'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 208 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #6211 of 7706 Old 04-13-2015, 04:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Yeah, it's been such a long time since I read the books I've kind of forgotten some of the details from this point in the story on. No speculation on my part, at least not publically, so I'll just have to be pleasantly surprised or really bummed.

Yes, I'm on B3 so behind (always like it this way) on the events. There were some details that would shed light on what we saw in this past episode, but I want to make sure it was shown in the show 1st. I like to be surprised when watching the show and I have a feeling this season we will have some classic "oh no they didn't" moments.

Sent from nowhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 7706 Old 04-13-2015, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Yes, I'm on B3 so behind (always like it this way) on the events. There were some details that would shed light on what we saw in this past episode, but I want to make sure it was shown in the show 1st. I like to be surprised when watching the show and I have a feeling this season we will have some classic "oh no they didn't" moments.

Sent from nowhere
I also read somewhere that when this season is over, the storyline will be synced up with the books so this should be an interesting season.
post #6213 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Could of been all the hype and me dying to finally start watching this again, but I found this episode a little dull with not a whole lot going on that kept my interest. They seemed to be setting up a lot of stuff to come, but with only a 10 episode run, not sure it is wise to spend 1/10 of that just talking about things to come. Oh well, looking forward to more and can't wait for Tyrion to meet up with the dragon queen.

post #6214 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Well, those dragons look pretty healthy, considering they've been chained inside an underground cavern for the better part of a year.
post #6215 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Several friends told me they were dissapointed with the fiest episode. I however loved it and watched it a few times. The only negative is I wish I could be watching it in bluray quality on my OLED. HBO broadcast via Charter cable isn't nearly as good unfortunately.

Samsung 78JS9500 + LG 55EC9300 + 55EA8800 OLED + Sony 65XBR850A + Samsung 46D8000
Denon X5200W + Oppo BDP-103D
Yamaha RX-A3000 + Oppo BDP-103D
MartinLogan Motion 40/30/FX + Rhythmik FV15HP
MartinLogan Motion 60XT/50XT/FX2 + Seaton Submersive HP+
Monitor Audio ASB-2 + Oppo BDP-103
post #6216 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
Benioff has said Bran, Meera & Hodor have the season off.

per EW:
“It made sense to stop where we did,” Benioff said. “He’s now entering a training period which is going to take quite some time, much of which isn’t particularly cinematic. So rather than being stuck in a cave for a year, we figured it would be interesting to leave him out for a little bit, so when you see him again…” Benioff didn’t want to reveal much more beyond that.
Thanks, I missed that. The actor that portrays Bran appears to be at the age of a growth spurt and maturity. Will be interesting to see.
post #6217 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post

1. Realized the witch told Cersei that "she" had 3 children, not "they" as in her and the king. Also, golden shroud means all 3 of her kids will die as royalty. One king killed. Another king ripe to be killed. And maybe her daughter will be made to marry another king in Dorn or some place then die young as a queen.
Agree with the die as royalty part, but nothing in her prediction was about dying young...although it could happen.
post #6218 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 07:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1938 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Well, those dragons look pretty healthy, considering they've been chained inside an underground cavern for the better part of a year.
We don't know if they have been fed or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
Agree with the die as royalty part, but nothing in her prediction was about dying young...although it could happen.
Joffrey certainly did.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
post #6219 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
It could be interpreted that way, but gold shrouds could mean a number of things. So far the deaths have been because of who/what they are. If they were actual Baratheon children things might be different. The look when the with said the king will have 20 children and you will have three... Was priceless.

Sent from nowhere
I can't remember the details of the prophecy so I was a bit surprised that everyone thinks it's about Margaery. I took it literally, and thought the gold crowns simply meant both her boys would be king and gold shrouds meant both kings would be killed. When she talked about a more beautiful queen taking her place I assumed she meant Daenerys and that she might be the one to kill Tommen.

I liked the 20 kids part too. I chuckled to see her being warned even as a child that her future husband would be a horndog.
post #6220 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 165
8 million viewers = most watched ep ever.

18-49 rating was 4.2 that was good for 2nd highest on all of tv last wk.

post #6221 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
We don't know if they have been fed or not.
This might sound wierd, but being an animal-lover, I think it's cruel for Daenerys to have shackled the dragons in the first place... sure there will be a few barbequed animals (and homo-sapiens), but they're freaking dragons - that's to be expected. They can round up violent criminals and use them as dragon-feed. There are only 3 dragons, but there are LOTS of people

This would have the added benefit of keeping the general population in check
post #6222 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked: 1113
Quote:
This might sound wierd, but being an animal-lover, I think it's cruel for Daenerys to have shackled the dragons in the first place... sure there will be a few barbequed animals (and homo-sapiens), but they're freaking dragons - that's to be expected. They can round up violent criminals and use them as dragon-feed. There are only 3 dragons, but there are LOTS of people

Dragons flying around the Countryside devouring children and what not might end up putting just a little cramp in Dany's leadership style .. and Drogon is still out there ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6223 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Dragons flying around the Countryside devouring children and what not might end up putting just a little cramp in Dany's leadership style .. and Drogon is still out there ..
Actually, Drogon is on my dresser We toured Warner Bros studios a few weeks back and my daughter bought me a Drogon collectible. I've placed it right next to my fully articulated Cylon collectible
post #6224 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Actually, Drogon is on my dresser We toured Warner Bros studios a few weeks back and my daughter bought me a Drogon collectible. I've placed it right next to my fully articulated Cylon collectible
As a lifelong Nerd (well before it became the New Black) .. I have always collected one thing or another .. I have a set of the egg repros that HBO offered as well as a full size cookie jar egg .. among various other things, the two favorites are a nicely done repro of Needle and a Coin of the Faceless Man .. .. I think last season I revealed my GOT tattoo ... "Valar Morghulis" ..
adpayne likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6225 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:

Let me get this straight. You feel bad because imaginary creatures are being mistreated, but you're okay with innocent goats and sheep are being barbequed alive?

You're like my wife. She can watch an action or horror movie where scores of people are being massacred, but if a doggy hurts his paw, she's bawling.
post #6226 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 82
*This was not a spoiler*

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608

Last edited by ChldsPlay; 04-14-2015 at 02:11 PM.
post #6227 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Let me get this straight. You feel bad because imaginary creatures are being mistreated, but you're okay with innocent goats and sheep are being barbequed alive?
My point is more that the dragons are being inhumanely treated - don't dragons have feelings too? At least build an outdoor, open-air dragon sanctuary.
post #6228 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I wonder if HBO is planning to revisit the flashback scene to show the rest of it or if they are going to emit it from the show. I thought it contained fairly important information. The way they left the scene though, it doesn't seem like they'll go back to it.
I think you are in the wrong thread, buddy.
post #6229 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
.. I think last season I revealed my GOT tattoo ... "Valar Morghulis" ..
That's right. You did expose yourself to us last year. I still have nightmares.......
mgkdragn likes this.
post #6230 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
My point is more that the dragons are being inhumanely treated - don't dragons have feelings too? At least build an outdoor, open-air dragon sanctuary.
They had it too good for too long ..

Uncle Willie

post #6231 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
This might sound wierd, but being an animal-lover, I think it's cruel for Daenerys to have shackled the dragons in the first place... sure there will be a few barbequed animals (and homo-sapiens), but they're freaking dragons - that's to be expected. They can round up violent criminals and use them as dragon-feed.
And how exactly would you teach them that eating the designated criminals is what they should be doing? Spank them if they eat a baby instead? Tell them they are bad dragons and to go and sit in the corner when they fly over a village and burn it to the ground?

As you said, "they're freaking dragons" not puppies. They ain't going to sit around while some puny human tells them what they should be doing. They do what they want to and only follow orders when they feel like it.

post #6232 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Which moderator is responsible for this thread or forum section? I would like to send him a private message regarding an unrightful punishment.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #6233 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Which moderator is responsible for this thread or forum section? I would like to send him a private message regarding an unrightful punishment.
This is why I love AVS .. it's always, always good for at least one solid chuckle a day .. let me take a moment and compliment you on your sense of humor ..

Uncle Willie

post #6234 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
I think you are in the wrong thread, buddy.
I didn't mention spoilers. Just pondering.

post #6235 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Dragon doesn't want to be fed. He wants to hunt. Can't just suppress 65 million years of gut instinct.

post #6236 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I didn't mention spoilers. Just pondering.

Non book readers in general don't want to know about the existence of possibly emitted fairly important info. The books don't exist in our minds. There is only the show.
post #6237 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Non book readers in general don't want to know about the existence of possibly emitted fairly important info. The books don't exist in our minds. There is only the show.
Non readers are well aware that there is omitted fairly important info (or seemingly so). That's not a revelation, it's a given. There is something omitted from nearly every scene in the show. It is known. And I would never divulge what any of that is to anyone who didn't want to know.

Last edited by ChldsPlay; 04-14-2015 at 01:34 PM.
post #6238 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
I wonder if HBO is planning to revisit the flashback scene to show the rest of it or if they are going to emit it from the show. I thought it contained fairly important information. The way they left the scene though, it doesn't seem like they'll go back to it.
Maybe they'll continue the flashbacks all season. Can't wait till she meets The Commodore.
John dhein and ChldsPlay like this.
post #6239 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Non readers are well aware that there is omitted fairly important info (or seemingly so). That's not a revelation, it's a given. There is something omitted from nearly every scene in the show. It is known. And I would never divulge what any of that is to anyone who didn't want to know.
You singled out a particular scene as having missing info and speculated on whether more would be "revealed" or not. Show viewers have no idea which scenes are modified or changed. Honestly, I'm trying to help you out here before it all blows up again.

bobby94928 likes this.
post #6240 of 7706 Old 04-14-2015, 01:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1938 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
They had it too good for too long ..

Maybe so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
As you said, "they're freaking dragons" not puppies. They ain't going to sit around while some puny human tells them what they should be doing. They do what they want to and only follow orders when they feel like it.
Dany HAS to retain some control or she is going to become very vulnerable to outside forces.
Many people obey her only because she has a perceived leash on her monster off-spring....

Quote:
This is why I love AVS .. it's always, always good for at least one solid chuckle a day .. let me take a moment and compliment you on your sense of humor ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Thank you for saying it perfectly.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page