'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 202 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6031 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post
Does this mean you have a BB themed tat somewhere as well then?

ron
Yes, I'm a walking, talking billboard of TV show tattoos .. .. not ..

We're all pretty well just free wheelin' it here on the thread since season 4 ended, so I'll add to the collective .. the GOT tat was a theme that just lent itself to ink .. Faceless Man / Valar Morghulis / Valar Dohaeris .. in the context of "All Men Must Die" and "All Men Must Serve" .. I interpret to mean, we are all mortal and will die, we all have a Master, whether we like it or not .. that's my interpretation anyway, others could take it a different way .. I'm 65 so I am closer to the end than the beginning, you young whippersnappers ..

Now, a BB, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, etc tat, would, IMO be contrived and with little personal meaning, unless I was cooking the blue, fighting Walkers or belonged to SAMCRO ..

I like the made up language of High Valyrian, I like the young ladies that see the tat on my forearm and ooo and ahhh over it and I've known GRRM for many many years thru the convention circuit .. but mostly, I know "All Men Must Die" and "All Men Must Serve" are great, multi meaning phrases .. not to mention the spur of the moment GOT discussions with total strangers the ink invokes ..

That said, if I were to get a BB tat, which I won't .. it would be one of these :

"I've still got things left to do."
"We’re done when I say we’re done." .. done in the iconic "Periodic Table of the Elements" theme ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6032 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 105
In the end we are all talking about flavors of Ice Cream, all good. We are lucky to have so many outstanding shows to watch.

James Reid:D
post #6033 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
That said, if I were to get a BB tat, which I won't .. it would be one of these :

"We’re done when I say we’re done." .. done in the iconic "Periodic Table of the Elements" theme ..
Plenty of tasteful options.

Like this one:
cardoski likes this.
post #6034 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Where the heck is the thumbs down when you need it .. ??
Ph8te likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 07-11-2014 at 12:01 PM.
post #6035 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 683
The expression on that poor ba$tard getting the tatoo is why I've never gotten one.
post #6036 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Again, in your opinion. I could make the equal case that GoT is way too scattered among too many plots (making it hard to keep up with for folks that haven't read the books), even though they are done very well.

Let me put it this way.

Breaking bad has to many episodes per season, and Game of Thrones has to few.

I could remove half of BB episode and it wouldn't hurt the story. People that watched one episode a week maybe enjoy an extended story, but I watched all seasons in a month or two and the redundant part gets more obvious that way.
mr. wally likes this.
post #6037 of 6039 Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yes, I'm a walking, talking billboard of TV show tattoos .. .. not ..

We're all pretty well just free wheelin' it here on the thread since season 4 ended, so I'll add to the collective .. the GOT tat was a theme that just lent itself to ink .. Faceless Man / Valar Morghulis / Valar Dohaeris .. in the context of "All Men Must Die" and "All Men Must Serve" .. I interpret to mean, we are all mortal and will die, we all have a Master, whether we like it or not .. that's my interpretation anyway, others could take it a different way .. I'm 65 so I am closer to the end than the beginning, you young whippersnappers ..

Now, a BB, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, etc tat, would, IMO be contrived and with little personal meaning, unless I was cooking the blue, fighting Walkers or belonged to SAMCRO ..

I like the made up language of High Valyrian, I like the young ladies that see the tat on my forearm and ooo and ahhh over it and I've known GRRM for many many years thru the convention circuit .. but mostly, I know "All Men Must Die" and "All Men Must Serve" are great, multi meaning phrases .. not to mention the spur of the moment GOT discussions with total strangers the ink invokes ..

Nice reasoning MD. Much better than some random Chinese characters or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
The expression on that poor ba$tard getting the tatoo is why I've never gotten one.

Naw, everybody knows gingers are just soft crybabies . Seriously though, it's even on his butt! I've only got one tattoo that I've had for quite a long time and it's on my the side of my upper arm which I thought was barely discomfortable when I got it. I think the hard/bony locations like an ankle for instance, are supposed to be the worst apparently...

ron
post #6038 of 6039 Old 07-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 57
So, the new cast of characters have been announced for the 5th season - would posting the youtube link be considered a spoiler? There seem to be quite a lot of them, which, in my mind, means that a lot of them will end up dead by the end of the season
post #6039 of 6039 Old 07-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
So, the new cast of characters have been announced for the 5th season - would posting the youtube link be considered a spoiler? There seem to be quite a lot of them, which, in my mind, means that a lot of them will end up dead by the end of the season

Read about this earlier, some quality actors.

James Reid:D
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page