'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 247 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7381 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
I don't think any of the "Possibly Dead" are dead. Definitely not Ellaria - we saw her take the antidote.
Ok... mostly dead, resting or pining for the fjords.

Ellaria can't die... a really good looking brunette bad girl? They can't kill her off yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post
The queen...The actress has been naked plenty of times--dead giveaway that wasn't her body--but I still don't understand how some are hired with no nudity clauses in their contracts, when the show is known for nudity...it's just weird.
I'm confused as well. She's nude in almost every movie she has done, then balks at it in GOT? (Although that is a pretty intense scene.)

Alexandra Daddario did the opposite in True Detective, as she had never done a nude scene before that.

Back to the show, with the Red Witch at Castle Black, I still think JS may survive.
post #7383 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
The only problem I had with the scene was did it really need to take up that much of the season finale, it was approx 13+ minutes from the time they started in her cell until the end of the walk. I'm beginning to wonder why I watch this show, they seem hell bent on getting rid of every character with any redeeming qualities. 3, 4, 5 years invested in characters so they can just kill them off in the blink of an eye.
Kind of like, I don't know......LIFE!
Ph8te likes this.
post #7384 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
Back to the show, with the Red Witch at Castle Black, I still think JS may survive.
Yeah, but she needs the power of "Kings Blood". Where is she going to get any more kings blood?

Sam is on the road with Gilly. Am I the only one that thinks that them being 'on the road' is a dangerous place?

Ayra's scene was exactly as it should have been. Well except that she gets busted and punished at the end.

The Walk of Atonement was great. Cersei has earned every step. Now Frankenstein can be unleashed.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.

Last edited by CycloneGT; 06-15-2015 at 07:04 AM.
post #7385 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked: 1513
Quote:
Definitely not Ellaria - we saw her take the antidote.
I was thinking it could possibly be a fast-acting poison (we don't know what the lip stuff will do).
She knows very well what the King will do to her and her girls when he finds out.
post #7386 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
Yeah, but she needs the power of "Kings Blood". Where is she going to get any more kings blood?

Sam is on the road with Gilly. Am I the only one that thinks that them being 'on the road' is a dangerous place?

Ayra's scene was exactly as it should have been. Well except that she gets busted and punished at the end.

The Walk of Atonement was great. Cersei has earned every step. Now Frankenstein can be unleashed.
If you remember the end of the 4 season the Red priestest got a good look at Jon Snow through the fire that was burning the bodies of the dead Night's Watch after the battle at the wall. She sure got an interesting look on her face. The Red priest have in other parts of the first 4 seasons brought back others, and once in front of Arya, no kings blood needed. The Road is never safe. The Walk was every bit as nasty for Cersei as it should have been. I would not want to be in Kings Landing with a brand on the forehead.
cardoski likes this.
post #7387 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked: 1249
Kind of crazy of the head priest to let Cersei go home. He's got to know that, A. - There's no way in hell she'll ever go back for her trial, and B. - She will more than likely get the army and the King's guard to go in and put his head on a pike. I wouldn't want to be within a hundred miles of that chicks vengeance.
post #7388 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Good finale. The lure of this show, as a "never books reader", is that they will whack out anyone. I was totally shocked in season 1 when they bumped off Ned Stark and more shocked when the Starks got it at the "wedding scene". The Jon Snow death was unexpected and a very good scene. Olly did him dirty. But I can't see him staying dead with the red woman at castle black. Stannis finally got it. He was a bore. Good riddance.

Many people online love happy endings and get upset when characters they "invested in" for years die. But if you are "invested" in the show itself you should know by now, not to get attached to any characters and to always expect the most opposite of happy endings. This ain't CSI

Was that the Dothraki that came up on Dany while her dragon was crashed out?

Looks like Cersei had a boob job since her nude scenes in 300. Her revenge plot should be interesting.
Ph8te, hunter65, jamieva and 3 others like this.
post #7389 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I loved the entire Cersei scenes and the walk was great TV and I didn't think it was too long.
thehun and Nuspieds like this.
post #7390 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Good finale. The lure of this show, as a "never books reader", is that they will whack out anyone. I was totally shocked in season 1 when they bumped off Ned Stark and more shocked when the Starks got it at the "wedding scene". The Jon Snow death was unexpected and a very good scene. Olly did him dirty. But I can't see him staying dead with the red woman at castle black. Stannis finally got it. He was a bore. Good riddance.

Many people online love happy endings and get upset when characters they "invested in" for years die. But if you are "invested" in the show itself you should know by now, not to get attached to any characters and to always expect the most opposite of happy endings. This ain't CSI

Looks like Cersei had a boob job since her nude scenes in 300. Her revenge plot should be interesting.
Yes it was Dothraki and I don't think that was her body.
post #7391 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

She doesn't need kings blood for the resurrection. I think its a prayer thing.
Personally, i don't believe this is the end for Jon. I think he will be resurrected-but how does that play out with his character? Does he/can he remain Lord Commander? Will he reunite with Sansa? BTW, where the hell are Sansa and Reek going? I would imagine Castle Black to be the only logical destination.
I'm not sure Sam's travel or subsequent training will play much air time next season. More likely his return and becoming maester.
Not sure what to make of the Arya story line. It is still obvious she is Arya Stark and doesn't really want to change-She wants the power being offered without the sacrifice. As a viewer, i don't want her changing to no-one-i want her to remain the character i'm invested in.
F*ck Stannis-good riddance
Cersei will have Frankenmountain crush a few sparrow skulls next season, i don't expect the sparrows to be around KL much more than 3 episodes.
If you're Jaimie, do you carry on the ? long boat trip back to KL or turn around quickly (you're 5 min from shore!) to address the situation! I know they need to wrap things up but the boat was practically within spitting distance! I'd turn around and have that bi*ch beheaded.
I realize Dany is a major character and will play prominently until the end, however, i just don't care (unless, of course, she's naked!). I thought the scenes with her and Tyrion were great and now it appears they were very short lived. I'm guessing she will again lead a dothraki army-she'll still need to persuade them to get on a ship. Maybe the dragons will just carry them over!
Nice to see Varys back
I would have liked to see a little more in regards to littlefinger, queen Margery and her brother. All loose ends. But i guess that's for next season.
Regarding all the conspiracy talk regarding characters we actually do not witness die-THEY'RE DEAD! The hound-DEAD, Arya's instructor-DEAD (we even heard him scream!), Stannis-DEAD! Not everything needs to be shown in gruesome detail.
post #7392 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 1104
'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
I was thinking it could possibly be a fast-acting poison (we don't know what the lip stuff will do).
She knows very well what the King will do to her and her girls when he finds out.

She started to bleed (drops on the ground) then took the antidote and walked away. She is alive and well.

As far as Sansa goes, I'm pretty sure they are alive. The angle they shot the jump shows steps below them so technically they wouldn't fall the entire way down. Also remember Bran fell most likely a farther distance and survived although "broken".

Sent from nowhere

Last edited by Ph8te; 06-15-2015 at 08:06 AM.
post #7393 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked: 1513
Quote:

Looks like Cersei had a boob job since her nude scenes in 300.
300 was shot 10 years ago.
I believe she has calved a time or 2 since then.

IF it was her tatas we saw last night, they have changed considerably since 300.
post #7394 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
I'm confused as well. She's nude in almost every movie she has done, then balks at it in GOT? (Although that is a pretty intense scene.)

Alexandra Daddario did the opposite in True Detective, as she had never done a nude scene before that.

Doesn't the Red God still owe Melisandre a life? Since she "saw" the Bolton's banners burning, and misinterpreted as she is want to do, then JS could very well be that life--and be the one to go on to defeat the Boltons. Maybe.

HJ
...esse quam videri

Last edited by HJonez; 06-15-2015 at 11:34 AM.
post #7395 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The power of kings blood was only needed for her visions it is not needed to raise someone from the dead. We also have little hints that Jon may have kings blood and there is a lot of it in the snow right now

Of course the road is dangerous, but no less dangerous than where he was. He, Gilly and the baby would have most likely been dead along with Jon if he had stayed.

Sent from nowhere
post #7396 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post
I would have liked to see a little more in regards to littlefinger, queen Margery and her brother. All loose ends. But i guess that's for next season.
Regarding all the conspiracy talk regarding characters we actually do not witness die-THEY'RE DEAD! The hound-DEAD, Arya's instructor-DEAD (we even heard him scream!), Stannis-DEAD! Not everything needs to be shown in gruesome detail.
Bolded: actually go back and look at what you can see of the face in the mask (especially the eyes).

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. Crap I say
post #7397 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 44
My two favorite characters are dead (possibly) but the Mountain is back and a zombie by the looks of it! This show crushes me with killing off characters I really invest in but then it gives me zombie moutain!

Denon X4000 | Definitive Technology SM65 (L/R) | Definitive Technology Mythos 10 (C) | HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #7398 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
Bolded: actually go back and look at what you can see of the face in the mask (especially the eyes).
I will. However, considering that the Mountain and the Hound are 2 totally different people with distinct physical characteristics, and that the Mountain has been undergoing some kind of twisted medical experiments and was alive in the workshop i think it is safe to say, the Kings guard behind the mask is indeed the Mountain. I'll eat my humble pie if i'm wrong but i'm not. The Hound is dead as are the others i mentioned.
thehun, Ph8te and adpayne like this.
post #7399 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Doh, you're right it is the Mountain. I had to go look at the credits

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. Crap I say
post #7400 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

Yes I do not see Jon Snow staying dead, I think the Red priestest saw the outcome of the battle just after she heard the sell swords pulled out with all the horses. Last year I believe she saw how Jon Snow is when she got a look at him through the fire burning the dead from the Battle at the Wall.

It sure looked like the Dothraki Dany was being surrounded by. Like Jon Snow does she live or die.

I would not want to be running around KL with a brand on the forehead with that monster on the lose. Cersie may burn Baelor's Sept, did not the old or head Sparrow say that it was all ego, with him in it. I don't know about others but I am a Cersie & Jaime fan and I'll bet he's pissed that his daughter was killed by that Dorne women. Wonder whats next for him. Jaime has not had a lot to do on the show after getting back to KL with a hand gone.

Last but not lest, the season ended with more ????? marks then it started with. I'll be back next year.
hunter65 and Nayan like this.
post #7401 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
Really not happy that they killed Jon Snow. He was the best character on the show. This might be the end of the show for me.

Did not really like the finale overall . WAY to much time spent on the walk of shame.
That scene went on and on. We got the picture after, oh, five minutes. I just felt uncomfortable for the actress/body double.

I think Jon Snow will be witched back to life by Melissandre.

1/ they could've killed her off, but didn't
2/ she could've run away, but went back to the wall, where she has no friend
3/ she needs another royal stooge now that Stannis is finis.

Oh what have we here. And this time, he is in no condition to object.
post #7402 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

As far as The Mountain and Cersi causing havoc, I'm not sure she will go that route. We already know what The Sparrow has said when threatened with violence. They (the common folk) are the many and those In power are the few......he is not scared of dying at all, so she may need to try a new tactic.

Sent from nowhere
post #7403 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I don't think any of the "Possibly Dead" are dead. Definitely not Ellaria - we saw her take the antidote.
Well obviously not HER. That was the plan.

Mos def dead
Arrow girl, Stannis*

* slightly out of a limb on this one

Probably dead
Myrcella

dead with high chance of revival
Jon

Shaken, not dead
Sansa, Theon

Not dead, but wish they were
Arya
adpayne likes this.
post #7404 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
That scene went on and on. We got the picture after, oh, five minutes. I just felt uncomfortable for the actress/body double.

I think Jon Snow will be witched back to life by Melissandre.

1/ they could've killed her off, but didn't
2/ she could've run away, but went back to the wall, where she has no friend
3/ she needs another royal stooge now that Stannis is finis.

Oh what have we here. And this time, he is in no condition to object.

That scene was meant to make you feel uncomfortable. Just look what is happening here. People have been hoping for Cersi's downfall for a long time. Now that she has had the shaming, people are starting to sympathize with her. This scene went on "so long" and all of a sudden we have another shift (as we saw with Stannis and with Jamie).

Sent from nowhere
post #7405 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Well obviously not HER. That was the plan.

Mos def dead
Arrow girl, Stannis*

* slightly out of a limb on this one

Probably dead
Myrcella

dead with high chance of revival
Jon

Shaken, not dead
Sansa, Theon

Not dead, but wish they were
Arya
Harsh...
Ph8te, Nayan and Turrican4D like this.
post #7406 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Melisandre the Turncoat .. leaves Stannis without so much as a goodbye .. shows her true colors, and they are yellow, not red ..

The sellswords that deserted Stannis .. possibly part of the mounted hoard that massacred what was left of Stannis "army" .. the second the cavalry rounded the hill, I knew what was next ..

Jon Snow .. although the return of Melisandre sparks the idea of Snow's revival, she has failed Stannis miserably at this point .. does the "Lord of Light" favor her now at all .. ?? Thoros when reviving Beric Dondarrion I believe, first, had a limited time with which to do so .. second, Melisandre herself was amazed at Thoros ability to revive .. lastly, Thoros claims no magical power, simply asks the Lord of Light for favor .. and on the aftershow, B&W pretty much acted like Jon was, in fact, dead (and yes, I know they would probably act that way even if he was not dead) .. this does not mean we may still see him in flashback .. however, I believe he is dead for all practical purposes ..

Theon and Sansa jump from Winterfell wall .. I took that to mean they, at this point, do not care if they live or die, and had they stayed, flaying or whatever other twisted crap Ramsay could come up with would have been their fate .. so jump .. if we die, that's better than living ..

Dany drops ring, in hope anyone looking for her will find it .. what a long shot is that .. ?? But bet on the ploy working, or at the minimum, Drogon musters up enough strength to do an aerial assault .. ..

Cercei Walk .. ?? The High Sparrow is a very smart man, I cannot help but wonder if this somehow fits in his plan somehow .. Cercei plans revenge .. ?? Of course, and the Mountain Zombie plays his role .. did anyone notice the flesh you could see around his eyes was green .. ?? The infiltration of Kings Landing by the Faith has likely put eyes and ears in the Red Keep ..

It was a good season finale, maybe a little rushed ..
Ph8te, jamieva and Nayan like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 06-15-2015 at 09:13 AM.
post #7407 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked: 1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
As far as The Mountain and Cersi causing havoc, I'm not sure she will go that route. We already know what The Sparrow has said when threatened with violence. They (the common folk) are the many and those In power are the few......he is not scared of dying at all, so she may need to try a new tactic.

Sent from nowhere

She's never once cared about what the unwashed masses thought before. That look in her eyes showed that she hasn't changed at all. IMO she'll get Tommen to throw everything at the Sparrows, although it will probably backfire spectacularly just like every. single. plan. she's ever had.
post #7408 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
That scene was meant to make you feel uncomfortable. Just look what is happening here. People have been hoping for Cersi's downfall for a long time. Now that she has had the shaming, people are starting to sympathize with her. This scene went on "so long" and all of a sudden we have another shift (as we saw with Stannis and with Jamie).

Sent from nowhere
I felt uncomfortable for the /actress/ That is outside the show, beside story or character or"artistic intent".

Steven Soderbergh said he's uncomfortable asking people to do nude scenes because the second somebody takes off their clothes in a movie it becomes a documentary. Look at all the comments in this thread about whether it was really Lena Headey, if she had a boob job, etc etc. And people wonder why actresses have no nudity clause in their contact.

That does not mean you can't have nudity in movies. Soderbergh made Magic Mike after all. I assumed there was plenty of nudity in that movie. It depends on the show, the scene, the context. Problem with GoT is it uses gratuitous nudity way too often and so as far as I'm concerned it forfeits the right to do a scene like this in this way.

Roger Ebert hated Blue Velvet for many reasons, one of which was the way Isabella Rossellini was used in a scene where she was nude and vulnerable in public. But that scene lasted a fraction of the Cersei scene and there weren't 500 people "watching." And Ebert was no prude; he loved Russ Meyer and wrote beyond the valley of the dolls.

I get tired of hearing the "oh but you are supposed to feel uncomfortable / offended / disgusted" canard. A lot of times it's just bullsh#t excuse for directorial excess, or worse, indulgence and rubbing it in the audience's face. Also, "it happens in the book" (I don't know if it does or not) is not a justification. Does the book describe the size and shape of her breasts or whether her pubes were shaved? I'm guessing no. I'm guessing it dwells on her state of mind, something we could've gleaned without repeated full frontal shots.

Last edited by barth2k; 06-15-2015 at 10:02 AM.
post #7409 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Btw did Dany leave the Dothraki on good terms? I've forgotten how it all went down.
post #7410 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Am I the only one that thinks the big masked dude with Cersi is hound? Seemed pretty obvious to me we never did see him die.

Mark-
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page