'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 218 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6511 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
It's hard to believe, but it does seem like Littlefinger does not know what a total psycho Ramsay is
Littlefinger's pretty sharp, so I think he knows what a dirtbag Ramsay is. My guess is that he probably doesn't think Ramsay will be around long enough to cause too much harm to Sansa.

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea, does that mean that one enjoys it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I am simply taking dialog evidence from the show .. I'm not using thinly disguised speculation taken from the Books as some do here .. we have little to no real evidence within the show itself .. however, besides Aemon's talk with Jon .. we have :

Robert Baratheon seems certain of Jon’s mother’s identity. While lunching along the King’s Road and engaging in ‘Who bedded whom?’ nostalgia, he poses the question to Ned, “Yours was, Elena. You told me once, your bastard’s mother. Meryl?” To which Ned reluctantly responds, “Wylla.”

Cat asks Ned about Jon's mother .. Ned says : “Never ask me about Jon,” he said, cold as ice. “He is my blood, and that is all you need to know.” .. Cat seems frightened by Ned's attitude ..

Also, in Episode 2, before Jon and Ned part ways on the Kingsroad, Ned says, "There's great honor in serving the Night's Watch. The Starks have manned the Wall for thousands of years, and you are a Stark. You may not have my name, but you have my blood. "

It is known ..

the TV show has downplayed the mystery to the point where it seems extremely clear-cut: Eddard is Jon's father and his mother is, according to Eddard himself, a common girl named Wylla... myself, I doubt very much there will be any TV Show great mystery reveal ..

Exactly, the question is who is left on the show that would be privy to the knowledge .. ??
I think those 4 scenes can actually be used as a greater argument against Jon being Ned's son. His use of the word "blood" instead of son and his rigid refusal to talk about the whole thing. The show obviously setup the question of who his mother is an issue from the start. Of course they wouldn't try to add the question if Ned was his father too, that would make it much less significant later on. Then this week you have
Spoiler!
I think there is a lot of evidence in the show...but it is still not firm enough to confirm one way or the other.

And Aemon is probably one of the last who would know what happened. The show could come up with anyone to have that knowledge.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608

Last edited by ChldsPlay; Yesterday at 10:51 AM.
post #6513 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I think those 4 scenes can actually be used as a greater argument against Jon being Ned's son. His use of the word "blood" instead of son and his rigid refusal to talk about the whole thing. The show obviously setup the question of who his mother is an issue from the start.

And Aemon is probably one of the last who would know what happened. The show could come up with anyone to have that knowledge.
My only point is what has been clearly shown in actual show dialog .. as well as Ned being one of the more honorable members of the cast ..

Anything else is guess / speculation / wishful thinking / based on what some might construe as a hint or whatnot .. unless someone knows of any other actual dialog regarding Jon's lineage .. that specifically references Jon .. Ned's use of the word "blood" rather than "son" has been a Web topic for years ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6514 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I'm thinking the producers have saved up the production money for something yet to come this season .. when I watched the pre-season "Making Of" .. we were led to believe the lush and rich Dorne would be featured, etc .. yet, to this point, we have a recycled Night's Watch set, a bleak stretch of sand where the Sand Snakes meet, a beach where Bron and Jamie show up, some street scenes, recycled Meereen sets, a side street fight with the Sons of the Harpy .. etc ..

I think the promo for next weeks show possibly provides a clue: dragons. We have Blacky out loose and I wonder how much longer the other two can be kept locked up. CGI costs big money.
post #6515 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post
I think the promo for next weeks show possibly provides a clue: dragons. We have Blacky out loose and I wonder how much longer the other two can be kept locked up. CGI costs big money.

I think we Lao tend to forget how much CGI is used in "regular" shots. They have done an excellent job in extending the real world via cgi and often it almost seems seamless.

Sent from nowhere
acebreathe likes this.
post #6516 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post
As a fan of the show, i thought this past season was spectacular, my favorite so far. I can't wait for the rest of the seasons to play out. I have never read the books so i have no notions on how the show will go. If i had to write an outcome, it would include the following:
No singular ruler. They don't survive lately and i doubt anyone (including Dany and those dragons) are strong enough to take and keep the throne. I think a unifying of the realm involving key members from various families works. Dany, Tyrion, Bran, Edric (i know he is a bastard but if Dany can free slaves, she can give standing to bastards), and Asha Greyjoy.

The dragons all die during various battles
Arya becomes an Assassin and protector to the realm
Jaime Lannister lives and gets together with the she-hulk
Cersei, Joffrey, and Tywin all die
Theon dies (quickly please)
Sansa dies (she's weak and stupid)
The hound lives
Stannis dies at the hand of the red witch who in turn is murdered by Davos
White walkers are defeated (but not totally eliminated) and the "Wizard" becomes the new leader of the Knight's Watch, while John Snow stays on as the main fighter
Bolton and Frey both die, hopefully slowly and they don't see it coming
Littlefinger lives but is put in his place

While i'm sure most of this will not happen, it's fun to think about.
I wrote this almost 2 years ago and i think i feel even stronger about it now. A democracy of sorts with reps from the families. It makes real sense. Now on to thoughts about the thread since i've been away:

Sansa-I've always hated her. Regarding the recent debate about what she is/will become i think it's obvious she will grow stronger in will. She may have a worthwhile part to play yet. I find her becoming interesting this season. That means she will likely die.
Stannis-I've always disliked him. A petulant suck who cries when he doesn't get his way. Now, it seems he may have turned a corner. Loved the scene with his daughter. I've actually enjoyed his screen time this year. That means he will likely die.
Dany-She still annoys me. However all is forgiven when she gets naked. However, that seems to be fading. Such a disappointment. She will likely live.
Jon Snow-Great. Carry on sir. I hope he doesn't die
Arya-Who doesn't love Arya? Anyways, i guess i'm perplexed by this story line. If she continues down this road, and does indeed, become a faceless man, she's given up her whole identity and lineage. I guess i was hoping for a reunion of sorts one day. She has to live.
Bran-So he's not in this season but is there any doubt that his part to play in this will have him controlling dragons?
She-Hulk (Brienne)-Likable enough but not really offering a whole lot this season in terms of entertainment value. I find Pod more interesting. Let her die and him live.
Bronn-Gold! He'll die for sure.
Jamie f**king Lannister-I like this guy despite the incest and deep love for the devil herself. I have no idea what will happen to him but i hope he makes it.
Cersei-There's a special place in hell for this one, but she's one smart cookie. She'll live-for now.
Margery-The first sign of a real fight with her mother in law and she runs back to Grandma? What's up with that? I like her. She'll probably die.
Frankenmountain-Why won't this guy just die already?!
Tyrion-Everyone loves Tyrion. He's gold everytime he's on the screen. I think they'll stretch it out as long as possible but he'll probably d-forget it, i can't write that.
Littlefinger-He's a great character and one that i neither love or hate, just respect. I just can't see him making it till the end as he has no real lineage. Dig another grave.

Thought, comments and criticism welcomed. I, for one, am happy with the pace this year. It's building to something and the characters are being fleshed out. However, i am worried that the pace they are on now won't match up well if the show ends after year 7. Seems like a lot might be rushed at some point.
post #6517 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Compared to the source material the show IS rushed the pacing IMO has been very good and just right for the 10 episode limit they have. There is only so much story one can tell in 10 hours and they pack A LOT of sense material in there. They know their "end point" as Martin has told them where it will end. So while everything may not be the same it "should" end in about the same place. Once they have the end it's just plotting what happens from here until there.

As far as who does and who lives you are saying everyone dies basically unless they don't no use in even speculating on that IMO just enjoy the characters for what and who they are. Part of the joy of GoT is the unknown and now most people will be in the same place (even those reding the books). We may see some of the Internet set on fire for what will be done this season and I look forward to the ride.

Sent from nowhere
post #6518 of 6523 Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Compared to the source material the show IS rushed the pacing IMO has been very good and just right for the 10 episode limit they have. There is only so much story one can tell in 10 hours and they pack A LOT of sense material in there. They know their "end point" as Martin has told them where it will end. So while everything may not be the same it "should" end in about the same place. Once they have the end it's just plotting what happens from here until there.

As far as who does and who lives you are saying everyone dies basically unless they don't no use in even speculating on that IMO just enjoy the characters for what and who they are. Part of the joy of GoT is the unknown and now most people will be in the same place (even those reding the books). We may see some of the Internet set on fire for what will be done this season and I look forward to the ride.

Sent from nowhere
Same here - the show is doing a wonderful job - no need to judge it against the test
post #6519 of 6523 Old Today, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 61
There is one area of coincidences in the Jon Snow saga is red hair.

Ygritte is the women Jon loves, even died. She was Kissed by Fire is what they said of her.
Melisandre is what, a fire Priestess and she to is more then Kissed by Fire.
Then there is Sansa, her hair is a darker red then the other 2 only now its darker by a bunch to keep her hidden on the road or the Vale.
She is home in Wenterfell, and no need to hide, as the Boltons said the Lannister's have never sent an army this far north.
I wonder what if any coincidences the Red Hair has. Sansa red is not as hot as Melisandre hair and it is not as hot as Ygrittes Red.
I think sometime this season Jon Snow will know something.
But then again I like red hair.
post #6520 of 6523 Unread Today, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Shireen is such a sweetheart - I loved the dialog between her and Stannis.

Of course, now that we care for her that much more, this probably means she'll die a gruesome death.
post #6521 of 6523 Unread Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Perhaps Melisandre will bleed her dry for the war effort. She certainly is on the prowl for some royal blood it seems.
post #6522 of 6523 Unread Today, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
Perhaps Melisandre will bleed her dry for the war effort. She certainly is on the prowl for some royal blood it seems.

Men only however....they are on her list to ensure Stanis gets the throne.

Sent from nowhere
post #6523 of 6523 Unread Today, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 153
I am becoming increasingly convinced that Jon Snow is a in fact the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark . I just can not imagine Ned having a bastard child.lol

James Reid:D
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page