'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 217 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6481 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
It was burned out until they replaced it with House Bolton. Once House Bolton took over they showed the "rebuilding" with their sigil. What don't you know about? That was a pretty in depth article on how decisions are made and how much work it actually takes to get changes or additions done.

Sent from nowhere
That wasn't meant as a negative statement so sorry if that's how it sounded. My wife just happened to point that out last night while watching the opening sequence.
Ph8te likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6482 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
If there is any truth to the rumor on Jon that's floated around the Web since season 1 or 2, the clues reside within any discussion Jon has had with Maester Aemon Targaryen .. and Aemon pretty much confirmed Ned was Jon's father ... at least that's how I see it .. Ned telling Jon he would talk about his mother does not imply in any way anything other than a talk ..
How would anything Aemon said confirm that?

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #6483 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
How would anything Aemon said confirm that?
Season 1, Episode 9 ...

Maester Aemon: Tell me, did you ever wonder why the men of the Night's Watch take no wives and father no children?
Jon Snow: No.
Maester Aemon: So they will not love. Love is the death of duty. If the day should ever come when your lord father was forced to choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?
Jon Snow: He... He would do whatever was right. No matter what.
Maester Aemon: Then Lord Stark is one man in 10,000. Most of us are not so strong. What is honor compared to a woman's love? And what is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms? Or a brother's smile?

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6484 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Season 1, Episode 9 ...

Maester Aemon: Tell me, did you ever wonder why the men of the Night's Watch take no wives and father no children?
Maester Aemon: So they will not love. Love is the death of duty. If the day should ever come when your lord father was forced to choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?
Maester Aemon: Then Lord Stark is one man in 10,000. Most of us are not so strong. What is honor compared to a woman's love? And what is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms? Or a brother's smile?
Hmm, I don't think it really confirms anything. Only one of his 3 examples would apply to Ned/Jon/Catelyn/Other Woman. You could take that as a possible clue, but I wouldn't see it that way in this instance, and certainly not as a confirmation.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #6485 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1823 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
That wasn't meant as a negative statement so sorry if that's how it sounded. My wife just happened to point that out last night while watching the opening sequence.

No need to apologize the House Bolton has been there since at least the beginning of this season and I want to say the end of last.

Sent from nowhere
post #6486 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Season 1, Episode 9 ...

Don't forget who Aemon is. He could as easily (in my mind, more easily) be talking about himself, and the life and family he left behind for the sake of honor. If anyone can actually answer those questions, it's Aemon.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #6487 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
Putting weapons in the hands of religious nut balls is never a good idea. I wonder to what end Cersei did that, if I understand it right.
I missed why she's doing this in the first place--just to gain more of an army & power?

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea, does that mean that one enjoys it?
post #6488 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 12:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post
I missed why she's doing this in the first place--just to gain more of an army & power?
To cause some grief for Margaery. By using a semi-autonomous group to attack/abduct Loras she can feign a lack of control over how to get him released. End result being Margaery is off home to get help, which is what Cersei wants, Margaery gone. Why Margarery has to go home to do that is puzzling to me though, why couldn't she just send a messenger? I suppose she feels her position in Kings Landing is tenuous at best at this point and leaving seems like the prudent move.
post #6489 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
To cause some grief for Margaery. By using a semi-autonomous group to attack/abduct Loras she can feign a lack of control over how to get him released. End result being Margaery is off home to get help, which is what Cersei wants, Margaery gone.
aah, got it-thanks.

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea, does that mean that one enjoys it?
post #6490 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
To cause some grief for Margaery. By using a semi-autonomous group to attack/abduct Loras she can feign a lack of control over how to get him released. End result being Margaery is off home to get help, which is what Cersei wants, Margaery gone. Why Margarery has to go home to do that is puzzling to me though, why couldn't she just send a messenger? I suppose she feels her position in Kings Landing is tenuous at best at this point and leaving seems like the prudent move.
Margaery can't leave because that leaves Tommen alone under Cersei's gentle care. He could divorce her claiming abandonment or some other foolishness that Cersei comes up with.

Tyrion is gone, Tywin is gone, her uncle is gone and Jaime is irrelevant and also gone. She is fully free to be as crazy as she can be.
post #6491 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
Margaery can't leave because that leaves Tommen alone under Cersei's gentle care. He could divorce her claiming abandonment or some other foolishness that Cersei comes up with.

Tyrion is gone, Tywin is gone, her uncle is gone and Jaime is irrelevant and also gone. She is fully free to be as crazy as she can be.
I've forgotten - who is the Hand of the King now that Tywin is no more?
post #6492 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 01:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Well yes, and that's what makes her comment about going home curious to me.
post #6493 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Hmm, I don't think it really confirms anything. Only one of his 3 examples would apply to Ned/Jon/Catelyn/Other Woman. You could take that as a possible clue, but I wouldn't see it that way in this instance, and certainly not as a confirmation.

I am simply taking dialog evidence from the show .. I'm not using thinly disguised speculation taken from the Books as some do here .. we have little to no real evidence within the show itself .. however, besides Aemon's talk with Jon .. we have :

Robert Baratheon seems certain of Jon’s mother’s identity. While lunching along the King’s Road and engaging in ‘Who bedded whom?’ nostalgia, he poses the question to Ned, “Yours was, Elena. You told me once, your bastard’s mother. Meryl?” To which Ned reluctantly responds, “Wylla.”

Cat asks Ned about Jon's mother .. Ned says : “Never ask me about Jon,” he said, cold as ice. “He is my blood, and that is all you need to know.” .. Cat seems frightened by Ned's attitude ..

Also, in Episode 2, before Jon and Ned part ways on the Kingsroad, Ned says, "There's great honor in serving the Night's Watch. The Starks have manned the Wall for thousands of years, and you are a Stark. You may not have my name, but you have my blood. "

It is known ..

the TV show has downplayed the mystery to the point where it seems extremely clear-cut: Eddard is Jon's father and his mother is, according to Eddard himself, a common girl named Wylla... myself, I doubt very much there will be any TV Show great mystery reveal ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
Don't forget who Aemon is. He could as easily (in my mind, more easily) be talking about himself, and the life and family he left behind for the sake of honor. If anyone can actually answer those questions, it's Aemon.
Exactly, the question is who is left on the show that would be privy to the knowledge .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6494 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
I've forgotten - who is the Hand of the King now that Tywin is no more?
Nobody.

post #6495 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I wanted to pose a quick question a bit off track.
At the end of last season Brienne found Ayra and
During the fight with the Hound Ayra slips away.

At the beginning of this season Brienne and Pod
Stumble upon Sansa and Littlefinger in the tavern.

During the ensuing verbal exchange I wonder why
Brienne didn't mention to Sansa that Ayra was still
Alive????

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
post #6496 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1823 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
I wanted to pose a quick question a bit off track.
At the end of last season Brienne found Ayra and
During the fight with the Hound Ayra slips away.

At the beginning of this season Brienne and Pod
Stumble upon Sansa and Littlefinger in the tavern.

During the ensuing verbal exchange I wonder why
Brienne didn't mention to Sansa that Ayra was still
Alive????

It probably wasn't the 1st thing on her mind. Also, she was rejected by Arya so it probably wouldn't be best to say that. Don't forget she doesn't trust who Sansa is with so saying that would put Arya at risk.

Sent from nowhere
grasshoppers likes this.
post #6497 of 6499 Unread Yesterday, 06:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Every person who knows the Stark kids are alive makes them bigger targets for capture, ransom or execution.
Ph8te, John dhein and grasshoppers like this.

post #6498 of 6499 Unread Today, 04:54 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 219
I don't think Aemon has any clue about Jon's heritage. He would be under the same ruse as everyone else that Ned was his father. If it's a ruse. Plus he's most likely been on the wall since before Jon's birth.

If he knew a different truth, why would he reveal it in an innocent sentence such as what was quoted earlier.
Phil17108 likes this.
post #6499 of 6499 Unread Today, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I don't think Aemon has any clue about Jon's heritage. He would be under the same ruse as everyone else that Ned was his father. If it's a ruse. Plus he's most likely been on the wall since before Jon's birth.

If he knew a different truth, why would he reveal it in an innocent sentence such as what was quoted earlier.
I remember Aemon's dialogue - it was to remind Jon of his duty to the cause; he recounted his long lost love in the past and all he forsook to take the black.

I don't think it had to do with Jon's parentage.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com