'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 226 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #6751 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
Oh come on. If that's not a coerced marriage I don't know what is. What exaclty do you think would have happened had she said no?
.. since I've pretty well laid out my debate points previously, why not take the time to read them all instead of quoting an isolated post .. ??

Not too many pages back, we were debating Sansa as Pawn / Sansa Making her Own Choices / Sansa Being Manipulated / etc .. now, she's squarely "In The Game" ..

I get the sudden Sansa Love .. what I don't get is the seeming outrage over an act all knew would happen, including Sansa .. it's Ramsay, fer cryin' out loud .. did everyone think he would be "Mr Nice Guy" all of a sudden .. ?? This guy will flay you and then have a nice lunch ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6752 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2551 Post(s)
Liked: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yes, I know why Craster gave them up .. I just don't know why the Walkers wanted them ..

Ahhhh ok, I do t know and it hasn't been reveled yet. The last we saw was one of the WW Turing the babies eyes blue. I would guess they end up being WW (the generals so to speak) of the undead army).

Sent from nowhere
post #6753 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Was it rape? I think going by Theon's face, it was, even by Westeros standard.
And Sansa cried and screamed in pain and horror.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #6754 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 122
This is getting out of hand with the "rape" discussion. Sansa knew what she was in for when she arrived. The whole "are you a virgin" question was irrelevant anyway as we all knew what was going to happen. Have you forgotten he cut off Theon's DICK!!! This isn't 2015 where you can debate everything and come to an agreement thru mediation. Some of you guys are out there. About the statement of "He wasn't gentle" no kidding really? Oh and can someone answer, when has he ever been gentle? Please wake up, this is GOT! Dr Phil is on the other channel.

Last edited by Sharp1080; 05-20-2015 at 03:35 PM.
post #6755 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yes, I know why Craster gave them up .. I just don't know why the Walkers wanted them ..

don't the White Walkers turn the babies into Walkers?...I always thought they were showing us how Walkers were created with that scene...the adults are all turned into zombies who join their army of the undead
post #6756 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I think they felt the original was too young, they wanted someone older since they are supposed to marry her soon. I'm not quite sure even HBO is ready for child marriages in its TV shows.
She seemed old enough to me -> http://img003.lazygirls.info/people/...lyFr.sized.jpg

Also I googled and found out, that the new actress is two years younger(!) than Aimee Richardson.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.

Last edited by Turrican4D; 05-19-2015 at 08:16 PM.
post #6757 of 7783 Old 05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
She seemed old enough to me -> http://img003.lazygirls.info/people/...lyFr.sized.jpg

Also I googled and found out, that the new actress is two years younger(!) than Aimee Richardson.

Always interesting to see where the pics come from .....I could have sworn I saw something regarding age, but that was awhile ago, this is the 2nd recasting of her no? I don't mind the new one and since the old actress was rarely seen it made an easier transition. The old actress did have a good social media campaign going when the news broke.

Sent from nowhere
post #6758 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
Oh come on. If that's not a coerced marriage I don't know what is. What exaclty do you think would have happened had she said no?
There was quite a pregnant pause during the ceremony while waiting for Sansa's response. Suspenseful. I was hoping a knife would have been plunged into Ramsay. Perhaps it will all be a terrible nightmare and Sansa will awaken.
post #6759 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Well Dany had a brutal wedding night and came out more or less unscathed.

So once Ramsey dies, maybe Sansa will get over the trauma.

One thing GoT seems to do is really set up these villains so that the viewers really anticipate the comeuppance of these villains. They started out right away with the Lannisters, have been cultivating Ramsey for awhile and now Roose Bolton and Littlefinger.

I can see the end of the series becoming this hugely satisfying, cathartic orgy of blood as all the baddies get theirs -- Cersei, the Boltons, the Red Priestess, etc.
post #6760 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 728
My hope is that Sansa is being tempered by her experiences.

She did suffer a brutal wedding night - have to agree that Khal Drogo was more indifferent to the Khaleesi's feelings than cruel. Once she showed him the possibility of love, he changed.

I don't see a similar epiphany from Ramsey.

My take on this is maybe colored by my inexplicable growing faith in Sansa. She is willingly facing her circumstances and slowly getting up off the victim mire.

She knew at the least that she would have an extremely unpleasant wedding night. Ramsey took it into psychopath alley by ripping her clothes off and having Theon watch (it was Theon, not Reek watching).

You could see the horror of it from Theon's reaction. In my mind, that made it much more brutal for me. Ramsey's painful death can't come quickly enough.

But I want it to come from a cold, powerful queen of the north. Theon doing it may happen, but I want an ice cold Sansa looking Ramsey in the face as his light dies.

What I'd love to see. Let's see how it goes.
adpayne and Phil17108 like this.
post #6761 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
It felt like a leap for me to that Sansa went along with Littlefinger's plan to join and marry Ramsey. Perhaps she did it because she is still very weak and had really nowhere else to go (defeatist attitude). She's ever been the revenge type, maybe she is changing, but at what cost to her.
Not blaming the victim but the end of the episode is exactly what you had in mind (and really less deviant) for Sansa when she joined the Bolton's.

Even if there is some greater revenge plot at play (which would not fit Sansa's character), I don't see any way that the ends justify the means. She had to know what she was getting herself into and the worse is likely to come. That they murdered your mom/bro should be enough but add on putting up with the physical needs of Ramsey. Not sure what she was expecting.

She simply agreed to Littlefinger because she is weak and feeble and apparently could think of no other options.
post #6762 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Starks are victims.

Arya seems like the one working on taking charge but she's going through a lot.

Jon has some power now and had the opportunity to get some revenge but so far is choosing to honor his duty.

Presumably this is all a set up for the grand payback.
post #6763 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 143
I would imagine that Brienne still has something say in terms of determining Sansa's fate... I mean, all this traveling to track down the Stark girls with no payoff so far - it can't be all for naught. Brienne and Podrick has been my 2nd favourite GoT pairing, behind only Arya and the Hound (I'm more interested in their partnership and story arc than Tyrion/Jorah or Jaime/Bronn).

And unless Daenerys gets a lift from one of her dragons across the Narrow Sea, I don't think she will arrive in Westeros in time to directly influence what happens to Sansa.
post #6764 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I can see the end of the series becoming this hugely satisfying, cathartic orgy of blood as all the baddies get theirs -- Cersei, the Boltons, the Red Priestess, etc.
For me there can be only one satisfying ending to this series. As the episodes go on, one by one the contenders for the throne fall. Finally in the series finale, in the throne room the last three contenders face off. After the battle, the victor climbs the steps and rests comfortably into the throne. He then looks down up on the headless bodies of his departed rivals and then look straight into the camera and says his name. "Hodor!".

The throne room then fills in with a crowd chanting "Hodor, Hodor, Hodor......". The camera pans out as the Crown is laid upon his head.

The End
holt7153 likes this.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.

Last edited by CycloneGT; 05-20-2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: And No, I did not read the books, so this isn't a spoiler.
post #6765 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
For me there can be only one satisfying ending to this series. As the episodes go on, one by one the contenders for the throne fall. Finally in the series finale, in the throne room the last three contenders face off. After the battle, the victor climbs the steps and rests comfortably into the throne. He then looks down up on the headless bodies of his departed rivals and then look straight into the camera and says his name. "Hodor!".

The throne room then fills in with a crowd chanting "Hodor, Hodor, Hodor......". The camera pans out as the Crown is laid upon his head.

The End
Hilarious.
post #6766 of 7783 Old 05-20-2015, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
My hope is that Sansa is being tempered by her experiences.

She did suffer a brutal wedding night - have to agree that Khal Drogo was more indifferent to the Khaleesi's feelings than cruel. Once she showed him the possibility of love, he changed.

I don't see a similar epiphany from Ramsey.

My take on this is maybe colored by my inexplicable growing faith in Sansa. She is willingly facing her circumstances and slowly getting up off the victim mire.

She knew at the least that she would have an extremely unpleasant wedding night. Ramsey took it into psychopath alley by ripping her clothes off and having Theon watch (it was Theon, not Reek watching).

You could see the horror of it from Theon's reaction. In my mind, that made it much more brutal for me. Ramsey's painful death can't come quickly enough.

But I want it to come from a cold, powerful queen of the north. Theon doing it may happen, but I want an ice cold Sansa looking Ramsey in the face as his light dies.

What I'd love to see. Let's see how it goes.
That is just what I would like. Plus kill him his way, and burn the skin before he dies so he can smell and see it.
That may be a good job for Theon.
Theon grew up with Sansa and I am sure would have a family type felling for a sister. Yet I do not see him stepping up. Sansa's power will come from the other Lords of the North. I think the hint came from a note Stannis got from Maege Mormont the sister of Jeor Mormont the old Bear from Bear Island and the Nights Watch, true born northers. I don't think he showed it to Jon Snow, there is only 1 King in the North and the name is Stark.
With Brienne setting out there watching for the light in the tower window, along with the people of Winterfell and the North just waiting to raise up, I can see Sansa becoming just what you want to see, Lady Ice. We were told by no less than Roose himself that the Boltons did not have the host to withstand them, not to mention that Stannis is bering down on Winterfell. Given the family ties between the Starks and the Baratheon's we may get that Ice Princes before the seasons over.
post #6767 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post

The End
What would be really cool is if he said "Walder" - thats his real name - they mention that in a bluray extra & also that his great grandmother is "old nan" who was the old lady telling bran the white walker story in ep 1.02.

post #6768 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I watched one of the season 5 trailers again. Lots of interesting little things coming in the next few weeks i think. I get the feeling something very interesting is going to happen at Winterfell.
post #6769 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post
I watched one of the season 5 trailers again. Lots of interesting little things coming in the next few weeks i think. I get the feeling something very interesting is going to happen at Winterfell.
Please don't let Sansa get pregnant
post #6770 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have some lingering questions about the area North of the Wall. How did the young Ranger from the very first episode of Season 1 get across the Wall (without going through Castle Black) so that he could be captured and beheaded by Lord Stark? Why do the Wildlings need Stannis' boats? Can you sail around the Wall?
post #6771 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
I have some lingering questions about the area North of the Wall. How did the young Ranger from the very first episode of Season 1 get across the Wall (without going through Castle Black) so that he could be captured and beheaded by Lord Stark? Why do the Wildlings need Stannis' boats? Can you sail around the Wall?
I'm gonna say that he climbed it at some point. And yes, they can sail around the wall. When Stannis showed up with all of his horses, he was north of the wall.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #6772 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 02:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

As said before he could climb the wall, or he could have used one of the empty castles etc. also he could have gone through castle black, the brothers come and go often.

You can come from the east Bay Area to get "around" the wall. Take a look at the map HBO has and it will give you a good idea.

Sent from nowhere
post #6773 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 42
where is Bran Stark and his crew?
post #6774 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booga24 View Post
where is Bran Stark and his crew?

They have the season off..

Sent from nowhere
post #6775 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
They have the season off..

Sent from nowhere

I bet.
post #6776 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 04:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booga24 View Post
I bet.

? This has been known since before Season 5 began. They have the season off and will most likely return next season.

Sent from nowhere
post #6777 of 7783 Old 05-21-2015, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post
Please don't let Sansa get pregnant
If you consider her getting pregnant an awful outcome, then it's almost a sure thing for this series That was my immediate thought when others talked about him getting killed by Theon.
post #6778 of 7783 Old 05-22-2015, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Starks are victims

Presumably this is all a set up for the grand payback.
Yes I thought so to after episode 9 season 1.

Then episode 9 season 3...
post #6779 of 7783 Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I'm really looking forward to Stannis and his army attacking Winterfell...I have no idea what's going to happen but someone important has to die right?...Stannis can't lose another major battle after King's Landing...but if he wins then no more Boltons (unless they somehow escape)...and how will Brienne play into all this?...seems like this seasons main characters are Jon Snow, Cersei and Stannis...the Dany Mereen story is fine but also tedious...I understand why she can't attack King's Landing but I wish they would have her move on to another city...if she attacks King's Landing and loses then it'll invalidate her entire character arc and make her and her dragons look weak...if she wins then how much more story is there to tell?...so George RR Martin needs to save that for the final book

my opinion has always been that Dany will inherit the Targaryen curse and go mad like her father...therefore the real end game of the book will be defeating her and her army of Unsullied + dragons...the White Walker threat will be dealt with before the end
post #6780 of 7783 Old 05-24-2015, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I'm really looking forward to Stannis and his army attacking Winterfell...I have no idea what's going to happen but someone important has to die right?...Stannis can't lose another major battle after King's Landing...but if he wins then no more Boltons (unless they somehow escape)
Stannis would still need someone to rule the north. And he wants a Stark. Ramsay just so happens to have a Stark in his possession. So with his father gone Ramsay could become an allied with Stannis.

But since this is game of thrones it could very well end up with Reek killing Stannis...
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page