'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 250 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7471 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Highly doubt we ever see what's under there. I would imagine whatever that armor is covering up is a complete disaster.
In the last shot of him holding Cersei you could see some of the skin surrounding his eyes. It was sort of an ashen gray and definitely did not look healthy.
Ph8te and Nayan like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7472 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Please leave your clothes on.
I was going to use a body-double .

in case folks forgot, I am a female
adpayne likes this.

Life is like a roller coaster. I'd rather ride in front with my skirt in my face than in the back with none of my hairs out of place. Crap I say
post #7473 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2072 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
Will there be a sixth season for Game of Thrones or episode 10 from season 5?

I am lost...episode 10 just aired on Sunday. There WILL be a season 6 and the 7th season is slated to be the last.

Sent from nowhere
Nayan likes this.
post #7474 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
If you're that uncomfortable with a show that's never hesitated to show nudity (there's nothing gratuitous about it since it was in the book), I suggest you shouldn't watch it. I suspect that you will, though. BTW, you're wrong about the book not describing body parts. It describes Tyrion's manhood in detail, for example.
The show doesn't have nearly enough nudity for my taste. Please let us see Jaqen H'ghar nude next season. Please. Please.

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #7475 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJonez View Post
The show doesn't have nearly enough nudity for my taste. Please let us see Jaqen H'ghar nude next season. Please. Please.
Geez, you want the guy to have a conniption?
HJonez likes this.
post #7476 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
Another thing, pretty sure Danny just got herself one huge kick ass army.
The Khalasar didn't leave on good terms with Dany in Season 1. Jorah had to defend her as she "killed" their Khal (Drogo) with the black magic lady. Then they all rode off. The odds of her getting gang raped are just as good, if not better, than her actually leading the Dothraki to join her cause.

Gear: Visio 70" M701d-A3R LED TV | Denon x2100w AVR | Sony BDPS5100 (blu ray) | SONY PS3 | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk RC65i (L/R rear Surround) | Polk RC80i (L/R Surround) | SVS PB-2000 (Subwoofer) | Harmony Smart Control (Remote)

My basement reno: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...l#post33708177
post #7477 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 93
As I recall during the first season, at a tournament the Mountain went after another Night that had unhorsed him, The Knight of the Flowers I think. Just before the Mountain was going to kill him the Hound stepped in and the two of them went after each other until King Robert yelled enough. The Hound went to one knee just as the Mountain was taking a swing and the blade went right over his head. The Hound and the Mountain were pretty close in size. The Hound was known as Joffrey dog. Both were loyal to the King and family.
post #7478 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Geez, you want the guy to have a conniption?
Like I would care.

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #7479 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementHT5 View Post
The Khalasar didn't leave on good terms with Dany in Season 1. Jorah had to defend her as she "killed" their Khal (Drogo) with the black magic lady. Then they all rode off. The odds of her getting gang raped are just as good, if not better, than her actually leading the Dothraki to join her cause.
Well, if she can't charm them into not killing her, she always has Drogon to help convince them, and there is always the possibility that they have learned who the Mother of Dragons is. I mean, the hoard that encircled her seems a bit much just to deal with one tiny woman. Eh? I am entertaining the thought that Drogon brought her there for a reason. Dragons have wisdom and powers beyond there awesome physicality.
Nayan likes this.

HJ
...esse quam videri

Last edited by HJonez; 06-15-2015 at 02:59 PM.
post #7480 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked: 1113
Quote:
Well, if she can't charm them into not killing her, she always has Drogon to help convince them, and there is always the possibility that they have learned who the Mother of Dragons is. I mean, the hoard that encircled her seems a bit much just to deal with one tiny woman. Eh?

Drogon's majestic power was somehow taken down a few notches for me .. laying on the ground in the middle of a circle of bones and essentially worthless .. really .. ?? A couple spear shots that really don't do all that much damage and he's reduced to this .. ??

And you know, the Dothraki horde just happened to be in the area just at the right time .. somebody must have tipped them off that Dany was home .. "What a stroke of luck, fellow Dothraks, we don't have to cross no stinking water now .. "

Somebody mentioned earlier about Dany being rather dirty, clothes soiled, etc .. well, hey, you ride a Dragon for who knows how many miles and see what you look like ..
Nayan likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7481 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Drogon's majestic power was somehow taken down a few notches for me .. laying on the ground in the middle of a circle of bones and essentially worthless .. really .. ?? A couple spear shots that really don't do all that much damage and he's reduced to this .. ??

Given GRRM's pechant for killing off major characters, it seems like even the frickin' dragons aren't safe!
Sharp1080 and Nayan like this.
post #7482 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:18 PM

Wink

Quote:

And you know, the Dothraki horde just happened to be in the area just at the right time .. somebody must have tipped them off that Dany was home .. "What a stroke of luck, fellow Dothraks, we don't have to cross no stinking water now .. "

Somebody mentioned earlier about Dany being rather dirty, clothes soiled, etc .. well, hey, you ride a Dragon for who knows how many miles and see what you look like ..
Maybe Drogon was playing possum, to keep Dany hanging around for some reason. And, don't forget that dragons like to sleep, and breathing fire must be tiring. Give Drogon a break.

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #7483 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
now, I know I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I've always felt that scene was supposed to be somehow prophetic, as well as the scene where she is in the Red Keep that's been destroyed and snow is falling ..

how is that going out on a limb?...it's meant as a prophecy...I think Melisandre's visions are also true...she just got the person wrong...Stannis is not the chosen one

looks like the fortune teller/witch's prediction about all of Cersei's children dying is slowly coming true...only Tommen remains and he doesn't seem in great shape after not eating etc...the entire Tyrell clan was missing from the finale (Margaery, Loras, Olenna) and so was Littlefinger and Roose Bolton
post #7484 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
That wasn't how I read that scene at all. To me it was more like Drogon saying, "Leave me alone mom, I'm trying to sleep." He was tired and just didn't have any time for her shenanigans.
Ph8te, jamieva, Nayan and 1 others like this.
post #7485 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moob View Post
That wasn't how I read that scene at all. To me it was more like Drogon saying, "Leave me alone mom, I'm trying to sleep." He was tired and just didn't have any time for her shenanigans.
As he licked a wound ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7486 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
...Stannis is not the chosen one
Now I can't debate that ..
Nayan and HJonez like this.

Uncle Willie

post #7487 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Maybe Drogon was playing possum, to keep Dany hanging around for some reason. And, don't forget that dragons like to sleep, and breathing fire must be tiring. Give Drogon a break.
OK, he's on break ..

Uncle Willie

post #7488 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm willing to bet a lot of money that JS and the hound will been seen alive and kicking again in this series. However I'm betting that Stannis is dead dead since he doesn't really have any more of a story line to go on with.
post #7489 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by estand View Post
I'm willing to bet a lot of money that JS and the hound will been seen alive and kicking again in this series. However I'm betting that Stannis is dead dead since he doesn't really have any more of a story line to go on with.

if Stannis is dead then where does that leave Ser Davos...he's one of my favorite characters and his entire story seemed tied with Stannis...where does he go from here?...if Jon Snow is also dead then he really has no major ties with anyone else...he's not going to stick around with Melisandre...maybe he can join up with Daenerys
post #7490 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
if Stannis is dead then where does that leave Ser Davos...he's one of my favorite characters and his entire story seemed tied with Stannis...where does he go from here?...if Jon Snow is also dead then he really has no major ties with anyone else...he's not going to stick around with Melisandre...maybe he can join up with Daenerys
He's one of my favorites too. Whatever happens to him, I hope it ends up keeping him in the show somehow.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7491 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
Did the sacrifice of Shireen remind anyone else of the Biblical story of Abraham and his son Isaac? Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son to prove his devotion, but just before Abraham deals the death blow, an angel stops him. It was only a test. I guess this Lord of Light doesn't believe in tests.
I thought of Iphigenia in Aulis -- the circumstances are much more similar.
HJonez likes this.
post #7492 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:28 PM

"I'm glad the end of the world is working out well for someone,” --Jon Snow

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #7493 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Not sure I agree. 1 he's not fully grown, so still much more vulnerable than he would be. It's not like they have never ending energy even Smaug needed to sleep.... We don't know how much damage he took and at least to me it read more of exhaustion rather than the wounds affecting him. They are just showing that dragons are vulnerable especially when young.

Quote:

If you count replays from previous seasons sure JS as we know him is dead dead. May he be resurrected as someone new? Who knows, but he won't be the person we once knew him as. For the Hound I wish you luck with that bet, dead is dead and not all are shown. The Hound has even less of a story line to go with than Stannis.

Quote:

Set Davos has a few options including the Wildlings he once was a seaman so there is always that as well. No need to have major ties in order to move forward.

Sent from nowhere
post #7494 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
I was going to use a body-double .

in case folks forgot, I am a female
I didn't realize that. Lemme get back to you
Nayan likes this.
post #7495 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:44 PM

What about Loras and Margaery? They seem to have been forgotten.

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #7496 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
What about Loras and Margaery? They seem to have been forgotten.
Even though Cersi did her walk, I believe it was said there's still going to be a trial for the things she has denied, so we will probably see Loras and Margaery on trial next season as well.
Ph8te and HJonez like this.

Life is like a roller coaster. I'd rather ride in front with my skirt in my face than in the back with none of my hairs out of place. Crap I say
post #7497 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Quote:

He gets a spin off wherein he opens a tavern and slings tall smuggling yarns to his regular customers. His Pirate friend is always showing up with the hot babes and causing trouble. They argue all the time but they're also really good friends.

HJonez likes this.
post #7498 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
If you count replays from previous seasons sure JS as we know him is dead dead.
Nice quantifier there.
Ph8te likes this.
post #7499 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
The Hound has even less of a story line to go with than Stannis.
And this, well we'll just have to agree to disagree.
post #7500 of 7706 Old 06-15-2015, 05:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Nice quantifier there.

Dead is dead and that's not something I think the actor or the creators want to backtrack on. JS is dead dead, the way out and what I have been thinking is that he "could" come back redirected as someone else. If you want JS however, that was the last of him.

Sent from nowhere
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page