'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 192 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5731 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede View Post
I started to watch Got from start again, and the first episode gives some clue to the relationship between the children. Its give you some fresh perspective on the characters that you didn't have when you watched it for the first time. And not only the children, all characters gets even more enjoyable when you know what part each is going to play during the first 4 seasons. And it of course gets even more tragic when they split up. Even watching Greyjoy naked is ironic. I said to my wife, that's the last time we see that.
Interesting idea....maybe I need to rewatch...

Quote:
The problem of a Sansa and Arya reunion would be that Arya wouldn't be on her way to Braavos if that happend. She is going to become a Jed.. wait wrong universe.
Arya could have still gone....she could have said something to Sansa like "it's great to see you, but there is something I must go do."

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Interesting idea....maybe I need to rewatch...
IMO, the breadth and depth of the show grows considerably with a rewatch or three .. as well as the ability to better tie past history with current .. there are so many interconnecting threads that you really don't begin to fully pick up on ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #5733 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 265
I agree about re-watching the first three episodes. My wife just started "looking at the printed word" but wanted to watch the series so we started from Season 1 about a month ago. There are so many subtleties that one misses the first time around, even knowing what happens it just seems so much richer. Whether you've looked at the printed word or not, they both seem to complement each other very well and both stand on their own as a great story.
post #5734 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Great season finale!

This show has it all. Dragons are cool, yes. Zombies? Sure, I'm pretty much going to watch the show no matter what if it has some zombie action. Throw in a pack of skeletons with axes? That's an instant classic right there.

What's up with The Mountain? Are we gonna get a FrankenMountain soon?

Cary
post #5735 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmccorm View Post
Great season finale!

This show has it all. Dragons are cool, yes. Zombies? Sure, I'm pretty much going to watch the show no matter what if it has some zombie action. Throw in a pack of skeletons with axes? That's an instant classic right there.

Cary

Me thinks it has to do with the "black magic" we saw with Drogo in season 2. The hints that were being dropped by Pycell seemed to point to this. The same warning was given to Danny in almost the same exact words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5736 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmccorm View Post
Great season finale!

Cary

Myself, I'd just as soon be done with the Clegane brothers .. sure, Sandor was interesting while he lasted, Gregor not so much ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #5737 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Me thinks it has to do with the "black magic" we saw with Drogo in season 2. The hints that were being dropped by Pycell seemed to point to this. The same warning was given to Danny in almost the same exact words.

I think you're on the right track with the Drogo comparison.
post #5738 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Believe me, not overthinking at all. This was just something quick that popped into my head. I agree that what you and others makes sense as well.
Of course you weren't overthinking it! Game of Thrones has turned out to have what may be the most intricate story lines in the history of television. There are so many interlocking crosscurrents in the show it's impossible to overthink when trying to figure out what happens next but also in trying to understand what already happened. Using the principle of Occam's razor on this show not only often doesn't work, it's usually wrong.
post #5739 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Of course, we all know how Drogo ended up ..

Uncle Willie

post #5740 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The Mountain will seem to have been buried in a pet cemetary. S. King would be proud!
post #5741 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I thought one of the great visual moments in the history of the series was the attack by Stanis's legions on Manse Rayder and his Northmen. Great, great stuff!.

My problem with this scene was where were the giants and mammoths. Guess the skeletons scene used up all the special effects budget.
post #5742 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post
My problem with this scene was where were the giants and mammoths. Guess the skeletons scene used up all the special effects budget.
The Night's Watch killed their king, so maybe they went home?
I believe that scene was to show how large and formidable Stannis' army was as well. The Wildling leader already stated he didn't want anymore death to his people.
post #5743 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
I started to watch Got from start again, and the first episode gives some clue to the relationship between the children. Its give you some fresh perspective on the characters that you didn't have when you watched it for the first time. And not only the children, all characters gets even more enjoyable when you know what part each is going to play during the first 4 seasons. And it of course gets even more tragic when they split up. Even watching Greyjoy naked is ironic. I said to my wife, that's the last time we see that.
This is part of the benefit from having the future of the characters already mapped out before you start a series. Usually, on TV, the best you can ever hope for is that the general story arc for the first season is known ahead of time -- and often it's more week-to-week even than that. But here, if they choose to follow the source material, they know where the characters are going for seasons to come, which lets them foreshadow and infer and layer nuances in ways they can really reward you when you re-watch.

I have my Blu-rays lined up and ready for a giant binge-watch of the first three seasons when my vacation starts in a couple of weeks. Then I probably won't be able to resist re-watching S4 on demand, even if the PQ and AQ aren't as good, because I agree with those who think this was GoT's best season yet, and this episode its best finale.

The Brienne/Hound fight was certainly among the best one-on-one combat scenes I ever remember seeing. It's rare to feel a filmed life/death struggle in your gut like that, with so much invested in both characters, with both antagonists so clearly in it for the kill. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

This show is a phenomenon.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #5744 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

I have my Blu-rays lined up and ready for a giant binge-watch of the first three seasons when my vacation starts in a couple of weeks. Then I probably won't be able to resist re-watching S4 on demand, even if the PQ and AQ aren't as good, because I agree with those who think this was GoT's best season yet, and this episode its best finale.
I did my third rewatch just before the 4th Season .. and although I normally stack the show on a DVR and watch the new season front to back, this time I could not help myself and watched each weekly .. I am going to start a rewatch of Season 4 this weekend front to back ..

HBOGO is not bad, and it's holding me over till the bitter end someday, since, like I've said before, I want to wait for the full meal deal "Directors Cut Additional Footage Red Keep Boxed Deluxe Set" .. I just hope I live to see it ..

Uncle Willie

post #5745 of 6039 Old 06-17-2014, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Myself, I'd just as soon be done with the Clegane brothers .. sure, Sandor was interesting while he lasted, Gregor not so much ..
The Hound has served his purpose. His watch is ended.

The Mountain looks like he's going to come back as something else. Maester Frankenstein says he will be different (but not weaker). What if he graft Tywin's brain onto the Mountain's body?
post #5746 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The second arrow Tyrion shot into Tywin: didn't that go into his shoulder? Why was that hit the death blow?

post #5747 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
The second arrow Tyrion shot into Tywin: didn't that go into his shoulder? Why was that hit the death blow?

good point, possibly the wily old man played opossum
post #5748 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:

Hmm, yea i hear you but Drogo was but a shell of himself and definitely weaker, so if the Mountain is to not be weaker i doubt the same resurrection method will be used. plus Drogo's was "black magic" while Franken Maester appears to be using some medical procedure like blood transfusion.
appears there may be yet again a new mountain next season

Last edited by Winterhell; 06-18-2014 at 07:02 AM. Reason: addition
post #5749 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Looked like a headshot to me, but someone needs to slow-mo that and see.
post #5750 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Why do you think it was the death blow? Just because he eventually died didn't mean it was the death blow. He just died, not from one final shot to the shoulder but from both wounds combined and he finally just died and it happened to be after the second shot.

post #5751 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Looked like a headshot to me, but someone needs to slow-mo that and see.
That or a heart shot would have been better, this was clearly neither.
post #5752 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 51
You don't have to hit the heart to kill a person. That shot into the left region of his chest has one of the most important organs required, your lungs. Puncture a lung and you now have not only a collapsed lung and difficulty breathing, but bleeding into the interpleural spaces which eventually kills you. But wait this is GOT throw that theory out the window along with Bran!
Winterhell likes this.
post #5753 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterhell View Post
Hmm, yea i hear you but Drogo was but a shell of himself and definitely weaker, so if the Mountain is to not be weaker i doubt the same resurrection method will be used. plus Drogo's was "black magic" while Franken Maester appears to be using some medical procedure like blood transfusion.
appears there may be yet again a new mountain next season

Everyone is different though. I believe that's what the witch said for Drogo. "Weaker" could be many different things and "different" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Anyhoo that scene just seemed too similar to the Drogo one which is what sparked that idea

post #5754 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Why do you think it was the death blow? Just because he eventually died didn't mean it was the death blow. He just died, not from one final shot to the shoulder but from both wounds combined and he finally just died and it happened to be after the second shot.
This.
post #5755 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Heart shot, major artery shot, heart attack after getting hit twice, he's dead ..

And where is Melisandre when you need her .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #5756 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterhell View Post
Franken Maester appears to be using some medical procedure like blood transfusion.
Yeah, you know Leonardo Da Vinci invented that with a sheeps intestine and two pen nibs .. oh, sorry, wrong thread ..
Keenan likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #5757 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 190
There's a difference between this and Drogo. The witch had a vendetta from the start, she was trying to trick Dany into letting that happen. She wanted him dead, or the cucumber that she turned him into. He was alive, according to her wishes.

In this case, there's no ulterior motive and the request is to bring him back, with his strength.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #5758 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Everyone is different though. I believe that's what the witch said for Drogo. "Weaker" could be many different things and "different" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Anyhoo that scene just seemed too similar to the Drogo one which is what sparked that idea

you're right, the similarities are noteworthy...
post #5759 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
It was supposed to be. Maybe he bled to death because he wasn't found till it was too late. We know he died because of the bells and Varys deciding to take an unexpected cruise.
post #5760 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Because Tywin was shot with Jamie's crossbow, will Jamie now be the prime suspect even though Tyrion has disappeared? And, at the very least, you'd think Jamie would be the prime suspect in the freeing of Tyrion, and a co-conspirator in Tywin's murder. Either way, looks like things will get more complicated for Jamie next season.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page