'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #6301 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
She also remembers what he himself said. All they understand is blood. Sending him away would just mean she was "soft". She was trying to do the right thing by not killed my the 1st man and giving him a trail. You can't take the law into your own hands period. Her rule and law is absolute and must be enforced with a firm hand. It wasn't the easy thing to do, but it was what had to be done.
So she wants to rule thru Fear, rather than adulation?
Bring on the Revolution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
The best solution was for him to "accidentally wander" into the Dragon Den and be BBQ'd and devoured.
You kinda beat me to it.
I was thinking she could have appointed him Keeper of Dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadziedzic View Post
Sorry to disappoint you (and me as well), but I'm pretty sure I saw a brief flash of Theon/Reek in the teasers for next week's episode.
Yup, sure did.
Ph8te likes this.

I reserve the right to be ignorant, annoying, and just plain stupid...I'm an American.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2456 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
So she wants to rule thru Fear, rather than adulation?
Bring on the Revolution...

You kinda beat me to it.
I was thinking she could have appointed him Keeper of Dragons.

Yup, sure did.

Even if you rule through love there need to be rules. If she "makes exceptions" then she will be in trouble. Her line was clear at least I thought so. There will be bumps in the road as she never really has to dole out punishment. The trial was going to be her 1st test. You can't please everyone but everyone knows if you break the law there are consequences period. If you admit your guilt however there is no trail needed. To me her hand was forced and the other guy would have most likely been executed anyways.

Sent from nowhere
John dhein likes this.
post #6303 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Of course he would have been executed and his murder was a political opportunity wasted. I'm on board that she had to execute the ex-slave. She also needs to do something awful to enforce on the population that it's nice to be loved, but being feared is just as effective and essential if you want to establish effective government. There's a BBQ coming soon.
John dhein likes this.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #6304 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadziedzic View Post
Sorry to disappoint you (and me as well), but I'm pretty sure I saw a brief flash of Theon/Reek in the teasers for next week's episode.
DVR cut the teaser this week .. checked it on HBOGO, oh, well .. wishful thinking I guess .. .. on a side note though, apparently Theon has a fairly strong fan following, so I guess I'm not surprised he's still in the picture ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6305 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Daario Naharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Somebody refresh my memory please. Who is the survivor of the Fighting Pits that is bedding Dani?
That would be Daario Naharis, who was formerly played by smoldering Ed Skrein, has been replaced by forgettable actor Michael Huisman.

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #6306 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJonez View Post
That would be Daario Naharis, who was formerly played by smoldering Ed Skrein, has been replaced by forgettable actor Michael Huisman.
Thanks. You are correct, this new actor is meh at best.
post #6307 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Thanks. You are correct, this new actor is meh at best.
Guess you wont be seeing Adaline this weekend.

post #6308 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 813
I loved this episode, it was riveting storytelling, it seemed to me.

Was glad to see Tom Wlaschiha, as Jaqen H'ghar, back, this time at the House of Black and White. He has been way too compelling a character to let go.

I agree that Danis screwed up when she authorized the execution of the kid who killed the Sand Snake. That's the kind of rigidity and bad judgment that have had me shaking my head at Stannis Baratheon's decisions all these years. Stannis has convinced me that he doesn't have what it takes to rule, even with the Onion Knight's help. Dani is young so there's still hope but the execution was a bad portent.
post #6309 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Stannis + Melisandre == Bad, Bad Combination ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6310 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I agree that Danis screwed up when she authorized the execution of the kid who killed the Sand Snake.
He murdered an unsullied.

Sand Snakes are the daughters of oberyn "squishedface" martell.

post #6311 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 07:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2456 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I loved this episode, it was riveting storytelling, it seemed to me.

Was glad to see Tom Wlaschiha, as Jaqen H'ghar, back, this time at the House of Black and White. He has been way too compelling a character to let go.

I agree that Danis screwed up when she authorized the execution of the kid who killed the Sand Snake. That's the kind of rigidity and bad judgment that have had me shaking my head at Stannis Baratheon's decisions all these years. Stannis has convinced me that he doesn't have what it takes to rule, even with the Onion Knight's help. Dani is young so there's still hope but the execution was a bad portent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
He murdered an unsullied.

Sand Snakes are the daughters of oberyn "squishedface" martell.

The Son of the Harpy (the guy who dies last episode) killed the unsullied. Danny was convinced to give him a trial. The former slave who now sits on her council wanted him dead with no trial. When Danny made the decision to have a trail he took the law into his own hand.

Sent from nowhere
post #6312 of 7777 Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Even if you rule through love there need to be rules. If she "makes exceptions" then she will be in trouble. Her line was clear at least I thought so. There will be bumps in the road as she never really has to dole out punishment. The trial was going to be her 1st test. You can't please everyone but everyone knows if you break the law there are consequences period. If you admit your guilt however there is no trail needed. To me her hand was forced and the other guy would have most likely been executed anyways.
I get that, but Dany blew this up herself by insisting on a trial.
Being a successful politician means changing the rules to fit one's current needs.
Her inexperience showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
Of course he would have been executed and his murder was a political opportunity wasted. I'm on board that she had to execute the ex-slave. She also needs to do something awful to enforce on the population that it's nice to be loved, but being feared is just as effective and essential if you want to establish effective government. There's a BBQ coming soon.
When someone is considered a near God by the little people, it is easy to make things work...as long as one always monitors the pulse of the naïve.

I reserve the right to be ignorant, annoying, and just plain stupid...I'm an American.
post #6313 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Dany could've stuck to her principles, but making the execution public was a terrible idea... even if she was 100% justified in her actions, you can't reason with a crowd/mob, especially considering the emotionally charged environment of the entire city at that point.
gwsat and oink like this.
post #6314 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Being a successful politician means changing the rules to fit one's current needs.
Her inexperience showed.
Now that I think about it, maybe Tyroin could REALLY be some help to her here.
We know what a master of political skills he is....

post #6315 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Dany could've stuck to her principles, but making the execution public was a terrible idea... even if she was 100% justified in her actions, you can't reason with a crowd/mob, especially considering the emotionally charged environment of the entire city at that point.
Thats OK. With the half man on the way, she needs a reason to get out of Essos and go to Westeros, and who better then half man to teacher how to run the show. I think she is the Queen that Cersie needs to fear, not the one playing with babies. Jon Snow is becoming far more powerful, Arya is in school, Sansa is learning at the hands of a master, and all thats left is for another red head to show up for Snow. Could that be Sansa, she is a cousin I think not a half sister. After all the Targaryen's tried to keep the blood lines pure, the Lannister's did marry cousins .
What is to come?
post #6316 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Her inexperience showed.

When someone is considered a near God by the little people, it is easy to make things work...as long as one always monitors the pulse of the naïve.
You'd fit right in in Washington. Doing that may make one a successful politician, but it also makes them a terrible leader or ruler.
John dhein likes this.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #6317 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 114
He had to be executed, some of you guys are way too soft. Indeed there are times when leaders do indeed show mercy but still have to lead and make unpopular decisions. He even told her she would appear soft, she would have lost all respect from the people. Tyrion arrives explains all to her, and Dany join forces and have the Dragon as a weapon and begin to conquer perhaps?
John dhein likes this.
post #6318 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
Thats OK. With the half man on the way, she needs a reason to get out of Essos and go to Westeros, and who better then half man to teacher how to run the show. I think she is the Queen that Cersie needs to fear, not the one playing with babies. Jon Snow is becoming far more powerful, Arya is in school, Sansa is learning at the hands of a master, and all thats left is for another red head to show up for Snow. Could that be Sansa, she is a cousin I think not a half sister. After all the Targaryen's tried to keep the blood lines pure, the Lannister's did marry cousins .
What is to come?
Sansa would be a good match for JS.
She would help legitimize his position in the North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
You'd fit right in in Washington. Doing that may make one a successful politician, but it also makes them a terrible leader or ruler.
I am an observer, nothing more.
For better or worse, that is how the game is played.

post #6319 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

I am an observer, nothing more.
For better or worse, that is how the game is played.
Unfortunately, I can't argue with you there. At least it makes for good TV.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #6320 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 398
It really seems like the Dragon lady has lost her way and has forgotten who she was/is, she was the Dragon Queen and now she is caught up in politics and ruling, etc. I wonder if that is why her one free dragon has been acting the way it has and so distant from her. She needs to get back to being the Dragon Queen.

I soooo can't wait for Tyrion to get there with her, I think that is going to be a very interesting pairing.
Sharp1080 and oink like this.

post #6321 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 813
I agree with what seems to be a growing consensus here that some kind of a Tyrion - Daenerys alliance could help them both. It will be fun if it happens. It would also be fun to see Tyrion, Jamie, and Bronn together. They are all articulate and cynical, a combination that fits the show.
post #6322 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

While I understand that Daenerys is still "in training" and perhaps Rhaegal and Viserion are not quite grown enough, Drogon looks pretty formidable .. I do hope she eventually gets back to the original idea of re-claiming the Iron Throne ..

Uncle Willie

post #6323 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I do hope she eventually gets back to the original idea of re-claiming the Iron Throne ..
Me too.
She got sidetracked a bit.

post #6324 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
Jon Snow is becoming far more powerful, Arya is in school, Sansa is learning at the hands of a master, and all thats left is for another red head to show up for Snow. Could that be Sansa, she is a cousin I think not a half sister..
Ned Stark is Jon Snow's and Sansa's father. They are half brother/sister, not cousins.
post #6325 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
While I understand that Daenerys is still "in training" and perhaps Rhaegal and Viserion are not quite grown enough, Drogon looks pretty formidable .. I do hope she eventually gets back to the original idea of re-claiming the Iron Throne ..
Yet she runs away afraid of the other two, while she approaches the other one with adoration.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #6326 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Yet she runs away afraid of the other two, while she approaches the other one with adoration.

I think I can safely say Drogon has always been the Golden Child ..

Uncle Willie

post #6327 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
Ned Stark is Jon Snow's and Sansa's father. They are half brother/sister, not cousins.
I am of the opinion that Ned Starks sister is the mother of Snow and the father is Daenerys Targaryen older brother that was killed by Robert Baratheon making him half and half from both of the old Kings blood lines. Did you pickup on the red womans look as see saw Jon over the fire burning the bodies of the Night's Watch dead. That was last year.
post #6328 of 7777 Old 04-21-2015, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I soooo can't wait for Tyrion to get there with her, I think that is going to be a very interesting pairing.
Agree - The dialog between these two will be like nothing before. Tyrion's quips will not charm this female. Should be fun
post #6329 of 7777 Old 04-22-2015, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 140
I hope the Arya storyline picks up a little pace... it's just not the same without the Hound's life lessons and one line quips. I didn't think it was necessary for Jaqen to refuse Arya entry, then go through the entire sequence of Arya wandering the streets of Braavos, then facing off against those 3 thugs to show how tough she is - that's already been proven time and again. It seemed like a pointless test, if in fact that was Jaqen's intention.
Tack likes this.
post #6330 of 7777 Old 04-22-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Well, two of them were in chains and snapping at her and spitting fire. The other was free and voluntarily approaching her calmly.

I'd run off to, even if I was immune to the fire. Not immune to teeth.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com