'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 212 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6331 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
I hope the Arya storyline picks up a little pace... it's just not the same without the Hound's life lessons and one line quips. I didn't think it was necessary for Jaqen to refuse Arya entry, then go through the entire sequence of Arya wandering the streets of Braavos, then facing off against those 3 thugs to show how tough she is - that's already been proven time and again. It seemed like a pointless test, if in fact that was Jaqen's intention.

That part has been done for many many years. It is the test of do you really want to enter. By not answering the door, do you just leave or do you sit around for days waiting for someone to answer. It was showing "them" her dedication, patience etc. we as observers often take everything we know about a character and apply it to someone who's "just met" them. Since jaqen left she's done a lot of which he may know nothing.

Sent from nowhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6332 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am wondering if we will see her doing her Jedi training, or if she will just pop out years later as a skilled assassin

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #6333 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
I am wondering if we will see her doing her Jedi training, or if she will just pop out years later as a skilled assassin

I have a feeling we will see some of her training...

Sent from nowhere
post #6334 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere

Just as we saw with the Hound who taught her to hone her skills.
post #6335 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
Quote:
Well, two of them were in chains and snapping at her and spitting fire. The other was free and voluntarily approaching her calmly.

I'd run off to, even if I was immune to the fire. Not immune to teeth.
THIS.

Quote:
That part has been done for many many years. It is the test of do you really want to enter. By not answering the door, do you just leave or do you sit around for days waiting for someone to answer. It was showing "them" her dedication, patience etc. we as observers often take everything we know about a character and apply it to someone who's "just met" them. Since jaqen left she's done a lot of which he may know nothing.
Agreed.

Quote:
Arya has been too big of a character to put on ice for a long time.
I'm sure we will keep seeing her in whatever she is doing.
Ph8te likes this.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
post #6336 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:

Sent from nowhere
Yeah but then she did leave and rather foolishly threw away the medallion or coin or whatever. So I don't know what kind of test it was. Anyway, you would think getting to Bravos was enough of a test for a girl traveling alone.

But hey mysterious dude gotta be mysterious right. Still two of my favorite characters.
post #6337 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Yeah but then she did leave and rather foolishly threw away the medallion or coin or whatever. So I don't know what kind of test it was. Anyway, you would think getting to Bravos was enough of a test for a girl traveling alone.

But hey mysterious dude gotta be mysterious right. Still two of my favorite characters.
I kind of liked that she ditched the coin and went to try to bootstrap herself into a uniquely lethal young lady. Self made chaotic woman, she.

Of course they couldn't let someone that promising go her own way. She's been vetted by Jaqen and others, probably has a scholarship and gets to be in a sorority.
post #6338 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

Eventually she did "give up" but from what we saw we have to assume it was days of waiting there. She got frustrated and she is young have to giver her a little leeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
I kind of liked that she ditched the coin and went to try to bootstrap herself into a uniquely lethal young lady. Self made chaotic woman, she.

Of course they couldn't let someone that promising go her own way. She's been vetted by Jaqen and others, probably has a scholarship and gets to be in a sorority.

I don't doubt Jaqen was going to let her join, but I am sure the initial test of her "want" is something that was needed. Her going off and fending for herself as she always has just added to things.

Personally I'm looking forward to see what this pair brings us in future episodes.

Sent from nowhere
post #6339 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1121
I'm having trouble seeing Tyrion and Dany hitting it off. They seem incompatible even if they are on the same "side". She's always so serious and he never is.

Anybody notice how many titles Dany has accrued? The last time they were read off it felt like a little subversive humor.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention - What happened to the comet? I liked when they were showing that, it seemed like such a bad omen.
post #6340 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I'm having trouble seeing Tyrion and Dany hitting it off. They seem incompatible even if they are on the same "side". She's always so serious and he never is.

Anybody notice how many titles Dany has accrued? The last time they were read off it felt like a little subversive humor.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention - What happened to the comet? I liked when they were showing that, it seemed like such a bad omen.
I don't, what do they call it, yeng & yang. One balances the other. I do not see a romance but a partnership of sorts.
post #6341 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
I don't, what do they call it, yeng & yang. One balances the other. I do not see a romance but a partnership of sorts.

She doesn't seem to be the type to find any humor in his cynicism. We will see.
post #6342 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any explanation as to why Arya's "death List" was so short? She couldn't possibly know about Tywin's death, and why no Illin Payne or the the guy from the Brothers w/o Banners, possibly more missing that I can't think of.

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...t_to_webp=true

Last edited by bobbvis; 04-22-2015 at 05:33 PM.
post #6343 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I do not see a romance but a partnership of sorts.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I think the problem with him is he is TOO serious...his humor masks this.
People don't take him seriously.
He knows this and shows them what they want to see.

Whenever push comes to shove or he is backed into a corner the real Tyroin comes out.
Remember him at the big battle when Stannis tried to take King's Landing...

post #6344 of 6358 Old 04-22-2015, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbvis View Post
Any explanation as to why Arya's "death List" was so short? She couldn't possibly know about Tywin's death, and why no Illin Payne or the the guy from the Brothers w/o Banners, possibly more missing that I can't think of.

Word travels fast and she probably did hear about Tywin. Illin Payne I believe has been written off. Illin Payne was written off the show (the actor is terminally ill). There are a few others missing as well, but we don't know yet why she left them off her current list.

Sent from nowhere
post #6345 of 6358 Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion

Very good episode, a flashback of season one was seen. Good movement in several areas. Want to be careful for those west coasters

Sent from nowhere

Last edited by Ph8te; Today at 05:22 AM.
post #6346 of 6358 Old Today, 01:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Wasn't to be careful for those west coasters
Starts 6pm PST every Sunday.

post #6347 of 6358 Old Today, 05:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Starts 6pm PST every Sunday.

Only for those with east coast feeds.

Sent from nowhere
post #6348 of 6358 Unread Today, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Again, not much action, but lots of character development.

Tyrion is going to see the queen. But which one?

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #6349 of 6358 Unread Today, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Again, not much action, but lots of character development.

Tyrion is going to see the queen. But which one?

There is only one queen as far as he is concerned. Khalesi will be getting a present. Jorah is hoping that him bringing Tyrion will get him back in her good graces.

Sent from nowhere
post #6350 of 6358 Unread Today, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Only for those with east coast feeds.

Sent from nowhere
With Direct both east and west feeds are there. So I can be my own spoiler.

Good episode. How long before Sansa starts getting even. I can't see the skinners becoming a real power in the north, what did that old women reminded Sansa of, The North Remembers. What did Jon say to Stannis, the northerns are a bit like the ones from north of the wall. I would not call the Nights Watch as northerns, Jon is one and winter is coming, and the Stark half of his blood is showing. I see Petyr Baelish undoing the Boltons in a big way, after all what did he say about the killings of the Starks at the Red wedding and having told his wife that the only woman he ever loved was Catelyn, as she went out the moon door. Littlefinger did reminder Bolton that the Vale is his, without mentioning Harrenhal, and does anyone think he will show Bolton what he writes back to Cersei Lannister. As for the Lannister's they are all off on a big adventure. I do like the Skinners rebuilding Winterfell for the next generation of the Kings of the North. And Winter is still Coming, Jon Snow.
Ph8te likes this.
post #6351 of 6358 Unread Today, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
With Direct both east and west feeds are there. So I can be my own spoiler.

Good episode. How long before Sansa starts getting even. I can't see the skinners becoming a real power in the north, what did that old women reminded Sansa of, The North Remembers. What did Jon say to Stannis, the northerns are a bit like the ones from north of the wall. I would not call the Nights Watch as northerns, Jon is one and winter is coming, and the Stark half of his blood is showing. I see Petyr Baelish undoing the Boltons in a big way, after all what did he say about the killings of the Starks at the Red wedding and having told his wife that the only woman he ever loved was Catelyn, as she went out the moon door. Littlefinger did reminder Bolton that the Vale is his, without mentioning Harrenhal, and does anyone think he will show Bolton what he writes back to Cersei Lannister. As for the Lannister's they are all off on a big adventure. I do like the Skinners rebuilding Winterfell for the next generation of the Kings of the North. And Winter is still Coming, Jon Snow.

The old woman said she remembers Sansa aka the Starks still have power even if they are not in power via the people. John had almost the mirror image of the beheading scene of the nights watch that abandoned the watch in season one.

The skinners are the Boltons their sigil is the flayed man. They are not long for power and I think Ramsey will meet his end via Sansa or Theon. Theon seemed to be having flashbacks of who he is with the flayed men and seeing Sansa.

Littlefinger always seems to find a way to get his message across. I think he'll show a message, but most likely not the actual one.

Sent from nowhere
post #6352 of 6358 Unread Today, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 65
This week on Game of Thrones! Watch Arya sweep! Watch people talk! Watch people talk while serving food to other people! Watch people talk while riding in a cart! What people talk in the North!

Seriously, I realize the GoT isn't all action & boobs but I felt like this week was a little underwhelming. Lots happened, but very little of it was as amazing or as interesting as it usually is. Yes, there were a few interesting things here and there (Sansa's decision, Snow's justice), but overall.... meh. Hopefully it's just a blip.
post #6353 of 6358 Unread Today, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Very good episode, a flashback of season one was seen. Good movement in several areas. Want to be careful for those west coasters

Sent from nowhere
I waited till 8pm PST to watch it and didn't go online (at least here) after 6pm PST.
Ph8te likes this.
post #6354 of 6358 Unread Today, 08:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post
This week on Game of Thrones! Watch Arya sweep! Watch people talk! Watch people talk while serving food to other people! Watch people talk while riding in a cart! What people talk in the North!

Seriously, I realize the GoT isn't all action & boobs but I felt like this week was a little underwhelming. Lots happened, but very little of it was as amazing or as interesting as it usually is. Yes, there were a few interesting things here and there (Sansa's decision, Snow's justice), but overall.... meh. Hopefully it's just a blip.
GoT had always been about the great drama. It's not always action. They build up to it for the penultimate episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I waited till 8pm PST to watch it and didn't go online (at least here) after 6pm PST.

at least you got what I was referring to twas just a joke

Sent from nowhere
post #6355 of 6358 Unread Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The old woman said she remembers Sansa aka the Starks still have power even if they are not in power via the people. John had almost the mirror image of the beheading scene of the nights watch that abandoned the watch in season one.

The skinners are the Boltons their sigil is the flayed man. They are not long for power and I think Ramsey will meet his end via Sansa or Theon. Theon seemed to be having flashbacks of who he is with the flayed men and seeing Sansa.

Littlefinger always seems to find a way to get his message across. I think he'll show a message, but most likely not the actual one.

Sent from nowhere
What did I say

The story line I like going forward is this. Sansa is learning at the hands of a master, and all thats left is for another red head to show up for Snow. Could that be Sansa, she is a cousin not a half sister. His mother is Ned Starks sister and his father a Targaryen the older brother of Daenerys Targaryen. After all the Targaryen's tried to keep the blood lines pure, marrying each other, and the Lannister's did marry cousins.
For the Boltons, Winter is still Coming, Jon Snow.
post #6356 of 6358 Unread Today, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
What did I say

The story line I like going forward is this. Sansa is learning at the hands of a master, and all thats left is for another red head to show up for Snow. Could that be Sansa, she is a cousin not a half sister. His mother is Ned Starks sister and his father a Targaryen the older brother of Daenerys Targaryen. After all the Targaryen's tried to keep the blood lines pure, marrying each other, and the Lannister's did marry cousins.

For the Boltons, Winter is still Coming, Jon Snow.

We don't know who his mother is all we are doing is speculating. That part of his story has not been revealed yet. The Starks/northerners do NOT follow the incest way of doing things. Forget Sansa and John as that would never happen.

Sent from nowhere
post #6357 of 6358 Unread Today, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 203
It was good to see the old Tyrion back instead of mopey, drunk Tyrion, if only for a few minutes. I guess he's still haunted by memories of his old flame so he couldn't continue. The evolution of the two Stark girls and John Snow will be interesting to see. And Margaery taking control of King's Landing was great. Oh, and Brienne and Pod's scene was poignant.
Ph8te likes this.

Last edited by hooked01; Today at 08:51 AM.
post #6358 of 6358 Unread Today, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Khalesi will be getting a present. Jorah is hoping that him bringing Tyrion will get him back in her good graces.
What I'm thinking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
It was good to see the old Tyrion back instead of mopey, drunk Tyrion, if only for a few minutes. I guess he's still haunted by memories of his old flame so he couldn't continue. The evolution of the two Stark girls and John Snow will be interesting to see. And Margaery taking control of King's Landing was great. Oh, and Brienne and Pod's scene was poignant.
+1000000000

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page