'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 157 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4681 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Member
 
HJonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
They were only FARM boys. wink.gif

HJ
...esse quam videri
HJonez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4682 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Aw, this week was just getting really good when it ended!

It was obvious New Daario was going to pull a slick move to defeat the champion, but it was still cool to watch. I really loved the pounding end music too.

Littlefinger returns. Was it just me or did his voice not sound the same? Something about the delivery seemed different.


VisionOn is offline  
post #4683 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
StormCrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have noticed that sometimes the actor's Irish accent is more evident. That may be an on purpose choice, to reflect times his character is more in his own element?
StormCrow is offline  
post #4684 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
StormCrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yes, I too liked the ending music! That fit right in with the final scene.

A side note: I re watched last weeks episode tonight. That ending music, The Rains of Castemere and the way it was sung, seemed hauntingly similar to that scene in BSG, when Gaeta had lost his leg and was singing in his hospital bed.
StormCrow is offline  
post #4685 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post

I have noticed that sometimes the actor's Irish accent is more evident. That may be an on purpose choice, to reflect times his character is more in his own element?

Based on the labyrinthine nature of this show I'm not convinced it wasn't supposed to be a sign he was a shapeshifter taking Littlefingers place. Probably not but the show has me expecting anything to happen.


VisionOn is offline  
post #4686 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Slacker George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Another very good episode, but I was hoping for more of Dany's story this week. Jeez, I never imagined Jamie and Cersei's relationship would get even more twisted. That was F'd up. eek.gif Tywin is looking really suspicious after his speech to Tommen but I still can't see him being behind the assassination.
Slacker George is offline  
post #4687 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post

Another very good episode, but I was hoping for more of Dany's story this week. Jeez, I never imagined Jamie and Cersei's relationship would get even more twisted. That was F'd up. eek.gif Tywin is looking really suspicious after his speech to Tommen but I still can't see him being behind the assassination.

After last week's assassination scene, I didn't seriously consider that Littlefinger might be behind Joffrey's poisoning but this week's show hinted at it pretty strongly. Still, this is Game of Thrones so who knows who done it? If there is a better intriguer than Littlefinger in Kings Landing, I don't know who it might be. I've never seen anything more coldblooded than the way Littlefinger arranged to have killed Sansa's "rescuer," the former Ser Dantos. I couldn't argue with his reasoning, though. smile.gif
gwsat is offline  
post #4688 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I've never seen anything more coldblooded than the way Littlefinger arranged to have killed Sansa's "rescuer," the former Ser Dantos. I couldn't argue with his reasoning, though. smile.gif

Are you forgetting this was the same episode in which Ygritte shot a farmer walking with his son in the back of the head with an arrow and the Hound beat and stole from the family who gave them food and shelter?

Killing the drunk ex-knight who was motivated purely by money for logical reasons doesn't seem that bad! wink.gif


VisionOn is offline  
post #4689 of 6039 Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
StormCrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Or, as mentioned above...Jaime, essentially raping his sister, beside their dead son!

Such lovely, lovely people all wink.gif
StormCrow is offline  
post #4690 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 12:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Littlefinger returns. Was it just me or did his voice not sound the same? Something about the delivery seemed different.
No, it wasn't just you.
Pretty dumb to have Littlefinger develop an Irish accent at this point in time.rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Based on the labyrinthine nature of this show I'm not convinced it wasn't supposed to be a sign he was a shapeshifter taking Littlefingers place. Probably not but the show has me expecting anything to happen.
This show isn't THAT smart....or dumb enough to pi$$ off viewers with such a cheap trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post

Tywin is looking really suspicious after his speech to Tommen .
More than that.
Noticed how he is lining up allies?
He needed a bunch of Dragon Killers.......wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4691 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
cuzzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
That episode really flew by for me. I was about to get pissed off when it ended because I thought they gypped us on time, but it was actually longer than last week's episode. confused.gif

I was not expecting to see Littlefinger on that ship. This plot to kill Joffrey is turning out to be quite the conspiracy. Just how many people were involved in this thing? I hope Littlefinger isn't conning or tricking Sansa in any way. The girl's been through enough. I know he was in love with her mother so maybe, now that she's dead, he feels some obligation to protect Sansa.

Didn't last season end with Melisandre telling Stannis that he must turn his attention away from the fight for the iron throne and focus on the threat to the North? Stannis still seems to be concerned with sitting on that throne, as far as I can tell.

cuzzin is offline  
post #4692 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Senior Member
 
FOPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
FOPA is offline  
post #4693 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LL3HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Flushing, New York, USA
Posts: 5,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Good episode except for the rape scene. Just when Jamie was becoming likable rolleyes.gif Don't understand the motivation-- or his desire? confused.gif

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
LL3HD is offline  
post #4694 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,395
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

That episode really flew by for me. I was about to get pissed off when it ended because I thought they gypped us on time, but it was actually longer than last week's episode. confused.gif

I was not expecting to see Littlefinger on that ship. This plot to kill Joffrey is turning out to be quite the conspiracy. Just how many people were involved in this thing? I hope Littlefinger isn't conning or tricking Sansa in any way. The girl's been through enough. I know he was in love with her mother so maybe, now that she's dead, he feels some obligation to protect Sansa.

Didn't last season end with Melisandre telling Stannis that he must turn his attention away from the fight for the iron throne and focus on the threat to the North? Stannis still seems to be concerned with sitting on that throne, as far as I can tell.

Littlefinger doesn't want Sansa dead. Remember he loved and wanted her mother. Most likely would do almost anything to "get" Sansa as well now that Kaitlyn is dead. He did make overtures to Sansa in the past. Wasn't expecting to see Littlefinger on that ship either, buttttt he has been in "hiding" this season thus far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #4695 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48

Just hilarious! Thanks for the link.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #4696 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 625
How the heck does a solid hour long show go by in ten minutes?

BTW, did we know about the big Xerxes looking dudes before this season? When they met up with Ygritte and the Wildlings in the first ep, it seemed like I should remember them, but I don't.
Tack is offline  
post #4697 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 168
They showed the scene where you meet him, in the "previously" segment. They are called Thenns.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #4698 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dcowboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pequannock, NJ
Posts: 5,438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

That episode really flew by for me.
I was about to get pissed off when it ended because I thought they gypped us on time, but it was actually longer than last week's episode. confused.gif

Yep last night 56:52 - last week 52:34.

Season avg is now 55:53 which is ahead of last years 55:37.

dcowboy7 is offline  
post #4699 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Member
 
HJonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I wonder if Loras Tyrell and Oberyn Martell cruising each other will lead to anything political.

Pardon me for stating the obvious, but Pycelle is a dead man. Cersei really knows how to set someone up. I was shocked when she kissed Margaery, but it made perfect sense after her little private chat with Pycelle.

I would be happy if it turns out that Tyrion did poison the little bastard, and somehow gets away with it.

Sansa Stark definitely needed to be disabused of her fairy princess foolishness, but I'm wondering if these hard lessons are really doing the job.

HJ
...esse quam videri
HJonez is offline  
post #4700 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Member
 
HJonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Are you forgetting this was the same episode in which Ygritte shot a farmer walking with his son in the back of the head with an arrow and the Hound beat and stole from the family who gave them food and shelter?

Killing the drunk ex-knight who was motivated purely by money for logical reasons doesn't seem that bad! wink.gif

No kidding, but I thought Sandor's reasoning was pretty sound. The man is a realist.

HJ
...esse quam videri
HJonez is offline  
post #4701 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJonez View Post

No kidding, but I thought Sandor's reasoning was pretty sound. The man is a realist.

Yep, The Hound said it himself in a recent episode: "A man has to have a code." Sandor is a hard and brutal man but is certainly no psychopath. I think killing is just a job to him and nothing to take pleasure from.
gwsat is offline  
post #4702 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
cuzzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Yep, The Hound said it himself in a recent episode: "A man has to have a code."

Wasn't that Bunk Moreland?

cuzzin is offline  
post #4703 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Wasn't that Bunk Moreland?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it!
John dhein is offline  
post #4704 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Wasn't that Bunk Moreland?

And Dexter Morgan .. biggrin.gif

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #4705 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it!
Nope, it was state senator Clay Davis who would say that.
Keenan is offline  
post #4706 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Nice episode, also flew like a half hour show i couldn't believe it ended so soon! but looking at the clock the time did flew by..

So the scene with the champion Vs. champion for a second I was expecting maybe a dragon would fly by and scorch the poor soul but no, it had to be the brave new hero and new actor that dispatches him in 2 swift moves..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #4707 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Nice episode, also flew like a half hour show i couldn't believe it ended so soon! but looking at the clock the time did flew by..

So the scene with the champion Vs. champion for a second I was expecting maybe a dragon would fly by and scorch the poor soul but no, it had to be the brave new hero and new actor that dispatches him in 2 swift moves..


I was surprised too. I can't think of a quicker way to get a city to give up without a fight than a little Dragon demonstration.
Tack is offline  
post #4708 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,395
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 276
They are setting up a "partnership" between him and Dany wink.gif so he needs to be as swift as possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #4709 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dcowboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pequannock, NJ
Posts: 5,438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 85
6.6 million viewers last night -- 6.635 for s4 e1 is the record so we will see if it hits that when the final # comes out.

dcowboy7 is offline  
post #4710 of 6039 Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

I was surprised too. I can't think of a quicker way to get a city to give up without a fight than a little Dragon demonstration.
+1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off