'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 103 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 62
given that the Hound made it seem like news to all the kingdom, it looks less likely that Rob's Uncle's wedding is a ruse, or trap set up by Lord Frey, but I still get the feeling something bad is about to happen...and now I'm wondering if it's the burning leeches that will do it.

thread closed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

IF Tywin becomes convinced (at a later date), Joffrey is the off-spring of his own 2 children, the boy will be gutted....literally.wink.gif

And make mom watch! He's the only one who could pull it off.

wink.gif
post #3063 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

LOL, I thought the same.
Joffrey is becoming increasingly difficult to control.
Although he is scared to death of his grandfather, it doesn't seem to be enough to dampen his "enthusiasm."

IF Tywin becomes convinced (at a later date), Joffrey is the off-spring of his own 2 children, the boy will be gutted....literally.wink.gif
I wondered about that too...WAY too easy.confused.gif
Although possible, I don't see an obvious connection.

I dont think Joffery has become anymore difficult than he was before wink.gif he really only acts against those he know he can get away with it. With his grandfather, he knows he would be gutted at best. Tyrion while having a visious tounge will not retaliate in the same way Cersi or Tywin would if treated the same way...

The only connection is the coin and saying at this point. As well as the "ease" of which he killed his "fellow" riders. We saw the scene in which he disaagreed with them, and it really didnt go down like he said, which is why I say he is part of the Faceless Men (the saying and coin go back to that moment with Arya).....This on top of looking like one of the unsullied until the moment when he took of the mask, so he could pass by undetected.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

given that the Hound made it seem like news to all the kingdom, it looks less likely that Rob's Uncle's wedding is a ruse, or trap set up by Lord Frey, but I still get the feeling something bad is about to happen...and now I'm wondering if it's the burning leeches that will do it.

If the Red God does listen then possibly wink.gif it will be interesting to see how quickly things happen if they do.
post #3064 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a feeling Arya would have to face a bit of conflict with the hound not being pure evil like she thought. I wonder if this will change her black and white stance on people and start seeing shades of grey? I really wanted Joffrey to attempt to serve up an order that wouldn't be carried out by intervention of Tywin. It almost happened but was cut short when Tyrion played it off as drunken jest. I hope Cersei finds herself staring at a bear soon... what a B.

The best part of this episode - No Theon and that magnificent family tree description from Olenna at the wedding dinner.

The worst part of this episode - No Jaime and Brienne but we know they're in the middle of a long ride. frown.gif

Also - it has never been really pushed forward as an issue but when Tywin and Tyrion had their face to face early this season and it was made clear that Tywin holds no feelings for Tyrion beyond the family name, he mentioned "since I can't prove you're not my child"... as if to plant the seed that Tyrion could possibly not be a true Lannister. Is there any significance to this comment or was it just a scathing remark meant to distance him emotionally? If he possibly could be of another house, it certainly would make the wedding to Sansa have different strategic value down the road... just wondering.

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #3065 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

"After it destroyed the only other weapon we had to defend ourselves from anything."
post #3066 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Nice observation here about the ep's title: Second Sons.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/05/20/game-of-thrones-season-3-episode-8-review-second-sons-white-walkers/

This was an aptly titled episode: Second Sons.

On the one hand, that’s the name of the sellsword company Dany treats with on the outskirts of Yunkai.

Less obviously, it’s a reference to the many sons we encountered in the episode: Tyrion, the younger brother of Jaime; Samwell Tarly, the first son made second son by his cruel father; Sandor Clegane, whose elder brother, Gregor, gave him his burned face and terrible fear of flame; Stannis, the lawful-neutral younger brother of Robert Baratheon, dropping leeches filled with Gendry’s blood into the flame, guilt and ambition and a frightening commitment to doing the right thing flickering in his eyes.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #3067 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also - it has never been really pushed forward as an issue but when Tywin and Tyrion had their face to face early this season and it was made clear that Tywin holds no feelings for Tyrion beyond the family name, he mentioned "since I can't prove you're not my child"... as if to plant the seed that Tyrion could possibly not be a true Lannister. Is there any significance to this comment or was it just a scathing remark meant to distance him emotionally? If he possibly could be of another house, it certainly would make the wedding to Sansa have different strategic value down the road... just wondering.

Tywin blames Tyrion for his wifes death, not only is Tyrion a little person, but his mother died during childbirth. Tyywin would like nothing better than to prove that this "grunt" (Tyrion) is not of his bloodline as Tyrion symbolizes so many weaknesses within that bloodline that cant be as easily hidden as Jamie and Cersi's relationship. It wasnt meant to draw up a "question", but rather to further show his distain and hatred of Tyrion, the only reason he is still alive and treated with any shread of respect is that he is a Lannister, otherwise he would ahve been killed long ago....
post #3068 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

To be honest, I actually thought it was the faceless assassin when he first appeared. I can't remember what that guy looked like it's been so long so he was on the show.

But didn't he change appearances when he said goodbye to Arya? Or can he revert back to a past form? There were comments when that show aired that it was a shame that the old actor fit the role so perfectly and the new one didn't. This Daario does behave like him though.
post #3069 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:

Heh, that's good. I swear I thought I missed him picking up the knife because there is no way he would leave it behind, right? Sheesh.

It makes sense that the Second Son guy is a Faceless assassin. Hes got the same aloof grin anyway.

And then there's,

OH MY GOD DANY

smile.gif
post #3070 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Last nights ep 56m 21s so now season avg is 55m 19s compared to last season 54m 25s.

Liked that they didnt jump to as many locations so we were able to spend more time with each.
Guess saving CG $$ cause the dragons werent there for this meeting unlike last weeks.
Cersei totally toasted Margaery ha-ha.
If it wasnt really chicken in Gendrys stew what was it ?

post #3071 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

OH MY GOD DANY

Would make a wonderful screensaver as long as my wife doesn't use my laptop biggrin.gif
post #3072 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Probably the reason there weren't dragons is that the white walker and the murder of crows maxed out the FX budget for the episode,

Nice episode. It really looked like Gendry was done for, until the leaches were trotted out. And has been previously mentioned, the best part was no Theon.
post #3073 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Last nights ep 56m 21s so now season avg is 55m 19s compared to last season 54m 25s.

Liked that they didnt jump to as many locations so we were able to spend more time with each.
Guess saving CG $$ cause the dragons werent there for this meeting unlike last weeks.

Moist common "meat" was rat I believe, its been mentioned a few times....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

Probably the reason there weren't dragons is that the white walker and the murder of crows maxed out the FX budget for the episode,

Nice episode. It really looked like Gendry was done for, until the leaches were trotted out. And has been previously mentioned, the best part was no Theon.

Im not so sure Gendry is out of the woods yet, this was just a "demonstratoin" to show what a little bit could do. I think the "final show" will be a full sacrifice (at least thats the plan)...
post #3074 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM

Just because it was my favorite scene;

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #3075 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

The only connection is the coin and saying at this point. As well as the "ease" of which he killed his "fellow" riders. We saw the scene in which he disaagreed with them, and it really didnt go down like he said, which is why I say he is part of the Faceless Men (the saying and coin go back to that moment with Arya).....This on top of looking like one of the unsullied until the moment when he took of the mask, so he could pass by undetected.....
Interesting speculation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Would make a wonderful screensaver as long as my wife doesn't use my laptop biggrin.gif
+100000000 biggrin.gif

Quote:

I think the "final show" will be a full sacrifice (at least thats the plan)...
My guess too.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #3076 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Technically, if he's not Tywin's son, he's a bastard, he's not of any house and can't inherit anything.
post #3077 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Has this been said in the show? As far as I know it hasnt....
post #3078 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:

Has this been said in the show? As far as I know it hasnt....
No, it hasn't.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #3079 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Has what been said? Tywin definitely said the line about "I can't prove you're not mine," and we know bastards can't inherit and don't get their father's name (see Jon Snow for both points). I will edit out the last line, since apparently that's a "spoiler" for....something, I guess.
post #3080 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Yeah I don't think that last part had been mentioned in the show...not really a spoiler, but if it's important enough to be revealed in the show, eventually it will be.

thread closed
post #3081 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

Technically, if he's not Tywin's son, he's a bastard, he's not of any house and can't inherit anything.

Even if the father is a king or noble? I thought the Lannisters had all the Baratheon bastard children murdered to prevent any claim to the throne because of this and Gendry escaping made this a sticky point that continues...

remember when they murdered the baby in the brothel? That was one of the bastard children.

post #3082 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 99
Quote:
Quote:

Even if the father is a king or noble? I thought the Lannisters had all the Baratheon bastard children murdered to prevent any claim to the throne because of this and Gendry escaping made this a sticky point that continues...

remember when they murdered the baby in the brothel? That was one of the bastard children.

The Baratheon bastards were being killed more as a way to keep the fact that all of Roberts kids had the same traits and the ones that he "had" with Cersei did not.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #3083 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

The Baratheon bastards were being killed more as a way to keep the fact that all of Roberts kids had the same traits and the ones that he "had" with Cersei did not.

Ah - ok, this makes sense. Hiding the evidence. Thanks.

post #3084 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

Has what been said? Tywin definitely said the line about "I can't prove you're not mine," and we know bastards can't inherit and don't get their father's name (see Jon Snow for both points). I will edit out the last line, since apparently that's a "spoiler" for....something, I guess.

Anything outside of what has been shown in the show would be a spoiler.....

The statement was just further proof of his distain of Tyrion northing more nothing less.....Ill bring you back to 2 weeks (?) when Tyrion asked to to be next in line, becasue of the hate Tywin has for him, he denied this and said he would never be heir to the throne.....
post #3085 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 12:56 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Rat?
post #3086 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:

"I'm my own grandpaw."
post #3087 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

"After it destroyed the only other weapon we had to defend ourselves from anything."

I'm guessing that Gilly's practically will kick in and she'll convince Samwell to go back and get it. BTW, wasn't that like the "king" of the whitewalkers?
post #3088 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

And I'm my own grandpa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw
post #3089 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

And I'm my own grandpa!

1st thing that came to my mind:
post #3090 of 6039 Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

And I'm my own grandpa!

Cersei to Margaery, "If you ever call me sister again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep."
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page