimately a good or bad thing.

Yeah, I've been a NF subscriber since about day one .. even though some months we don't use it a lot, other times it gets used heavily ..

The NF produced material has always been pretty good, even going back to Lillyhammer ..

I think there will, at least in my lifetime, still be plenty of room for the networks .. but the temptation to cut the cable gets stronger every day .. especially if you live in an area where you've got OTA with a few channels ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #1116 of 1139 Old 01-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Welp i finally caught up, loved the atmosphere but wasn't surprised it got the axe.....................Thanks Netflix for a Season 4! It's a love-hate thing but i would still watch it:D

post #1117 of 1139 Old 01-18-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I wonder if NF will get the rights to the original? Hulu just put up the first season of the Swedish/Danish original of "The Bridge".
post #1118 of 1139 Old 01-18-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ NF exclusive on The Killing final season of 6 episodes .. I don't know if they bought the rights ..

post #1119 of 1139 Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ and I'm guessing that the 6 final episodes will be available all at once .. which is fine by me ..

Walter White and Jesse Pinkman
Nancy and Andy Botwin
Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale
Manny Ribera and Tony Montana
Scully and Mulder
Sheriff AndyTaylor and Deputy Barney Fife
Sheldon and Penny
Bert and Ernie
Pete and Myka

Linden and Holder

Not in any particular order .. wink.gif

post #1120 of 1139 Old 01-19-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

^^^ NF exclusive on The Killing final season of 6 episodes .. I don't know if they bought the rights ..
Sometimes that is part of the deal. I suspect the reason that the original "The Bridge" is up on Hulu is because FOX may hold US rights to it.
post #1121 of 1139 Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The final 6 episodes will be hitting Netflix on August 1st. I never saw this show until I gave it a chance this past January on Netflix and immediately fell in love with it. So it's bittersweet that Netflix saved it, but as everyone knows these are the absolute last episodes we'll ever get. Holder and Linden are such a great duo.
post #1122 of 1139 Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

The final 6 episodes will be hitting Netflix on August 1st. I never saw this show until I gave it a chance this past January on Netflix and immediately fell in love with it. So it's bittersweet that Netflix saved it, but as everyone knows these are the absolute last episodes we'll ever get. Holder and Linden are such a great duo.
If you haven't seen the Danish original you should give it a look as it's considerably better than this AMC version.
post #1123 of 1139 Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

If you haven't seen the Danish original you should give it a look as it's considerably better than this AMC version.

Is it on Netflix? If so, is Joel in that one too?
post #1124 of 1139 Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Is it on Netflix? If so, is Joel in that one too?
I just checked and didn't see it there. I thought it was available via one of the streaming services but Hulu doesn't appear to have it either. I didn't check Apple or Amazon but I doubt they have it. I watched via the DVD set(region free player).
post #1125 of 1139 Old 06-26-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Netflix Releases First Image of Joan Allen from 'The Killing'

Joan Allen being in the cast is certainly a bonus.
post #1126 of 1139 Old 06-26-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
I really never forgave the US version of The Killing for baiting us into believing it would be one season and done but instead going on and on -- and on.

I bought the BDs of all three series of the Danish version of The Killing (Forbrydelsen) and loved every minute of it. Sofie Gråbøl, who played the Danish version of the tortured female detective, was wonderful!
post #1127 of 1139 Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I really never forgave the US version of The Killing for baiting us into believing it would be one season and done but instead going on and on -- and on.

I bought the BDs of all three series of the Danish version of The Killing (Forbrydelsen) and loved every minute of it. Sofie Gråbøl, who played the Danish version of the tortured female detective, was wonderful!
Yes, she was very, very good. If you recall she actually did a bit part in the US version, an ADA I think it was.
post #1128 of 1139 Old 06-26-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 461
I watched the US version on Netflix first; they only had the original Danish version, which I wasn't aware of at first, in non-US regions (now UK, Ireland and the Netherlands--curiously not Denmark ). Using a DNS spoofer to access it, I watched a couple of episodes, but it was so much the same story that there seemed to be little point.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #1129 of 1139 Old 06-26-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I watched the US version on Netflix first; they only had the original Danish version, which I wasn't aware of at first, in non-US regions (now UK, Ireland and the Netherlands--curiously not Denmark ). Using a DNS spoofer to access it, I watched a couple of episodes, but it was so much the same story that there seemed to be little point.
Do they have the 3rd series/season of the Danish version on Netflix?
post #1130 of 1139 Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Do they have the 3rd series/season of the Danish version on Netflix?
Unfortunately, no (they have the first two seasons in the UK and Ireland, but only the first in the Netherlands region).

post #1131 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Trailer for final 6 episodes of the show courtesy of Netflix. It's behind a spoiler tag for those that have not seen the ending of season 3 and may still be watching it via Netflix or other means. The first 3 seasons are available on Netflix by the way.

Last edited by Keenan; 07-02-2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spoilerize video trailer
post #1132 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
While it is a similar story, the Danish original is much better acted, especially in the way the characters emote their feelings and motivations, there's much less expository dialog, because it's simply not needed.
post #1133 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Very happy they're getting another season to properly end the story. Always liked this show; never felt betrayed. From that trailer it looks like maybe the hunters will become the hunted?
post #1134 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Very happy they're getting another season to properly end the story. Always liked this show; never felt betrayed. From that trailer it looks like maybe the hunters will become the hunted?
Yes, it's just a trailer, but it's certainly got me enthused enough to watch the last 6 episodes, looks like it might be the darkest series yet.

And, we'll be able to watch it all at once, no waiting!
post #1135 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
While it is a similar story, the Danish original is much better acted, especially in the way the characters emote their feelings and motivations, there's much less expository dialog, because it's simply not needed.

Well, that's one opinion . I really enjoyed the US version; maybe in a year or two I'll have forgotten the first couple of seasons of the US version enough to enjoy revisiting the story with the Danish version.
Keenan likes this.

post #1136 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

BTW, that trailer is a bit spoiler-y. If you'd rather not know what they do about the situation created by Linden's "impulsive" act at the end of the previous season until you start watching the final season, don't watch it.

post #1137 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
BTW, that trailer is a bit spoiler-y. If you'd rather not know what they do about the situation created by Linden's "impulsive" act at the end of the previous season until you start watching the final season, don't watch it.
Yes, it sort of is, I'll put it in behind a spoiler tag.
post #1138 of 1139 Old 07-02-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I thought the Danish version of the show was considerably better written than the US version, especially Series 1 and 2, but to my way of thinking, Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman as the detectives in the US version have been out of this world. By the way, the Netflix trailer for the final episodes looked terrific to me too.
Keenan likes this.
post #1139 of 1139 Old 07-05-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I added the trailer to my queue but all it gives me is the episodes. I read this forum on Linux so the link won't play because Netflix scared to death of Linux (but not Hulu+). I hope someone told the writers there's no such place as an Elliot Bay Prison.

I guess it is not above the clueless high pedigreed network execs that releasing the foreign versions like on Netflix is not going to hurt sales. I bet that most network execs were raised in households where either TV was not allowed or only sports, news and PBS were watched and have no idea about their audience except from dumb survey reports.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page