'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 6037 Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

I hope Gollum finally shows up this season.

No Spoilers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 6037 Old 01-31-2012, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I'd settle for Gandalf, personally. Grey version.
post #603 of 6037 Old 01-31-2012, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Shadow" Tease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE

Goose bumps!!!! Sooo can't wait.

post #604 of 6037 Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Game of Thrones Valentine's cards, from Chris Bishop.
post #605 of 6037 Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Excellent show, finally got around to watching it. Banged it out this week via On Demand. Perfect for an elliptical work out.

Cinematography is first class. The use of the stained glass windows and the way the "natural" sun rays beam through, wherever they can, is gorgeous lighting. One of the best looking shows on television.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #606 of 6037 Old 03-03-2012, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I can't wait to rewatch it on BD before the new season starts!

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #607 of 6037 Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 78
The BD should be at my house on Tuesday! I am so looking forward to it!

Bobby 

post #608 of 6037 Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 80
^^^^ Did you find it any less than the $34.95 both Amazon and Target will have it for this Tuesday? If not I may just pick it up at Target, last time I pre-ordered at Amazon it didn't ship until the Tuesday which meant I didn't get it until Friday or maybe the Saturday after
Not that $35 isn't a good price on a 5 BD set but it's always nice to get things at the lowest going price
The Target ad also says Target exclusive....I wonder what that means?
post #609 of 6037 Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Target has an extra disk:
"Creating the Visual Effects - Get a firsthand look at the visual effects used to bring the first series of Game of Thrones to HBO, from towering castles and sweeping landscapes, to complex stunts and fight sequences."

This is also that same price at best buy too.

post #610 of 6037 Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
I didn't get to see Season 1 of Game of Thrones because I cancelled HBO some time ago. I will soon catch up, though, as I just ordered the Season 1 BDs from Amazon. Can hardly wait! I have read and loved all the Song of Ice And Fire novels so will be anxious to see how the TV series handled the first one, although I gather it handled it very well.

This is my first post to this thread in a long time and will be my last, as I plan to unsubscribe almost immediately. The posting rules here are so restrictive, it's better for my digestion if I post only rarely if at all, rather than risk running afoul of the Thread Nazis.
post #611 of 6037 Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 78
I just got the BD at my front door from Amazon..... On goes the HT....

Bobby 

post #612 of 6037 Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Just finished the entire bluray of season 1.
I really like the dialog between characters. Everyone has something to say that can one up the other. Sharp writing great acting.
Show needs serious exposition as I've not read the story and need more who's who and less really long bath scene with guy who gets gold dumped over his head. What a waste of naked woman and time. Several time waste scenes.
I'm still confused about the mountain incedent. What exactly happened? Did the mountain get all pissed off at losing and attack some poor village? And why did Ned Stark want to recend his order? But it was too late? Did anything come of that?
I'm glad Snows sworn brothers stopped him from leaving the wall. That had me on the edge of my seat along with the scene with Ned confronting the new king joffrey. That was tense.
post #613 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

I really like the dialog between characters. Everyone has something to say that can one up the other. Sharp writing great acting.
Show needs serious exposition as I've not read the story and need more who's who and less really long bath scene with guy who gets gold dumped over his head. What a waste of naked woman and time. Several time waste scenes.
I'm still confused about the mountain incedent. What exactly happened? Did the mountain get all pissed off at losing and attack some poor village? And why did Ned Stark want to recend his order? But it was too late? Did anything come of that?
I'm glad Snows sworn brothers stopped him from leaving the wall. That had me on the edge of my seat along with the scene with Ned confronting the new king joffrey. That was tense.

Those scenes you complain about ARE exposition.

The Mountain was trying to make it look like they were banner men for a different lord (Tully? Can't remember) to cause trouble.
post #614 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

The Mountain (Gregor Clegane) is a sworn bannerman of House Lannister.

Ned Stark tried to rescind Robert's order to kill Daenerys Targaryen because he didn't think it was very honorable to murder a teenage girl for no good reason other than her blood line. It was too late though, the orders were already sent.
post #615 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Boy, it sure would be nice to read a thorough encapsulation/plot summery of S-1 before S-2 starts up. I had forgotten how confusing this densely interwoven plotline is, and I wasn't too sure who was betraying/loyal/plotting/murdering/scheming to whom last year while I was watching.

Where's the best site to get a much-needed GoT refresher course?
post #616 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Boy, it sure would be nice to read a thorough encapsulation/plot summery of S-1 before S-2 starts up. I had forgotten how confusing this densely interwoven plotline is, and I wasn't too sure who was betraying/loyal/plotting/murdering/scheming to whom last year while I was watching.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Overview_Season_1

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/e.../synopsis.html

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #617 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
ah thanks for some reason I thought that Stark wanted to stop the arrest of the mountian. Now it makes more sense.
Crow express is almost as good as cell phone texting in this world.
One of the primers I read on hbo web site mentioned that dragon girl and her brother were airs of the previous mad king who were sent into exile. I somehow doubt she would join her army with any group that booted them out.
post #618 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...efresher_guide
post #619 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-...-recap/154592/

22min video of season 1

"There’s no doubt that you should take the time to watch each and every bit of the 10-episode first season of Game of Thrones. But sometimes, when you find a show, you just don’t have the kind of time to catch up before the next season hits the air (though in the age of DVR’s and OnDemand, it’s not all that hard). Thankfully, for the lazy but interested viewer, HBO has put together a 22-minute recap of the first season complete with a sneak peak at the forthcoming second season which will premiere next weekend on April 1st. It glosses over certain aspects, but introduces all the major characters and story points for those who just want to jump into the deep end as soon as possible. Watch it after the jump!"
post #620 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

I just started watching GoT last Sunday night and have found the background info on the lands/characters/Houses/history at the HBO site very helpful. The ep synopses like the one mgkdragn linked that they have scattered thoughout the "Catch up on Season 1" guide are pretty detailed and I've actually been reading through them after watching the ep's just to cement in my mind all the stuff that was going on and exactly who everyone is. Five ep's down and five to go!

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of...chup/chapter1/

ron
post #621 of 6037 Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

I just started watching GoT last Sunday night and have found the background info on the lands/characters/Houses/history at the HBO site very helpful. The ep synopses like the one mgkdragn linked that they have scattered thoughout the "Catch up on Season 1" guide are pretty detailed and I've actually been reading through them after watching the ep's just to cement in my mind all the stuff that was going on and exactly who everyone is. Five ep's down and five to go!

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of...chup/chapter1/

ron

I've been kinda refreshing my memory in prep for Season 2 .. just a few days away now ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #622 of 6037 Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 AM

Liked: 13
I was reading through this thread since I didn't catch the first season during it's original run last year. I recently watched all episodes and this is now one of my favorite shows and I am about 1/3 through the first book.

LOL at the guy freaking out over Ned killing Sansa's wolf - can't believe that argument went on for like 2+ pages.
post #623 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

post #624 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUdukes07 View Post

I was reading through this thread since I didn't catch the first season during it's original run last year. I recently watched all episodes and this is now one of my favorite shows and I am about 1/3 through the first book.

LOL at the guy freaking out over Ned killing Sansa's wolf - can't believe that argument went on for like 2+ pages.

Yeah, I finished the first book a week ago and am now up to episode 4 of the show via HBOGO. I came here to see what the reaction to the story was like and I had to stop reading after all those posts wasted on what's actually an important event that is handled completely off-screen tastefully.

I noticed that iTunes has some great family history videos for free if people need a refresher on all the houses. I'm now devouring book 2 in anticipation of Season 2.
post #625 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

All the recap I need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT...feature=colike

Fixed the video image link for you, all you need is the alpha/numeric characters(the ID) in the YouTube link when using the embedding tool.
post #626 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Fixed the video image link for you, all you need is the alpha/numeric characters(the ID) in the YouTube link when using the embedding tool.

Thanks!
post #627 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I can't believe I just watched all eleven minutes of that! I was laughing under my breath the whole time. I'm doing a re-watch of S1 on HBOGo and enjoyed it then too. S1 is sooooo much less mind draining on the re-watch. I can sit and enjoy it rather than having to figure the whole thing out. I also had a lot of "so that's what that was all about" moments. If you can get it in before Sunday night, I highly recommend a re-watch.

post #628 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

post #629 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:

Don't say I didn't warn ya:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-proble...ones-universe/

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #630 of 6037 Old 03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 303
^ Haha! Good stuff!
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page