'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 193 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5761 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Because Tywin was shot with Jamie's crossbow, will Jamie now be the prime suspect even though Tyrion has disappeared? And, at the very least, you'd think Jamie would be the prime suspect in the freeing of Tyrion, and a co-conspirator in Tywin's murder. Either way, looks like things will get more complicated for Jamie next season.
Jamie (and Cersei) will be challenged like never before.
Just trying to keep a Lannister on the Iron Throne will be a full-time job for both.

BTW, it was Joffrey's crossbow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Just trying to keep a Lannister on the Iron Throne will be a full-time job for both.

Ah, my bad. Then all Jamie has to worry about is being accused of being Tyrion's accomplice.
post #5763 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 262
In the book, it was Colonel Mustard, in the Library, with the candlestick. I guess they had to make some artistic changes for the HBO version.
post #5764 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Correct, it was Joffrey's crossbow. I also agree that it will be difficult if not impossible for Cersei and Jamie to keep Tommen on the Iron Throne. Jamie is not the same man he was before he was maimed and even then he was a soldier not a politician. The best thing I have read about Cersei was written by one of the critics during the season. The critic wrote that you wouldn't want Cersei managing your Cinnabon.
post #5765 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Correct, it was Joffrey's crossbow. I also agree that it will be difficult if not impossible for Cersei and Jamie to keep Tommen on the Iron Throne. Jamie is not the same man he was before he was maimed and even then he was a soldier not a politician. The best thing I have read about Cersei was written by one of the critics during the season. The critic wrote that you wouldn't want Cersei managing your Cinnabon.

Neither Cersi or Jamie have the chutzpah to keep Tommen on the throne. While both can play the game well, it was Tywin who always was behind the scenes making the major power moves and whom commanded the most respect. With Tywin gone the most powerful family is now the Tyrells and the grandmother is crafty and will do what it takes to ensure that the throne is theirs.
post #5766 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Jamie's soldiering + Cersei's ruthlessness = possible continuance of Lannister power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
With Tywin gone the most powerful family is now the Tyrells and the grandmother is crafty and will do what it takes to ensure that the throne is theirs.
No doubt Granny will try.
post #5767 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Neither Cersi or Jamie have the chutzpah to keep Tommen on the throne. While both can play the game well, it was Tywin who always was behind the scenes making the major power moves and whom commanded the most respect. With Tywin gone the most powerful family is now the Tyrells and the grandmother is crafty and will do what it takes to ensure that the throne is theirs.
I agree that it would be a big mistake to overlook the power and influence of the Tyrells, especially the devious and brilliant, not to mention ruthless, Lady Olenna Tyrell. As you say, she is "crafty." I am convinced that every bit of power the Tyrells have will be applied toward keeping Tommen on the Iron Throne.
post #5768 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
will Jamie now be the prime suspect even though Tyrion has disappeared?
Im sure they will think Jamie had a "hand" in it.

post #5769 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Because Tywin was shot with Jamie's crossbow, will Jamie now be the prime suspect even though Tyrion has disappeared? And, at the very least, you'd think Jamie would be the prime suspect in the freeing of Tyrion, and a co-conspirator in Tywin's murder. Either way, looks like things will get more complicated for Jamie next season.

He killed Shae in Tywin's room, not Jamie's. As Tyrion was sitting on the floor he see's the illuminated weapons cache on the wall. I assume that's where the crossbow and bolts came from.
post #5770 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
He killed Shae in Tywin's room, not Jamie's. As Tyrion was sitting on the floor he see's the illuminated weapons cache on the wall. I assume that's where the crossbow and bolts came from.
That was nice touch - using the crossbow that killed Ros.
post #5771 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 47
post #5772 of 6039 Old 06-18-2014, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Wouldn't it be great if they had a title sequence that explained all the complicated relationships in GoT?

Slacker George likes this.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas

Last edited by Waboman; 06-18-2014 at 11:39 PM.
post #5773 of 6039 Old 06-19-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Wouldn't it be great if they had a title sequence that explained all the complicated relationships in GoT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orc98R0tvvE
That's brilliant! Very well done. So was Tywin GOT's "Alice"?
post #5774 of 6039 Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Do the Tyrells have any legit claim to the throne?

Technically, only the king's hand is dead, so nothing has really changed. Marge has Tommen (or one part of his anatomy any way) wrapped around her fingers, so the Tyrells will continue to try to exert influence that way and try to gain the throne by marriage.

With Tywin dead, Cersei will definitely refuse to marry the flower knight. Will the Tyrells insist?

As for Jaime, I think he can deflect suspicion on to Varys, who has conveniently disappeared with Tyrion. I don't think there is anybody around who is keen on fingering Jaime. Not Cersei, who, despite being mad that Tyrion escaped death, is relieved to be free of the old man and to have total control of Tommen (or so she thinks). And not the Tyrells, who are glad to be rid of a formidable opponent. Every one will know there is something rotten in Denmark but keep their mouth shut.
post #5775 of 6039 Old 06-19-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

Technically, only the king's hand is dead, so nothing has really changed. Marge has Tommen (or one part of his anatomy any way) wrapped around her fingers, so the Tyrells will continue to try to exert influence that way and try to gain the throne by marriage.

With Tywin dead, Cersei will definitely refuse to marry the flower knight. Will the Tyrells insist?

As for Jaime, I think he can deflect suspicion on to Varys, who has conveniently disappeared with Tyrion. I don't think there is anybody around who is keen on fingering Jaime. Not Cersei, who, despite being mad that Tyrion escaped death, is relieved to be free of the old man and to have total control of Tommen (or so she thinks). And not the Tyrells, who are glad to be rid of a formidable opponent. Every one will know there is something rotten in Denmark but keep their mouth shut.

If Tommen marries Marg and consummates the marriage she will be next in line if he happens to fall down some stairs. Also, they could make move and forcefully take the throne now that the Lannisters have lost most of their power (although I don't see that coming from them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5776 of 6039 Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
If Tommen marries Marg and consummates the marriage she will be next in line if he happens to fall down some stairs.
I don't think that's the way it works. If that were so, Cersei would have ruled after Robert died. If Margaery had a son, then HE would succeed... not his mother. The best Margaery could hope for would be Queen Regent, like Cersei.
Whitearrow likes this.
post #5777 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post
I don't think that's the way it works. If that were so, Cersei would have ruled after Robert died. If Margaery had a son, then HE would succeed... not his mother. The best Margaery could hope for would be Queen Regent, like Cersei.

Cersei had 2 sons to take the throne after Robert died. Marg would have none depending on how long they waited.

post #5778 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Cersei had 2 sons to take the throne after Robert died. Marg would have none depending on how long they waited.

\

I believe the Tyrell's are in the best position for power after the last sequence of events. As long as Margarey weds Tommen and consummates it, she will be the one in power should something happen to Tommen. To my knowledge the Tyrell's have not made any bad decisions in their game so far, they been the best players up to this point. the only failure was the killing of Joffrey before consummation.
post #5779 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterhell View Post
\

I believe the Tyrell's are in the best position for power after the last sequence of events. As long as Margarey weds Tommen and consummates it, she will be the one in power should something happen to Tommen. To my knowledge the Tyrell's have not made any bad decisions in their game so far, they been the best players up to this point. the only failure was the killing of Joffrey before consummation.

Well bad moves we know about at least lol. I agree about Your last statement as well, heck they even discussed that on the show and realized that without consummation her status as "Queen" was in jeopardy which is why she moved to Tommen

post #5780 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
\

I believe the Tyrell's are in the best position for power after the last sequence of events. As long as Margaery weds Tommen and consummates it, she will be the one in power should something happen to Tommen. To my knowledge the Tyrell's have not made any bad decisions in their game so far, they been the best players up to this point. the only failure was the killing of Joffrey before consummation.
I'm not so sure Margarey would automatically become the ruler. Otherwise as you stated they would have waited until her marriage to Joffrey was consummated to kill him off and then the Tyrell's would've had sole power. As stated above by Pagali, I think the best she can do is bear the King's child and become queen regent if the King dies.
post #5781 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
We must remember GoT's world is very male-centric, with females of the same blood only as a last resort. They'd bring back Myrcella to be Queen before the throne would pass to Margaery. If she married Tommen (and consummated the marriage) and he died, she'd be respected as his widow, a Dowager Queen, that's all. Poor Marg.

Last edited by Pagali; 06-20-2014 at 10:02 AM.
post #5782 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post
I think the best she can do is bear the King's child and become queen regent if the King dies.
This.
post #5783 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

Maybe they legalize gay marriage and it could be Loras and Jamie sharing the throne...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #5784 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post
We must remember GoT's world is very male-centric, with females of the same blood only as a last resort. They'd bring back Myrcella to be Queen before the throne would pass to Margaery. If she married Tommen (and consummated the marriage) and he died, she'd be respected as his widow, a Dowager Queen, that's all. Poor Marg.

I have forgotten nothing I'm just basing this on what they have already said/shown. While I agree a king would wield more power Marg would rule as Wueen of there were no direct heirs left (which we know Gendry is really supposed to be "next"). Marg would marry someone whom would then be King. I think people may underestimate the power of a woman in these stories. They have continued to be the power behind the throne and seats of power many many times.

post #5785 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post
Maybe they legalize gay marriage and it could be Loras and Jamie sharing the throne...
Hell, why not?
post #5786 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
While I agree a king would wield more power Marg would rule as Wueen of there were no direct heirs left (which we know Gendry is really supposed to be "next").
Gendry is a bastard and cannot legally inherit from his father.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #5787 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Gendry is a bastard and cannot legally inherit from his father.
If all of Robers bastard children were not threats to claim the throne, then there would be no need to kill them that's the entire reason they issues the order to kill them. usualy they don't have any claim, but I don't think we've ever had someone without children lose the throne (no history on the show). Because Jeoffery and Tommen are technically not Roberts children they have even less of a claim than Gendry does since Gendry is a direct descendent of Robert. If the Lannisters didn't think he was a threat to put a claim on the throne, he could have been ignored and left to his blacksmithing.
Winterhell likes this.
post #5788 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Has it been made clear who actually poisoned Joff, we know whose hands were involved, but whom set it in motion at the time of his wedding feast?
post #5789 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Has it been made clear who actually poisoned Joff, we know whose hands were involved, but whom set it in motion at the time of his wedding feast?

Littlefinger I believe set the plan in motion with the help of the Tyrells. I don't think anything has been completely fleshed out though.

post #5790 of 6039 Old 06-20-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Yes it was Littlefinger's plan, setup, get Sansa out, the whole thing with the help of mother of the queen married to Joeffry. They made it clear over a couple episodes, even with Littlefinger describing where the poison was, etc.

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page