'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 232 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6931 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 12:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
The way I understand it, Valyrian steel was tempered with Dragon fire and that is why it is able to kill the White Walkers.
This is also how I understood Valyrian steel was forged. Dragon fire seems to be the key element in the creation of weapons that are able to defeat Walkers. So I'm thinking Daenerys must eventually have a big role to play in this war. Assuming she can get her babies back in line.
Wytchone and jazzycat like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 02:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Funny how no one mentioned Arya's storyline, and for a good reason I guess. It was rather tedious and boring before, now it's just annoying. I'm guessing it's going somewhere eventually, but it is a pain to watch it. Well it is till I FF it. The rest was very good indeed, mostly because all other stories had advanced. I loved the last shot with it's "deafening quietness" as the camera pulled back.
jamieva likes this.

sent via Morse code...........

The Hun
post #6933 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Loved last night's episode! The 'Lich King' standing on the dock raising his minions was just an "oh crap" moment. Only two episodes left!

Life is like a roller coaster. I'd rather ride in front with my skirt in my face than in the back with none of my hairs out of place. Crap I say
post #6934 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 05:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1917 Post(s)
Liked: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Funny how no one mentioned Arya's storyline, and for a good reason I guess. It was rather tedious and boring before, now it's just annoying. I'm guessing it's going somewhere eventually, but it is a pain to watch it. Well it is till I FF it. The rest was very good indeed, mostly because all other stories had advanced. I loved the last shot with it's "deafening quietness" as the camera pulled back.

Far from annoyed with Arya's storyline. Actually I'm looking forward to see where it goes. Since she was really just training (even if it's outside now) there wasn't much movement. Her line had the least movement and is going to get overshadowed by the other things that happened in the episode.

Sent from nowhere
bidger, gwsat and Turrican4D like this.
post #6935 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
Loved last night's episode! The 'Lich King' standing on the dock raising his minions was just an "oh crap" moment. Only two episodes left!
So they can't kill the "dead". I guess you have to kill the 'Lich King' to prevent the "dead" from coming back.
post #6936 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post
So they can't kill the "dead". I guess you have to kill the 'Lich King' to prevent the "dead" from coming back.
I don't think so. I think the ones he raised were all the "newly dead".
Ph8te, Turrican4D and jazzycat like this.
post #6937 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I'm not sure what Ramsay meant when he said all he needed was 20 men to take care of Stannis and his army...are we not going to get the major Winterfell battle that has been teased all season?
I'm guessing that Ramsay will do something sneaky like he did when sent Theon to break up that seige. My guess with deep snow and Stannis coming from the North would be a Ramsay trigged Avalanche to wipe out his Army. Ever since Stannis turned down the Red Witch's request to sacrifice his daughter, I have pretty much known that Stannis is doomed. The Red Witch might be crazy, but her Magic works every time.

oh, and on a un-related note. Since Erik the Red smashed in the head of the "King of Bones", did the King of Bones rise up at the end? Will he get a rematch?

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #6938 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
I'm guessing that Ramsay will do something sneaky like he did when sent Theon to break up that seige. My guess with deep snow and Stannis coming from the North would be a Ramsay trigged Avalanche to wipe out his Army. Ever since Stannis turned down the Red Witch's request to sacrifice his daughter, I have pretty much known that Stannis is doomed. The Red Witch might be crazy, but her Magic works every time.

oh, and on a un-related note. Since Erik the Red smashed in the head of the "King of Bones", did the King of Bones rise up at the end? Will he get a rematch?
I'm getting a bad feeling for Stannis as well. I keep thinking that Melisandre has mis-read her prophecy, and they are rushing to doom.
post #6939 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Loved the battle, we now know 2 things can kill WW. That was on a scale I haven't seen on TV ever. Also, this was in contrast to the movement we saw before. It looks like they went from TWD to world war z very quickly.

The scenes with Cersi were amazing. We have seen someone broken down, yet still fighting with every breath in her body. I thought it a few times and was surprised no one (even in podcasts) mentioned that quick line last week where she said "I'm the queen".

Sansa finally finding out why he told. It was a sick way to do it, but was the "only" way. Reek still remembers who he was even though there may be no part of him left.

The chat between Tyrion and Dany what can I say but magnificent. PD shines almost anytime he has a monologue on this show. He came just at the right time when Danny has lost all of her main advisors.

Epic episode from beginning to end...

Sent from nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
I noticed that Cersei line when she said it. It was a slip and would certainly provide more proof and ammo for the the High sparrows case against her.

When that "Lich King" was standing at the dock staring at Jon, i was really hoping Jon would have looked back and held up his sword in front of his face. Would have been a cool cut scene instead of him turning away. I'm interested to see what Sansa does with the new info she received. Can she play the game? Can she leverage this info to ambush the Boltons? I know i'm in the minority here, but every time i hear Dany talk about ruling she comes across as ignorant and arrogant. I absolutely love how there is no one, and no conversation that Tyrion has, where he fails to take small jabs during the conversation. It's hilarious.
Nayan likes this.
post #6940 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post
I noticed that Cersei line when she said it. It was a slip and would certainly provide more proof and ammo for the the High sparrows case against her.

When that "Lich King" was standing at the dock staring at Jon, i was really hoping Jon would have looked back and held up his sword in front of his face. Would have been a cool cut scene instead of him turning away. I'm interested to see what Sansa does with the new info she received. Can she play the game? Can she leverage this info to ambush the Boltons? I know i'm in the minority here, but every time i hear Dany talk about ruling she comes across as ignorant and arrogant. I absolutely love how there is no one, and no conversation that Tyrion has, where he fails to take small jabs during the conversation. It's hilarious.

Not really ammo, it goes more towards her "reality" she has never stopped being queen in her mind. If we look at all of her actions they all are of some perceived power. She is trying to rule without having the official title.

For Danny that's how she is supposed to sound most of the time. Her "arrogance" was instilled a a season or two ago when she was told she needs to act more like a queen and less like a savior. We saw a big change in her tone and demeanor once that "clicked". The ignorance is from her inexperience as she is still very young and making decisions as they come. We still see peaks of old Danny with certain people, but for the most part she is suing her part when in public.

I think by raising his sword it would have cheapened the moment. Not to mention they were NOT victorious at all. They just got handled and were in retreat. The Lich King saw what Jon did with his sword so he knows he's the leader. This was very much a "until we meet again" scene.

Sent from nowhere
post #6941 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
I don't think so. I think the ones he raised were all the "newly dead".

Agreed, The ones he raised where the Nights Watch and Free Folk who just died in battle.

Sent from nowhere
post #6942 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I thought the ship questions were answered previously. It was stated that you could sail around the Wall into Westeros. The Wildlings get on Stannis' ships and go where.....North of the Wall at Castle Black???
post #6943 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I am at a loss for words. I am on my 3rd viewing of this weeks episode. About all I can ask is was the a smile or a smirk on Arya's face on her way out.
As for the rest form Cersei to Jon, wow.
post #6944 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
I thought the ship questions were answered previously. It was stated that you could sail around the Wall into Westeros. The Wildlings get on Stannis' ships and go where.....North of the Wall at Castle Black???

They were, as it's been said a few times in the show (and again last night) Jon is bringing them to "The Gift". This is land that the Nights Watch "owns" but is sparsely lived in. It is south of the wall. If you take a look at the Map you'll see the cove whereabouts they were last night. You can't sail from castle black as it is landlocked. They need to travel east, when they get back they can just go directly to The Gift without going through The Wall. They did have a few options (having some go through The Wall was one of them), but now that route is no longer available.

Sent from nowhere
post #6945 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone notice the reference to "frankenmountain" in that scene with Cersei and the mad scientist? I'm wondering if Frankenmountain has a part to play with Cersei's release/escape? That and the inevitable gruesome death of that Septa!
CycloneGT likes this.
post #6946 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Loved last nights episode after getting truly annoyed at the pace after five seasons and everyone on the road to somewhere but nothing happening until we finally shockingly discovered the REAL REASON for THE WALL! Holy Crap! Walking Dead that are way more badass than AMC's. WoW!

Me Thinks we see the importance of the Dragons now. I think they saved most of the budget for the final 3 episodes as the final 20 minutes last night was GREAT!

These new guys look UNSTOPPABLE!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #6947 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I had a thought going through my mind. Hey, why not use Dragonglass arrows? That would have been a scene in my demented mind. Jon picks up a bow loads the arrow while the Lich King is looking, fires the arrow, King blows up! I'm still trying to accept the fantasy of the deadwalkers of being "fire proof". Nothing is "fireproof".
post #6948 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
I am at a loss for words. I am on my 3rd viewing of this weeks episode. About all I can ask is was the a smile or a smirk on Arya's face on her way out.
Perhaps a bit of both? To my eyes, it was a sly smile.
post #6949 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
I had a thought going through my mind. Hey, why not use Dragonglass arrows? That would have been a scene in my demented mind. Jon picks up a bow loads the arrow while the Lich King is looking, fires the arrow, King blows up! I'm still trying to accept the fantasy of the deadwalkers of being "fire proof". Nothing is "fireproof".

Well the "Kings" are "more fireproof" than the walkers. The walkers are vulnerable I think. The Kings however are more powerful and can extinguish fire with their presence. We may see something special if Dragons get involved.

I was thinking the same thing about the arrows, he didnt have any made however and never was able to get the stash in the hut. That's why he resorted to his sword. If they had arrows made it would have made sense to use them, but who knows what would happen if they can see the attack coming. The only reason Sam was able to kill the walker was by "surprise".

Sent from nowhere
post #6950 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Either way, it was a chilling little bit.
post #6951 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Very good episode. Too bad only 2 eps left this season. Can't see anything being resolved this year. Much like season 1.
post #6952 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
About all I can ask is was the a smile or a smirk on Arya's face on her way out.
Yeah, I saw that too. I'm guessing that she has been assigned her first Assassin Hit and that makes her smile. She is on her way. Oh my how our little girl has grown up.
gwsat, Ph8te, jamieva and 1 others like this.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #6953 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
I'm having a little trouble with Tyrion's character here. He went from being nihilistically drunk to earnestly seeking to be the Queens hand. I can see the eventual transition, but would have liked a little more development.
post #6954 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post
Anyone notice the reference to "frankenmountain" in that scene with Cersei and the mad scientist? I'm wondering if Frankenmountain has a part to play with Cersei's release/escape? That and the inevitable gruesome death of that Septa!
haha. Good call. I did notice the reference to the mountain.

post #6955 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I'm having a little trouble with Tyrion's character here. He went from being nihilistically drunk to earnestly seeking to be the Queens hand. I can see the eventual transition, but would have liked a little more development.

Did you miss the season when he was the hand me how much he resented being removed from the position? For me, there has been a ton of development over multiple seasons. Being drunk helped drown away the pain, once he is focused on something usually he doesn't drink "as much".

Sent from nowhere
post #6956 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 701
This week's episode was by far the best of the season and arguably the best of the entire series. The Blackwater episode and the one featuring the battle at the wall are the only others I can think of that are in its class.

The dialog between Tyrion and Daenerys alone would have been worth the price of admission, as would Arya's budding plot to kill the "gambler." But after that we had the sensational, albeit one sided fight the Night's Watch and the Wildlings had with the Game of Thrones version of the walking dead.

Andy Greenwald's piece on the Grantland site was as enthusiastic about this episode as I am. Read it, you'll be glad you did.

It looks like the drought may be over, boys and girls.
Ph8te, jamieva and Nayan like this.
post #6957 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I don't know, I didn't like the appearance of the WW in the very first episode.

It had been a very grounded in reality, emotionally rich episode until that point.

Now it appears the show is going to turn into a zombie movie.
post #6958 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Did you miss the season when he was the hand me how much he resented being removed from the position? For me, there has been a ton of development over multiple seasons. Being drunk helped drown away the pain, once he is focused on something usually he doesn't drink "as much".

Sent from nowhere

Yeah that's it. I missed that season. Obviously I'm talking about the dev time between his drunken carriage ride and now. We could have seen a little more soul searching before he enthusiastically goes all in, that's all. I could go for an all Tyrion episode or two to be honest.
Ph8te likes this.
post #6959 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I don't know, I didn't like the appearance of the WW in the very first episode.

It had been a very grounded in reality, emotionally rich episode until that point.

Now it appears the show is going to turn into a zombie movie.
It was always a zombie movie. More like an intelligent lethal species, instead of an unintelligent scourge.

Part of the story for me has always been how much importance the kings in the game gave themselves and how little to the wall as the storm gathered.

Now they're still playing musical chairs on the deck of the Titanic without noticing the iceberg that just hit.

The Red woman was right, the real fight is north. Stannis is the only king that has even noticed.
post #6960 of 7015 Unread Yesterday, 10:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I could go for an all Tyrion episode or two to be honest.
Agreed. Peter Dinklage's portrayals of Tyrion elevate every scene he is in.
Ph8te likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com